[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

H

Harstdeath

For tech tree quests there is also thé metal seeds, or ingots that could unlock thing.
After the blacksmith's hammer it could be titanium or sheets of titanium maybe. Something like that...

nailfor

Jul 29, 2019
So? what good armor can we find on this pack?
1. for start the game very good armor from wichery. Damn, she's good in the middle of the game. Although, if we move in the direction wichery, armor generally becomes unnecessary.
2. good enough armor of Botany, but always requires mana, if this is no problem, then it is not hard to do
3. One of the simplest and strongest armor - is blood magic bound armor, although it misses some physical damage
4. The best armor in this package - the primary armor from addon thaumcraft witching gadgets (just do not put it on the spikes). She do not miss the physical damage.

Gaia can be killed without any armor. You do not even need a potion.
I used the sword of the Tinker (+50 attack damage), globetrotter sash for speed, all 4 enchanted rings on rune armor (+20 shields), from mariculture: purple ring, red necklace and green bracelet

Oh yes ..
my crossbow has 19,5 hearts damage, 0.25s draw speed and 7.02 arrow speed. With about 300 manyullins bolts...

I'm going to set up a second forestry multifarm ...
2. Use golems

Just remembered one last thing : is it a way to have princess bee with the same eather tolerance than their queen mother? Trying to have silk in wasteland/ocean biome with a tropical princess. But each time my queen died i have to reacclimate the princess with snowballs.
Yes, you can. It is necessary to bring pure breed bees, without deviations alleles

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
so i downloaded the pack yesterday and played it with my friend on a lan server, everything worked fine, until today (27.02) now my game crashes when i open my quest book, and it doesnt even open. i just right click the book and game crashes, can i have any help? because the pack is really cool :)
OpenEye report : http://openeye.openmods.info/crashes/fc22be7e8ec639d3fef1a7c543dd23c7
Delete your quest data from the world file. If that doesn't work try reinstall the pack, something may have corrupted.

G

Genisay

I just started playing a few days ago, and really enjoying it so far, but I seem to be having issues with the quest Brick by Less Boring Brick

It seems that this quest wants you to make a chisel from the Chisel 2 mod pack. I was only able to obtain one through creative mode however, as Chisel 2 requires you to use either iron or diamond to make one of their chisels, and no other materials will work for that specific mod pack.
It seems however that even trying to make a chisel from stone or flint using either the crafting table, or the parts builder GUI does not activate completion of the quest, and the resulting chisel is unusable for anything, acting like food if right clicked and doing nothing in the crafting table.

This quest appears to be unfinishable as is.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The recipe should be tweaked to need on flint diagonally up-right from a stick. Tinker's adds it's own chisels which are crafted with (or right clicked on) certain blocks to change their pattern.

I

Ios Saiken

Just started playing this pack not too long ago and I cant seem to craft the Seed Analyzer to complete a quest. It shows that multiple resources can be used but when I try building it nothing is shown in the crafted area.

I

Ios Saiken

Just started playing this pack not too long ago and I cant seem to craft the Seed Analyzer to complete a quest. It shows that multiple resources can be used but when I try building it nothing is shown in the crafted area.

No need to reply. I found out by watching some of the LP's that is a stone-based slab in the center and wood-based resources for the others.

G

Genisay

The recipe should be tweaked to need on flint diagonally up-right from a stick. Tinker's adds it's own chisels which are crafted with (or right clicked on) certain blocks to change their pattern.

Gah! Finally!
Thank you! It was so simple, but yet I spent hours last night trying to figure out how to make it work. xp
Since you had to build all of that tool crafting gear, I kept thinking I had to use that to make the chisel head first. I had no idea you could just make the chisel with a piece of flint and a wood stick.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
One thing about this mod pack, there are usually multiple ways to do something. And sometimes they are the "wrong" way lol. NEI is your friend, if something isn't triggering a quest try doing a generic search or match up the picture from the quest with the NEI picture (most of the pictures in the quest book will hint at what version he is wanting).

G

Genisay

Are you making sure you use all of the /same/ material though?
Example: You can use any type of wood slab where slabs are needed, but you can not use two different types of slab together. If you use oak for one, the other must also be oak.
I hope this helps. I had this same problem and it took a bit of messing around to figure out what I was doing wrong.

G

Genisay

One thing about this mod pack, there are usually multiple ways to do something. And sometimes they are the "wrong" way lol. NEI is your friend, if something isn't triggering a quest try doing a generic search or match up the picture from the quest with the NEI picture (most of the pictures in the quest book will hint at what version he is wanting).

Right, normally I would have used NEI, as I've played mods with it before in the past, but I was having issues with NEI in this mod pack, and had to do some hunting on that as well to figure out how to solve the issue. NEI kept wanting to give me stacks of items rather then show the recipes, and even switching the mode toggle from 'Cheat' to 'Recipe' then restarting the game didn't fix it. Eventually I learned I could circumvent the issue by using 'R' over an item. That is a bit new since the last version of NEI I had last played with.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Right, normally I would have used NEI, as I've played mods with it before in the past, but I was having issues with NEI in this mod pack, and had to do some hunting on that as well to figure out how to solve the issue. NEI kept wanting to give me stacks of items rather then show the recipes, and even switching the mode toggle from 'Cheat' to 'Recipe' then restarting the game didn't fix it. Eventually I learned I could circumvent the issue by using 'R' over an item. That is a bit new since the last version of NEI I had last played with.
Ahh, yeah this is a silly thing that's easy to fix. When you change it from Cheat mode to Recipe mode, toggle the "affect globally (or something like that) button next to it a few times, or it won't take.

S

Skye Silverwing

Okay, so against my own preference, I am delving into the Mekanism part of the Modpack. It is a whole lot of making a whole lot of stuff from a whole lot of stuff that needs stuff made from other stuff. Really tedious. I am really bad at automation, so I don't enjoy it. Anyway, I got to the quest called "Getting Gassy" and made all of the required bits, but for some reason, the quest book is not recognizing my Basic Gas Tank. In fact, when I try to check the recipe for the Basic Gas Tank from the book, it does not bring it up in NEI. This feels like a glitch to me, or something broken. Anyone have any ideas?

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I'm finally making a great deal of progress in my attempt at Hardcore Regrowth. I'm not on the Witchery quests where I select an infusion. Any pros or cons for these? I've never really done witchery beyond some basic stuff.

N

No U-Turn

Hello Everybody, i read back a couple of pages in this thread. It is a bit long for reading it entirely. So i was wondering if there is word allready if this modpack will get updated? Anybody here knows?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so against my own preference, I am delving into the Mekanism part of the Modpack. It is a whole lot of making a whole lot of stuff from a whole lot of stuff that needs stuff made from other stuff. Really tedious. I am really bad at automation, so I don't enjoy it. Anyway, I got to the quest called "Getting Gassy" and made all of the required bits, but for some reason, the quest book is not recognizing my Basic Gas Tank. In fact, when I try to check the recipe for the Basic Gas Tank from the book, it does not bring it up in NEI. This feels like a glitch to me, or something broken. Anyone have any ideas?
Is it full of the required gas? (Assuming this is the Mariculture questline.)

I'm finally making a great deal of progress in my attempt at Hardcore Regrowth. I'm not on the Witchery quests where I select an infusion. Any pros or cons for these? I've never really done witchery beyond some basic stuff.
https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/infusion
Go down to "Infusing a Player". Then click on each infusion to see everything it does.

Hello Everybody, i read back a couple of pages in this thread. It is a bit long for reading it entirely. So i was wondering if there is word already if this modpack will get updated? Anybody here knows?
Odds are no. Though I'm not the final arbiter on that by any means. ;)