[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

F

FlyPlease

I have tried so hard to find people to play various games with...most of them just stop showing up without letting me know they're getting bored (again and again with every game after 1-5 days varying randomly...)

My sister and I also get along really well, and she is also a gamer. We play games every so often, but she's often very busy.
I, on the other hand, have no life and have all the time in the world to become bored out of my mind alone. :p

(Future clarification)
You're thinking of the floral fertilizer for botania that can be used directly on dirt (or grass). Bonemeal is only on grass itself.

No that's not intended, did you change anything in the mod pack? add anything?

@thephoenixlodge Possible World Gen Bug (See quoted message)
Nope i didnt, played original settings,packs. Its bug for sure.

F

FlyPlease

Came back after a long time to enjoy the update, Thanks again for a great pack and the work you have put in.

Exploring a new world and I cam across an Eerie Biome that had a few oak trees and I never thought an eerie biome could look so good compared to the wasteland.lol I did find a Magical Forest and was thinking of putting my base there.
Yep, I think its bug that came up with 1.0, now we have thaumcraft biomes generating, as people said its not intended.

Reactions: RehabOholic
B

BastIsAwesome

I am so excited that 1.0.0 has finally been released. Unfortunately, it seems to crash every time I try to load it. I am not getting any error reports, it simply closes Minecraft and returns me to the FTB launcher. The only modification I have made to the modpack is removing InventoryTweaks.

Edit:
I did a complete wipe of the modpack folder to do a clean install. That seems to have fixed the problem.

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, I think its bug that came up with 1.0, now we have thaumcraft biomes generating, as people said its not intended.

I figured it was a bug. I watch the great Raetac and he came across one. I will make my base there and just not touch the trees until I have them them. Example, when I get Oak saplings I will harvest the oak, when I craft a Great wood I will harvest the great woods, ex. The biome is still cracked sand, so it just comes down to self control really. I didn't know Eere was a full on biome with trees. I know it was cause mainly by the totems but this one didn't have one, or at least none I could see.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
afaik the eerie biome happens because of an eerie node, and those just happen to usually come inside of obelisks or totems. I know previous versions have had eerie biomes spawn without ever having an issue with trees growing, so there's definitely a bug somewhere.

On that note, multiple patches of grass spawned in my new world near the beach and inside caves, I broke them to keep progression but that's a thing. I'll have to search through the history as well, because I remember the issue of no dead trees spawning in a world with the same seed as a previously deleted one was addressed a while back but I can't remember the resolution and I've had that issue since the update.

edit: looks like there was a theory that it might have something to do with whether or not the cheats enabled option was turned on, and the dead wood and slate end up only spawning in chunks that were not already loaded in the previous world with the same seed. I may need to look through the saved worlds folder and see if some remnant of the deleted world is hanging out somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
afaik the eerie biome happens because of an eerie node, and those just happen to usually come inside of obelisks or totems. I know previous versions have had eerie biomes spawn without ever having an issue with trees growing, so there's definitely a bug somewhere.

On that note, multiple patches of grass spawned in my new world near the beach and inside caves, I broke them to keep progression but that's a thing. I'll have to search through the history as well, because I remember the issue of no trees spawning in a world with the same seed as a previously deleted one was addressed a while back but I can't remember the resolution and I've had that issue since the update.

Raetac had a good Idea if it can be done, is change the harvest level of the Greatwood, and Silverwood trees and just leave the biomes in(If it was a bigger headach to get rid of them that is. Either way, I do like that for me it's like an rare oasis in this messed up world. You just need to not touch anything with your tainted hands until you have progressed(Cleansed yourself) or it will rot away. :) Its a great pack either way and I am very appreciative for the phoenixlodge hard work that he has provided for a peasant like myself.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
Raetac had a good Idea if it can be done, is change the harvest level of the Greatwood, and Silverwood trees and just leave the biomes in(If it was a bigger headach to get rid of them that is. Either way, I do like that for me it's like an rare oasis in this messed up world. You just need to not touch anything with your tainted hands until you have progressed(Cleansed yourself) or it will rot away. :) Its a great pack either way and I am very appreciative for the phoenixlodge hard work that he has provided for a peasant like myself.

That does have a nice ring to it, but it would break the cross-mod progression since you'd be able to get greatwood and silverwood saplings without creating one first and it would provide the biome conditions some of the bees and fish need without having to go through the process of changing biomes or using tech to upgrade their respective breeding blocks.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I should be able to nuke the biomes with BiomeTweaker, but at the same time I don't understand why these are spawning anyway, their spawn weight is set to 0 in the configs.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Amazing, the release 1.0 is finally out :D Thank you again, thephoenixlodge, for such a nice pack!
I have a little problem though....I just created a new world and I see a very ugly texture for the dead tree logs. Is this supposed to be like that (see attached picture..hopefully if it worked)?
I just changed from the kinda old FTB Launcher to the new ? Curse Launcher, hoping to get rid of that problem (I had that problem earlier, too, with version 0.9.X I think - using the FTB Launcher) but naah....didn't work. What's the problem, can anyone help me?
I'm running the latest Java 8 version and the latest display driver for my AMD R9 290x graphics card. How can I install Texure Packs with the Curse Launcher (never used it before, like ever) - I'm aimimg for the Faithful TP.
Thanks in advance :)

I think that's the texture you get when there's an issue with Anisotropic Graphics. Mess with that setting (raise or lower it) and see if it fixes the problem.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I think that's the texture you get when there's an issue with Anisotropic Graphics. Mess with that setting (raise or lower it) and see if it fixes the problem.
Yeah, I remember that one. The Anti-Aliasing setting(or whatever it was)did it to me. I was trying out different setting when the textures for the trees starting looking strange.

My computer can barely handle minecraft. I have to turn mip-maps down all the way and disable anti-aliasing. Should probably turn down the rest. It rarely helps my framrate though. Fastcraft helps it in the extreme, about as much as turning off mip-maps.

How can I install Texure Packs with the Curse Launcher (never used it before, like ever) - I'm aimimg for the Faithful TP.
Thanks in advance :)
I detected that you wish to know "how to install content" on "curse launcher"?

Click the picture of the pact in the instance selection screen. That should take you to the packs information. You want to click the "get more content button" this button will bring up a tabbed list of content based on the current pack and its settings. It is filtered by the version of minecraft the pack is using. So incompatiblity chances should be a little lower.

Just click the install button on the things you like the look of.

Last edited:

asbestinuS

Jul 29, 2019
Mess with that setting (raise or lower it) and see if it fixes the problem.

The Anti-Aliasing setting(or whatever it was)did it to me. [...]

Click the picture of the pact in the instance selection screen. That should take you to the packs information. You want to click the "get more content button" this button will bring up a tabbed list of content based on the current pack and its settings. It is filtered by the version of minecraft the pack is using. So incompatiblity chances should be a little lower.
Indeed, it was the Anisptropic Filtering. Turning that down to 0 fixed the problem. Thank you guys!
And thanks for the tip for "how to install content" on the "curse launcher" ;)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Indeed, it was the Anisptropic Filtering. Turning that down to 0 fixed the problem. Thank you guys!
And thanks for the tip for "how to install content" on the "curse launcher" ;)

Turning it off is the usual fix, but I encountered one person who actually fixed it by turning it up, so I figured giving you all the options would be best. ;)

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
*SNIP* On that note, multiple patches of grass spawned in my new world near the beach and inside caves, I broke them to keep progression but that's a thing. *SNIP*.
As far as I knew it was intended to have 1-2 connected blocks of grass spread out through the world (2 being extremely rare). And possibly intended for the rare grass patch under the wicker man hay statues.

So unless you're talking about more grass than that, it is intended as a rare portion of the world regrowing/having survived but barely.

EDIT: I've yet to play 1.0, so I don't have any visual of what is being mentioned. :p

Last edited:

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I knew it was intended to have 1-2 connected blocks of grass spread out through the world (2 being extremely rare). And possibly intended for the rare grass patch under the wicker man hay statues.

So unless you're talking about more grass than that, it is intended as a rare portion of the world regrowing/having survived but barely.

EDIT: I've yet to play 1.0, so I don't have any visual of what is being mentioned. :p

IIRC from back when Regrowth was new there was a problem with world gen where TPL was trying to get those last few blocks of grass to stop spawning in beach biomes, but if it wasn't fixable it's entirely possible that it was written into the lore. They've been rare but existed in all of my worlds, there were just a lot more of them in the most recent one, and one that had 12 or so connected grass blocks. I'll post a pic when I get home. I always hated them, I'm a big fan of the forced progression in Regrowth and it totally breaks that for me.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
I usually get grass (with pasture seeds( before the first night. No such a big deal

Pasture seeds have a low drop rate, so it's a toss up whether you'll get them or not the first day, especially if you want to spend time setting up a safe killing room for those sweet drops. Also, I like that Regrowth makes me work for every little thing I accomplish, having something handed to me like that just feels wrong.

I

Iya_Taisho

So I have a quick question. The Millenaire villages seem really buggy for me. Is this a common issue or just me?

There are times I'll log in to play for a while to find the builder of a village is invisible but is building something (ghost villager, lol). Other times, I will try to talk to the merchant to sell/buy items and the game will suddenly crash. I log back in and I can trade. If I go to another village, it sometimes is alright, others it's a repeat as the previous. It's similar when I talk to a village leader.

I know watching direwolf20's videos, he experienced similar issues also. I wasn't sure if this is something that has been updated with the recent update or not (no mention of it so I'm guessing not).

V

Voxel_Friend

@thephoenixlodge any chance of getting the mod "platforms" into the pack? It's decorative, pairs well with railcraft aesthetically, works with any wood/metal/stone, adds scaffolding (which we don't have save chisel,) banistered stairs, etc. It's good for making patios/decks, roller coasters (If that's your thing,) and other decorative structures. It's clean, intuitive, and fun!