[1.7.10]Running Red 2: Vampire Money[v1.2.0][Hardcore][Magic][RPG]

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Didn't think about it... my bad. When I am back up, I had to press like for the lore, and then things started to happen. So maybe Im ok? Not sure... there are so many behind the scenes variable mods that i don't Understand going on.

Eclipsd

Jul 29, 2019
As I looked up the uses for the Bucket of Life in NEI, mousing over the liquid in the Fluid Registry tab causes a crash. Besides that, I must sing my praises of this modpack, as I have been thoroughly enjoying it for the past few days.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
As I looked up the uses for the Bucket of Life in NEI, mousing over the liquid in the Fluid Registry tab causes a crash. Besides that, I must sing my praises of this modpack, as I have been thoroughly enjoying it for the past few days.
Thanks, and could I have the crash report?

Reactions: Eclipsd

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Just letting you know the buffs are indeed wearing off I have yet to die and have wore all the buffs off twice. Redoing the quests get you them back. Also the repeatable nature of some of these quests allow you to spam detect and turn in allowing you an infinite amount of item bags, which does make up for having to redo the quests each time the buffs wear off. I'd suggest once you complete the quests, they unlock other repeatable quests with little to no requirements that allow you to renew the buffs.

On another note, what are you suppose to do with all the lead you get?

Last edited:

jurcan

Jul 29, 2019
Noob mode on:
When I create a world (I tried both Survival and Hardcore) I get a "This server doesn't have Hardcore Questing Mode enabled" and in the HQM book is written "Hardcore mode is not active, you have an infinite amount of lives". Is this the same problem? Should it be this way? If not, how do I fix it?

Nood mode partially off:
"This release currently only contains Chapter One, however, more Chapters will be released in the near future." does this mean we will have to restart when the next chatpers are released?

Numbah90

Jul 29, 2019
Noob mode on:
When I create a world (I tried both Survival and Hardcore) I get a "This server doesn't have Hardcore Questing Mode enabled" and in the HQM book is written "Hardcore mode is not active, you have an infinite amount of lives". Is this the same problem? Should it be this way? If not, how do I fix it?

HQM hardcore is not supposed to be on afaik, Though questing mode is. Just do /hqm quest to enable it.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Just letting you know the buffs are indeed wearing off I have yet to die and have wore all the buffs off twice. Redoing the quests get you them back. Also the repeatable nature of some of these quests allow you to spam detect and turn in allowing you an infinite amount of item bags, which does make up for having to redo the quests each time the buffs wear off. I'd suggest once you complete the quests, they unlock other repeatable quests with little to no requirements that allow you to renew the buffs.

On another note, what are you suppose to do with all the lead you get?
Yes, that is an excellent idea. I don't know what the lead is for. I think I've removed it from the drops in one of the recent commits for the next update.
Noob mode on:

Nood mode partially off:
"This release currently only contains Chapter One, however, more Chapters will be released in the near future." does this mean we will have to restart when the next chatpers are released?
Yeah, as Numbah said, the HQM Hardcore is not on, because it doesn't like Absorption Hearts. That's why it says it's disabled. You can just ignore it.

The updates to the quest book will not require you to restart. There will simply be another chapter that will appear in the book. No reason to restart.

KhaoticPoisonIce

Jul 29, 2019
One problem with the rewards- I haven't gotten any aluminum, which means I can't progress in Tinker's to get to cobalt/ardite. This could just be my bad luck, but probability says that is a very small chance. Is aluminum meant to be off limits or no?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
One problem with the rewards- I haven't gotten any aluminum, which means I can't progress in Tinker's to get to cobalt/ardite. This could just be my bad luck, but probability says that is a very small chance. Is aluminum meant to be off limits or no?
It should drop, and I'll take a look at it. But in the meantime, you can use Gold in a smeltery in place of Aluminum Brass, at least for the creation of casts.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
It should drop, and I'll take a look at it. But in the meantime, you can use Gold in a smeltery in place of Aluminum Brass, at least for the creation of casts.
aluminum doesn't drop but you can find it in chest in the center of meteors. Also I remember in blood and bones there was a conflict between java 7 and 8 that made some of the ore id's change. For example, ID A001 would spawn ore Y, in java 7 and spawn ore Z in java 8. Not sure what the resolution was but just in case, you may want to specify what java version for the pack.

Last edited:

jurcan

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any advantages or disadvantages for going human/vampire right now? (At least any that should be known at the beginning, maybe there are some that appear later in the game) I feel like I could kill everything and get rewards for all with no negative consequence.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Are there any advantages or disadvantages for going human/vampire right now? (At least any that should be known at the beginning, maybe there are some that appear later in the game) I feel like I could kill everything and get rewards for all with no negative consequence.
It depends on your immediate environment. I made a hole on the side of a hill and it just so happened To be 20 blocks away from a zombie spawner. It can take a while to farm animals for the sake of progressing as a vampire. I don't know yet if there are abilities that differ between the races

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
aluminum doesn't drop but you can find it in chest in the center of meteors. Also I remember in blood and bones there was a conflict between java 7 and 8 that made some of the ore id's change. For example, ID A001 would spawn ore Y, in java 7 and spawn ore Z in java 8. Not sure what the resolution was but just in case, you may want to specify what java version for the pack.
For drops, I'm going by the item's name, such as minecraft_iron or something like that, so the IDs should not change based on Java version.
There are none as of right now. However, in the future, it will effect the results of the story.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I've hit a wall though in the inability to hunt for Ender pearls night is pitch black and i can't see anything but a black screen. So to get night vision i need to get to the nether but not having more than 5 minutes in the nether before going 0 sane, so I'm not sure what to do here. Haven't gone through the blood magic mod complete through yet... maybe that is what I'll have to do. The different parameters that one has to play within has been interesting. Later I will chart out a diary and some pics of my homestead. The concept is cool... the execution of the pack isn't cohesive tbough... I will try to reproduce the error log I get when I die or log into my world and I no longer have my buffs and my killing regenerating from the storyline making me try to re-accept a quest because the lore book doesn't retain its lore and get the crash.

Last edited:

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Other than sleeping.... what are ways to stop insanity or to add sanity? What does the red moon do? Is damage nerfed if you play on hard?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Other than sleeping.... what are ways to stop insanity or to add sanity? What does the red moon do? Is damage nerfed if you play on hard?
Holding or being around flowers will increase your Sanity, and I believe that there are several other ways I do not know about. The Blood Moon has increase monster spawn rates and the inability to sleep.
I've hit a wall though in the inability to hunt for Ender pearls night is pitch black and i can't see anything but a black screen. So to get night vision i need to get to the nether but not having more than 5 minutes in the nether before going 0 sane, so I'm not sure what to do here. Haven't gone through the blood magic mod complete through yet... maybe that is what I'll have to do. The different parameters that one has to play within has been interesting. Later I will chart out a diary and some pics of my homestead. The concept is cool... the execution of the pack isn't cohesive tbough... I will try to reproduce the error log I get when I die or log into my world and I no longer have my buffs and my killing regenerating from the storyline making me try to re-accept a quest because the lore book doesn't retain its lore and get the crash.
I believe this is fixed in v1.2. At least the regeneration part.
There is no aluminum drops.
Yeap. I'll add it.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Cool. I married into a psychiatrist so I follow along quite well with the narrative. I appreciate a deviation of the normal process (much like agrarian sky's did) as I spend more time planning than I do executing. But I have to admit I put a lot of weight in predictability though. So if I sound critical, it's mostly that things haven't been ironed out yet. I like how this is a theme pack with scaled back tech mods and magic mods. Ender io is the best utility mod but it maybe a little too difficult to use with this pack. Well see if blood magic makes the gears in this pack turn....