[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I did that for the longest time as well. Finally made a covered porch so I could 'coward kill' one.

I usually just go get oysters and setup a oyster farm. Easiest way to get ender pearls early game. Most of the time i don't even bother to kill an enderman anymore to complete the quest. Usually end up killing one by mistake once i am in terrasteel armor.

Reactions: Pudding01

DanH

Jul 29, 2019
I'm enjoying this pack but I'm having issues with Bees. I've never tried them in a normal modded game that has bioms. We create the one set of hive and then get a few more through Alchemical something under a mana pool.

I've tried all the different types of bees that I could access so far. Only Modest Hives will work at all. Actuallyl the water ones do too if I put them on the coast. Tropical, Forest, and Meadows all don't work. Just swallows the Drone and immediately says don't work in this biom.

My next bee quest is to built the suit and hat but I can't because I have no way of getting silky combs. What can I do? Do I have to wait til end game so I can use Witchery to create bioms?

Thanks.

haisho

Jul 29, 2019
I'm enjoying this pack but I'm having issues with Bees. I've never tried them in a normal modded game that has bioms. We create the one set of hive and then get a few more through Alchemical something under a mana pool.

I've tried all the different types of bees that I could access so far. Only Modest Hives will work at all. Actuallyl the water ones do too if I put them on the coast. Tropical, Forest, and Meadows all don't work. Just swallows the Drone and immediately says don't work in this biom.

My next bee quest is to built the suit and hat but I can't because I have no way of getting silky combs. What can I do? Do I have to wait til end game so I can use Witchery to create bioms?

Thanks.
You'll need to get a biome suitable for them. There are pretty much three ways to do this:

a) Plant Silverwood Saplings and pray for a tree with a node in it. If it does, it'll slowly convert a small area into a Magical Forest biome which Meadows and Forest bees will work in. To get Tropical bees working in there, you'll need to go through some extra Acclimatizer shenanigans to get them to work. The good news is that this is actually pretty early and you'll probably be set up for some gene engineering if you opt for the Acclimatizer. The bad news is that the biome conversion process is quite slow, the first Silverwood Sapling is a pain to get and the Acclimatizer runs on RNG shenanigans.

b) Look into Witching Gadgets, get that biome conversion machine and let it work its wonders. I never really touched it because I dislike dealing with Essentia, but it works and there's a research that allows you to turn the area into a more suitable biome.

c) Progress through Witchery, get a coven and use a Rite of Shifting Seasons. Compared to Silverwood Saplings, the amount of things you'll have to prepare are monumental, and depending on your luck with world gen, even getting a coven can prove difficult. However, once you do have everything set up, this is probably the best method available in Regrowth as it allows you to instantly swap biomes at the drop of a hat, provided you have all the necessary ingredients.

Last edited:

Ria

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks.
I haven't done much with bees myself, but here's what I do know.

1. You should have queens now, because that's where your drone went, it bred the princess and the drone. I don't think the queens take any damage until they actually start producing, so you should still have viable stock.

2. Make a beealyser. There's no quest to make one that I know of, but you DO need one. Probably what's happening is your tropicals have tolerances for Hot/Damp climates, and wastelands are Hot/Arid, while oceans and beaches are Normal/Normal, I think. If you've got some power, steam engines will work, build an acclimatizer. You put your bees in and feed it with items to tweak their tolerances. Sand adjusts their humidity tolerance towards drier, and snowballs (easiest way to do it if you have snowbell plants up and running) tweak the temp tolerance to cooler. If you can get +/- 2 tolerances, your bees should live anywhere you can get to right now. Once you've adjusted your breeding stock, the tolerances *should* be passed down without issue.

3. Make sure you have the right plants nearby for the bees. I believe tropicals need ferns and vines, you may need to do some work with mutandis or an alchemy catalyst to get it.

Unfortunately, I haven't done much more than that with bees, so I'm not sure what else to tell you as far as breeding, but that should get you started.

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
Getting vines should be an easy task when you get to bees :) 7 nature essence gives you 16 vines. Vines also compost. I had a ton of nature essence and practically no use for it until I started composting vines. You'll get a nice amount of garden soil in no time :D

I didn't know about the acclimatiser, so I ended up not caring about the quest line and just started breeding bees in a Magical Forest to get the imperial and industrious in order to get an alveary going. Later I figured out that Transmutive bees produce silky combs and they will work perfectly fine in a Magical Forest. It took a little while to breed them, but now I'm just waiting for them to produce enough silky combs. You need a ton to get enough silk wisps. Soul frames helps breeding faster and getting higher chance of mutation.

And by the way, for silverwood saplings... Once you get lucky enough to get your first magical forest setup a dark room and wait for a Pech Forager to spawn. Gambling for gold blocks will get you silverwood saplings much quicker than having to go through the crafting process. I used a name tag to name mine so he won't despawn on me. I think that is the only way to get mana beans as well (not sure if there are other ways)-

Last edited:
Reactions: An0nymuS

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Getting vines should be an easy task when you get to bees :) 7 nature essence gives you 16 vines. Vines also compost. I had a ton of nature essence and practically no use for it until I started composting vines. You'll get a nice amount of garden soil in no time :D

I didn't know about the acclimatiser, so I ended up not caring about the quest line and just started breeding bees in a Magical Forest to get the imperial and industrious in order to get an alveary going. Later I figured out that Transmutive bees produce silky combs and they will work perfectly fine in a Magical Forest. It took a little while to breed them, but now I'm just waiting for them to produce enough silky combs. You need a ton to get enough silk wisps. Soul frames helps breeding faster and getting higher chance of mutation.

Pumpkins are hands down the best crop for composting - a single 10/10/10 crop produces 4 pumpkins, each of which can be turned into 4 seeds. That's not quite double the yield compared to nature essence, and since pumpkins are a normal crop they also grow faster. That's not just speculation, I currently have four farm plots set up that exactly fit a hopperhock's range and three of them only have magical seeds and the fourth is completely barley. The barley crops don't even get harvested fully - the robot makes it just past halfway through the plot before the first area has regrown. Which means that, assuming you can harvest them as often as they're ready, pumpkin crops have an estimated four times the yield compared nature essence crops, thanks to both growth speed and per-block yield.

Plus pumpkin seeds can be squeezed for seed oil to make alvearies.

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
Pumpkins are hands down the best crop for composting - a single 10/10/10 crop produces 4 pumpkins, each of which can be turned into 4 seeds. That's not quite double the yield compared to nature essence, and since pumpkins are a normal crop they also grow faster. That's not just speculation, I currently have four farm plots set up that exactly fit a hopperhock's range and three of them only have magical seeds and the fourth is completely barley. The barley crops don't even get harvested fully - the robot makes it just past halfway through the plot before the first area has regrown. Which means that, assuming you can harvest them as often as they're ready, pumpkin crops have an estimated four times the yield compared nature essence crops, thanks to both growth speed and per-block yield.

Plus pumpkin seeds can be squeezed for seed oil to make alvearies.

Can't argue with math like that - thanks for the tip! :)

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019

And by the way, for silverwood saplings... Once you get lucky enough to get your first magical forest setup a dark room and wait for a Pech Forager to spawn. Gambling for gold blocks will get you silverwood saplings much quicker than having to go through the crafting process. I used a name tag to name mine so he won't despawn on me. I think that is the only way to get mana beans as well (not sure if there are other ways)-
Magic bees added a mana steel grafter (I think that's the name) if you break leaves with it you get many many many more sapling. Works on silverwood. (Maybe not on witchry trees tho) and since its mana steel it self repairs unlike other grafters that break after a handful of uses.

Should be under misc or items in a category called naturalists something or other in the lexica.

Sorry for the vaguities long night at work.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Silwing

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
Magic bees added a mana steel grafter (I think that's the name) if you break leaves with it you get many many many more sapling. Works on silverwood. (Maybe not on witchry trees tho) and since its mana steel it self repairs unlike other grafters that break after a handful of uses.

Should be under misc or items in a category called naturalists something or other in the lexica.

Sorry for the vaguities long night at work.

Oh I actually didn't think the Manasteel grafter worked on Silverwood trees, grafters didn't work with silverwood last time I played with Thaumcraft... Well then that's the way to go for sure! Crazy cheap for 1 mana steel, when you have a decent mana production going to fuel it.

Reactions: Pudding01

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I actually didn't think the Manasteel grafter worked on Silverwood trees, grafters didn't work with silverwood last time I played with Thaumcraft... Well then that's the way to go for sure! Crazy cheap for 1 mana steel, when you have a decent mana production going to fuel it.
My stack of saplings are either credit to the grafter or the RNG broke because I don't think i broke more than two or three trees worth of leaves.

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks.
You can do bees in 2 biomes that show up on the map before converting them becomes available. Beach, near larger bodies of water and sinister node chunks. Both have temporate climates.

You will need a beealyzer to make sure your bees like the biome and an acclimatizer for the jungle bees. They will need modification to accept any climate currently on the map.

I have my distilled bees working in a sinister node chunk just fine.

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of 10/10/10 Pumpkin (with 16 seeds per 1 patch), many uses include;
using it for botania via the petal apothecary
compost for garden soil
seed oil for forestry
best choice for bio fuel (Mekanism)
exchange into Coco beans using botania
breeding chickens
placing the pumpkin down to boost a witchery alter
wearing a pumpkin as a hat.
and many, many more

Reactions: Silwing

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Thanks.

Building on the Beealyzer issue - once you know your bee's tolerances, you'll have a better possibility of getting them to work. Most bees will have an Up/Down/Both indicator on each tolerance (Temperature and Humidity). Temperature has 6 ranges (Hellish, Hot, Warm, Normal, Cold, Icy) and Humidity has 3 (Arid, Normal, Damp). Wasteland is Hot/Arid, and just about everything else naturally occurring in this pack is Normal/Normal (including sinister nodes, and ocean biome). Unless something has been tweaked, you should be able to find some Tropical bees with a '1 Both' tolerance on temperature and on Humidity. This bee will work in a Normal/Normal environment, as long as you have vines nearby (I slapped down 4 Jungle saplings to make a 2x2 tree for that. Once the bees get started, you'll never need to make vines again.)

(Apologies for the lengthy post. I kinda went nuts with the bee thing back in the last version.)

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism upgrades require Botanica runes ? Oh god, how do I automate that with ae ?
Its really easy to automate runes with ME, all you need is a interface next to a open crate with a toggle buss inline on the cable that connects the interface to the ME system. Using a comparator or remote comparator and crystal eye, to send a redstone signal to the toggle bus and a golem or any other means of activating the alter. Do the crafting paten for the runes with the living rock in the first space and rest of the recipe after.
If using hopperhawks to pick to the runes set it not to pickup living rock.
The way it works is that as soon as the alter starts crafting outputting a redstone signal of 1, it turns off the toggle buss shutting down the interface, so only allowing 1 set of items to be dropped this is why you need the living rock to be in the first space of the recipe as it will be the first item to drop . As soon as it as the altar as finished crafting the toggle buss is turned back on, 5 or so seconds later the interface will come back online.
If done right you can craft multiple runes, also to craft all runes inc T3 runes like Wrath from start to finish.

Reactions: fefocwb

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Building on the Beealyzer issue - once you know your bee's tolerances, you'll have a better possibility of getting them to work. Most bees will have an Up/Down/Both indicator on each tolerance (Temperature and Humidity). Temperature has 6 ranges (Hellish, Hot, Warm, Normal, Cold, Icy) and Humidity has 3 (Arid, Normal, Damp). Wasteland is Hot/Arid, and just about everything else naturally occurring in this pack is Normal/Normal (including sinister nodes, and ocean biome). Unless something has been tweaked, you should be able to find some Tropical bees with a '1 Both' tolerance on temperature and on Humidity. This bee will work in a Normal/Normal environment, as long as you have vines nearby (I slapped down 4 Jungle saplings to make a 2x2 tree for that. Once the bees get started, you'll never need to make vines again.)

(Apologies for the lengthy post. I kinda went nuts with the bee thing back in the last version.)
Also the river biomes you sometimes can find. (visually there's VERY little difference)

Featherbrain

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know where I can get extra vis discount. I have all the cloths and a thaumium bossed silverwood sceptor. I still need 7,5 vis to make an Elementium kissed dreamwood staff.

Found it bewitched leggings/robe

Last edited:

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019
How can I automate putting in one block at a time into the blood altar? I thought I could try using a Fill golem, set to precise amount, but apparently the golem doesn't understand how to put things in the altar?

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
How can I automate putting in one block at a time into the blood altar? I thought I could try using a Fill golem, set to precise amount, but apparently the golem doesn't understand how to put things in the altar?
Mekanism Logistical sorter, do item filter with max size of 1