[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

S

Skye Silverwing

Is it full of the required gas? (Assuming this is the Mariculture questline.)
No, it is not the Mariculture Questline. It is the Mekanism quest wherein you need to make the Electrolytic separator, pressurized tubes, and a basic gas tank. I made two of the gas tanks, as one is needed to craft the separator, but it is not recognizing it.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
No, it is not the Mariculture Questline. It is the Mekanism quest wherein you need to make the Electrolytic separator, pressurized tubes, and a basic gas tank. I made two of the gas tanks, as one is needed to craft the separator, but it is not recognizing it.
Hum. Well HQM, so checklist first I think.
-Is there another way to craft it (like a different configuration, or another recipe entirely), or materials that could be swapped out, like oak planks versus modded wood planks, or regular glass versus tinker's glass, or something? (We'll probably figure this out once it shows up as a recipe, but this is good for thought placement for now.)
-Are you sure you only need to make two tanks? HQM doesn't show how many times you need to craft a thing (times to craft, not amount of stuff made) until you mouse over it.
-Did you craft it in a vanilla crafting table, a tinker's bench, a thaumcraft crafting table, AE2 crafting terminal, etc.?

Now, you also said the recipe isn't registering in NEI when you attempt to look it up. May I ask what the crafting steps for this tank are? Just to make sure it's something the in-use version of NEI even has the code to show.

S

Skye Silverwing

Hum. Well HQM, so checklist first I think.
-Is there another way to craft it (like a different configuration, or another recipe entirely), or materials that could be swapped out, like oak planks versus modded wood planks, or regular glass versus tinker's glass, or something? (We'll probably figure this out once it shows up as a recipe, but this is good for thought placement for now.)
-Are you sure you only need to make two tanks? HQM doesn't show how many times you need to craft a thing (times to craft, not amount of stuff made) until you mouse over it.
-Did you craft it in a vanilla crafting table, a tinker's bench, a thaumcraft crafting table, AE2 crafting terminal, etc.?

Now, you also said the recipe isn't registering in NEI when you attempt to look it up. May I ask what the crafting steps for this tank are? Just to make sure it's something the in-use version of NEI even has the code to show.

The recipe has only one variant (iron dust from Mekanism or AE2). Other than that it is six steel plates and two osmium plates. I am crafting it in the same TC Crafting Table I have been using to make everything else. According to the Quest book, I only need to craft one gas tank, but I figured on needing one to store gas in, so I made a second one.
When I said it was not registering in NEI, I mean specifically the function that allows for checking a recipe directly from the quest book. If I look it up in NEI itself, or even press R while hovering over the two full gas tanks I will get as a reward in the quest book, it gives me the recipe. It is just not the case for the required craft to complete the quest. This is why I think that something in the quest itself is broken.

Mailleweaver

Jul 29, 2019
I'm finally making a great deal of progress in my attempt at Hardcore Regrowth. I'm not on the Witchery quests where I select an infusion. Any pros or cons for these? I've never really done witchery beyond some basic stuff.
The only one I really find useful is Spirit of Otherwhere. I use it for moving mobs around and for showing other players specific spots. I suppose the Infernal Infusion could be useful in some situations through being able to gain various mob powers, but I figure I'd probably never bother using it.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe has only one variant (iron dust from Mekanism or AE2). Other than that it is six steel plates and two osmium plates. I am crafting it in the same TC Crafting Table I have been using to make everything else. According to the Quest book, I only need to craft one gas tank, but I figured on needing one to store gas in, so I made a second one.
When I said it was not registering in NEI, I mean specifically the function that allows for checking a recipe directly from the quest book. If I look it up in NEI itself, or even press R while hovering over the two full gas tanks I will get as a reward in the quest book, it gives me the recipe. It is just not the case for the required craft to complete the quest. This is why I think that something in the quest itself is broken.
....HUH. That is indeed odd. For the sake of getting you past the quest, "/hqm edit" will give you an OP quest book that'll let you force complete it.
But as to why it's doing that.... I have no idea. Anyone else able to confirm this quest acting weirdly on their end?

K

KocLobster

I have a problem that I haven't been able to figure out a solution to. I'm not even really sure what information to provide to describe it, other than showing some pictures and referring to it as a consistent glitch.

I attached some pictures of the glitch. I end up seeing through the ground pretty often, in glitches that resemble cheats and x-ray vision. As far as I can tell, there is no obvious cause for this to happen. When placing torches, it happens even more often...so it may have something to do with lighting? But there isn't enough concrete evidence to say one way or the other. It isn't just terrain blocks that get seen thru, as you can see in one of the pictures...my crop sticks are invisible too. It seems isolated to this modpack, it doesn't happen on vanilla or other modpacks.

I don't experience any crashes so I have no logs to provide...so if there is any other information I can provide that'd be helpful, let me know.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 2017-03-28_14.14.14.png
    2017-03-28_14.14.14.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • 2017-03-28_14.14.38.png
    2017-03-28_14.14.38.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
  • 2017-03-28_14.14.49.png
    2017-03-28_14.14.49.png
    738.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 2017-03-28_14.14.59.png
    2017-03-28_14.14.59.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
  • 2017-03-28_14.20.33.png
    2017-03-28_14.20.33.png
    885.6 KB · Views: 59

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
@KocLobster Hum. That looks like things aren't loading properly. May I inquire as to your system specs, such as OS, total RAM, assigned RAM, are you running Fastcraft, etc.?

K

KocLobster

I turned dynamic chunk loading from 'multi-core' to 'normal', and that seemed to maybe have temporarily solved the problem. Today, I can't seem to reproduce the problem on demand, even when playing around w/ these graphical settings.

When I played MC last year or so ago, I recall having a similar issue (although at that time, it was not exclusive to one modpack, and this time it seems to be). Changing graphical settings temporarily fixed the problem then, but only for a few seconds at a time. I don't know what this means or what the likely culprit is. Maybe it's something wrong with my video card, drivers, or something else within my system?

Is it worth mentioning that changing natural textures or connected textures will restore the visibility of the crop sticks for about 3 seconds, before they disappear again? Changing one of those settings in any way does this, but only for a moment. I have no idea what this could mean, but it's very similar to what I experienced a year or two ago.

I'm running Windows 10, have 16GB of RAM, the default of which is dedicated to MC (4GB?), I am running fastcraft 1.24 & optifine 1.7.10 HD U D7, and I've got a gtx 980.

Are there any diagnostics I can give you to identify the problem easier? This just seems like it is too complicated and could be a million different things, I'm not sure how we could ever identify and fix the issue.

Here's what it looks like today...notice how it seems totally normal except for continuing not to display cropsticks:

Attachments

• 2017-03-29_09.09.36.png
    2017-03-29_09.09.36.png
    316.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
K

KocLobster

From OptiFine's website:

Why are some world chunks flickering with OptiFine?
Most probably you have enabled "Chunk Loading: Multi-Core", but the graphics card driver does not support it properly. To fix it go to the graphics card control panel and set "Threaded Optimization" or "OpenGL Threading" to OFF (example). For best results disable it globally, not only for java.exe or minecraft.exe.

Looks like that was indeed the problem. Still doesn't explain why my crop sticks are invisible though?

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
OptiFine

Looks like that was indeed the problem. Still doesn't explain why my crop sticks are invisible though?
Because agricraft crop sticks use vanilla rendering methods, as do most mods, and Optifine overwrites vanilla rendering methods and doesn't supply alternate rendering methods to mods, it just has hard coded methods for vanilla things like water and dirt etc. Furthermore, Optifine is closed source, which means putting support for it in your mod is all but impossible. Which means if you use Optifine, the only "modpack" you can use with it is Vanilla. This is the reason many mod authors, like the ones who develop Tinkers Construct and the ones developing Agricraft refuse to provide support to bugs and similar issues as long as you have Optifine installed.

So OptiFine is your problem.

Reactions: KocLobster
K

KocLobster

Thanks for the explanation, this would definitely explain things. That's a shame, I've found Optifine to be great with all the different graphics settings it allows you to set. I imagine my FPS will drop without it too.

Can I use any shaders for this modpack? I haven't really ever used shaders before, and maybe I should get some with Optifine being turned off. Seems pretty stupid on Optifine's part?

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
For the FPS issues, you can try FastCraftand/or BetterFPS. It really helps prevent lag spikes, as well as drastically improves TPS and RAM savings, both of which help with FPS. BetterFPS improves trigonometry calculations, which improves render times without changing how rendering is done, as well as some misc improvements, and is also open source.

If you want FPS improvements in 1.8-1.11, you can try Surge and/or BetterFPS - they don't override rendering. Surge allows you to selectively disable animations, and is open source. And BetterFPS continues to exist for the new versions.

As for shaders, as far as I know, the only way is to get the 1.7 version of this mod. And for 1.8+, try the 1.8 version, it should still be compatible with 1.9 and above; but by default, for higher versions it got incorporated into Optifine, which is frustrating to no end for players of mod-packs who use shaders. And I don't even know anything about shader use beyond the existence of that mod because I don't use them; I've heard they cause a lot of FPS lag.

Reactions: KocLobster
K

KocLobster

Thanks again for the help. What I don't understand is how I played all night yesterday with no issues. The world wasn't glitching, and crop sticks were 100% fine for hours...and I hadn't actually changed any settings. I had earlier, but I put them back to Multi-Core, and I left Optifine installed.

Why was everything working correctly all of the sudden?

Edit:

So I tried uninstalling Optifine (even though, as I mentioned above, everything magically started working correctly). Dead wood started looking funny, and planks were invisible in inventory. Slate also looked strange. What in the world is going on? Here were the results:

Attachments

• 2017-03-30_22.36.42.png
    2017-03-30_22.36.42.png
    315.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 2017-03-30_22.37.04.png
    2017-03-30_22.37.04.png
    519.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 2017-03-30_22.37.33.png
    2017-03-30_22.37.33.png
    309.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
A

Abagauyh

i cant make a crafting table i did the Hachet + dead wood and it dosent work?

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
I want metal tools,ASAP. For that,I need a TCon Smeltery. This,I know. What I do not know are the quest prerequisites to get there; So,starting from the top,what quests do I need to do,in what order,in order to get (and complete) the quest to get a TCon Smeltery set up and ready to work?

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
You will need Chapter 1, both the flint tools and enough of the Botania line to produce mana, Chapter 2 for the seeds to produce the raw metals, and Chapter 5, the Mariculture vat and crucible. The beginning of Regrowth is a grind and there is no easy way to short cut it. For me, that is one of the appeals of the pack. The primary theme of the pack is scarcity, grind, scarcity, BOOM, overabundance.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Yeah,going from "I have none of this!" to "Post-scarcity utopia" in no time flat is one crazy switch. It takes some getting used to.