[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
1- what is the random wizardy tower spawn things that have pigmen.

2. Do forestry multi farms work with agricraft now?

Stuw2k

Jul 29, 2019
firstly i apologize as im sure somewhere in the last 600+ pages this bug regarding the botania mortar and pestle has been mentioned but here goes

found a bug with botania mortar & pestle where every time you use it, at least, on wheat > flour it dupes the mortar

eg you put 1 m&p and 64 wheat in your grid and shift click, you get 64 m&ps spat out onto the ground while your still in the crafting window.

Dracology

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with coven witches. Yesterday they were interested in joining my coven, today they don't recognize my skills in the arts. Which is odd given I have a familiar and a coven of 2 right now..

One of the witches yesterday also gave me a quest to kill their pet.. did so and it acted like i hadn't likely due to it being a skeleton that turned into one of those crawly skeletons. But all in all I'm just having heaps of problems with the witches and it seems like some rituals want more coven witches than the book or the quest book say I need for it.

[edit] okay so re-summoning my familiar made them want to join again. But now im still stuck. I have a coven of 6 witches and still cant summon a flame imp that according to the quest book only needs 1 and according to the witchery book shouldnt need any.

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is the Runic Altar recipe for Redstone Seeds bugged? I can't get it to work, I'm fairly sure I've got all the right ingredients.
Rose Red, Button, Whiff of Magic, Rune of Mana, Essence Seeds, 4 x Strong essence. I tried Floral Red Powder instead of Rose Red, no difference.

Nothing happens when I right-click the alter with the wand, there's plenty of mana being supplied.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Runic Altar recipe for Redstone Seeds bugged? I can't get it to work, I'm fairly sure I've got all the right ingredients.
Rose Red, Button, Whiff of Magic, Rune of Mana, Essence Seeds, 4 x Strong essence. I tried Floral Red Powder instead of Rose Red, no difference.

Nothing happens when I right-click the alter with the wand, there's plenty of mana being supplied.
Make sure it is a Stone button and not a Wood one. (Yes, it got me, and probably every other poster on this board.) The picture in NEI does not distinguish between them very well. Particularly if you are (like the Dragon) a color-challenged male.

YH&OS

Last edited:
Reactions: PhilHibbs

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Do the engines explode if they have to much RF stored? I haven't used Forestry/BC/Railcraft engines in a while. I know that TE engines will throttle their RF production as they start to fill up, but I wasn't seeing that on the Commercial Steam engine I had attached to the boiler. That was my concern and the reason for putting the gates in place.

The last time I really used Railcraft Engines that I can remember, I was in a normal world, so it wasn't uncommon to be running a quarry or similar which then required a heap of furnaces to keep up with ore production and other farms, so energy use was pretty solid.

I think that BC Combustion engines had a tendency to explode if they stored too much power.

My quick google search says that commercial and industrial engines never explode, and hobbyist engines only explode when operating as a boiler. I've never had engines explode, but I've also never had them running on a line with no power drain whatsoever. If you're concerned, hook up a pointless rolling machine since its internal buffer will slowly drain power it will always accept power even when full.

I'm fairly confident that the danger of Steam in Railcraft only comes from trying to add water to a hot, dry boiler.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Make sure it is a Stone button and not a Wood one. (Yes, it got me, and probably every other poster on this board.) The picture in NEI does not distinguish between them very well. Particularly if you are (like the Dragon) a color-challenged male.

YH&OS

I've been known to give dye-lot numbers when someone asks me what color something is - and it got me!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
TL,DR:
The notice on waila for whether or not a plants can grow isn't always accurate. Not exactly sure what the issue was. Still thought it was worth reporting. As it took me two hours to find out that the notice on waila was wrong.
Really having problems with brown mushroom spores. I couldn't seem to get them to grow anywhere. Even though I had successfully gotten them from 00/00/00 to 10/10/10 in the latest patch. Right after I had taken this screenshot they grew a little bit. Even thought they were still showing the same can't grow message. I started looking for a place to grow them at Y:102 in a beach biome. It stated they wouldn't grow there. So I tried again at Y:71 in a wasteland biome. Thinking that I had tried to grow them in to high a area. When that didn't work I decided to try at Y:64. Still didn't work. I thought it might be the biome dependent so kept digging down in a stair till I reached a nearby beach biome at Y:35. Neither the Y level or the biome seemed to matter. I know I had grown them in a well lit area to get them to 10/10/10. As I had gone back to my old base and checked the conditions where I had grown them. It stated there that it was at Y:64 and in a beach biome.

I took this screenshot and noticed right after that they had grown a little. Though it was still stating that they could not grow. I took them back up to the original spot I wanted them to grow at. Planted them and logged out. When I logged back in it stated they could grow. Now, after writing all this I checked them again and they are fully grown.

View attachment 24299
This is interesting, suggests the WAILA integration doesn't correctly realize the changes to light level requirements applied through Minetweaker scripts right away. Calling @InfinityRaider

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Crazy-San

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running a small server for me and a few friends. After the most recent update one of my friends is getting stuck launching at Rendering Setup - Render Global Instance. His Java is up to date and he has deleted and re-downloaded the pack. Any other ideas?

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
So I just lost my world of several weeks - over eight days time played, in fact. When I tried to pick up where I left off, either all of the items on my player shift IDs by 145, or possibly every item, or maybe even every block in the world. It's not entirely clear to me what happened, other than that the last time I had the server running, I was trying to cheatily transfer my fuel supply over to my relocated base area and the stack of void capsules I put into the fuel tank caused its master block to be removed. I cheated in a new fuel supply and carried on - but after saving and closing the server to do other things for a while, resuming was a no-go. Fortunately I have the old save from when I moved over from 0.8.2 still, so I only lost four or five hours of doings... still kinda bummed about having lost most of sunday's work.

Does anyone know why this kind of thing could occur? Obviously I need to start making backups more often, but it would be interesting to know how this mess happens, so I can avoid doing that again. So far the only lesson I've taken away from this is that I need to either give up on my old fuel supply or bite the bullet and just make a rail line from hither to yon and transfer the fuel and oil with tank carts.

Maybe I'll just transition into Forestry bio-fuel instead.

Bluefox009

Jul 29, 2019
Somehow my world won't load anymore, I have had the update since it showed on ftb and haven't fine v anything else different but all of a sudden I can't load it. I end up getting a message saying that the back up level.dat us bring used but nothing i do will loaf the world. I was going to just start a new world but I already had done seeds to level 10 stats, is there any way to use creative mode to cheat in level 10 Stat seeds? I was going to just catch my v world up to where I left off. Thanks in advanced.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Somehow my world won't load anymore, I have had the update since it showed on ftb and haven't fine v anything else different but all of a sudden I can't load it. I end up getting a message saying that the back up level.dat us bring used but nothing i do will loaf the world. I was going to just start a new world but I already had done seeds to level 10 stats, is there any way to use creative mode to cheat in level 10 Stat seeds? I was going to just catch my v world up to where I left off. Thanks in advanced.

During my little expedition into the realm of messed up worlds, I used NBTExplorer to fiddle with my player data, it's completely mod-friendly, so it should let you take any seed and edit it into a 10/10/10 seed. I haven't tried myself so I don't know the exact process on editing it.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, what is broken according to you? Waila integration or MineTweaker integration?
The WAILA. It seems that on the first load of a world WAILA is detecting grow conditions based on what it is before the scripts are applied, at least based on what the person I quoted observed. Hence why despite light level requirements are being changed so the shrooms can grow in any light, WAILA thinks they can only grow in darkness.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
The WAILA. It seems that on the first load of a world WAILA is detecting grow conditions based on what it is before the scripts are applied, at least based on what the person I quoted observed. Hence why despite light level requirements are being changed so the shrooms can grow in any light, WAILA thinks they can only grow in darkness.
Thanks for clarification, I'll look into it.

EDIT: failing to replicate this bug.
51be076a5d.jpg

Last edited:

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019

The Dragon barely remembers having an issue similar to that with the 7.4 world. Not really sure what causes it (some sort of Java funkyness, probably), but the level.dat file got corrupted/emptied. After much spelunking through the file system (almost out of torches) I found a file named level.dat.old that was not empty. Copied that into level.dat and presto-chango, things were back. As near as I could tell, nothing was lost and it only took a couple of therapy (Single Malt) sessions to recover from the trauma.

YH&OS

Last edited:

Kaelthanas

Jul 29, 2019
Millionaire is so glitched on this pack...I can't kill the villagers to destroy the village.
I've tried literally everything I can think of to remove them, damaging them doesn't work unless you use bane of pigs and get lucky enough to finally contact the skillet to their body.

Bluefox009

Jul 29, 2019
The Dragon barely remembers having an issue similar to that with the 7.4 world. Not really sure what causes it (some sort of Java funkyness, probably), but the level.dat file got corrupted/emptied. After much spelunking through the file system (almost out of torches) I found a file named level.dat.old that was not empty. Copied that into level.dat and presto-chango, things were back. As near as I could tell, nothing was lost and it only took a couple of therapy (Single Malt) sessions to recover from the trauma.

YH&OS
Awesome! I will have to hunt that file down. I know it isn't hard to level the stats up but just wasn't looking forward to it. Thanks a lot!