[1.7.10] Stranded on the Beach [HQM][100+ Quests][Hard]

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I am on an island. I am also having complications with the Tech Tree. FIrst quest for the Leadstone Cell. it wont accept the one I made for some reason. Also, beginner quests, when I started, there was a quest for Netherstone or something in the Top Left corner, but once I reached the Nether, the quest disappeared, but it says I have completed 100% of the quests in the First quests.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I am on an island. I am also having complications with the Tech Tree. FIrst quest for the Leadstone Cell. it wont accept the one I made for some reason. Also, beginner quests, when I started, there was a quest for Netherstone or something in the Top Left corner, but once I reached the Nether, the quest disappeared, but it says I have completed 100% of the quests in the First quests.
The leadstone cell bug I honestly have no idea what is causing it, as it worked before and I've changed nothing, but I'll look into it (damn TE ids). As for the nether quest, that is simply an optional quest to skip the entire quest tree for repeat players.

Blue lue Boy

Jul 29, 2019
First things first, I'm having a lot of fun playing this modpack, many thanks for putting this together.

As a side note, I believe nobody here has pointed out that the server download is missing forge (I know one can install it easily but most mod packs come with it and I sort of got used to the ease of just clicking that lauchserver.bat ;-) More important, it is also missing NEI that should be present on both server and client side.

Now to what is really bugging me : how the hell did you guys manage to get steel? TE quest line starts pretty straight of with the blast furnace that requires blaze powder or readymade magmacream balls. The first thing I did of course was go to the nether and harvest as many blaze rods as I could, plus soulsand and nether bricks for good measure!
Imagine how disappointed I was coming back home with all these goodies and discovering you cannot craft blaze powder from blaze rods ! You need a bloody pulverizer of some sort to do that which of course requires steel (not to mention special mariculture glass)... So I have been scavenging my map for cinderpearls or readymade steel tools loots that I can smelt down. After hours and hours and well over a terabyte of worldsave generated terrain, I only have found one steel sword and no desert biome.
I guess my best chance would be to go down mariculture genetics from now on to get to nether fish that will produce blaze powders but this seems overcomplicated considering it is quest number 2 of the TE quest line so my question is am I missing something here?
I guess I have been quite unlucky with my seed having found absolutely no warm biome within 16 000 blocks around my spawn but still, it may also be me not seing the obvious...

Blue lue Boy

Jul 29, 2019
First things first, I'm having a lot of fun playing this modpack, many thanks for putting this together.

As a side note, I believe nobody here has pointed out that the server download is missing forge (I know one can install it easily but most mod packs come with it and I sort of got used to the ease of just clicking that lauchserver.bat ;-) More important, it is also missing NEI that should be present on both server and client side.

Now to what is really bugging me : how the hell did you guys manage to get steel? TE quest line starts pretty straight of with the blast furnace that requires blaze powder or readymade magmacream balls. The first thing I did of course was go to the nether and harvest as many blaze rods as I could, plus soulsand and nether bricks for good measure!
Imagine how disappointed I was coming back home with all these goodies and discovering you cannot craft blaze powder from blaze rods ! You need a bloody pulverizer of some sort to do that which of course requires steel (not to mention special mariculture glass)... So I have been scavenging my map for cinderpearls or readymade steel tools loots that I can smelt down. After hours and hours and well over a terabyte of worldsave generated terrain, I only have found one steel sword and no desert biome.
I guess my best chance would be to go down mariculture genetics from now on to get to nether fish that will produce blaze powders but this seems overcomplicated considering it is quest number 2 of the TE quest line so my question is am I missing something here?
I guess I have been quite unlucky with my seed having found absolutely no warm biome within 16 000 blocks around my spawn but still, it may also be me not seing the obvious...

OK, so I'm an idiot, instead of looking up in NEI I kept searching for a desert. Of course I eventually tumbled into one that happened to be less than 3000 blocks from home but seemed to keep hiding from me. Only to discover that... cinderpearls DON'T get crafted to blaze powders but sulfur instead....
And then it struck me! I suddenly remembered Magmacubes seem to respond very well to looting enchants :) Indeed, a single one of them dropped me 6 magmacreams with looting I on my sword. Got 8 in less than half an hour in the nether...

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the response! I must have simply forgotten the forge download in the past server file, I'll fix that in the next version. As for the blaze powder, that's not intended, nor can I think of anything to cause that... Nevertheless, I'll look into it. And yeah, Hehe, I've disabled most steel gear as loot.

On that note, apologies for not addressing any of your problems as of late, I haven't been at my computer. I'll get to it as soon as I can!

Blue lue Boy

Jul 29, 2019
Haha it would be quite mean to blame you for a short delay in responding! We know all of this is done on free time, don't worry there is no reason you should be under pressure ;-)

I've been searching through the config files and the server logs myself and cannot figure out any line that would disable the vanilla blaze powder recipe or report it broken. No google search I made to locate a mod that could enforce that gave me any result either... Puzzling indeed.

Just to make sure, XU watering cans disabled was done on purpose I suppose? This was mentioned in the config files so I assume you did. I'm wondering however, could you not have left the hardened one? There is no way one can get it early game so it won't help with early food and stuff but after you get to craft berockium and accept to loose a full heart, I sort of feel you should be entitled to have some way of increasing local tickrates don't you think?

Last edited:

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Haha it would be quite mean to blame you for a short delay in responding! We know all of this is done on free time, don't worry there is no reason you should be under pressure ;-)

I've been searching through the config files and the server logs myself and cannot figure out any line that would disable the vanilla blaze powder recipe or report it broken. No google search I made to locate a mod that could enforce that gave me any result either... Puzzling indeed.

Just to make sure, XU watering cans disabled was done on purpose I suppose? This was mentioned in the config files so I assume you did. I'm wondering however, could you not have left the hardened one? There is no way one can get it early game so it won't help with early food and stuff but after you get to craft berockium and accept to loose a full heart, I sort of feel you should be entitled to have some way of increasing local tickrates don't you think?
Thanks for understanding :)
On the other note, I find the reinforced watering can laughably overpowered. If you want to increase tickrate though, both the sigil of the green grove and the ritual work fine, and are in part why I disabled the watering can.

Blue lue Boy

Jul 29, 2019
True enough ! I have to confess however my idea was not really about growing crops, I'm way beyond that point and a skelington spawner has solved bone meal issues long ago. My project was all about ender pearls an a nice steve's factory driven enderlilies farm that will unfortunately not run on any bonemeal type of growth boost. My endless scavenging for steel has however provided me with a pair of division sigils and a cursed earth spawner/grinder has proven to be much more efficient for all of my current needs: bone meal, ender pearls and energy.

This being said, reinforced watering cans are indeed quite OP but the original crafting recipe on its own is a rather advanced game achievement so I've always felt like it was sort of a well deserved item when you finally get to craft one.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
FYI 0.7.2 still crashes on startup until you manually change the forge version.
I'm not having this problem, can anyone else confirm?

EDIT: Well, this is a problem... The FTB team assured me they fixed it, I guess I'll talk to them again.

Last edited:

Blue lue Boy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still having severe NEI click'n crash that completely kill my client (playing SMP). Am I the only one or does someone else have the issue. I've tried upgrading mariculture to the latest version, things seem better but at some point it will still randomly crash and I really can't find why (no crash reports, the client and FTB launcher just disappear)

I've also encountered a puzzling bug related to silicon. I can only use silicon with AE2 inscribers. Any use in ender IO alloy smelter or splice'n dice does not work. I know AE will accept silicon from other mods and disable its own silicon, could it be that this particular mechanic has messed with the ore dictionnary support for ender IO machines?

Blue lue Boy

Jul 29, 2019
Just tested in single player, silicon works fine with ender IO machines, so the problem only happens to me in multiplayer... I really wonder why though...

Therevrun

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having this problem. I just downloaded and tried to change the forge version with multimc and it still crashes.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having this problem. I just downloaded and tried to change the forge version with multimc and it still crashes.
Sorry, which problem is this? If you're talking about the forge problem, I've notified the FTB team again, hopefully they can fix this whole matter, but it's not on my end so I cannot do anything except for relaying information to them.

I'm still having severe NEI click'n crash that completely kill my client (playing SMP). Am I the only one or does someone else have the issue. I've tried upgrading mariculture to the latest version, things seem better but at some point it will still randomly crash and I really can't find why (no crash reports, the client and FTB launcher just disappear)

I've also encountered a puzzling bug related to silicon. I can only use silicon with AE2 inscribers. Any use in ender IO alloy smelter or splice'n dice does not work. I know AE will accept silicon from other mods and disable its own silicon, could it be that this particular mechanic has messed with the ore dictionnary support for ender IO machines?
Is it a mariculture crash still?

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE: Version 0.75 just has some minor bug fixes, but it should address all of your problems. I really do have to apologize, but the TE update seemed to really break a ton of things.

VinnyI82

Jul 29, 2019
Banana Split Recipe doesn't seem to be working. Have all of the required ingredients; tried crafting in a tinkers station and a vanilla crafting station to no avail. Tried using all the different cooking tools, and normal bowls...nothing has worked. Also NEI does not show the recipe for it either, had to find that one out online.

Forgive me for this one Six but I deleted the items I had and cheated the final product in....oh well.

Almost completely finished the first 3 sections....oh and I still hate thaumcraft.

Good bloody pack man. :D

P.S.
Had to Install Journey cuz the mapwriter kept resetting....really lame.
VNPsjSq.png

4/06 Can't create electrical steel in the alloy smelter. The iron and the coal powder go in, bu the silicon won't. It looks fine in the config....but...well...

Last edited:

Astrogirl

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I've started this pack to give it a try and am enjoying it so far. I have a question though, I see there are botania quests, and I can see the petal apocathary needs a magical flower petal to create it but I don't see any magical flowers spawned anywhere. I've wandered through a few biomes and can see a variety of plants etc but no magical flowers. Is this a glitch or is there a different way to get them?