[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
If you are waiting for plants to grow, you are doing it wrong. Specially in regrowth, because there are not weeds.

* To improve stats of seeds, prepare a line of 15 more or less crops, plant 1 seed and go do something else
* To crossbread, don't do just 1 cross. Do like 6 at the same time. Crossbread can fail, but if you have 6 chances, is more probable to get the cross.
* While waiting, specially in early game, expand your base. Place a 2 or 3 high wall around everything.

Yeah I know, This isn't my first run through regrowth just had to restart due to a derp:
Due to a huge mistake on my part it looks like i'll be going into 0.8.6 with a new world
Decided to move the location of my base by shoving everything into ME Drives then into chests within chest into bags within a chest in my inventory.
Turns out all that data in ones inventory is too much for the client to handle and crashes on entering the world.

On the bright side i was getting bored with having everything and wanted a fresh start, now's my chance.

p455w0rd

Jul 29, 2019
It needs a VERY large flat area, and people were saying that grass/dirt was the best to do it on. Cracked sand (being a modded special block from Quantum) may be causing it to glitch and see it as an invalid block.

Basically just find or make a very large flat area away from your base. Various items in the pack can help with flattening or converting.

Anything within the "borders" of the village will be removed when they build expansions. It's in the help text for Millenaire, press M to read and check out village chunks.
Thank you. I actually had thought about that, and oddly enough, I did get it to work once on the cracked sand, but I'll give the grass thing a try using the botania exchange wand (shifting crust I think). atm i have an area of probably 100x100 blocks cleared, so If that isn't sufficient, I give up.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. I actually had thought about that, and oddly enough, I did get it to work once on the cracked sand, but I'll give the grass thing a try using the botania exchange wand (shifting crust I think). atm i have an area of probably 100x100 blocks cleared, so If that isn't sufficient, I give up.
Shifting crust is correct, wearing the manaweave armor will make it faster as it increases the area per click.
Also the Rod of the Terra Firma will let you flatten land out to the level you're standing on, sloping to account for natural terrain so it doesn't look like you cut a chunk of the land out. (or fixing it if you did already :p )

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
i was so flabbergasted that the collapable block frm carpenters actually now can beplaced upside down <3

Raev82

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, So I solved my farming issues. Seems even though I added copper electron tubes, I neglected to make the farm manual. So that's since been fixed and its working amazing.

I have a new problem. I am using a storage bus on the side of a vanilla chest to determine item count. Problem is, simply that its not working. Please advise. Screen shots added.

http://imgur.com/a/1n54C

Deme1983

Jul 29, 2019
hey thephoenixlodge I have found a bug in the 8.5 update if you have a greater band of mana equipped and you right click a ring from your hot-bar to replace the currently equipped one it changes that ring into the greater ring of mana, I had a greater ring of magnetization then I right clicked it to equip it and it changed into a greater ring of mana of which I had in the second ring slot. then I tested it on a regular ring of magnetization and it too changed into a greater ring of mana

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
hey thephoenixlodge I have found a bug in the 8.5 update if you have a greater band of mana equipped and you right click a ring from your hot-bar to replace the currently equipped one it changes that ring into the greater ring of mana, I had a greater ring of magnetization then I right clicked it to equip it and it changed into a greater ring of mana of which I had in the second ring slot. then I tested it on a regular ring of magnetization and it too changed into a greater ring of mana

Is actually replacing them with a greater ring of mana, or is it just swapping out the Greater Ring of Mana that you're wearing for the ring you're clicking with, and leaving the other ring slot empty? Because that's what mine does, and it is so tedious. You'd think that it would prioritize an empty slot over a slot with an item in, but it doesn't.

Also, I would recommend that you actually get a mana mirror and link that to whatever pool you have that stays fullest, and leave the ring of mana at home and replace it with something else - a lucky ring from witching gadgets, or a runic shielding ring, or the ring of far reach. I'm using the Ring of Far Reach and I love it, I have an ~8 block click/tool use range with it. Seems costly but it's fantastically cheap for what it enables.

Deme1983

Jul 29, 2019
well this is what im using I have full terrasteel armor terrasteel sword and greater ring of aura in the second slot and I had the greater ring of mana in the equipped slot then I tried to equip the greater ring of magnetization and it took the greater ring of mana out but instead of just swapping the rin it changed the ring into another ring of mana, then I made another ring of magnetization the regular one and tried it again and it changed it again into a greater ring of mana so now I have 3 fully charged greater rings of mana when I only made one but im now 2 ring of magnetization (one greater) short

[I like the aura ring because it repairs the armor and sword as I use them]

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Well, yeah, it produces mana, so botania stuff gets repaired by the mana it produces. However, a mana mirror links to your mana production setup, so you'll eventually have access to however much mana you have set up for that. I've got over 30 mana pools linked to a single dominant spark pool with my mana mirror on it, so I have ~35 million mana to fiddle around with, which refills at the rate of 40 endoflames. I can use a rod of terra firma all day long and barely touch my mana reserves. A band of aura however, only produces 20 mana/sec, and a greater ring of mana only holds 4 million mana. Which is fine early to mid, but I've drained my mana storing items dry with stuff like the shifting crust and terra firma on several occasions before. Now with a mana mirror, I don't think I can ever run out unless I try really, really hard... and get a couple more players to use it as well.

Also, I've found that I much prefer the thaumcraft option. Next step for me is the void thaumaturge's robe set, and probably some boots of the comet.

Deme1983

Jul 29, 2019
well I just got to terrasteel stuff and I just turned my rings into greaters and the first thing I did was hotbar swap the rings and doup the ring and remove the one I needed its still a glitch

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
I have 3 fully charged greater rings of mana when I only made one but im now 2 ring of magnetization (one greater) short

I think that's a bug in botania. Every time I end up with a dupe ring, I just toss it in chest. Now I don't use right click to equip rings anymore, I go to the baubles inventories screen instead.

Noiro

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone please test the kinetic girdle? I'm wearing bound armor with tinkers hearts and the kinetic girdle and sometimes when it breaks, it damages me like 20 hearts in the explosion. I was fairly certain it wasn't supposed to hurt me at all. If mobs hit me and it explodes, it doesn't always hurt me. I can fairly consistently get it if I use the staff of the primal and aim it at the ground to breach my defense. When I shoot myself without runic shielding, it does way less damage than when the girdle goes off. Why does the girdle hurt me?

Bob2351723

Jul 29, 2019
is this a thing in the latest version?
It was as of the posting of my original message. I had to update the server mod files to match the .86 client. Not a biggie, just took time.
After the update from .84, I would crash when accessing the HQM journal. Again, not a big deal as were tossing up a new world at the moment.

Bob

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
is this a thing in the latest version?

I downloaded the server files just a few days ago and they worked great for me. I moved a SSP world over to a newly built SMP server. The only problem I had was that Inventory Tweaks was missing on the server files. Once I copied that over everything was hunky dory.

DinantHonings

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble with JABBA barrels? Every time I start the game back up the contents of my barrels get swapped around at seeming random, breaking any bspace connections I have.

MettleSlime

Jul 29, 2019
Flux Gas collision with carpenter's blocks causes a CTD. Any time the gas touches any side of a carpenter's block (wedge or square) it causes a crash to desktop. I've observed this since 0.8.3 on two playthroughs. Stuck right now. Can't load my world.

Crash report: http://pastebin.com/sG828Xrf

Any workaround to load my world until there's a fix would be appreciated. Great pack, can't stop playing. Well, except for now anyway...

Shank2000

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble with JABBA barrels? Every time I start the game back up the contents of my barrels get swapped around at seeming random, breaking any bspace connections I have.

Yes, I am having the same issue. . .Do you have two sets in close proximity?