[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

kalmondo

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just wanted to pop in and say that that config change has reduced my lag IMMENSELY! Thank you very much for suggesting it, the game was getting to the point where it was almost unplayable. I do still see filtering errors on occasion though, but the lag is gone for the most part. Other than my standard hardware lag. I really need to invest in increasing the Ram and CPU power of this box. Sigh. Thanks again for the help!

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
It eventually gets upstaged by the Sigil of elemental affinity(or whatever its called). The sigil doesn't take up a baubles slot; gives immunity to all fall damage, fire damage(including lava), and drowning damage. Its upkeep isn't much either. I've been using it constantly for awhile and it barely scratches my LP networks reserves.

The ring also takes a combo to get fully going. Without the helmet from mariculture it isn't as useful. Though that does only take wood, glass, and sugar cane. The helmet itself is actually all I needed for awhile. Gives just enough time to do whats needed and surface again.

Lot of stuff is op, if you really want to get into it. I have near immunity to damage and haven't really worked all that hard at it. Bosses are the only issue. And not much of one. I was in a temple room full of boneblocks and spawners. By time i accidently left by world seed I had two spawners and half the bone blocks were gone. I was mobbed by everything and they never damaged me enough to be a threat. I've taken to playing every pack on hard difficulty as I have yet to see the difference from normal and am hoping for a little bit of challenge.

I thought in minecraft I was supposed to be afraid of the dark(i like varied's trailers. they are some great stuff). Now it is just the random fire that scares me, and pigmen. those guys are the tough. Haven't faced them in this pack. I remember plenty of deaths to them before though.

So I don't think i made this clear but I don't feel it is a overpowered item in and of itself i was more saying that for this packs progression it is way way to powerful for only
1 rune of mana = 1 mana parl 5 mana steel, +band of aura = 1 rune of mana 4 mana steel, mana battery = mana pearl 8 livingrock+ ring of chordata= 1 pufferfish. 4 manasteel... in total 9 living rock 2 mana pearls 13 mana steel
that is for the basic combo that gives you near infinite underwater time along with increased functionality. Compare that to the scuba suit that requires you to be in titanium and a air compressor it is just way to powerful for as early as you can get it. As it stands i have no reason to spend the materials on a scuba suit except for the quest

As to your point about the sigil from blood magic again that takes blood magic witch is in and of itself locked behind early thaumcraft and medium witchery.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
As it stands i have no reason to spend the materials on a scuba suit except for the quest
Yep, pretty much the same here. Never actually used the scuba suit. the early game mariculture helm is good until the ring. The great combod with that. Don't really need anything else till much later. and then only to free up slots.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I thought in minecraft I was supposed to be afraid of the dark(i like varied's trailers. they are some great stuff). Now it is just the random fire that scares me, and pigmen. those guys are the tough. Haven't faced them in this pack. I remember plenty of deaths to them before though.

Pimp yourself out a Tinkers crossbow and pigmen aren't so bad, either. Mine can take out a pigman in 1 shot (sometimes 2) and reloads in less than 1 second. Not quite the man-portable MA Deuce, but close enough! <grin>

Reactions: DeathOfTime

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
Pimp yourself out a Tinkers crossbow and pigmen aren't so bad, either. Mine can take out a pigman in 1 shot (sometimes 2) and reloads in less than 1 second. Not quite the man-portable MA Deuce, but close enough! <grin>

I don't think I've ever witnessed a dragon shooting a crossbow. It must be quite the sight.

Reactions: An0nymuS
X

xXFreshDx

Hi I don't use forums often so please correct me if i do something wrong
I have a problem with my world it won't show up in the worlds list. Yesterday i played like 6 hours and made so much progress but now i can't find it any more, but it is still in the saves folder.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I don't use forums often so please correct me if i do something wrong
I have a problem with my world it won't show up in the worlds list. Yesterday i played like 6 hours and made so much progress but now i can't find it any more, but it is still in the saves folder.

Make sure the folder your modpack is installed in has read/write permissions. I had this problem once, multiplayer worked fine but my single player worlds would never show up in the saved games list to open them again. It turned out the folder I had the pack saved in did not have admin access.

C

chloflo

I'm trying to make progress on the bees quests but when I try to make enzymes in the incubator it says there's no valid recipe. The quest book and every guide/video/anything I've tried to find says I'm doing it the right way (bacteria + sugar) but it won't work. Is something different in this pack and it's not telling me or is it bugged or am I an idiot?

X

xXFreshDx2.0

Make sure the folder your modpack is installed in has read/write permissions. I had this problem once, multiplayer worked fine but my single player worlds would never show up in the saved games list to open them again. It turned out the folder I had the pack saved in did not have admin access.

Sry I had to make another account because i can't log in with google anymore
The world folder has all the permissions it can has but it still doesn't work

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything special that needs done to set up a server or does anyone have any tips what this issue is? I've done what I typically do when setting up a modpack server (download via launcher, run once to create config files, copy everything to my server machine & copy to a minecraft profile so we can launch from the vanilla launcher, remove any client-only mods from the server, add Admin Commands Toolbox to the server, launch everything up). While I'm able to connect, the server is acting like there are differences in config files between the client and server - I noticed when trying to make wood from the ... dead wood? (I'm at work now so I can't remember the item names), where the crafting table would show a valid recipe but when I tried to pick up the completed item it would vanish. I even tried to copy config files from the server instance back over to the client & relaunched but the same issues kept happening.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything special that needs done to set up a server or does anyone have any tips what this issue is? I've done what I typically do when setting up a modpack server (download via launcher, run once to create config files, copy everything to my server machine & copy to a minecraft profile so we can launch from the vanilla launcher, remove any client-only mods from the server, add Admin Commands Toolbox to the server, launch everything up). While I'm able to connect, the server is acting like there are differences in config files between the client and server - I noticed when trying to make wood from the ... dead wood? (I'm at work now so I can't remember the item names), where the crafting table would show a valid recipe but when I tried to pick up the completed item it would vanish. I even tried to copy config files from the server instance back over to the client & relaunched but the same issues kept happening.
I believe there is a "download server" link in FTB Launcher....

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
I believe there is a "download server" link in FTB Launcher....

Actually I think I found the problem my way: I removed 'Resource Loader' due to it giving a client-only error during boot, despite it not being a client-only mod. Although I've also found how to get the FTB Launcher instead of the Curse Launcher, so I've got 2 things to work on when I get off work :cool:

Edit: ... or perhaps Resource Loader actually is client-only. BAH!

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to make progress on the bees quests but when I try to make enzymes in the incubator it says there's no valid recipe. The quest book and every guide/video/anything I've tried to find says I'm doing it the right way (bacteria + sugar) but it won't work. Is something different in this pack and it's not telling me or is it bugged or am I an idiot?
It isn't bugged. I can't remember the issue. My little brother couldn't get the quest done. Turns out it is a multi-step process, that takes three of those machines. With the liquid from one pumped into the other(probably other ways of doing, of course). The last stage(3rd machine) gives the item the quest is asking for.

Edit:
forgot. that might have been previous version. We were doing pretty good on quests before the update.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
I got two Overgrowth Seeds from somewhere, a long time ago. Were they quest rewards or dungeon loot?

I haven't been all the way through the quest book yet, but I haven't seen any Overgrowth Seeds in the early-mid game rewards. @profrags is thinking of the Pasture Seed, which is a little different. The Overgrowth Seed is found in the dungeon loot tables and is blacklisted from the Loonium drops so you likely found it while exploring.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Right, got a chicken and the egg situation here.

Taint.

In order to make taint, I need to find an object with naturally occurring taint. I can't find this item. Is it a liquid that needs to go into the boiler like ag skies 2? Is it something I missed somewhere?

Without an item with taint, I can't make the tainted brew needed to taint a node, to cause a tainted biome, to be able to make the crusted taint required to go under the taint seeds (needs: Crusted taint below), for the quest. If not for that "needs" then the seeds themselves would be the perfect starting taint source.

Are there naturally occurring tainted nodes and biomes I am to look for, or would finding one of those be a bug like finding the magical woods?
Not for sure it needs the crusted taint. I think that is NEI being derpy. it does that a fair bit. I've seen it growing just fine without the stuff. The wispy cotton is need for the worm wood seed on the other hand.

It needs the that purple nether soil stuff to grow on and is a cross of the other two thaumcraft seeds(cinderpearl and shimmerleaf) from the hominominomicon(i can't spell it.). My little brother didn't have any issues getting it bred up.

C

chloflo

It isn't bugged. I can't remember the issue. My little brother couldn't get the quest done. Turns out it is a multi-step process, that takes three of those machines. With the liquid from one pumped into the other(probably other ways of doing, of course). The last stage(3rd machine) gives the item the quest is asking for.

Edit:
forgot. that might have been previous version. We were doing pretty good on quests before the update.
That's exactly what I have going on, 3rd machine won't produce the item.

edit: so I just went to check on it and I have a stack and a half of enzyme in it. So I guess it was just lying to me about having no recipe but was working in the background or something?
more edit: Yeah, it just keeps happening. I make any changes to the incubators and I have to leave my world and come back for it to update but it's really working the whole time.

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
having trouble converting biomes with the Arcane Terrestrial Reformer. No clue what I am doing wrong.
5esQOQU.png

To far distant from the energy source?(it is pathed through relays over about 7 chunks. any help would be appreciated. It is setup with a plains focus on it.

Trying to breed trees and thinking they don't like wastelands.

Thinking this might be the issue:
qmzQZog.png
This was happening earlier. thought it might be desync. now thinking there might be too many relay connections. As breaking a relay at one point fixes that point, but it breaks somewhere else.

Edit:
got it figured out. The essentia is inserted into the machine's bottom.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Right, got a chicken and the egg situation here.

Taint.

In order to make taint, I need to find an object with naturally occurring taint. I can't find this item. Is it a liquid that needs to go into the boiler like ag skies 2? Is it something I missed somewhere?

Without an item with taint, I can't make the tainted brew needed to taint a node, to cause a tainted biome, to be able to make the crusted taint required to go under the taint seeds (needs: Crusted taint below), for the quest. If not for that "needs" then the seeds themselves would be the perfect starting taint source.

Are there naturally occurring tainted nodes and biomes I am to look for, or would finding one of those be a bug like finding the magical woods?

There's another way to make taint. Take a Thaumcraft Cauldron out somewhere and dump in more essentia than you need for a recipe. Any recipe, any essentia. When you empty the Cauldron by right-clicking it with your wand, there's a good chance of getting a purple overflow (gas or liquid). As I recall, if you don't 'clean up' the liquid and let it sit on the ground, it will cause taint. You may be able to scan it directly, as well.

There's also a thing that can happen if you get too much Warp while researching Thaumcraft stuff - you can actually generate the taint liquid just by standing around. (It's one of the issues I have with Thaumcraft, to be honest.)