[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
Its time to go back to regrowth :) and form the start i have a problem with quest book olny 2 quest are unlock and end quest line :) how to fix this and enable hardcore mode ( command dont work )

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Quick random Witchery question.

Does the Ent not spawn if he can't get at you? I've fenced off the area I was growing the Witchery Trees, and since I did I haven't seen an Ent. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence, or something actually programmed in. I have cut down a number of the trees for the saplings for fumes, so I'm just curious if this is normal or if I am (un)lucky.

Unless something has changed in 0.8, fences make no difference in Ent spawning. My base was a network of fenced-in fields, and the Ents would routinely spawn in some field other than my tree-farm area (it had the three vanilla trees and three Witchery trees needed for fumes). I would then proceed to take my TC bow and pelt them from range.

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
Sealed chests (closest to ender chests) and mirrors (teleport pipe like) in thaum craft. Botania coporea network.

I was debating abandoning AE in favor of a large array of storage drawers with a coporea spark on the drawer controller for output and a mirror emptying to an obsidion pipe to the controller for input. Hand mirror allows you to dump stuff into the storage from anywhere and strategically located coporea indexes for retrieval.

Advantage over AE: no cables. No energy draw. Fewer crafting steps for the components. Disadvantage: indexes are addressed thru chat and have no/limited visual gui. Auto crafting is cumbersome and Redstone intensive. Input and retrieval accomplished thru diff mods/interfaces actual storage thru a third.

Adding in AE later is easy because a single storage buss on the controller will let AE get at the items with no config. Continuing to use the hand mirror to put things into storage removes the need for much of the configuration/partitioning. The only thing that has to have a configured destination in the ME network would be auto crafting results.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much. I had an ah-ha moment just after posting when I remembered the mirrors. I don't think I've used Sealed chests before. I guess it's time to get started in Thaumcraft!

I like the idea of the Corporea network too, however I'm a redstone noob so that would be quite the challenge. Then again, so would AE if I use it for more than the storage option. I guess we'll see!

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Gentlebeings:

I have asked this before and been deafened by the silence. I am running a private server (first time at this, completely self-taught) with 2 users, myself and my son (and 3 year old grandson, by proxy). I'm SURE there are lots of things I'm missing, but it is stumbling along fairly well. I have been holding off upgrading from 8.0 while the teething pains shake out, but when things DO stabilize what do I need to do in the server to allow my users to restore the Quest Book? I have been mining like a mad fool through the forum and have not been able to find anything pertaining to multiplayer. Lots of stuff for single player which doesn't seem to work in the remote server environment. The other user(s) are a 3+ hour drive away, sneaker-net file transfers to set up a single player environment, make the changes, and sneaker it back to the server aren't very practical.

Thank you,

Your Humble and Obedient Servant
There is a /hqm command to give a player an OP book which will let you edit you current progress .I hazard a guess it is /hqm edit and you need op status but I do not know for sure as I'm at work right now

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much. I had an ah-ha moment just after posting when I remembered the mirrors. I don't think I've used Sealed chests before. I guess it's time to get started in Thaumcraft!

I like the idea of the Corporea network too, however I'm a redstone noob so that would be quite the challenge. Then again, so would AE if I use it for more than the storage option. I guess we'll see!
While I don't go into the setup with the drawers, I do go into how to wire the storage to the remote Indexes

Edit: sorry for the double post

Reactions: fimbrethil

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble figuring out what item(s) I need to unlock the next set of Thaumcraft quests (after the Silverwood Sapling),
I had them unlocked before the update decided to reset my quest book.

Edit: Never mind I got the quests I think it was a balance shard.

Edit: Also how does one come across a Millenaire Villager?

Last edited:

BlueDragon_Ned

Jul 29, 2019
greetings all,

Since the upgrade to 8.2, the edit questbook and giving my questbook some items to unlock hidden quests, i still am not able to unlock the thaumcraft quests, it seems to be stuck on the second tier of quests from Ignitor to Alumentum is no longer showing as quest in my book in the way the world feels, also quest line 14 and 15 are not unlocked.
Second, when i re-did my questbook, the reputation seemed not to be reset, although i resetted the questbook before re-doing the quests.
i wonder some others have thois problems and how to fix them

BlueDragon_Ned

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Edit: Also how does one come across a Millenaire Villager?

I was under the impression that there's going to be some kind of quest to get the 'Village Creating' widget from Millenaire. I presume those villages will come with villagers?

XoXAimeeRoseXoX

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I'm not sure where to post this, as I've not found anywhere that claims to have this problem. In the quest book under what the world is made of there is the Bauxite Bonus quest that is not claiming the limestone that it calls for. Also in What the world came to be for the quest Spelunking Fanatic it isnt taking the Concentrated Essence Berrys. i dont know why, as other quests take the items they call for, but I cant progress any further because of this.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
what the world is made of there is the Bauxite Bonus quest that is not claiming the limestone that it calls for.

There are two types of limestone in the game. Prior to .81 it required the mariculture version (i haven't gotten that far yet in my current .82 to verify it yet). You most likely still need the mariculture version for it to register.

edit: spelling

Syrcan

Jul 29, 2019
I was doing some late witchery quests in "How the World Changes" chapter. It turned out I cannot complete the quest "Brand new fetishes".
I crafted the Scarecrow as expected, added Voodoo Protection on it... and the quest does not detect it. I tried cycling through the different modes to change the metadata and still, the quest does not detect it.

Has anyone already completed this quest? I'd like not to be stuck if possible.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
How do you set it up with the drawers? I'm terrible at Botania and other magic mods (its where I struggle most in the modpack really)
Storage draw controller can access any storage draw container that is connected to it. A drawer is connected if it shares a face (is side by side) with the controller or any drawer that is connected to it. Up to 12 blocks away.

For instance you have 4 quad drawers containing the 16 diff botania petals all in a row(no gaps). Put a controller next to (or ontop of one) and pipe petals into the controller and it will sort them into the correct drawer. Put an emerald pipe on the controller set to only pull out red petals it will pull out red.

As far as pipes, hoppers, ect are concerned the controller is a single inventory with the contents (and free space) of every connected drawer.

This means that a single botania spark or ME storage bus can access all of the connected storage drawers. I think it makes at a 25*25*25 cube, bit even if it is only a sphere with radius 12 that is a lot of storage. And a single hopper can put items in.

His video shows the botania part. Once you see it it becomes crazy simple.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
How do you set it up with the drawers? I'm terrible at Botania and other magic mods (its where I struggle most in the modpack really)
Well, the Storage Drawer has an ordinary Corporea spark above it, the Spark interacts with the Controller which in turn interacts with the Chests
I'm using a hopper from the chest behind to feed into the Controller fyi

Underworld3

Jul 29, 2019
Regrowth pack has been totally awesome to date. I have loved everything about it. The amount of work that has gone into it is amazing. However, I am doing my nut right now. Ive been given a quest to find nether rutile ore. Now, I dont mind looking for something that can be found. BUT..... Im color blind and Ive been wandering the nether, digging, fighting, (getting dizzy) looking at the highlight tool tips and I havnt found any. As far as I can see, its indistinguishable from Netherrack. Can anyone help me or tell me how to find it? Is there maybe a texture pack that wont screw up my regrowth game?

Ozzymud2

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if this has been addressed, I read through many pages and only seen the question of the 1 wheat -> 1 seed recipe being overwritten by the flour one. I edited the misc.zs minetweaker script and added this at the bottom:

recipes.addShapeless(<minecraft:wheat_seeds> * 2, [<minecraft:wheat>, <minecraft:wheat>]);

does the same thing but double.. 2 wheat -> 2 seeds

Korassu

Jul 29, 2019
Regrowth pack has been totally awesome to date. I have loved everything about it. The amount of work that has gone into it is amazing. However, I am doing my nut right now. Ive been given a quest to find nether rutile ore. Now, I dont mind looking for something that can be found. BUT..... Im color blind and Ive been wandering the nether, digging, fighting, (getting dizzy) looking at the highlight tool tips and I havnt found any. As far as I can see, its indistinguishable from Netherrack. Can anyone help me or tell me how to find it? Is there maybe a texture pack that wont screw up my regrowth game?

Honestly can't say for sure what texture/resource pack would help you. But if you haven't done it yet, the ftb launcher does have several resource packs that work with regrowth. If you dont mind cheating you could just spawn a block in(in a new game if you want to be completely legit about your current game), and load up the different packs to see which one works best for you, then destroy it afterwards.

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
With the Thaumcraft quest that tells you to get a sinister node in a jar, the quest is actually looking for a "sinister node in a jar" instead of the usual node in a jar (sinister)

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
On the entire tree chopping theme the terasteel axe is generally longer reaching than a TC lumber axe, has built in leaf decay, can be turned off to be a regular axe with a stone of temperance and has mana gear durability. It is a little bit later game but significantly superior.

Nothing will clear out an acedental redwood quicker. Although 90% of a redwood turning to falling entities all at once might tax you comp a bit.