[1.7.10] Space Astronomy [Space] [HQM] [Tech] *DONT POST ISSUES HERE*

Who would be interested in joining a offical server for this mod pack?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
No blood moon. No crash. just increase in entities and decrease in FPS. Also, I went to the mining dimension and it was find. Seems the Overworld is messed up.

Thanks! I sent the log through your Bug reporting system.
I have crafted the portal to the deep dark many times and im not getting the problem. Does the portal work?

BalaisePascal

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
having fun with the pack, but the hqm quest "filling tanks" is bugged, "oxygen compressor" craft isn't detected. :/

(another issue : blood moon is also causing me huge lag spikes... plus it seems the event happens ALOT)

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
Hi,
having fun with the pack, but the hqm quest "filling tanks" is bugged, "oxygen compressor" craft isn't detected. :/

(another issue : blood moon is also causing me huge lag spikes... plus it seems the event happens ALOT)
I'll look in to it thanks and also please could you use the bug reporter link to post issues and bugs :)

Last edited:

BalaisePascal

Jul 29, 2019
Cool thanks.

I'll look in to it thanks and also please could you use the bug reporter link to post isuissues and bugs :)

Nope, can't do :D At least for this particular bug, causer there is no bug report at all for the lack of a quest fullfillment : it's just the hqm book that wasn't set up right (there is no object shown at all in the right page when asking to make the oxygen compressor).

Reactions: MJRLegends

PeculiarPineTreePlays

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a server pack somewhere? Some friends and I were gonna do a YouTube lets-play on it but we can't get the server to work.

Last edited:

ezterry

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a server pack somewhere? Some friends and I were gonna do a YouTube lets-play on it but we can't get the server to work.
Given the lack of "Download Server" button I'm quite sure there is no official server pack.

I was able to bash at it a little and get a server to start (with both the server and client running both on my local computer it was impossibly laggy .. but a starting point if you want to experiment)

First the pack I'm currently running is 1.1.2 with the following manual upgrades mods (These may not be required but it is what I tested with, and have been using most the week when in my local world without issue):

* ThermalDynamics-[1.7.10]1.0.0-122.jar
* ThermalExpansion-[1.7.10]4.0.1-182.jar
* ThermalFoundation-[1.7.10]1.0.0-81.jar
* CoFHCore-[1.7.10]3.0.2-262.jar

To get the server to work:

1) You will download (run one time) the Space Astronomy pack from the FTB launcher
2) (optional) locate and upgrade the packages I mentioned above
3) to work with/as a server you are going to need to upgrade MorePlanets since the current version will crash on server startup for this you will require:
- GalacticraftCore-1.7-3.0.11.319.jar
- Galacticraft-Planets-1.7-3.0.11.319.jar
- MicdoodleCore-1.7-3.0.11.319.jar
- More-Planets-1.7.10-1.2.6.jar
4) Now you will need to install the forge server (install with forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1291-installer.jar into an empty directory as instructed on the forge install instructions)
5) copy the mods and config directories from the client into the server directory
6) now remove the following mods from the server only (they ought to be client only thus still function.. however these did cause the server to fail to start):
- [1.7.10]DamageIndicatorsMod-3.2.3.jar
- JourneyMap5.0.1_Unlimited_MC1.7.10.jar
- CustomMainMenu-MC1.7.10-1.2.jar
- (if you installed it for the client before copying the directories also remote optifine from the server)
7) now if you run forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1291-universal.jar it will likely load the mods and exit with the EULA error
8) accept the eula (edit eula.txt) and edit server.properties to have "level-type=BIOMEOP" and re-launch the server.. now a random Biomes of Plenty server ought to have been generated and started. I'd recommend setting it to require a whitelist and configuring ops if things seem to be working.

As I said just a starting point since I've not played much past "Getting Wood".. Any more testing on my part I'd need to tweek a server into running it.

BalaisePascal

Jul 29, 2019
Hi again, still enjoying the pack, though cheats are needed atm to get past bugs.
One more crippling bug (I used bug reporter too this time :D ) : galacticraft core is outdated and bugged. As stated on wiki, this version has many recipes being broken.
Air lock controller, launch controller, etc. can't be crafted.
You have to update galacticraft core to at least version 3.0.11.319 which fixes it.

PeculiarPineTreePlays

Jul 29, 2019
Given the lack of "Download Server" button I'm quite sure there is no official server pack.

I was able to bash at it a little and get a server to start (with both the server and client running both on my local computer it was impossibly laggy .. but a starting point if you want to experiment)

First the pack I'm currently running is 1.1.2 with the following manual upgrades mods (These may not be required but it is what I tested with, and have been using most the week when in my local world without issue):

* ThermalDynamics-[1.7.10]1.0.0-122.jar
* ThermalExpansion-[1.7.10]4.0.1-182.jar
* ThermalFoundation-[1.7.10]1.0.0-81.jar
* CoFHCore-[1.7.10]3.0.2-262.jar

To get the server to work:

1) You will download (run one time) the Space Astronomy pack from the FTB launcher
2) (optional) locate and upgrade the packages I mentioned above
3) to work with/as a server you are going to need to upgrade MorePlanets since the current version will crash on server startup for this you will require:
- GalacticraftCore-1.7-3.0.11.319.jar
- Galacticraft-Planets-1.7-3.0.11.319.jar
- MicdoodleCore-1.7-3.0.11.319.jar
- More-Planets-1.7.10-1.2.6.jar
4) Now you will need to install the forge server (install with forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1291-installer.jar into an empty directory as instructed on the forge install instructions)
5) copy the mods and config directories from the client into the server directory
6) now remove the following mods from the server only (they ought to be client only thus still function.. however these did cause the server to fail to start):
- [1.7.10]DamageIndicatorsMod-3.2.3.jar
- JourneyMap5.0.1_Unlimited_MC1.7.10.jar
- CustomMainMenu-MC1.7.10-1.2.jar
- (if you installed it for the client before copying the directories also remote optifine from the server)
7) now if you run forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1291-universal.jar it will likely load the mods and exit with the EULA error
8) accept the eula (edit eula.txt) and edit server.properties to have "level-type=BIOMEOP" and re-launch the server.. now a random Biomes of Plenty server ought to have been generated and started. I'd recommend setting it to require a whitelist and configuring ops if things seem to be working.

As I said just a starting point since I've not played much past "Getting Wood".. Any more testing on my part I'd need to tweek a server into running it.

Thanks, we'll be sure to try it out. :)

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
Hi again, still enjoying the pack, though cheats are needed atm to get past bugs.
One more crippling bug (I used bug reporter too this time :D ) : galacticraft core is outdated and bugged. As stated on wiki, this version has many recipes being broken.
Air lock controller, launch controller, etc. can't be crafted.
You have to update galacticraft core to at least version 3.0.11.319 which fixes it.
Thanks, we'll be sure to try it out. :)
There will be a server pack soon, i was waiting for mods to be updated due to they were causing crashes. And all mods will be updated when a new version comes out for the pack along with the server pack, please be patient.

Edit: A update will be out as soon as its processed by the FTB Team! it will have a server pack to :D

Last edited:

PeculiarPineTreePlays

Jul 29, 2019
There will be a server pack soon, i was waiting for mods to be updated due to they were causing crashes. And all mods will be updated when a new version comes out for the pack along with the server pack, please be patient.

Edit: A update will be out as soon as its processed by the FTB Team! it will have a server pack to :D

Thanks! :D
We'll wait until the update comes out. How long do they usually take to process it? We were planning to record the first one on Thursday, but we can wait if we have to. :)

ooey_GUI_good

Jul 29, 2019
It will be updated very soon as im having problems with updating mods atm as some require versions of forge after 1352 but this is a problem because the way fluid's are registered after forge 1352.
Oh, that's right! I had forgotten about it. I imagine that issue is a nightmare for pack creators.

BalaisePascal

Jul 29, 2019
Hi again (still having fun with pack :) )
Was just wondering : why is machinemuse mod in when all recipes are disabled?