[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Darianna

Jul 29, 2019
Have found such Biome too....a really big area with all of the thaumcraft related trees, big oak trees....an area with grass (more than 30 Blocks i think...) and after my walk trough the area my bags was full of stuff...saplings, seeds....pasture seeds....flowers..bonemeal, clay and fertilizer on mass...all was laying araound and my magnet ring has pulled it to me..
So yeah....it is sure nice to have such an oasis in this cracked land...but for the start it is a big massive advantage and makes many hard work in the beginning...obsolet...
So alone with the stuff is laying around without touching any of the nearly 50 trees around ( 3 stacks floral fertilizer.,...3 stacks bonemeal...2 stacks clay...13 oak saplings....3 greatwood...around 20 vishorooms and shimmerleafs and 40 pasture seeds) it is an big break in the early game mechanics...

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge any chance of getting the mod "platforms" into the pack? It's decorative, pairs well with railcraft aesthetically, works with any wood/metal/stone, adds scaffolding (which we don't have save chisel,) banistered stairs, etc. It's good for making patios/decks, roller coasters (If that's your thing,) and other decorative structures. It's clean, intuitive, and fun!
I love the mod, and have played with it on 1.10.2, but I didn't think it was available for 1.7.10? Even so, the modlist is finalised.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Have found such Biome too....a really big area with all of the thaumcraft related trees, big oak trees....an area with grass (more than 30 Blocks i think...) and after my walk trough the area my bags was full of stuff...saplings, seeds....pasture seeds....flowers..bonemeal, clay and fertilizer on mass...all was laying araound and my magnet ring has pulled it to me..
So yeah....it is sure nice to have such an oasis in this cracked land...but for the start it is a big massive advantage and makes many hard work in the beginning...obsolet...
So alone with the stuff is laying around without touching any of the nearly 50 trees around ( 3 stacks floral fertilizer.,...3 stacks bonemeal...2 stacks clay...13 oak saplings....3 greatwood...around 20 vishorooms and shimmerleafs and 40 pasture seeds) it is an big break in the early game mechanics...

I wish I was able to do what Twilight Forest had done with progress based exploring and apply it to this. I for one don't mind the Biome showing up because I can keep from using anything until I make it that far in the pack. As for the drops they will de-spawn on there own. But it would be really cool if the Biome could be blocked until a requirement was meant how TW was handled. I'm surprised it isn't a stand alone mod to block access to biomes.

asbestinuS

Jul 29, 2019
Hi again,
I have a problem with the poppets from Witchery. I have bound the two first puppets to me using the bed I slept in (Water Protection and Fire Protection). But even with them being in my inventory I still am drowning and also burning. Do I need that puppet shelf? If so, getting the puppets so early is useless, because the attuned diamonds are imo for the later game.
I have not trieed to get my health as low as 0.5 to see if the puppets work like this, but I don't think thats the case. I also tried haveing only one of the puppets in my inventory in case you are only allowed like 1 poppet. Didn't work either.
Am I doing something wrong? Thanks :)

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Hi again,
I have a problem with the poppets from Witchery. I have bound the two first puppets to me using the bed I slept in (Water Protection and Fire Protection). But even with them being in my inventory I still am drowning and also burning. Do I need that puppet shelf? If so, getting the puppets so early is useless, because the attuned diamonds are imo for the later game.
I have not trieed to get my health as low as 0.5 to see if the puppets work like this, but I don't think thats the case. I also tried haveing only one of the puppets in my inventory in case you are only allowed like 1 poppet. Didn't work either.
Am I doing something wrong? Thanks :)
https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/water-protection-poppet
The water protection poppet will redirect deadly drowning damage from the bound player to the poppet and refill the players breath. The poppet will be destroyed it in the process.
https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/fire-protection-poppet
The fire protection poppet will redirect deadly burning damage from the bound player or creature to the poppet, destroying it in the process. Continuing to swim in lava once the poppet has gone is probably not a good idea!

The Poppets do not stop you from taking damage of that type. They only stop you from DEATH by that type, being consumed in the process.
This link has links and information for the rest of the poppets.

They are not intended as immunity to damage and lack of care, they are intended as (for example) "I'm going to the nether and surrounded by a lot of fire and lava, I should prepare fire protection poppets in case of mistakes". Or in the case of water poppets in early game, in case you mess up while trying to get something from the ocean floor.

Vampiric poppet targeted at something that can regenerate (witch for example) may be what you want instead.

L

Leber Adanek

Hi, I am getting an error with the new update of regrowth 1.0.0 when loading a previous save from 0.9.1.

I have a previous save that will not load due to missing blocks (guessing because Bibliowoods Forestry edition was removed?) Is this the same experience for everyone when loading from a previous save from 0.9.1? I cannot see anyone else having the same issue so I am wondering if previous saves are expected to not work and I've just missed a bit of information somewhere.

Attachments

• crash-2016-08-14_11.44.27-server.txt
    13.4 KB · Views: 94

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Found out those random node in jars from quest items do pop hungry nodes. Kept warning my brother to pop them outside the base, somewhere. He popped the random node right in the base and it was hungry. He died a lot trying to encage it, finally had enough and quit for a bit. Getting ready to go in there now and see if I can destroy it. It has obsidian around it. I'm just not for sure where around it.
Edit:
Got it destroyed. Forgot to take a screenshot before though.
http://imgur.com/HMCGPVv (all the thaumcraft supplies are in that compartment)
Hi, I am getting an error with the new update of regrowth 1.0.0 when loading a previous save from 0.9.1.

I have a previous save that will not load due to missing blocks (guessing because Bibliowoods Forestry edition was removed?) Is this the same experience for everyone when loading from a previous save from 0.9.1? I cannot see anyone else having the same issue so I am wondering if previous saves are expected to not work and I've just missed a bit of information somewhere.
"fml-client-latest.log" is much more complete. It will need to be pasted into FTB Paste . I would suggest adjusting all the setting on that page before pasting. As it has lagged my browser before in the extreme pasting large files to it. Be ready to hit the last button as soon as the paste is in, and only once. I don't know if it is still a issue, probably just my computer anyways.

All I could see in that crash log is that the "dimenstion loader" might be having issues. not for sure what that relates to though. The missing blocks at start is normal. Even if the block has never been in game the information on it is still saved there. If the blocks is no longer available the game will give that notice.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
lol you could of just put it inside another jar

As I recall, jarring a node involves surrounding it with glass. The only thing that a Hungry Node won't suck in is Obsidian, so trying to set up the jar itself would be a wee bit tricky.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you're right about lagging out the page. It isn't just your computer. lol

Here is the link:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/599d6313

Thank you.
I highly recommend using http://pastebin.com/ in the future, no lag issues, works basically the same, and is far easier to read.

As I recall, jarring a node involves surrounding it with glass. The only thing that a Hungry Node won't suck in is Obsidian, so trying to set up the jar itself would be a wee bit tricky.
This is mostly true, however if you have the capability to make warded node jars you can technically do it that way but you have to be quick with the place+ward. Works best with two people, one to place one to ward. (Or you could use one person with equal trade and replace a block of obsidian with the glass and the other ward after, single blocks at a time)

Another method
(lots of time wasting before hand, mediocre video quality, but gets point across) Use two wands, one equal trade, one for jar formation.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I highly recommend using http://pastebin.com/ in the future, no lag issues, works basically the same, and is far easier to read.

This is mostly true, however if you have the capability to make warded node jars you can technically do it that way but you have to be quick with the place+ward. Works best with two people, one to place one to ward. (Or you could use one person with equal trade and replace a block of obsidian with the glass and the other ward after, single blocks at a time)

Another method
(lots of time wasting before hand, mediocre video quality, but gets point across) Use two wands, one equal trade, one for jar formation.
I remember pastebin having a file size limit? I prefer that one as well.

L

lewistodd1881

I'm trying to make to make ender seeds but the runic altar refuses to make them and displays a red cross over the arrow. I've tried breaking the runic altar and putting the items back on it, replacing the seeds, pointing a mana spreader at it, but it just completely refuses to start the crafting process.
2016-08-14_20.13.21.png

L

lewistodd1881

Where is the mana spreader?
Sorry, I completely forgot to have it in the image but it's only 4 blocks away and connected to a mana pool and is facing the runic altar.

Edit: I have no idea what happened but it suddenly worked when i loaded the game so anyway thanks for offering help.

Last edited:

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Possible bug: I have seen 5 white particles from witchery trees, and i have not had a single tree ant spawn yet.

S

SpinyNormn

I can't seem to use any shears to get actual plants, just the byproducts. Cactus gives cactus green on right click, flowers give dye, etc. All of the crops in question are 10/10/10, I haven't updated any mods, and have even tried backing up my save and reinstalling Regrowth, with no love. I've seen a few posts about this on and off, but most seem to point to plants being underdeveloped, which mine aren't. That said, I did see a post from a few months back that something like this was a known bug in Agricraft 1.5.0, which seems to be the version that the recent Regrowth release is using. This has pretty much halted my progression at this point with several quest lines.

V

Voxel_Friend

I love the mod, and have played with it on 1.10.2, but I didn't think it was available for 1.7.10? Even so, the modlist is finalised.
Yeah Platforms is being actively maintained for 1.7.10, 1.8.9, 1.9.4 and 1.10.2. Shame I missed the cutoff for mod requests, but I guess I can always just add it for single player purposes.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Phillip thomas

Jul 29, 2019
I have run into an issue with mekanism. It looks like energy cubes are no longer part of mekanism? There is an induction coil but it requires lithium and an energy cube which have no recipe. Any one else see this?

Edit: never mind. I reloaded the pack and recipes were back. Must have been an nei glitch.

Last edited: