[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
you may have the pit wrong or moved, you don't need any potions, if you want to see it workin PM me and ill invite you on the server.
What ranged weapon do you use? I didn't move, and here's my build:
2015-11-18_21.40.21.jpg
2015-11-18_21.38.48.jpg

Last edited:

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
For a blast furnice, I need infernal brick which is 1 from 1 fitted infernal stone WHICH IS 1 from 1 infernal block. Does anyone else see the pointlessness of this? Just skip the two 1to1 crafting steps!

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
What ranged weapon do you use?
The only ranged weapons that work are those that aren't projectile based. In other words things like the shock focus or the terra blade's beam attack, nothing like a bow and arrow, as the guardian borrows some tricks from the endermen (it teleports out the way).

I usually use full terrasteel armor and a terra blade, along with a regeneration pendant and an assortment of brews, along with some sort of aoe weapon to help on the add phase.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
For a blast furnice, I need infernal brick which is 1 from 1 fitted infernal stone WHICH IS 1 from 1 infernal block. Does anyone else see the pointlessness of this? Just skip the two 1to1 crafting steps!
Everything in this pack is extra complicated to craft. Thats where the difficulty that magic crops removed is pit back in.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, you're missing the single best item for fighting the Gaia Guardian - the Infernal wand from Forbidden Magic, in the Apocrypha tab. If it's in your inventory, it completely negates any Wither effect. You get the pride shards required for crafting it from killing the Wither in the Nether, and the Superbia essentia can be gotten from gold tools & armour, swords especially.

When combined with Terrasteel armour, it makes the first Gaia Guardian extremely easy - no potions required, no regen necklaces, just things to hit it with. Better yet, the infernal wand has the same vis capacity as a silverwood wand, so it's fully functional as a day-to-day wand, as well.

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something special I need to do to add books to my Enchiridon library? I've got a handful, but it doesn't seem to update when I get a new book.

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
Short video of a gaia2 in the pit.

Like I say in a earlier post, call it cheating if you like.
Haha Vazkii might fix that bug now you made a video of it :p... Some people will definitely find it cheaty... I'll have to try this :D But I also fight the first many endermen hiding under a 2 block tall roof, some people might call that cheating too...

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something special I need to do to add books to my Enchiridon library? I've got a handful, but it doesn't seem to update when I get a new book.
I was wondering the same thing. My thaumanomicon won't add. I have seen in other packs an "add" button. Any way to force it to see a book would be useful.

haisho

Jul 29, 2019
Haha Vazkii might fix that bug now you made a video of it :p... Some people will definitely find it cheaty... I'll have to try this :D But I also fight the first many endermen hiding under a 2 block tall roof, some people might call that cheating too...
It would be somewhat cheaty, but testing on my end with an exact copy of the arena (all the way down to blocks used) nets me a result similar to what Prymus AC has: damaging the Gaia Guardian in any way causes it to aggro and warp all over the place, occasionally breaking the slabs and being a big pain in the rear to fight.

So there's an inconsistency somewhere that isn't very apparent.

DarkWidow

Jul 29, 2019
I am just having the problem of not being able to update to the latest pack or server for that matter (ftb launcher is not wanting to update anything) i had to look around to find the 0.8.2, but i know the 0.8.4 is out and i would like to play that with the added quests it has. anyone know where the server file is for the 0.8.4?

oOMitchOo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing version 0.8.4 of regrowth and the melting of limestone seems to be broken for me.
2015_11_19_15_41_54.png

What am I doing wrong? Also: the chisel limestone won't work either.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Gentlebeings:

Question for the assembled wisdom: Is there a way to get a Hopperhock or an Item Frame to ignore metadata? I am trying to use a Hopperhock to pick up essences from the farm, put them in a hopper feeding a Crafty Crate, and then pick up the results and put them in a chest. Crafty Crates are somewhat un-cheap to make and the Dragon's Scottish soul would rather not make one for each essence available.

Baring that, how can you get an Ender Pearl into an item frame without breaking the pearl?

Reactions: Pudding01

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
It would be somewhat cheaty, but testing on my end with an exact copy of the arena (all the way down to blocks used) nets me a result similar to what Prymus AC has: damaging the Gaia Guardian in any way causes it to aggro and warp all over the place, occasionally breaking the slabs and being a big pain in the rear to fight.

So there's an inconsistency somewhere that isn't very apparent.

I have used this in about 4 worlds, at first I had the same with the Gaia teleporting away, but I found you need to stand right in the corner and not move, I also have all 6 relics in my regrowth world just to give you some kind of idea how many times I have fort the Gaia, and not died once to it.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Gentlebeings:

Question for the assembled wisdom: Is there a way to get a Hopperhock or an Item Frame to ignore metadata? I am trying to use a Hopperhock to pick up essences from the farm, put them in a hopper feeding a Crafty Crate, and then pick up the results and put them in a chest. Crafty Crates are somewhat un-cheap to make and the Dragon's Scottish soul would rather not make one for each essence available.

Baring that, how can you get an Ender Pearl into an item frame without breaking the pearl?
I have the hopperhawk dump everything into an open crate that drops onto an obsidian pipe then filter with diamond pipes. Like this:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?posts/1467995

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing version 0.8.4 of regrowth and the melting of limestone seems to be broken for me.
2015_11_19_15_41_54.png

What am I doing wrong? Also: the chisel limestone won't work either.
Not sure. I rarely put either limestone into the crucible furnace. I cook the mariculture limestone in a furnace to get "smooth limestone". 1000mb to a block. Much easier ratio of stone to water. And takes less limestone.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I have the hopperhawk dump everything into an open crate that drops onto an obsidian pipe then filter with diamond pipes. Like this:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?posts/1467995
Yes, that will work (nice setup and I may wind up using it) but you are doing what I am trying to avoid, which is make a separate Crafty Crate for each essence. I'm lazy and fiercely proud of it. Your system is good in that you don't have to worry about harvesting in multiples of 8. I'm not up to golems or robots yet so my fields are set up so that a couple of swipes with a scythe takes care of things. Just trying to eliminate manual steps until i can achieve full "fire and forget" automation.