[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Y

Your mom

Won't let me bonemeal dirt for some reason!
It's been a while since I played so I think you have to bonemeal grass blocks :p you get those by right clicking dirt with one of the drops you get from the naturally generated dead grass.

P

profrags

Wait, were you wanting planks or logs?
It is expensive but a 3*3 crafting grid filled with dead wood returns 1 log. I think the quest books goes over it.
He has a sapling now, anyway :p infinite wood FTW!

LunarDarkAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. i am currently trying to play the latest update, but it keeps chrashing while launching and i do not know what is wrong. help?

Phillip thomas

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, I just updated and loaded my 9.1 save and I have a bunch of mariculture limestone microblocks that all turned into osmium microblocks. I kind of like it though. Adds some more color.

Reactions: Your mom

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Upgrade note from a relatively heavy Mekansim user: It went smoothly. My big concern before the upgrade was what would happen with various blocks afterward (mostly the salination plant), so I tore down ALL the Mek machines and stuck them in vanilla chests. Probably overkill, but everything appears to have updated just fine that way.

My next concern was how I was going to get power on AE, but was able to carve a small space out for my Induction Cell, and now good to go. :) I was even able to drain my six gas generators into it, so he'll be fine for the next couple months or so. Now working on digging out a new, dedicated area for the Mekanism backend - along with proper AE automation (a first for me).

I did lose the programming chip and fertilizer in the multifarm, but that's fine. Unable to test Containers (yet) as I've had no need for them in this world; The Acclimatizer appears even more stable than before, which is nice. Oh, and it appears that my AcademyCraft progress (as little as it was) has been reset.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Was watching my robot harvesting crops, off and on. Forgot all about their wondering feet. Seen it dive into the ocean. Was wondering what it thought was interesting down there. Switched out gear and took a look. Couldn't see it any where but there were broken seaweed laying around. Followed that for a few chunks. Found him harvesting another seaweed. Happy as would be. Don't think he liked it when I took my sword to him. Probably going to have the Society for the Promotion of Robotic Welfare after me for that. Maybe if I cage him in and feed him power through a hole in the wall it won't get out?

Reactions: fimbrethil

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I had the exact same problem. Deleting the config folder and force updating fixed it for me
might be similar then to my issue where minecraft reported two instances of a mod being there and wouldn't start up further until I fixed it. I backed up some files. Then deleted the curse instance. Re-installed it from scratch. Restored the backup files (which were just stuff like options.txt).

I think it is that Curse isn't properly updating the pack. Not for sure what it would be on FTB's launcher though. Maybe has to do with not having elevated privileges or something while updating. It used to need those just to run packs.

Curse is installed where it always goes(as it doesn't ask where it is to install at). My curse instance is on another hard drive in a Set of folders where I install all the game. (So the instances aren't in "my documents", "program files", or anything. Though the launcher is probably run from such a location.

I got my robot to finally listen to me. I don't fully understand how the robot system works in buildcraft and can't find any good documentation on it. I didn't have the emerald gate at all. This time I put the gate on the power pipe that the robot sits on. Set the 3D zone he was to work with a "map location" item. Set that in the gate. He has been enjoying the fresh air. Didn't have to cage him up after all.

Still don't understand that gate. I tried setting it so that he would return to base when I turned off a redstone signal. It didn't work. He just went about harvesting. So he isn't going to get any days off anytime soon. His choice to ignore me when I tell him he can take a break, I guess.

Any one know of a good set of documentation for the robot related stuff? The wiki I used wasn't fully fleshed out in that area. (I know I could edit it into a wiki, I just want to play though.Not spend hours figuring out how something works so I could hope to half-way document it properly)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aria Everhart
F

FlyPlease

Is this intended to gen MF

Attachments

• 2016-08-09_18.03.12.png
    2016-08-09_18.03.12.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 71

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Just someone to play with means the world to me. I think at times the thing that keeps bringing me back to minecraft is knowing I can play it some more with my little brother. Neither of us really used to go for decorative. Then we played with AmethystQueen for awhile. She was majorly into decorating. I tried to get decorative every now and again. I decided to give it a full try then. Never got fully done with my projects. Still looked a lot better then usual. Still slowly getting more into it.

Just try and get a play-mate. Doesn't even have to be minecraft. Whatever game you both want to play just play it. It will be a hell of a lot more fun. I guess that might be tough. I can count the number of friends I have on one hand and still have enough fingers left on it to sew. The only reason I have anyone at all to play games with is that my little brother happens to like games as much as me, and we actually get along fairly well. Otherwise I would be by my lonesome. Never was much for that. Though I don't like people much either. Strange quandary that.

I have tried so hard to find people to play various games with...most of them just stop showing up without letting me know they're getting bored (again and again with every game after 1-5 days varying randomly...)

My sister and I also get along really well, and she is also a gamer. We play games every so often, but she's often very busy.
I, on the other hand, have no life and have all the time in the world to become bored out of my mind alone. :p

Get some dirt then bonemeal it for some grass or flowers. Craft Mutandis and right click the flower/grass and wait until you get some form of a sapling.

Best of luck,
Your mom
(Future clarification)
You're thinking of the floral fertilizer for botania that can be used directly on dirt (or grass). Bonemeal is only on grass itself.

Is this intended to gen MF
No that's not intended, did you change anything in the mod pack? add anything?

@thephoenixlodge Possible World Gen Bug (See quoted message)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
No that's not intended, did you change anything in the mod pack? add anything?

@thephoenixlodge Possible World Gen Bug (See quoted message)

Saw something similar in one of Raetac's videos - a bit of Magical Forest that he specifically avoided taking anything from during his long walkabout video.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
I got my robot to finally listen to me. I don't fully understand how the robot system works in buildcraft and can't find any good documentation on it. I didn't have the emerald gate at all. This time I put the gate on the power pipe that the robot sits on. Set the 3D zone he was to work with a "map location" item. Set that in the gate. He has been enjoying the fresh air. Didn't have to cage him up after all.

Still don't understand that gate. I tried setting it so that he would return to base when I turned off a redstone signal. It didn't work. He just went about harvesting. So he isn't going to get any days off anytime soon. His choice to ignore me when I tell him he can take a break, I guess.

Any one know of a good set of documentation for the robot related stuff? The wiki I used wasn't fully fleshed out in that area. (I know I could edit it into a wiki, I just want to play though.Not spend hours figuring out how something works so I could hope to half-way document it properly)

My quick and dirty solution to using robots (at least the harvester anyway):

1) Use the blue markers to define an area (usually a 2D area at the level of your crop sticks). Right click on the primary marker with a Map Location (paper around a yellow dye). That will define where the robot works.

2) Quartz OR gate at the docking station. I use that with two sets of logic:
redstone on - goto station (my normal failsafe)
redstone off - work in area, (plunk the yellow map area defined in #1 in the square next to that)

If you placed the docking station on a non-power pipe, you'll need another one placed on a *buildcraft* power pipe (not Mekanism) within 96 blocks of the station. Preferably 64. This is the Robot's recharge pad, which he will automatically wander over toward as needed.

I used hopperhocks for collection. Later I dropped robots altogether in favor of the Forestry multifarm, as there are no tile entities left on the ground during harvesting (helps a ton on lag). Pipes replaced later on for AE cable (warning, that bit needs quite a bit of power), so pipe animations were removed too.

This series has been a really good primer on most things BC (and a ton of Forestry too), including the use of pipe logic to implement a basic 4-bit automated power controller. :)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLb8lj2ziBwwwsHVhOqz09k9s_Df_boVll

The robot specific stuff starts at #53, here:

He prefers the Zone Planner for robot areas, but at one point he did touch on the method above. I still prefer the markers as they are more precise.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
@Sungak,

Dang, that was some thorough info. Thanks.

I figured out the first part by parsing together info on the wiki. The robot wouldn't listen to the go to station without signal part though. So I dropped that and just kill him if needed. Though a better setup might be needed later. A well fed hopper hock picks up all the stuff and shoves it into a chest and off to storage it goes. The storage has void upgrades, and a overflow chest for just in case(I learned after all those pipe issues Agrarian Skies was having in the beginning).

Saved that playlist for later. The wikis spend a lot of time being out of date. Guess to many players are like me(scary thought) and rather play then update the source of there bountiful well of knowledge.

asbestinuS

Jul 29, 2019
Amazing, the release 1.0 is finally out :D Thank you again, thephoenixlodge, for such a nice pack!
I have a little problem though....I just created a new world and I see a very ugly texture for the dead tree logs. Is this supposed to be like that (see attached picture..hopefully if it worked)?
I just changed from the kinda old FTB Launcher to the new ? Curse Launcher, hoping to get rid of that problem (I had that problem earlier, too, with version 0.9.X I think - using the FTB Launcher) but naah....didn't work. What's the problem, can anyone help me?
I'm running the latest Java 8 version and the latest display driver for my AMD R9 290x graphics card. How can I install Texure Packs with the Curse Launcher (never used it before, like ever) - I'm aimimg for the Faithful TP.
Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 2016-08-10_06.04.54.png
    2016-08-10_06.04.54.png
    508.5 KB · Views: 84

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Came back after a long time to enjoy the update, Thanks again for a great pack and the work you have put in.

Exploring a new world and I cam across an Eerie Biome that had a few oak trees and I never thought an eerie biome could look so good compared to the wasteland.lol I did find a Magical Forest and was thinking of putting my base there.