[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a changelog for 0.8.7 someplace, or am I looking in the wrong place?
Page 1 under the changelogs spoiler, just above 0.8.6 it says "Full running changelog, including for versions in development can be viewed here" click that and should bring up a dropbox of all changelogs, just scroll down to the bottom to find the latest.

Shadyfellow

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a weird issue with my world. It always crashes on startup and this is the error I keep getting. It used to work and the Climate Control dev said the reason this would be occurring is because Vanilla Biomes is turned off without one of the biomes being properly overridden. Thoughts?
Link to the pastebin http://pastebin.com/EaknVNRM

Last edited:

Mastrude

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stuck on the quest "Getting Gassy" because the quest book isn't recognizing my gas tank and basic pressurized tube. I thought perhaps the tank might need to be full, but that doesn't seem to be the problem, and the illustration shows an empty tank. Sometimes "1" item means a small stack of 8, in quests, but I have 8 tubes. What could be the problem? Is this bugged?

firemagius

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed a bug that happened in 0.8.6 and still seems to be in 0.8.7. I only noticed it after the Gaia I fight, but I'm not sure if that is what triggered it. I had 10 red heart canisters, 2 yellow, and 1 green. I noticed that I had just red hearts on the main screen (the base 10 hearts), so I went to the Equipment tab and picked up my canisters and tried putting them back. Only one went in from each type. So, now I only have 3 extra hearts instead of 13 extra.

I also see the Botania rune not being consumed bug, but I kinda like that "feature"!

Back in 0.8.6, my thaumcraft essentia golem disappeared for no reason that I could tell. He wasn't working properly, so I don't miss him that much.

As an aside, I found a great way to contain a hungry node. I found one in the ocean near my base. One life later, I decided to contain it for wand recharging. I took a stack of obsidian, sojourners sash, ring of far reach, and the similsax transtructor. What an amazing tool! I started about ten or eleven squares away and used the similsax to send the obsidian under the hungry node. Then, place a piece of obsidian against the hungry node and again use the similsax to start spreading the obsidian around the hungry node, both as a cube and a platform. Afterwards, poke a hole or two in the cube and start a high-fiber diet of crafting tables. Eventually, I put a charging stand about 5 blocks away on a side that did not have a hole to the hungry node. Charging still worked fine.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a weird issue with my world. It always crashes on startup and this is the error I keep getting. It used to work and the Climate Control dev said the reason this would be occurring is because Vanilla Biomes is turned off without one of the biomes being properly overridden. Thoughts?
Link to the pastebin http://pastebin.com/EaknVNRM
The FML log is usually more helpful than the base minecraft one when it comes to mods.
I'm not using the most recent version yet so I'm not sure if there's something that was messed up in it, but the FML log would be helpful.
I'm stuck on the quest "Getting Gassy" because the quest book isn't recognizing my gas tank and basic pressurized tube. I thought perhaps the tank might need to be full, but that doesn't seem to be the problem, and the illustration shows an empty tank. Sometimes "1" item means a small stack of 8, in quests, but I have 8 tubes. What could be the problem? Is this bugged?
If that's the hohlraum one it's been reported a few times as broken and not detecting.
I noticed a bug that happened in 0.8.6 and still seems to be in 0.8.7. I only noticed it after the Gaia I fight, but I'm not sure if that is what triggered it. I had 10 red heart canisters, 2 yellow, and 1 green. I noticed that I had just red hearts on the main screen (the base 10 hearts), so I went to the Equipment tab and picked up my canisters and tried putting them back. Only one went in from each type. So, now I only have 3 extra hearts instead of 13 extra.

I also see the Botania rune not being consumed bug, but I kinda like that "feature"!

Back in 0.8.6, my thaumcraft essentia golem disappeared for no reason that I could tell. He wasn't working properly, so I don't miss him that much.

As an aside, I found a great way to contain a hungry node. I found one in the ocean near my base. One life later, I decided to contain it for wand recharging. I took a stack of obsidian, sojourners sash, ring of far reach, and the similsax transtructor. What an amazing tool! I started about ten or eleven squares away and used the similsax to send the obsidian under the hungry node. Then, place a piece of obsidian against the hungry node and again use the similsax to start spreading the obsidian around the hungry node, both as a cube and a platform. Afterwards, poke a hole or two in the cube and start a high-fiber diet of crafting tables. Eventually, I put a charging stand about 5 blocks away on a side that did not have a hole to the hungry node. Charging still worked fine.
The runes not being consumed is actually a purposeful change for Botania, so it is in fact a feature and not a bug.

If you carry a hydrophobic inhibitor from mariculture you can place blocks down directly on top of water, which makes building so much easier to start. The Similsax is an awesome, useful tool.
I lost my first magic broom to a hungry node as I was flying over the ocean heading to one of the magic map spots. Flew right past it and didn't have time to react before it sucked it in. Luckily for me I had a flugel tiara already or that would have sucked.

Last edited:

Shadyfellow

Jul 29, 2019
The FML log is usually more helpful than the base minecraft one when it comes to mods.
I'm not using the most recent version yet so I'm not sure if there's something that was messed up in it, but the FML log would be helpful.

So I was able to fix the problem last night by going into MCEdit and removing the chunk that was causing the error. This doesn't really help with how it was happening, but mostly all I had in the chunk was, steam engines, some mekanism pipes, and the beginnings of a biofuel setup. The setup was outdated anyway so I am probably just going to rebuild it into something else. If anyone else has the problem I can produce my FML log if need be.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Page 1 under the changelogs spoiler, just above 0.8.6 it says "Full running changelog, including for versions in development can be viewed here" click that and should bring up a dropbox of all changelogs, just scroll down to the bottom to find the latest.

Ah, that explains it, thanks. Got it now.

DropBox links are blocked (and sometimes scrubbed) by the firewall at work. I also keep some settings on FireFox (via noscript etc) to match the work config to some extent (I have fairly valid reasons for this); So I have to revert a few things sometimes to see those links. :)

firemagius

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out my problem with the heart canisters. If you go into the equipment menu through the "Book" (near your head and the Baubles menu) you can only put one canister per color. However, if you go into the Armor menu (above the inventory window and beside the crafting table), you can place multiples of each canister type.

I discovered this after accidentally dying. Kids, never drink and fill your blood altar using self-sacrifice ....

Ictoo

Jul 29, 2019
I know this isn't the place for this but i just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

Using Sphax 64bit textures and i get this(Video below) after killing anything.... (most of the time it just crashes my graphics driver) When i take off the texture pack its 100% stable.

If anyone can help/has had this problem please give me a hand :p If not please ignore me!

Deme1983

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys I have another question I am having issues with the Zone Planner not updating to my map I cant seem to plan a area for my BC Robot with a Farm

picture of reference if needed
OsQKBtT.jpg

if anyone knows how to get the Zone Planner to update let me know I have tried to update it by breaking it and re-place it on the ground and its the same pic that doesn't work
also if I am in full-screen and right click it crashes my game.. not sure if you can tell but the map is overlapping itself 3 times in the pic the map don't move the way it should but it keeps the image and puts it over the image where I move it to

also as a note im using the PureBDCraft texture pack so I don't know its a issue with the texture pack or not

JazParks

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys not sure if anyone else has come across this but I tried acquiring some new trees by using the Alchemy catalyst but when I drop a tree into my mana pool I hear the noise but don't get the sapling. I wanted to see if anyone else experiences this before passing on to Vazkkii and/or Phoenix

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys not sure if anyone else has come across this but I tried acquiring some new trees by using the Alchemy catalyst but when I drop a tree into my mana pool I hear the noise but don't get the sapling. I wanted to see if anyone else experiences this before passing on to Vazkkii and/or Phoenix
If there are endoflames near, they are eating your saplings

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
How can i unlock crucible of souls in thaumcraft? (the only quests in thaumcraft i have are the voidmetal and this)

I was having the same problem for the longest time. Finally I figured out that if I had progressed all the way through Automated Alchemy research in the Alchemy tab, I also needed to perform Magic Tallow, Flesh Purification, and Brain Sanitation research.

I still consider myself i thaumcraft noob as my only exposure to the mod has been with the regrowth modpack. What I am trying to say is that the steps I have just listed may or may not be complete.

S

Samug

Vanilla enchanting table ignores any means of modded enchanting boosters, I checked mana pylons and bookshelfs from Automagy. Is it a bug, or is it intended?

Death_Rictus

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys I have another question I am having issues with the Zone Planner not updating to my map I cant seem to plan a area for my BC Robot with a Farm

if anyone knows how to get the Zone Planner to update let me know I have tried to update it by breaking it and re-place it on the ground and its the same pic that doesn't work
also if I am in full-screen and right click it crashes my game.. not sure if you can tell but the map is overlapping itself 3 times in the pic the map don't move the way it should but it keeps the image and puts it over the image where I move it to

also as a note im using the PureBDCraft texture pack so I don't know its a issue with the texture pack or not

No idea what the problem is, but I can offer a workaround: Use landmarks. Once the grid is established you can right click the primary landmark with the map and it'll take the information from them.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla enchanting table ignores any means of modded enchanting boosters, I checked mana pylons and bookshelfs from Automagy. Is it a bug, or is it intended?
I use the pylons myself, I know they work (unless they broke in 0.8.7/0.8.8). Are you sure you have 1 air block between the table and the pylons? They still follow placement rules like bookshelves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sn3akr

Jul 29, 2019
Can't plant magical crops.. Anyone else having that issue?

Did they get disabled??? recipe seems to be gone too!

Works in my old world, and my testworld, but not in my newest??? (new world was generated in 0.8.7)

Playing on latest update 0.8.8

Last edited:

Snyper82

Jul 29, 2019
Serious lag, v0.8.8 never played before. I dropped video settings (no clouds, fast graphics, less particles) and still a horrible lag, even the menu screen lags.

My F3: 1-2 fps, spiking to 4 at times :(

*playing from curse client

Last edited: