[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I just got wiped out by the Gaia Guardian, twice. I have fully enchanted Elementium armour, Terra Blade with Sharpness 4, loads of incense sticks and flasks, I drank an entire Flask of Instant Health II (8) and that wasn't enough. I'm trying to stay out of the purple. Is there a better weapon I can use? I don't have a decent supply of Manyullin yet.

haisho

Jul 29, 2019
Regular Guardian or Guardian 2.0?
Regardless of which, Instant Health flasks just won't cut it. You'll want Flasks of Resistance, Absorption and Regeneration 2. Just pre-buff with all three, and reapply Absorption when it runs out so that Regeneration can heal up your actual health bar.

IIRC, Incense sticks have to be buried under the arena to affect you as they'll be suppressed by the Guardian, but they aren't strictly necessary.

Beyond that, it's just a fight that takes a while to clear. A Terra Blade with Sharpness 4 should be sufficient enough.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Heya folks, I've just made the jump from 0.8.1 to 0.8.4 and I've got most of my quest book sorted out but I'm stuck at the wand focus in Thaumcraft. I'm at a dead end so any help would be appreciated

Edit Nevermind, it unlocked with either Nether Quartz or 3 of the wands I just pulled out of AE

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, In the quest "Not that kind of Coke" I crafted 6 of the oven bricks and the book thinks I crafted 21 of them...

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, In the quest "Not that kind of Coke" I crafted 6 of the oven bricks and the book thinks I crafted 21 of them...
The recipe returns several blocks per craft. The book is supposed to check for total returned blocks, not just crafting events.

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
That's damn impressive! It's far more sophisticated than mine ended up being - I found out that I had my golem set up the wrong way, so it's functional now. Barely functional, but it's there!

It's nowhere near as fancy as yours, but it's a start!
8FgNEyl.jpg

The gate is set to emit a redstone signal (carried via redcrystal, because I find it so much easier to use) when there's an item in the inventory or when the LP is below 25%, so it only turns off the redstone signal when it's got enough LP to make a reinforced plate, and when there's room in the altar to put it in. This means the golem is only active for the moment it takes it to move the item from the chest next to it, to the altar, so it won't get off of the fetter. Otherwise, it will put stones in the altar when there's not enough LP, and waste some of it :(

xQrNrnD.png

The currently deactivated golem is set to put 1, and only 1, either of livingrock or a botanical slate. I'm thinking I may drop the livingrock from it, as botanical slates are easier to automate and use less LP!

qqon9xu.png

The last golem is set to extract reinforced slates, and only reinforced slates. My next step will be to set up more fetters with Golemic Inhibitors from Automagy, set to individual golems, that will each be set to take out a different slate. I'll then stick levers on them, similar to your design, and voila, I can define which type I'll be making!

lcWBjIV.png

It's not as automated as yours is, and I need to set up a better way to fill it with LP, likely a spawning room with a well of suffering, but before I can do rituals, I need a lot of reinforced slates! But now that I've got my golem the right way around (!), it's smoother sailing from here on out. :)

I didn't start out with it all at once either ;) build it small steps at a time with levers in the basement and input/output in a single chest in the basement, then got tired of having to jump into the basement all the time and moved output and levers up besides my altar... You golem setup is cool too, and easy to expand for the other types of slates with more golems. Due to only having 4 types of pipe wire I don't know if I even can expand my setup to the last tier of slate. I'll have to see about that when time comes.

Partly automating is a huge step on the way to fully automating! :D

EDIT: thinking a bit about the limits of 4 pipe wires... I guess I could add a condition for all other pipe wires to be off, then make the 5th slate a combination of 2 types of pipe wire. The real challenge then lies in that I can only put 4 gates on the emerald pipe. So I have to come up with some clever way to be able to extract more than 4 different types of slates with only 4 gates.

Last edited:

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019

I've had that happen too. I think it has to do with what crafting table you use (vanilla vs TiCon) and if you shift-click craft or not. I can never reproduce it consistently. At least the error is in your favor in this case!

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I just got wiped out by the Gaia Guardian, twice. I have fully enchanted Elementium armour, Terra Blade with Sharpness 4, loads of incense sticks and flasks, I drank an entire Flask of Instant Health II (8) and that wasn't enough. I'm trying to stay out of the purple. Is there a better weapon I can use? I don't have a decent supply of Manyullin yet.

Did you try Ring of Far Reaching? Should make smacking the guardian and his pals a lot easier having a longer reach with your sword. I do have a bug where when I log in, I have to unequip and re-equip for the effect to work.

Also as someone else mentioned, take a swig of resistance, speed, regen and strength flasks before you summon, and absorption flasks to keep your extra hearts. Instant health should only be used if you're about to die. TiCon hearts can help too, but you probably don't have any/many trying to kill the guardian the first time. There are probably Thaumcraft and Blood Magic items that help, but I'm not that far along in those trees myself so not sure.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I've had that happen too. I think it has to do with what crafting table you use (vanilla vs TiCon) and if you shift-click craft or not. I can never reproduce it consistently. At least the error is in your favor in this case!
Not really, cause you have to make that many bricks to complete the rest of the quest anyway...

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
You could build, what I call the "Gaia pit", When the Gaia/Gaia 2 is spawned it will stand on the beacon, if you stand under 1 of the pylons it will not move, take it down with any range weapon.
Call it cheating if you like, I think of it as taking the safe way :>)

Attachments

• 2015-11-18_19.01.38.png
    2015-11-18_19.01.38.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
  • 2015-11-18_19.01.56.png
    2015-11-18_19.01.56.png
    672.7 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: PhilHibbs

gakm4

Jul 29, 2019
What i do is make the neklace that gives regen 2 and i have the great fairy ring, the ring of far reach, and the sojorners sash(or however you properly spell that) equipped. I also carry in 3 flask of instant health, 1 resist flask, 1 strength flask, and 1 absorbtion flask.

What you may be able to do is make the regen, strenght, and speed potions from magical crops. Diamond and gold apples are pretty good help for the fight also.

I have been fighting gaia 2 and been using this setup with terrasteel armor for the fights. I will be trying the magic crops potions and using the necklace that gives resistance for my next fight to see if it work any better

You could do all of that or make the gaia pit like the other person made up to you... i will keep with my legitimate fighting for now

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
With Blood Magic you can make some pretty powerful potions. Strength IV, Absorption IV, Speed IV all for 5-10 minutes should be good for the fight. That did the trick for me :)... Still a tough battle though. I didn't bother going through the hassle of making greater catalyst instead I got them from trading with a pech forager from Thaumcraft. I had done some trading earlier to get silverwood saplings and mana beans, so already had 10 of each greater catalyst lying around.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You could build, what I call the "Gaia pit", When the Gaia/Gaia 2 is spawned it will stand on the beacon, if you stand under 1 of the pylons it will not move, take it down with any range weapon.
Call it cheating if you like, I think of it as taking the safe way :>)
Nah, it wiped me out again. It was teleporting all over and leaving purple stuff under me.

*Edit* Then when I tried again, the game crashed just after using the terasteel ingot and quaffing the first flask.

*Edit* Dead again. Ranged weapons do nothing, not TiCo crossbows nor vanilla bows.

I'm seriously thinking about giving up. I had a few more goes, I've gone through about 10 Terrasteel Ingots and about 20 flasks, half in an open space and half in this "Gaia Pit" that I can't get to work. Shame, I was enjoying Regrowth until I hit this brick wall. Maybe I'll come back to this when I have done some Blood Magic, if that isn't behind this quest gate.

Last edited:

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, it wiped me out again. It was teleporting all over and leaving purple stuff under me.

*Edit* Then when I tried again, the game crashed just after using the terasteel ingot and quaffing the first flask.
you may have the pit wrong or moved, you don't need any potions, if you want to see it workin PM me and ill invite you on the server.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019

*Edit* Dead again. Ranged weapons do nothing, not TiCo crossbows nor vanilla bows.

I'm seriously thinking about giving up. I had a few more goes, I've gone through about 10 Terrasteel Ingots and about 20 flasks, half in an open space and half in this "Gaia Pit" that I can't get to work. Shame, I was enjoying Regrowth until I hit this brick wall. Maybe I'll come back to this when I have done some Blood Magic, if that isn't behind this quest gate.
Living wood wand with lightning focus is the only ranged weapong I've seen work.

Go farm the wither. With your armor and a tainted blood resistance potion it should be pretty easy. Box him in with warded glass or focus of warding to make it easier. Yellow hearts can be made into red hearts so you can just keep at the wither untill you have 10 red and 10 yellow cases. Then keep at it until you have another 10 stack if yellow. Eating one heals 10 hearts instantly. Truely instantly.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: PhilHibbs