[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
How do I make Thaumium Thread? The recipe is two string and two thumium nuggets in a spinning wheel, but it doesn't work, I guess I need to unlock the research but any idea what it is?

*Edit* Damn, ignore me, I left some other thread in the output!

Last edited:

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019
How do I make Thaumium Thread? The recipe is two string and two thumium nuggets in a spinning wheel, but it doesn't work, I guess I need to unlock the research but any idea what it is?
Make sure you're using the right spinning wheel. Both Witchery and Witching Gadgets add their own, and they each only make their own types of thread. You're after the Witching Gadgets wheel, but may have made the Witchery wheel earlier on as it's part of the Witchery questline.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
The answer is likely going to be the same as the one about chromaticraft, as the pack's approaching near stablity/completion, additions of mods are less likely. There's nothing stopping you adding it in yourself if you playing sp though.

Agreed on this point. As for the mod in question, its called Extra Cells 2 - I've just reviewed the recipes for it, it should drop in just fine. Just be ready to craft a lot of processors (eep!), blue dye/powder, diamonds (upper tier drive cases) and certus quartz dust. ;-)

There was a question regarding an AE2 quest line; TPL will need to answer definitively, but from what I've seen of quest progression lately I don't believe there will be one. The existing set of mods allow autocrafting and storage styles that do not require AE. Storage Drawers are really nice, and I'm on the fence regarding Enhanced Inventories (the chest upgrade recipes keep bugging out, but its useful when mass-crafting runes for Botania - which is still needed, just not as tedious now).

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed on this point. As for the mod in question, its called Extra Cells 2 - I've just reviewed the recipes for it, it should drop in just fine. Just be ready to craft a lot of processors (eep!), blue dye/powder, diamonds (upper tier drive cases) and certus quartz dust. ;-)

There was a question regarding an AE2 quest line; TPL will need to answer definitively, but from what I've seen of quest progression lately I don't believe there will be one. The existing set of mods allow autocrafting and storage styles that do not require AE. Storage Drawers are really nice, and I'm on the fence regarding Enhanced Inventories (the chest upgrade recipes keep bugging out, but its useful when mass-crafting runes for Botania - which is still needed, just not as tedious now).
On Enhanced Inventories chests, I've never had problems with the recipes. What problems are you running into?
I like the size upgrades but I'd prefer chests that were a little less glitchy, such as not causing crashes when using the bibliocraft stockroom catalog on them... The catalog even works on a drawer controller to show the contents of the entire bank as well as jabba barrels, so there's likely something up with those chests.

DGundelach

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone happen to know how to change the world generation back to normal so all biomes appear? I love the modpack and the mods but I would like to play in a regular generated world. I tried playing with the config for a few mods but could not figure it out...

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone happen to know how to change the world generation back to normal so all biomes appear? I love the modpack and the mods but I would like to play in a regular generated world. I tried playing with the config for a few mods but could not figure it out...

Thank you for your help.
I would try to remove the biometweaker mod and then create a world to see what happens.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Continuing on with my Tutorial Series I tested the difference between Sprinklers/Agricarnations/Lamp of Growth/Sigil of the Green Grove to see what offers you the most bang for your buck, with results that surprised me. :)

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for suggestions on some good options in Regrowth for increased inventory space. I'm not as familiar with the magic mods as I'd like to be, so it's possible I'm missing options there. The Tier 2 bags from Bagginses just ain't cutting it for me anymore. Here are the ones I know of:

Forestry Bags - Lots of bags for specific purposes, but I'm looking for general use bags so these are out.
Bagginses - Good first upgrade option, but still too limited for my tastes for end game.
Knapsack - Not any better than Bagginses (other than doesn't consume a slot on inventory bar). I've had it bug out before on me too so I'd like to avoid using this.
Electric Chest - More storage space, but I'd prefer an item that isn't placeable in the world. I wear the Ring of Far Reaching normally, so accessing this without placing it is sometimes challenging.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for suggestions on some good options in Regrowth for increased inventory space. I'm not as familiar with the magic mods as I'd like to be, so it's possible I'm missing options there. The Tier 2 bags from Bagginses just ain't cutting it for me anymore. Here are the ones I know of:

Forestry Bags - Lots of bags for specific purposes, but I'm looking for general use bags so these are out.
Bagginses - Good first upgrade option, but still too limited for my tastes for end game.
Knapsack - Not any better than Bagginses (other than doesn't consume a slot on inventory bar). I've had it bug out before on me too so I'd like to avoid using this.
Electric Chest - More storage space, but I'd prefer an item that isn't placeable in the world. I wear the Ring of Far Reaching normally, so accessing this without placing it is sometimes challenging.

Witching Gadgets has a bag and a related cloak that you can make, this will give you access to a normal chest-sized inventory that you can access from a radial menu by pressing the Witching Gadgets active ability key. This inventory also doesn't respect Witchery's dream world, though.

Thaumcraft offers the Travelling Trunk (I can't remember if that's its real name). If you're looking for a way to empty your inventory after it fills up doing stuff, you can also use the hand mirror or the hungry hand mirror to send items back home to be sorted and stored. If you're not all the way to an AE system, you might find some utility in Automagy's Inventorium. It does require a supply of Ordo cV to function though. I have some other research regarding hungry chests in the Automagy tab but I think I need a primordial pearl to unlock them.

The Botania Hand of Ender gives you access to your vanilla ender chest, and lets you steal things from other player's ender chests when you use it on them.

Those are the ones I can think of offhand

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
What, in your opinion, is the most OP amour and weapons available in the pack? I'm not a fan of boss fights at all and knowing that I have quite a few harder boss fights to come I'd like to be prepared. I'm late/end game so nothing is impossible.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
What, in your opinion, is the most OP amour and weapons available in the pack? I'm not a fan of boss fights at all and knowing that I have quite a few harder boss fights to come I'd like to be prepared. I'm late/end game so nothing is impossible.

Bound Omega Armour is pretty much the best you can have but it is massively tedious to actually get, and it has a time limit on how long it lasts before turning back into ordinary bound armour.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Bound Omega Armour is pretty much the best you can have but it is massively tedious to actually get, and it has a time limit on how long it lasts before turning back into ordinary bound armour.
Not to mention it's strong only where the element it's tuned to is strong. For instance, you probably don't want to take a fire attuned set to the ocean...

Is the Eldritch tab a prerequisite for Bottled Taint?
I got it after scanning tainted stuff, I think it were Tainted Goo.

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019

Omega Armor is rejected because of that time limit. Is regular Bound armor the best in the game then?

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
YMMV on best armour. I'm aiming for Runic Shield +5 on a Void Thaumaturge's Armor enchanted with Protection, with Boots of the Traveller also with +5 Runic Shield, a girdle of shielding and and a ring of protection. All told that should give me +33 runic shield which should be enough for most boss-like situations. However the Bound Armour is purportedly capable of ignoring all damage, so long as your soul network has enough LP in it.

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
You could try the Primordial Armor from Witching Gadgets with either enchants or runic shielding to boost its defensive capabilities as well as infusing it with core elements [Fire,Earth,Water,Air] Air is a good one as it deflects all projectiles (not 100% of the time) also deflects mana bursts so best keep away form mana spreaders while Waring it.