[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

K

KocLobster

This question isn't specific to this modpack (I don' think), so I apologize if I shouldn't be posting it here. Resourcepacks really only work for vanilla MC, right? How could it possibly work on a modpack that has all sorts of non-vanilla textures and items, correct? Unless it's a resourcepack specifically developed for a certain modpack?

So...I can't use a resourcepack on this modpack?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Resource Packs are usually fine, and many are availble that encompass modded items/blocks as well as vanilla ones. The thing is, anything not covered by one uses its default texture, and thus could stick out more or less depending on the resource pack. (This is one reason Faithful is my favourite one, as anything not covered doesn't stick out too much.)

K

KocLobster

Resource Packs are usually fine, and many are availble that encompass modded items/blocks as well as vanilla ones. The thing is, anything not covered by one uses its default texture, and thus could stick out more or less depending on the resource pack. (This is one reason Faithful is my favourite one, as anything not covered doesn't stick out too much.)

Thanks for your help! This definitely explains things. Considering all the non-vanilla textures used in regrowth like the cracked sand, dead wood, etc. I would imagine any resourcepack would just make things weird.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
So... The reset timers on Cuprous Conduction,Stannic Sentimentality,Carbon Connection,and Ferric Fidelity keep looping back to the 48 hour reset time after they tick down; I cannot complete these quests again,effectively locking me out of the entire rest of the modpack. I am currently sitting on the materials I need to hand these quests in,all at once.

K

KocLobster

So... The reset timers on Cuprous Conduction,Stannic Sentimentality,Carbon Connection,and Ferric Fidelity keep looping back to the 48 hour reset time after they tick down; I cannot complete these quests again,effectively locking me out of the entire rest of the modpack. I am currently sitting on the materials I need to hand these quests in,all at once.

Most modpacks allow you to use /hqm edit to 'cheat' through any quests. You can use this to get around this issue, I believe it's enabled in this modpack too.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Okay,I jumped the gun. Quickly returning to the main menu and loading the world up again fixed it.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your help! This definitely explains things. Considering all the non-vanilla textures used in regrowth like the cracked sand, dead wood, etc. I would imagine any resourcepack would just make things weird.
I use a resource pack called Soartex Fanver which has a number of the textures for regrowth (including cracked sand and dead wood) covered. As a bonus, it has some real cool ones for the Botania runes.

K

KocLobster

I use a resource pack called Soartex Fanver which has a number of the textures for regrowth (including cracked sand and dead wood) covered. As a bonus, it has some real cool ones for the Botania runes.
Which pack are you referring to, the 'modded universal' pack for 1.7.10? Because there isn't a resource pack specifically made for Regrowth listed on the Soartex website.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Which pack are you referring to, the 'modded universal' pack for 1.7.10? Because there isn't a resource pack specifically made for Regrowth listed on the Soartex website.
Yes, that's the one I use. It has several textures made by a You-Tuber named Landstryder that cover many of the textures used in Regrowth. I used to combine that pack with a file that he released on his play through series of Regrowth, but then I found that most of his textures had been added to the universal pack.

Reactions: KocLobster

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
So,I've noticed that the chapter,The Way the World Feels,became unlocked for me,but is blank. Any quests or non-quest requirements I need to do in particular to get my in? Because I really want my Thaumium; I need it for my crossbow (The chassis,to be specific),and I also need Enchanted Fabric,for the thing's string.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Progress Witchery (Chapter 10) to the point of making Treefyd seeds. That should get your Archanist reputation high enough and unlock making Greatwood saplings in Chapter 11. Also check Chapter 4, there should be a quest there to make the Thauminomicon.

EcosVeros

Jul 29, 2019
I've sort of modified Regrowth and added some other particular mods (to be specific, Pam's HarvestCraft) to change up some things, and I have no clue how to configure it so that the Pam's seeds will spawn (even if in a reduced amount for the original mod drops). Can anyone out there give me a hand?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I've sort of modified Regrowth and added some other particular mods (to be specific, Pam's HarvestCraft) to change up some things, and I have no clue how to configure it so that the Pam's seeds will spawn (even if in a reduced amount for the original mod drops). Can anyone out there give me a hand?
If this is the case Agricraft should add mutation recipes for the pam's seeds. Don't think you need to add any to grass drops/direct spawns.

EcosVeros

Jul 29, 2019
If this is the case Agricraft should add mutation recipes for the pam's seeds. Don't think you need to add any to grass drops/direct spawns.
If my glance over of the console is true, then Regrowth disabled seed drops for Pam's entirely. The seeds also have no mutation recipes either.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
If my glance over of the console is true, then Regrowth disabled seed drops for Pam's entirely. The seeds also have no mutation recipes either.
Does the version you added still contain the Market? You should be able to buy the seeds that way. Alternately you could spawn in one of each garden (for whatever voiding cost you deem appropriate) and let them spread to get different types, though you'd still need the market or to spawn in the various tree based fruits and nuts.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
I've found a version of Somnia for Minecraft 1.7.10. For those who do not know,it simulates the game world as you sleep,instead of simply firing off the time command under the hood,allowing things that take time to operate to progress while you sleep in a realistic manner. For those of you who know,would this let AgriCraft's crop crossbreeding/spreading work during said simulation? By my best estimate,it works by calculating how many ticks are left in the night,then simulating those ticks for everything that's loaded. Including (de)spawns.

EDIT: Whelp,nevermind. I can't download the mod,because the hosting service the author used can't be reached.

EDIT Mk II: Aaand that shows me to jump the gun; I've found an alternative download.

EDIT Mk III: One test later,and it seems that Somnia does not effect AgriCraft crops; As in,their growth and spread will not be simulated while sleeping. Damn.

Last edited:

EcosVeros

Jul 29, 2019
Does the version you added still contain the Market? You should be able to buy the seeds that way. Alternately you could spawn in one of each garden (for whatever voiding cost you deem appropriate) and let them spread to get different types, though you'd still need the market or to spawn in the various tree based fruits and nuts.
I'm probably just going to spawn only one of each seed and fruit type, and then work my way up from there. The market is not a thing for some reason.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
So,for the cutlass,I know that the guard factors into the weapon's final durability,unlike other swords; Does it use the handle multiplier,or the material flat value?

EcosVeros

Jul 29, 2019
So,for the cutlass,I know that the guard factors into the weapon's final durability,unlike other swords; Does it use the handle multiplier,or the material flat value?
It uses the material's flat value. Making the guard out of slime or another resource that has a high tool multiplier won't do anything.

EcosVeros

Jul 29, 2019
I'm probably just going to spawn only one of each seed and fruit type, and then work my way up from there. The market is not a thing for some reason.
So, after a test, it seems as if the seeds will not cooperate at all with Agricraft. Refusing to be planted.