[1.7.10] Space Astronomy [Space] [HQM] [Tech] *DONT POST ISSUES HERE*

Who would be interested in joining a offical server for this mod pack?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
Thanks for putting this great pack together. Had a great time over the weekend doing a space race with friends on my server. Winning team (mine :) ) got to Nibiru in the 48 hour limit we set ourselves.

Few things we noticed which are probably bugs or balance issue (v1.1.8):
1. Some rockets cant be fueled; Tier 3, 5 and 6 (didn't get to 7 or 8) they just sit on the pad but the fuel loader wont load fuel into them (had to use creative pre-fueled rockets)
2. Better portals is linking back from space to inside a compact machine give you Whither and nausea even if there is no instability
3. Night vision in space makes you totally blind
4. Overworld ore gen has too much copper and tin (from multiple mod packs) and so iron which you need a lot of is a bit out of balance.
5. Not a bug but the T4 blueprint being on the moon is not really clear from the quest book. Despite me warning the other team the T4 blueprint is on the moon they still went off to Venus looking for it and then whined the boss was dropping the wrong key for the chest (as I did a few posts up :p ). Unless you happen to get a T4 before the T2 a lot of people are probably going to head off to Mars.

But great pack.
good pack, you might want to disable galacticraft ore gen/some other ore gen so there is 1 consistent set of ores though.
Thank you :D and
1. I will look in to it. Im trying to find a fix for this as its a problem within the addon called more planets.
2. Not sure what you mean here sorry.
3. This is a galacticraft thing, but i will look in to it, and probably have to speak to the creators of the galacticraft and addon more planets.
4. This is already sorted for the next update of the pack.
5. There not really much that can be done about this, I've tried to make it easy to understand, i'll see if i can make any improvements.

A update should be out within 24hr-48hrs

Last edited:

Milo0202

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i'm new to this and was wondering where the download link is, i'm very keen to play this pack.

Desertedbart

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i'm new to this and was wondering where the download link is, i'm very keen to play this pack.
go into your ftb launcher, 3rd party pack, and go to "pack codes" and enter "SpaceA" then the pack should be at the bottom of 3rd party packs or something

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015

sedilis

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply MJR

2. Better Enhanced portals linking back from space to inside a compact machine give you Whither and nausea even if there is no instability

To clarify this; I know its really obscure and probably an issue for the Enhanced portals mod developer...
We were using Enhanced Portals to move freely between planets and our bases on the overworld. For reasons to do with the rules we'd set ourselves our bases were inside max size compact machine cubes. We found if you have a portal on a planet that links to a portal inside a compact machine it turns out you always get wither effect when travelling Planet > compact machine. It does not happen if your portal is not in a compact machine and it does not happen when going the other way. Like I said really obscure so probably wont effect anyone :)

As for the it not being obvious the T4 blueprint is on The Moon; maybe mention The Moon in the Obtain a Tier 4 schematic quest? I know they are connected in the quest book but its easy to miss and when you've done the Mars dungeon head off to a tier 3 planet making the assumption that's where you'll find the T4 blueprint.

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
Thanks for the reply MJR

To clarify this; I know its really obscure and probably an issue for the Enhanced portals mod developer...
We were using Enhanced Portals to move freely between planets and our bases on the overworld. For reasons to do with the rules we'd set ourselves our bases were inside max size compact machine cubes. We found if you have a portal on a planet that links to a portal inside a compact machine it turns out you always get wither effect when travelling Planet > compact machine. It does not happen if your portal is not in a compact machine and it does not happen when going the other way. Like I said really obscure so probably wont effect anyone :)

As for the it not being obvious the T4 blueprint is on The Moon; maybe mention The Moon in the Obtain a Tier 4 schematic quest? I know they are connected in the quest book but its easy to miss and when you've done the Mars dungeon head off to a tier 3 planet making the assumption that's where you'll find the T4 blueprint.
Yeah it seems like a Enhanced Portals thing so maybe report the issue to the developer. And i will see what changes i can make for future updates. :D

lok0143

Jul 29, 2019
Liking the pack so far. One observation is that Copper seems to be added from many mods in this pack and they all seem to have a different harvest level. Some you can mine with a stone pick and others you need higher end picks. Not sure if other ores have the same issues as copper.

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
Liking the pack so far. One observation is that Copper seems to be added from many mods in this pack and they all seem to have a different harvest level. Some you can mine with a stone pick and others you need higher end picks. Not sure if other ores have the same issues as copper.
Thanks and that will be sorted in the next update that's coming out very soon

RedRobin96

Jul 29, 2019
Also I read in the description that you were taking storyline suggestions, maybe one of the quest sections can be where the player takes up bounty hunting, and is travelling through space taking down all of the Galacticraft bosses.

Reactions: MJRLegends

cobramike

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys if i may ask. I wanna setup a server for or group. And now i need to now how to setup permissions extra. Can some one explane me how i need to do that. Thanks. And i must say nice mod pack you have.

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
Hi guys if i may ask. I wanna setup a server for or group. And now i need to now how to setup permissions extra. Can some one explane me how i need to do that. Thanks. And i must say nice mod pack you have.
Thank you :D and what permissions thing are you trying to use and is it for forge or bukkit/spigot?