[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
There are multiple ways to build ships that don't do this. I currently know of only 4, 3 of which were found by players, one I found because of a loophole in my configs.

Ok, i am having issues though with anything bigger than a handful of planks. If I could make a suggestion, to make the carpenters block frames have no physics and build a boat that way. Like they do in real life. Planks nailed onto a frame. Then you can allow for the bigger ships as well.

I've looked into Ancient Warfare, and there are many things that would have to be done on it's author's side before I could add it.
Well, hopefully Gotolink (who has taken the mod over) can resolve some of those issues so you are able to include it :)

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Getting this crash a lot lately.

Attachments

• crash-2015-05-04_09.33.42-client.txt
    35.1 KB · Views: 82

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
i will look into the Artemis mod but what is happening is my TFC double chests occasionally appear to be two separate chests side by side (which isnt possible) and when i try to open it my game crashes. So, its more than a visual thing. I will try to get a screenshot when it happens again.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
i will look into the Artemis mod but what is happening is my TFC double chests occasionally appear to be two separate chests side by side (which isnt possible) and when i try to open it my game crashes. So, its more than a visual thing. I will try to get a screenshot when it happens again.
Ahh, that is a TFC bug that has been around for awhile. The only solution is to relog, or not use double chests.

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way currently to get refined iron or silica for electrical age?

Edit: for instance, you mentioned you made the egg incubator to work with TFC eggs but I can't see how to make an incubator without being able to make a cheap chip with a silicon ingot or have tungston ingots. Is this for a future update or is my NEI not showing me the alternate recipes? Thanks

Last edited:

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way currently to get refined iron or silica for electrical age?

Edit: for instance, you mentioned you made the egg incubator to work with TFC eggs but I can't see how to make an incubator without being able to make a cheap chip with a silicon ingot or have tungston ingots. Is this for a future update or is my NEI not showing me the alternate recipes? Thanks

Refined iron is made by macerating wrought iron, then smelting the dust.
Silicon is made my macerating sand, then compressing the dust.
Tungsten is ore dictionaried with platnium, so by macerating it you will get tungsten dust.

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
ok thank you. not all of that can be seen on NEI which was confusing me as to how to proceed with the mod :)

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I don't know if anyone has had or is having this issue. But, I can log into my game and, for instance, EA copper wires can be crafted in the anvil. However, if I log off and on again I can no longer make those and the anvil recipe no longer shows up in the NEI. Any help as to why this is happening would be appreciated. I am playing on a server.

Edit: nvm, i didnt have the same script folder as the server.
Edit: I downloaded the 2.10.0 scripts again but now i can't see the Ye Gamol Chattels recipes that use wooden planks again. Server and client both have the 2.10.0 script folder.

Last edited:

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I don't know if anyone has had or is having this issue. But, I can log into my game and, for instance, EA copper wires can be crafted in the anvil. However, if I log off and on again I can no longer make those and the anvil recipe no longer shows up in the NEI. Any help as to why this is happening would be appreciated. I am playing on a server.

Edit: nvm, i didnt have the same script folder as the server.
Edit: I downloaded the 2.10.0 scripts again but now i can't see the Ye Gamol Chattels recipes that use wooden planks again. Server and client both have the 2.10.0 script folder.

The anvil recipe issue is a bug, it might be fixed in 2.10.1, same as your other issues.

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
Alloh! First of all I LOVE this modpack, it adds what terrafirma was missing imho. What I was wondering, is if there's a way to automate smelting ores with golems, since bc pipes dosn't seem to conect.

DanScottArt

Jul 29, 2019
Really loving this mod pack. I'm curious how the Thaumcraft integration is working though. I was testing it out a little in creative and had a few questions. How do you get iron nuggets to create your first wand? How do you create the Thaumonomicon without vanilla bookshelves? How do you progress with the Thaumometer when a lot of the basic things you need to scan in the beginning don't work? Things like torches, water, gravel, etc. How do you get Silverwood Saplings since they don't appear to spawn in the wild?

Are there plans to add these things to the mod pack or is there an alternate progression that I'm unaware of?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Alloh! First of all I LOVE this modpack, it adds what terrafirma was missing imho. What I was wondering, is if there's a way to automate smelting ores with golems, since bc pipes dosn't seem to conect.
Never really tested golems, but my guess would be a no.

Really loving this mod pack. I'm curious how the Thaumcraft integration is working though. I was testing it out a little in creative and had a few questions. How do you get iron nuggets to create your first wand? How do you create the Thaumonomicon without vanilla bookshelves? How do you progress with the Thaumometer when a lot of the basic things you need to scan in the beginning don't work? Things like torches, water, gravel, etc. How do you get Silverwood Saplings since they don't appear to spawn in the wild?

Are there plans to add these things to the mod pack or is there an alternate progression that I'm unaware of?

you can get vanilla bookshelves, wand caps are made in anvils, you scan other things first, any vanilla TC tutorial is broken for this pack, and silver woods do spawn.

DanScottArt

Jul 29, 2019
you can get vanilla bookshelves, wand caps are made in anvils, you scan other things first, any vanilla TC tutorial is broken for this pack, and silver woods do spawn.

Awesome! So Thaumometer research progression is still taken into account? You just have to scan different things than what's typical with vanilla Thaumcraft? Is there documentation anywhere to help get started with this?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome! So Thaumometer research progression is still taken into account? You just have to scan different things than what's typical with vanilla Thaumcraft? Is there documentation anywhere to help get started with this?

Currently, there is no tutorial for the pack, nor the mods in it. There will be a tutorial on the wiki at some point, just haven't gotten around to it. If you'd like to submit a TC tutorial page on there, feel free to do so.

Next update I will be adding themed music, and some new battle music. If'd you like to submit themed music, feel free to do so (can also suggest the biome/mob/time it would play), as long as you keep in mind that it needs to be royalty free (custom YouTube playlists preferred, I can easily download them). I'd also prefer using using this music, as it is royalty free. Feel free to message me the information for it.*

*Must have proof that it is royalty free, or, at the very least, contact information for the artist.

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated to the latest version and I can't seem to be able to craft anything from iron in the anvil now, I could atleast craft wand caps in 2.9.0, what changed?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated to the latest version and I can't seem to be able to craft anything from iron in the anvil now, I could atleast craft wand caps in 2.9.0, what changed?
Wand caps are made in an anvil now. Always check NEI for recipes, the Thaumonomicon does not update them.

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
WTF I swear I couldn't craft them in the anvil when I posted, just Flan and Chase, somehow it's fixed now, sorry.