[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
So,I know that Dayblooms,Nightshades,and Hydroangeas short out when placed adjacent to eachother. Is the same true for Endoflames?

Traehgniw

Jul 11, 2016
OptiFine actually is compatible with AgriCraft-I use OptiFine on all my modpacks and have never had such an issue-the closest thing would be Mariculture tanks rendering through each other or drying racks rendering their ends through other drying racks when viewed from the west.

EDIT: Endoflames can be safely placed next to each other-automated setups like mine use that.

Last edited:

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
...My 11*11 Endoflame battery will be insane,in that case. Each one getting one block of coal,if my calculations are correct,will net me nearly one and a half million mana over the course of the 400 second burn time. This is going to be nucking futs.

K

KocLobster

This is the official Regrowth HQM modpack forum thread, correct? There isn't a thread for Regrowth over on Minecraft's official forums, at least not that I could find, right?

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
This is the official Regrowth HQM modpack forum thread, correct? There isn't a thread for Regrowth over on Minecraft's official forums, at least not that I could find, right?
Yessir, this is the place. There is also a discussion group on Discord referred to in the first post on this thread.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Quick question; Endoflames can grab items from five blocks out,yes? That's actually quite central to my above calculation of one and a half million mana; I need to know how far an Endoflame can reach.

Traehgniw

Jul 11, 2016
I think so? I've had Endoflames steal from my four-or-five-block-away alchemy catalyst, which is why I've been using a bunch of mana spreaders and distributors to make a long chain of mana pools to make sure the alchemy catalyst is out of range.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
So,if Endoflames can reach five blocks,then I'll have (11^2)-1 = 120 Endoflames in the battery; That "minus one" being the location of the pressure plate that controls the flow of coal blocks. Each Endoflame produces three mana per two ticks,of which there are twenty in a second,meaning the Endoflames produce 30 mana per second. Coal blocks burn for 400 seconds in an Endoflame. Let's crunch those beautiful numbers,eh?

30*400 = 12,000*120 = 1,440,000 mana.

The first result is the mana produced by a single Endoflame burning a single block of coal. The second result is from the entire battery burning 120 total blocks of coal; One per Endoflame. Let's compare that to the Entropinnyum.

From a single TNT blast,the Entropinnyum produces 6,500 mana,and it will only produce mana when it's empty.

How many Mana Spreaders do you think I'll need,using combo platter Potency/Velocity lenses,to handle all of this mana? I plan on directing the mana upwards,to a single Mana Pool/Distributor,whichever's more practical,by this point.

EDIT: Just did a test; The Endoflame can reach fuel that is three blocks away,meaning the battery will be 7*7 in size. New math!

30*400 = 12,000*48 = 576,000 mana.

Much more reasonable. Still pretty big. Big enough to render Entropinnyums obsolete,still. So. Mana Spreaders; How many do you think I'll need?

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
So, after a test, it seems as if the seeds will not cooperate at all with Agricraft. Refusing to be planted.
I think you'll need to enable that in the configs, or as a separate list: Though that's based off of experience with other modpacks that use potentially more up to date things. *Hasn't checked what versions everything is up to in forever*
I suspect that you'll either have to go into the Agricraft or Pam's config and change something to "true", or find a separate file that acts as a whitelist of sorts to add ID numbers or something to.

So,I know that Dayblooms,Nightshades,and Hydroangeas short out when placed adjacent to eachother. Is the same true for Endoflames?
I don't remember the adjacent issue affecting Hydro's, though it may have been added since I last checked. I think the thing that affects all three flowers is the wilting mechanic, which I think you can still turn off in the currently used version. You should be able to check, however, by placing two of them next to each other and using or hovering the wand over them.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
I don't remember the adjacent issue affecting Hydro's, though it may have been added since I last checked. I think the thing that affects all three flowers is the wilting mechanic, which I think you can still turn off in the currently used version. You should be able to check, however, by placing two of them next to each other and using or hovering the wand over them.
I'd much rather have the passive flowers wither and die; It provides impetus to move onto something much more practical,rather than stagnate and make monumental fields of Dayblooms,Nightshades,and Hydroangeas to keep up with mana demand... Especially if you want to keep an Alfheim portal online. Also,as an aside; Anyone know of a good way to tell an Open Crate to turn itself off when the Mana Pool fills up,with the crate hovering,quite literally,in the centre of a nine deep,7*7 shaft? I call it my "Mana Shaft",and I'll happily throw up screenshots later when I put in the redstone flow control circuit. I still need to figure out the killswitch,though.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I'd much rather have the passive flowers wither and die; It provides impetus to move onto something much more practical,rather than stagnate and make monumental fields of Dayblooms,Nightshades,and Hydroangeas to keep up with mana demand... Especially if you want to keep an Alfheim portal online. Also,as an aside; Anyone know of a good way to tell an Open Crate to turn itself off when the Mana Pool fills up,with the crate hovering,quite literally,in the centre of a nine deep,7*7 shaft? I call it my "Mana Shaft",and I'll happily throw up screenshots later when I put in the redstone flow control circuit. I still need to figure out the killswitch,though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/4c7w2j/botania_detect_full_mana_pool_without_vanilla/
How would these do?

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
I understand the basic principle; Slap down a Redstone Comparator by the Mana Pool,then ensure that you get sixteen blocks of wire space between the Open Crate,and your last repeater/source. The thing is,I'm a Redstone nublet,and I recognise that my "Mana Shaft" is an atypical configuration.

EDIT: I should point out that the killswitch on a full pool is largely optional; I plan on prioritising the automated harvesting of Coal Essence to convert into Blocks of Coal,maybe with an enslaved hob. With the production of fuel being entirely automated,I can afford to lose a few Blocks of Coal now and again to world despawn. If it's too much for me to implement,I simply won't. Though,it would be good practice.

Last edited:

DarkDyer

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, Minecraftians!

I have run into an interesting issue regarding my Quest Book. While fighting the Gaia Guardian I managed to get two Mysterious Maps that led to different locations. I traveled to both locations, and the quests showed complete in my Quest Book.

When I returned to my base, however, I could only accept the rewards for one of them. The other one is inaccessible, but still shows that I have an unclaimed quest reward.

Any advice?

Attachments

• Regrowth Bug 1.png
    Regrowth Bug 1.png
    335.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Regrowth Bug 2.png
    Regrowth Bug 2.png
    341.3 KB · Views: 58

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Here's the obvious; Did you try to claim the rewards for the treasure hunt quests on the spot,upon arrival at the dig site? That might be the issue. Otherwise,try a reboot. Beyond that... I have no idea,sorry.

DarkDyer

Jul 29, 2019
I think that might have been my problem. I didn't claim the rewards there, I waited until I got home.

I have since received other maps (#1 again and #3 for the first time). I think the big question here is if I can receive a duplicate map while the first one is still active.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I understand the basic principle; Slap down a Redstone Comparator by the Mana Pool,then ensure that you get sixteen blocks of wire space between the Open Crate,and your last repeater/source. The thing is,I'm a Redstone nublet,and I recognise that my "Mana Shaft" is an atypical configuration.

EDIT: I should point out that the killswitch on a full pool is largely optional; I plan on prioritising the automated harvesting of Coal Essence to convert into Blocks of Coal,maybe with an enslaved hob. With the production of fuel being entirely automated,I can afford to lose a few Blocks of Coal now and again to world despawn. If it's too much for me to implement,I simply won't. Though,it would be good practice.
Well, I mean you could very well go vanilla redstone and just stairs the signal up with occasional repeater ledges after a 15 piece long corridor. But I feel like I should point out both the structure pipe and gate method from Buildcraft, and the slightly more advanced bit from Automagy.
Botania itself has something called a Red String Comparator, which I suspect was conceived of specifically for this kind of thing (namely long distance redstone).

Back to vanilla redstoning, there's also this (again from Reddit):
Comparators have two modes: compare, and subtract. Either one could be used to do what you want, but you probably want to leave it in compare mode (which is the default). The strength of the redstone signal applied to the side must be weaker than the strength of the redstone signal at the inlet (the mana pool) or else the comparator doesn't emit any signal. So, if you put a lever 2 blocks away, supplying signal strength 14 to the side, the comparator will not emit any signal until the mana pool is pretty much full. Subtract mode will subtract the side signal from the main signal, so when the mana pool is full, you get a signal strength of 1 at the outlet. Not very useful.
Generally, for mana pools, I'd go for a signal strength of 13 at the side to turn off the thermalilies, which gives you a decent amount of storage while giving room for extra mana bursts.
Thermalilies are mentioned here because they stop using lava once they're full, which combined with the BC Floodgate (or whatever it's called) and a Magical Crop fire farm is a really easy way to generate infinite mana without having to worry about lag due to tons of entities clogging things. If you decide that Endoflames aren't swaggy enough, Thermalilies are a cool alternative.

You could also do a Kekimurus auto-farm. Or you could (if it's not in already) add Thaumic Tinkerer and make the overkill cake farm. This requires a bunch of stuff far into Thaumcraft, and you need to make VERY, VERY certain you can contain it, but once you have it running you'll probably need at least a dreamwood spreader per kekimurus to keep up. Plus, they also stop when full.
To wit, from FTB Gamepedia, the silliness;
When Thaumic Tinkerer is installed alongside Botania, a powerful, potentially dangerous, and unquestionably silly build nicknamed the "Aer Fire Cake Reactor" becomes available. The build is reliant upon the extremely unusual ability of Aer Imbued Fire to transform Water into Cake.

To construct an Aer Fire Cake Reactor, build a large open box four blocks high (two blocks high inside). The floor, walls, and roof must be made of a material commonly found in a desert, such as Sandstone. (Glass will work for the walls, but it has not been confirmed for the roof or floor.) Fill the inside of the box with Water, 1 block high. Place several Kekimurus below the block (Floating Kekimurus are recommended for this), along with a large number of Gaia Mana Spreaders (because this will produce Mana very, very fast; a 10x10 box can easily feed 12 Kekimurus, each with its own Spreader). Make sure the Mana Spreaders all have Mana Pools to fire at, one or more of which should have a Mana Void below. Break one block out of the roof, preferably in the middle, place a single non-desert block (such as Leaves) in the water, and ignite it with a phial of Aer Imbued Fire. Wait about 5 seconds, break the block, and re-seal the reactor. If you still hear fire sounds, the reactor has started. It will now begin to convert Water into Cake, which will be devoured by the Kekimurus below for Mana.

Dangers:

• If the reactor walls or roof have non-desert blocks in them, those blocks will catch fire, turn into desert blocks, and potentially spread the fire to other blocks outside the reactor. As most people do not want entire worlds turned into deserts, this would be very bad. Building the Reactor several blocks above ground (floating) would be a safe solution.
  • If the Kekimurus cannot transfer their Mana fast enough, Cake will start to accumulate in the reactor. If all Water source blocks are converted into Cake, the reactor will shut down and will need to be manually restarted with more Aer Imbued Fire.

There's also a flower that generates mana off being given one of every color of wool, one that eats leaves, one that eats Slime mobs, one that eats exp orbs, and even one (though this may not be in this pack atm) that plays The Game of Life to generate mana. It gets to the point that, while having a giant amount of one kind of flower is impressive, it'll probably be more entertaining to just try to automate as many different kinds as you can. ;)

Last edited:

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019

Thaumcraft also has something called Red Crystals fairly early on in Thaumcraft. They have the property of being able to traverse a vertical wall or being able to hang from a ceiling. There is also a wireless flavor that could be used to jump the gap from "side of well" to "Open Crate", which could come in kind of handy. Worth a bit of study.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Thaumcraft also has something called Red Crystals fairly early on in Thaumcraft. They have the property of being able to traverse a vertical wall or being able to hang from a ceiling. There is also a wireless flavor that could be used to jump the gap from "side of well" to "Open Crate", which could come in kind of handy. Worth a bit of study.
Redcrystal is actually added by Automagy, a Thaumcraft addon, but its in Regrowth so that's more of a technical point :)

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019

So here is an apparently little known comparator trick.

Have the redstone comparator from the manapool going directly into the side of another comparator. Behind that comparator have a chest and have its output go to an inverter (block with a RS torch on the side).

This gives you a circuit that compares how full the mana pool is vs. how full the chest is and outputs a signal if the mana pool is more full (percentage wise) than the chest.

So if you fill the chest to 80% full, then the circuit will output a signl only when the mana pool is 81% full or more.

This allows you to not need to worry about the distance to the crate or whatever you are shutting off, and allows you to have a adjustable "buffer" where the crate can be shut off slightly before the pool is full to prevent the loss of that last little bit of mana.

I usually use non-stackable items in the chest just to cut down on the number of items i have to drop in there.

Perhaps at some point I will fire up my old regrowth world and post pics of my mana generator. It uses a variant of this circuit to do even more inteligent mana monitoring (turn on when pool is less that 50%, turn off at 90%), automatically fills an array of about a dozen pools, and automatically teleports full pools to remote locations that need mana and brings the empty pools back to be filled.

Also Automagys redcrystal can do a lot more. In particular the dense crystal is very useful for complex redstone. Also, the remote comparator allows you to totally hide the circuit I described above, so all you see is the mana pool.

Edit - See the comparator thing was already posted by Trisscar above. (Sorta)

Last edited:
Reactions: Trisscar

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
...That Aer Cake Reactor terrifies me. Why would you ever need that kind of mana!? Getting half a million over 400 seconds is probably overkill,and that's my current setup! And one slip,and BOOM! Uncontrollable xenoforming,welcome to the Tiberium universe! Seriously,I understand that people will always seek to push the envelope,and take things into absurdity,but... That's terrifying.

Back to my Mana Shaft (It's quite compact! 9*9 footprint on the surface!),I'm sticking to the Endoflames because of how simple they are,and the kind of output you can get with them with little effort (Once again; half a million mana. I've crunched the numbers.) and if I mess up,the consequences aren't world-shattering. I'm playing singleplayer,so lag isn't precisely an issue,because my flow control circuit (when I implement it) will ensure that very few loose items will be in-world,and with (7^2)-1 = 48 Endoflames operating simultaneously,that shouldn't produce much more lag than large-scale agricultural efforts.

My current tech level is... Pretty sad,actually. I don't have access to Redstone; I don't even have a Strong Infusion Stone. Until (very) recently,I got my gold by going into the Nether,and hunting Pigmen,because I've shifted my focus to the more mundane seeds,for the sake of Mystic Flowers,Magical Food,and Witchery plants. I'm simply trying to think ahead. So,from what I'm seeing from you guys,good alternatives for the killswitch are...

-Automagy Redcrystal; Has wired and wireless variants,and can be attached to any surface.
-Botania Red Stringed Comparator; Like a regular comparator,but operating in a straight line across space. I think?

I'm inclined to jump for the Redcrystal; It seems to be precisely what I need for simplifying the Redstone component. Until then,however,I'll need to find a way to majigger a way for the usual Comparator (Red Stringed or not) sensor to travel straight down to my Open Crate. I'll be posting screenshots shortly of what I got,so far,so you all can see what I'm working with.

EDIT: Here's a shot of the Mana Shaft's operative components,from the top,capped with Managlass. The missing components are the Redstone elements,and the barrel,equipped with a B-Space Upgrade,a Void Upgrade,and a Hopper Upgrade. Said barrel is nearby,ready to go. The particulars of the setup are simple; The barrel hoppers coal blocks into the Open Crate,which then dumps them down onto the pressure plate. When the Redstone is implemented,this plate will turn off the Open Crate,serving as the flow control circuit. The Endoflames (48 total) will then grab and burn the coal blocks; If all of the Endoflames are burning fuel,the pressure plate will remain depressed,keeping more from being dropped. The Endoflames send their mana to four nearby Mana Spreaders (Potency/Velocity hybrid lenses pending),which are pointed to Diluted Mana Pools. Above these Diluted Mana Pools are yet more Mana Spreaders,which point to a single Diluted Mana Pool. Finally,a Mana Spreader points up from that to a Mana Distributor,which is connected to four Mana Pools.

QaqrVw9.png

Last edited: