[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Maxxgold

Jul 29, 2019
Liquid Fueled Boiler Firebox #1368:6
Some guys on our server made this item and it crashed a whole chunk of the world. Every time you stepped into that chunk you would get put into an endless loop where your client would crash. I fixed that by /spawn <username> and then it sent them to the global spwan. I had to do that as soon as they logged in or they would get caught in the loop.

The chunk itself had to be deleted; a full chunk re-gen fixed the chunk.

Is this a know issue or is there some workaround for the Liquid Fueled Boiler ?

spiritofmc

Jul 29, 2019
Am i the only one having problems making greatwood saplings grow? I've waited for over 40 minutes IRL and tried both bonemeal and an agricarnation flower. What do?

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge - I wanted to make a case for changing the requirement for Soiled Plans, currently gated behind Spreading the Love.
I was having incredibly bad luck getting the two Mystical White Flowers. Instead of continuing to punch grass, I decided to go down the flower-breeding path, so I could at least make progress. It dawned on me that Mystical White Flowers were a reward for one of the breeding quests, so I was hoping to be able to get over the hump that way. However, since the Poppy quest (and all subsequent flower quests) are gated behind Soiled Plans, this was not viable after all, and the grind continued. :( It seems you've built in a few rewards that act as catalysts for other quests, and I think this would fit perfectly in that scheme, and, of course, there's nothing in those Botania intro quests required to make the Compost Bin.

Last edited:

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Am i the only one having problems making greatwood saplings grow? I've waited for over 40 minutes IRL and tried both bonemeal and an agricarnation flower. What do?
Do you have enough dirt under it? It grows into a 2x2 tree, so use 9 dirt and plant in the middle.

aaronvesthp

Jul 29, 2019
Howdy. If you look back some pages, you'll see some folks having similar issues. I would suggest making a backup of your HQM save data and then deleting the HQM save data from the directory. Then start the server. Make sure to give yourself OP mode. Then use the command /hqm edit If it comes back with something along the lines of "Hardcore Questing mode not activated, please run /hqm start" or something similar, do /hqm start, then /hqm edit. Once you enter /hqm edit you'll receive an OP questbook. You'll have to get back to where you were, but you can shift or control-click (can't remember EXACTLY which one) to complete the quest.

A little note: I would suggest flipping your NEI over to "utility mode" for this. As you could be getting a VERY LARGE amount of items if you're pretty along in the quests. Then when your inventory is full of the crap, use the NEI delete mode to decrapify. Just be very careful not to accidentally delete something important. *^_^*
Thanks for the help Urist McStout-Horn.
I actually just downloaded another copy of the 8.2 server from the launcher and it runs fine now. I guess my last downloads config file got corrupted or I derped and was using the wrong folder.

Thanks again for looking into it!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Firstly, as a magical tree bonemeal won't work on greatwoods (or silverwoods). The hoe of growth special can insta-grow them, and they do tend to take a little longer than your average tree to grow. While it grows from a single sapling, it indeed grows into a 2x2 tree, be sure you have dirt to accomodate this.
I wanted to make a case for changing the requirement for Soiled Plans, currently gated behind Spreading the Love.
I was having incredibly bad luck getting the two Mystical White Flowers. Instead of continuing to punch grass, I decided to go down the flower-breeding path, so I could at least make progress. It dawned on me that Mystical White Flowers were a reward for one of the breeding quests, so I was hoping to be able to get over the hump that way. However, since the Poppy quest (and all subsequent flower quests) are gated behind Soiled Plans, this was not viable after all, and the grind continued. :( It seems you've built in a few rewards that act as catalysts for other quests, and I think this would fit perfectly in that scheme, and, of course, there's nothing in those Botania intro quests required to make the Compost Bin.
I assume you were punching that grass for Floral fertiliser to grow mystical flowers with, not hoping to get white mystical flowers by punching grass.

If the white mystical flower crop is like every other flower crop, once they have a gain large enough to provide two produce, they can be sheared for the actual flower.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get essence of the nether without the seeds?
you can start caving and grab essences form chest ( best way to find chest is in mine shafts ) or explore the land in witches spawning structures in center is dispenser ... mariculture chest on bottom of ocean is only good for xp bottles and books :) (my seed has almost no mariculture chest more than 3000 block to find them i was thinking that there are disabled now in my old world chest for days, or mabe or maybe because my old seed looks like island paradise :) )
ps: you can skip loot for work by setting up portal to nether near lava pool if you are lucky in nether grab chests form fortes ( gold for casts and diamonds for busting mining lvl on pickaxe and nether imp for leather )

ps2: after my death snowflake pendant was changed to mana ring ( i got one in my buble menu when i went back near my grave stone i found second mana ring but no snowflake pendant (its OP :) ) ) ?!

Last edited:

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I assume you were punching that grass for Floral fertiliser to grow mystical flowers with, not hoping to get white mystical flowers by punching grass.
If the white mystical flower crop is like every other flower crop, once they have a gain large enough to provide two produce, they can be sheared for the actual flower.
I was having really bad luck with the flower fertilizer, went through a few dozen with no mystical whites at all. Shears require iron, which requires the Botania intro quests in Chapter 1 be completed, which are precisely the ones I was trying to get through. :)

DarkMalady1

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm having trouble with running Regrowth as an admin. I started a new world and nei and everything was fine but when I tried switching gamemodes everything changed and I haven;t been able to us nei or change anything. It won't even pull up nei after a reboot of the whole thing. What can I do to fix this?
?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge - I wanted to make a case for changing the requirement for Soiled Plans, currently gated behind Spreading the Love.
Problem is, if I do that, HQM will inevitably throw a hissy fit and require another manual reset of player quests. Heck 0.8.2 had this problem when all I did was change a couple of tasks within existing quests, not even messing with the requirements tree at all. Likewise, the quest to go to the end should really be behind ender seeds rather than ender-ference, but chances are if I move it there will be another wave of headaches with people having to reset their quests.

DarkMalady1

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I've figured out the issues with admin rights thanks to some nosing around, but now I'm stuck with the textures for witchery. Literally everything is an untextured white square instead of showing mandrake root, water artichoke etc. Any fixes? (I've tried texture packs and force updating)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Problem is, if I do that, HQM will inevitably throw a hissy fit and require another manual reset of player quests. Heck 0.8.2 had this problem when all I did was change a couple of tasks within existing quests, not even messing with the requirements tree at all. Likewise, the quest to go to the end should really be behind ender seeds rather than ender-ference, but chances are if I move it there will be another wave of headaches with people having to reset their quests.
Totally understood. Save all the requirements changes for the major updates and get the pain over in one go :).

Reactions: fimbrethil

Maxxgold

Jul 29, 2019
Liquid Fueled Boiler Firebox #1368:6
Some guys on our server made this item and it crashed a whole chunk of the world. Every time you stepped into that chunk you would get put into an endless loop where your client would crash. I fixed that by /spawn <username> and then it sent them to the global spwan. I had to do that as soon as they logged in or they would get caught in the loop.

The chunk itself had to be deleted; a full chunk re-gen fixed the chunk.

Is this a know issue or is there some workaround for the Liquid Fueled Boiler ?

AxisOmega

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a huge problem, but I've been playing and my quests don't show an item count, until I've collected all the items, then it shows 100%. E.g. If I need to collect 16 clay, the quest shows 0/16 until I've got all 16, then it will show 100%. Anyone had this happen and possibly know how to fix?

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a huge problem, but I've been playing and my quests don't show an item count, until I've collected all the items, then it shows 100%. E.g. If I need to collect 16 clay, the quest shows 0/16 until I've got all 16, then it will show 100%. Anyone had this happen and possibly know how to fix?
this is just how HQM is written, if you have a problem with it, contact the mod authors, though I don't think they'll do anything to fix it ;)

joshdude106

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me if there has been problems updating from 0.7.2 onward. I tried to jump from 0.7.2 to 0.8.2 and had some missing ids, as well as my world getting stuck on the loading screen. I just downgraded, and everything seems fine. I want to know if I have to download each update, 0.7.2 to 0.7.3 to 0.7.4 and so on, which I assume will work.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Going from 0.7.x to 0.8.x isn't safe for worlds due to mekanism being updated from 7 to 8, which means if you wish to update the world you'd have to remove every bit of mekanism stuff first.