[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

xvolution

Jul 29, 2019
When using the sluice on multiplayer and there are items gained through the sluicing, the following internal exception is cast:

9343e2733e.png

It might happen when a gem is found through the sluice, since it was sluicing sand when it crashed.

Jharii

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't see this covered... With TFC, wood blocks sink in the water. How are you able to build your ship on the water prior to applying the ship block?

Thanks.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019

I don't know about that error, I haven't seen that before, nor have encountered it in any way. I'll look into it and try to find a fix and include it in 2.9.0

I didn't see this covered... With TFC, wood blocks sink in the water. How are you able to build your ship on the water prior to applying the ship block?

Thanks.

Actually, it's not TFC, it is Enviromine. I know of four ways that you can get around this. One way is to support a row of logs in the ocean, then to build the rest of your ship off of those logs. Then, launch the ship, and remove the supporting material under it. As long as you do not update the bottom most row of blocks, the ship will remain intact when you dock it.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Update 2.9.0

Forge Version: 10.13.1.1307

Added TFC cellars addon, Sladki
Added Darkserver Utilites and Added Technofirma, FailMelon
Added FMP Integration, wasiebob
Added Voxelmap, Mamya0taru
Added parachute mod, crackedEgg
Added JourneyMap Fiarplay, techbrew
Added Thaumcraft NEI plugin, DJGiannz
Added Thaumcraft, Azanor
Added Thaumcraft Mob Aspects, iguana_man
Added Schematica, Lunatrius
Added Lunatrius Core, Lunatrius
Added OpenPrinter, MichiyoRavencroft
Added TabbyChat, killjoy1221
Added MC+ API/Cart/Lock/Collision, Anykuo1
Added CobbleHaters, skyboy026

Fixed street lamps not being placed
Fixed ships dropping air roofs and air walls
Fixed EA Watermills (they now work!)
Enable vanilla chest recipe (vanilla chest can not be placed, only used for recipes and in carts
Fixed X-Ray scanner not detecting TFC ores
Fixed Auto-Miner not detecting TFC ores
Infusion altar recipes use ore dictionary, even if NEI doesn't show it! Always go for the TFC equivalent, when possible!
Added Prospecting wand focus, for use in finding TC ores that spawn in world
turned down frequency of TFC cave ins
Other fixes, and some tweaks
Always check NEI for recipes, and make sure to turn the page!

Many thanks to FailMelon for making not one, but two(!) custom mods that fix and enable more options for this pack!

Official Public Server Updated, with a Map Reset.
Update should go live on FTB shortly.

Kaytavo

Jul 29, 2019
oh nice i've been waiting for the reset
will there be another reset in the foreseeable future?

Kaytavo

Jul 29, 2019
Not impossible, but very unlikely. I highly doubt that I will need to reset the server again for quite some time.
ah good to know i'm guessing the server is already set up and waiting for the push?
i guess i'll be on shortly then

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
ah good to know i'm guessing the server is already set up and waiting for the push?
i guess i'll be on shortly then
Server is already running 2.9.0 on the new map, all that you need to join is the 2.9.0 update, otherwise it will keep preventing you from logging in.

Kaytavo

Jul 29, 2019
yea i figured as much welp imma find something to do while i wait
Edit:
hmm seems to not of updated yet. hmm maybe it's just me...
Edit2: might of fixed it will update if i did

Last edited:

Jharii

Jul 29, 2019
Dang. Really wish this launcher would update. It's still pushing 2.8 as the latest and I need my new Technofirma fix. :/

xvolution

Jul 29, 2019
FTB has sadly always been very slow at pushing updates. It usually takes from 2-7 days for them to push a pack update.

TennePlaysGames

Jul 29, 2019
Well the launcher has the pack updated. . . Kind of.

When I try to launch, it gives me an error and the console says that the modpack zip file cannot be found.
  1. [00:16:40] [INFO] LaunchFrame.initializeMods:775: Technofirma
  2. [00:16:40] [INFO] ModManager.upToDate:376: Modpack is out of date.
  3. [00:16:40] [INFO] ModManager$ModManagerWorker.downloadModPack:206: Downloading Mod Pack
  4. [00:16:40] [DEBUG] ModManager$ModManagerWorker.downloadModPack:215: pack dir: Technofirma
  5. [00:16:40] [DEBUG] ModManager$ModManagerWorker.downloadModPack:216: dynamicLoc: C:\Users\Pat\AppData\Local/ftblauncher/
  6. [00:16:40] [DEBUG] ModManager$ModManagerWorker.downloadModPack:217: installPath: C:\Users\Pat\Files\Games\FTB 172
  7. [00:16:40] [DEBUG] ModManager$ModManagerWorker.downloadModPack:218: baseLink: privatepacks/Technofirma/2_9_0/
  8. [00:16:40] [DEBUG] PiwikTracker.run:64: Tracker request failed. Return code: 500
  9. [00:16:45] [ERROR] GeneratedConstructorAccessor20.newInstance:-1->ModManager$ModManagerWorker.downloadUrl:174: Error while downloading modpack: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/privatepacks/Technofirma/2_9_0/Technofirma.zip

I'm not sure why this would be happening, but let's hope that it can be fixed.

EDIT: It's working now, forget that this post exists >_>

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Finally trying the pack, "now" that it had some time to mature and fix bugs(yes, I know, the pack is not a new pack a long time...)

Was trying to add a resource pack but it keeps failing... Is this a known issue caused by some mod or should I try to dig deep what is causing the fail?

Also, server reset, nice! Will try it once I learn some of the TFC mechanics :)

WickedWays

Jul 29, 2019
I do not know if it's a bug or something like that but earthquakes are really boring, they continue to open huge craters in my world without stopping, they last about 1 hour in real life, imagine getting 1 hour playing and everything is shaking really sucks, someone could tell me how to disable this event just?
Which mod that adds earthquakes?
I looked in the wheather2 mod settings and did not see anything about earthquakes just about hurricanes, tornadoes, rain and wind.
please help me to disable earthquakes
Sorry for my bad inglish
thank you in advance for all
very good your work on the ModPack this is really the best I've played to date

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I do not know if it's a bug or something like that but earthquakes are really boring, they continue to open huge craters in my world without stopping, they last about 1 hour in real life, imagine getting 1 hour playing and everything is shaking really sucks, someone could tell me how to disable this event just?
Which mod that adds earthquakes?
I looked in the wheather2 mod settings and did not see anything about earthquakes just about hurricanes, tornadoes, rain and wind.
please help me to disable earthquakes
Sorry for my bad inglish
thank you in advance for all
very good your work on the ModPack this is really the best I've played to date
Its the enviromine mod. You can disable them in the config files

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Reactions: WickedWays

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Very soon I will release build 2.9.1, which will disable earthquakes. It will also update TFC to 0.79.17

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
All of the English series are Kaput.
Yeah...there's a couple of new ones I have yet to add to the list, hopefully they'll last longer :)

Taken from the TFC forum post of this pack:

KyleMan, on 17 Apr 2015 - 11:31 PM on the Terrafirmacraft forums, said:
--snip--

Also, I thinks you should add the progression mod to this mod pack kev12east. It will make the players craft items that you want them to craft first before another thing, and it can give them rewards! Kinda like hqm but with a little more

I've looked at that mod, and it is most certainly interesting. The two main problems I see with this is the difficulty of designing a good tech tree, and that fact that this pack was never meant to be like Agrarian Skies or other questing packs, which give an end goal and limit player actions. I like the freedom of having no quest line, and being able to build what you want, when you want, because you want to, not because a quest told you to make this thing (someone is writing quests for this pack; however, I do not want questing to become the main focus of this pack). I may save this mod for Technofirma 3, or if I do add it earlier, it will at best be some minor logical recipes sequences (ex: boat>hand cart>ship>rails/steam engine>plane). My main focus for the next major update right now is world gen, as I am planning a more realistic/newer system of terrain generation, and as such am considering changing how ores work (at least on servers).

Just to clarify some things, as this was never made clear at any point in the history of this pack:

This pack has it's origins in another pack I made, Dextek, which was a private server pack for DarkserverUK. Dextek was a mod pack in which I added whatever I wanted, and changed other things whenever. At one point, I added Terrafirmacraft. After some time, I managed to get Gregtech to at least partially work with TFC. It was at a later date that I found a thread on the FTB forums discussing the possibility of a TFC modpack coming to the launcher. It was a subject of much debate on that thread if it were possible to add TFC into a modpack with other tech mods or not. To put it simply I said it was, and others disagreed. After some time had passed, I compiled a modpack called Technofirma (very original, I know), and released it on the FTB launcher. As far as I know, this was the first modpack of it's kind, and that really annoyed me at the time. To put it shortly, this modpack began as nothing more than a proof of concept, and with the idea that other modpacks utilizing Terrafirmacraft would come about, or community interest would be strong enough that I simply could leave pack development to the community, and the project would be over. To the extent of those goals, this pack has been completed, and has been for awhile now (I can name at least one pack that comes from Technofirma, and there's a modpacks sub-forum on the TFC forums, need I say more?). However, I met new people, and saw a real interest (and a surprising enjoyment in the pack I had put together), and as such I continued to develop it (a player of this pack has actually written a mod for this pack). I still plan on developing this pack, but there will still be some experimentation going on, as it is with Thaumcraft, and soon to be some other mods.

I know I don't say this very often, I really do appreciate the work the modders have done, the permission to use their amazing works in this modpack, and the users, who keep me making this pack. To be honest, I think the term "pack maker" or "pack developer" is really inaccurate, we don't really do much accept throw mods together, change some configs, and hope all turns out well.

And as such, thank you,

kev12east

Last edited: