[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
So is there anyway to speed up the bloomery and blast furnaces (furni?) or is old age inducing waiting the only option to make steel?

Edit: O god, 3 pieces of coal coke for 1 steel ingot!

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Im having an issue crafting the Mekanisim Configurator
Ive got the required items in the correct places...
Stick on the bottom, lapis on top, Enriched alloy Left and right, and an Energy tablet in the midle (ive tried fully charged and fully empty)
It just wont create the item

Ok.. Got it figured out
I was using the energy tablet from a quest reward, that has the code 5534:1
The recepie needed a crafted Energy tablet with the code 5534
which quest, thought I switched all of them over to the new data format, but if I missed one it'd be good to know which one.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Void seed seems un-craftable. searched the thread and didn't see anything recent. My little brother tried both crafting with the both the valid methods (that thaumcraft pot thing and the higher tier version of it, sorry want to play not look up names.) He tried a seed crafted from wheat, analyzed seed, iron seed. None of them crafted the void seed.
The non-vanilla seeds (anything analysed) shouldn't work, but the one crafted from wheat should have!

The only thing I can recommend is go into a creative world, get all research and build a Thaumatorium (advanced alchemy device - basically a big fancy crucible - doesn't need water in the crucible but does need a heat source beneath it), then attach 3 jars with the at least the correct essentia (minimum 2x Alienis, 8x Tenebrae and 8x Vacuos) and put your seed crafted from wheat into it. if that doesn't bring up the option to create a Void Seed, you've got a problem.

Apparently Void Seeds can also be dropped by Crimson Cultists - I would assume that wasn't how you were meant to get them, but I can't be sure.

So is there anyway to speed up the bloomery and blast furnaces (furni?) or is old age inducing waiting the only option to make steel?

If its just the garden stuff bloomery and railcraft blast furnaces, I'm afraid so. And it is furnaces, because the word is not "Fernus", from the Latin. Though now I kind of wish it was...

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019

I highly recommend either automation, or automation AND using the Thaumcraft Infernal Blast Furnace.

You have two ways to speed that up, one is to add up to 4 Arcane Bellows on the bottom middle of each side. The other speed increase is to feed it Ignis Centi-Vis.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
The non-vanilla seeds (anything analysed) shouldn't work, but the one crafted from wheat should have!

The only thing I can recommend is go into a creative world, get all research and build a Thaumatorium (advanced alchemy device - basically a big fancy crucible - doesn't need water in the crucible but does need a heat source beneath it), then attach 3 jars with the at least the correct essentia (minimum 2x Alienis, 8x Tenebrae and 8x Vacuos) and put your seed crafted from wheat into it. if that doesn't bring up the option to create a Void Seed, you've got a problem.

Apparently Void Seeds can also be dropped by Crimson Cultists - I would assume that wasn't how you were meant to get them, but I can't be sure.
If Crimson Cultists are the route then that is alright. Will figure that part out on my own, and tell my little brother so he can give figuring it out a shot.(how to get them. So far we have only gotten the guardians from warp. we will figure this out though)

Forgot all about testing in creative. Did that a lot while i was working on a modpack. Forgot all about doing it in other modpacks. It is actually a really useful method for checking things out. Will make sure I prepare for the warp, if it still happens. I can remember the last time I cheated in a cheat book. My little brother kept bursting into flames every couple seconds. That was awhile back though. Nothing a few items won't fix though.

Edit:
@GamerwithnoGame
Worked in a test world. Used wheat to craft the seed. Now we just got to figure out which step isn't working on the server. Again, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Arachnid_XIII

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question,
Im playing on a small server with my friends, and we are working in small groups to progress, so not all in the same party for quests
one of the quests is to "Kill the Enderdragon"

Now me and my partner got to him 1st, so we claimed the quest and th dragon

but as a result the other groups cant kill him now
Is there any way to respawn the dragon ?? without resetting the end completly ?

Edit: Also, Witchery question
Wool of bat, Is there an easier way to get this without having to create 100 spawn bat eggs and go to town with luck enchanted arthana

Last edited:

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019

Wool of bat, Is there an easier way to get this without having to create 100 spawn bat eggs and go to town with luck enchanted arthana

End: Yes you have to delete it and reset it for them to claim the quest. Had you all done it together, you should have all gotten the credit for when it died.

Wool of bat: You can find a bat spawner (from the diamond dolly quest if you get really lucky) or just create a bat spawning room that can afk kill them. You can also get them from the bats in the nether. I usually just use a looting sword and i have enough by the time i need them.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question,
Im playing on a small server with my friends, and we are working in small groups to progress, so not all in the same party for quests
one of the quests is to "Kill the Enderdragon"

The only way to respawn the ender dragon is to reset the end. However you could use the OP quest book to just complete that quest to bypass it.

For witchery, the best way to get wool of bat is usually the nether as the bats find you instead of the other way around...other than that bat eggs are it.

D

DFliyerz

Quick bug report, Nether Wart can only be planted by using the Natura planting bag.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
I highly recommend either automation, or automation AND using the Thaumcraft Infernal Blast Furnace.

You have two ways to speed that up, one is to add up to 4 Arcane Bellows on the bottom middle of each side. The other speed increase is to feed it Ignis Centi-Vis.

When you've gotten far enough, the metallurgic infuser from Mekanism will also allow you to create steel, but it takes three passes instead of the normal two (iron -> Wrought Iron -> Enriched Iron -> Steel Dust). The Infusers now can be converted to Factories, so a dedicated Carbon one is a good candidate for automating with an AE Interface or other method.

Refined Steel will still need a blast furnace of some form, but the Railcraft one eats coal coke just fine for the Refined Steel. Just in case, I still have a coke oven in a corner making several stacks of coal coke blocks.

Arachnid_XIII

Jul 29, 2019
Does the witchery ritual "Rite of changing seasons" change cracked sand to dirt / sand ect ??
Or do i still need to replace all the cracked sand within the new biome manually ??

Also, with a coven of 6 witches, what is the range of the ritual ??

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Does the witchery ritual "Rite of changing seasons" change cracked sand to dirt / sand ect ??
Or do i still need to replace all the cracked sand within the new biome manually ??

Also, with a coven of 6 witches, what is the range of the ritual ??
The Rite does NOT change blocks, it only changes the biome itself (wasteland to plains for example).

The range is:
Code:
8 * (size of coven - 3)
so for the example 6 coven, it'd be 8 * 3 = 24

Cannot remember if it is radius or diameter, fairly sure it's radius however.
You can always test in a creative test world before messing with something new. :p

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
0.8.8, LAN multiplayer, we just did a Ritual of Binding and upgraded our Blood Altar to Tier 4. We have 8 Runes of the Orb, so our max LP is 1,160,000. They are going down by 50 every few seconds. We have no other rituals running, Binding is literally the only ritual we've ever done, and we have no sigils apart from Divination. Any idea why it's going down? Is the Rune of the Orb boost temporary and will it just gradually drop down to 1,000,000?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
0.8.8, LAN multiplayer, we just did a Ritual of Binding and upgraded our Blood Altar to Tier 4. We have 8 Runes of the Orb, so our max LP is 1,160,000. They are going down by 50 every few seconds. We have no other rituals running, Binding is literally the only ritual we've ever done, and we have no sigils apart from Divination. Any idea why it's going down? Is the Rune of the Orb boost temporary and will it just gradually drop down to 1,000,000?
Ah, probably the Bound Sword is still activated.