[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question does adding fast leaf decay mod affect the modpack in anyway? i swear i tried in a earlier version but it wouldn't start the game up. Only problem i have with this modpack is the tree farming waiting on leaves to decay unless someone can suggest an idea on how to solve it? Tried the scythe from tinkers it just didn't last long for more than a tree and a half before i had to repair and by time i made it with iron and that making a tree farm with forestry was simpler.

Phil__M

Jul 29, 2019
I currently use Horn of the Canopy for leaf breaking. It's a little challenging to get the taller trees, but it gets the job done. Once you get further down the Thaumcraft tech tree, there's the Axe of the Stream that has its own built-in leaf decay as well. I can't speak to whether the leaf-decay mod has any side effects or not though.

Reactions: An0nymuS

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm not far enough for axe of the stream but i redid my world for 8.2 and and i need a ton of wood for crop sticks but having the leaves take forever to go away to get more saplings to plant. I think i'll try adding fast leaf decay mod and hope it works if not i'll try to bust thaumcraft open quick to get some golems going for a tree farm.

Urist McStout-Horn

Jul 29, 2019
Could use trees where the leaf decay doesn't really matter. Like EBXL Fir. They'll give you more saplings than you'll need in very little time, just replant and go.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
i have been using fir trees but i don't have my axe unlocked for a full tree in 1 hit, like i said restarted my world and i only just started with my essence seeds and that because of the slow progress in wood which i need for crops which are a pain with me using like 2 stacks of crop sticks for 1 crop which is 16 logs.

Urist McStout-Horn

Jul 29, 2019
-edit- Nevermind, found that with the Basic Similsax Transtructor and a TCon Excavator, filling in notchponds is VERY quick.

Also @SeaWind5982 : Axe of the Stream isn't the only option for felling trees quickly. Even without something to "1 hit" fell a tree, making a 2x2 fir, using sand to pole to the top (punching through leaves) and using a mattock to chop it from the top is a very easy way of getting a lot of wood pretty quick (for early game anyway). Especially with it sounding like you've got some VERY long rows of things (because you mention getting 2 stacks being a pain, it sounds like you need a bunch). It shouldn't be a problem to get your rows begun, fell a fir, check your crops, do some upkeep, fell another fir, ad nauseam, until you get to the point of having copper seeds, which would then give you the material to make a tool forge.

Last edited:

Everfreefire

Jul 29, 2019
Quick random Witchery question.

Does the Ent not spawn if he can't get at you? I've fenced off the area I was growing the Witchery Trees, and since I did I haven't seen an Ent. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence, or something actually programmed in. I have cut down a number of the trees for the saplings for fumes, so I'm just curious if this is normal or if I am (un)lucky.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question does adding fast leaf decay mod affect the modpack in anyway? i swear i tried in a earlier version but it wouldn't start the game up. Only problem i have with this modpack is the tree farming waiting on leaves to decay unless someone can suggest an idea on how to solve it? Tried the scythe from tinkers it just didn't last long for more than a tree and a half before i had to repair and by time i made it with iron and that making a tree farm with forestry was simpler.
As was mentioned, the horn of the canopy could be used but if you want automation go a drum of the canopy with a red stone spreader and hourglass works wonders

Featherbrain

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm not far enough for axe of the stream but i redid my world for 8.2 and and i need a ton of wood for crop sticks but having the leaves take forever to go away to get more saplings to plant. I think i'll try adding fast leaf decay mod and hope it works if not i'll try to bust thaumcraft open quick to get some golems going for a tree farm.
Botania has the solution for the leafs namely "the horn of the canopy"

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Does the Ent not spawn if he can't get at you? I've fenced off the area I was growing the Witchery Trees, and since I did I haven't seen an Ent. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence, or something actually programmed in. I have cut down a number of the trees for the saplings for fumes, so I'm just curious if this is normal or if I am (un)lucky.

Not sure if fencing the area off affects it but maybe taking a small area with a couple of trees outside the fence and try? i know when i was getting saplings to smelt i had like 2-3 ents attack me so i found having a hut or something to hide in and hit it from is a good thing to have close bye.

P.S. looks like leafdecaymod works fine, been getting wood like mad now i just need to get my logger up and rolling to 1 hit trees and i can start really going to town, gotten my copper and i'm beasting at the 10/10/10 crops. so i think i'm set to start working my way to a crucible, and you can't really get a smeltery with just copper since seared bricks require cobble in the crucible which needs coal to make xD. Normally by the time i get my smeltery i'm at the 2nd tier seeds which means earth and fire seeds which is when i normally start pushing out a series of coke ovens for coal coke for my botania endoflames.

P.S.S. Anyone have suggestions beside endoflames, while i love them early game can be a pain until you can autoproduce coal in the tons. I tried the exploding flower in the last playthrough but i felt like it even with a gaia mana spreader with full upgrade produce less than a endo flame with a coal coke block.

RaptorSB

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how big an impact this is, but the Server DL from the FTB Launcher is missing a few mods: AquaTweaks, CustomMainMenu, InventoryTweaks, LaunchGUI, NEIIntegration, ResourceLoader, TCNodeTracker, TiCTooltips and WAILAPlugins.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Gentlebeings:

I have asked this before and been deafened by the silence. I am running a private server (first time at this, completely self-taught) with 2 users, myself and my son (and 3 year old grandson, by proxy). I'm SURE there are lots of things I'm missing, but it is stumbling along fairly well. I have been holding off upgrading from 8.0 while the teething pains shake out, but when things DO stabilize what do I need to do in the server to allow my users to restore the Quest Book? I have been mining like a mad fool through the forum and have not been able to find anything pertaining to multiplayer. Lots of stuff for single player which doesn't seem to work in the remote server environment. The other user(s) are a 3+ hour drive away, sneaker-net file transfers to set up a single player environment, make the changes, and sneaker it back to the server aren't very practical.

Thank you,

Your Humble and Obedient Servant

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any remote item delivery in this pack? I'm used to using ender chests (for quarry goods for example). Are there methods to travel distance with items in an instant, other than Jabba barrels which are synced for only one item?

darkcaster16

Jul 29, 2019
Ight I'm having an issue where none of the petal recipes to make any kind of flower work. It worked at one point now it doesn't work at all. I don't know what happened because I could make daybloom and stuff fine and now i cant even make daybloom

SpawnMoarOverlords

Jul 29, 2019
Has no one else had an issue with the Induction Matrix crashing the game? Trying to sort this out for our server...

EDIT:

1. I see that at this link the issue I'm reporting (i.e. induction matrix blocks causing a crash when placed in a crafting grid) has been reported and has been closed by Vazkii. I don't know what "closed" means. Does that mean no further posts? Does it mean Vazkii has fixed it? Does it mean Vazkii is saying, "Nope, not fixin' that"? Just curious if anyone knows.

2. We've tried a number of workarounds on the server for this. We tried giving the blocks to golems and having them craft in the golem crafting table, but that crashes the game. We tried the BC auto workbench, and boom, crash. Interestingly, we tried the Crafty Crate and that does take the items and attempt to craft, but then the entire Craft Crate AND the items put into it vanish!

:-|

Hoping this can be rectified soon as it has severely borked end-game Regrowth.

Edit: We fixed this by just changing the recipe for our server and reloading the NEI recipes. There is a bug though that is causing induction matrix blocks placed in any crafting grid of any kind to crash the game. Fair warning.

Last edited:

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any remote item delivery in this pack? I'm used to using ender chests (for quarry goods for example). Are there methods to travel distance with items in an instant, other than Jabba barrels which are synced for only one item?
Sealed chests (closest to ender chests) and mirrors (teleport pipe like) in thaum craft. Botania coporea network.

I was debating abandoning AE in favor of a large array of storage drawers with a coporea spark on the drawer controller for output and a mirror emptying to an obsidion pipe to the controller for input. Hand mirror allows you to dump stuff into the storage from anywhere and strategically located coporea indexes for retrieval.

Advantage over AE: no cables. No energy draw. Fewer crafting steps for the components. Disadvantage: indexes are addressed thru chat and have no/limited visual gui. Auto crafting is cumbersome and Redstone intensive. Input and retrieval accomplished thru diff mods/interfaces actual storage thru a third.

Adding in AE later is easy because a single storage buss on the controller will let AE get at the items with no config. Continuing to use the hand mirror to put things into storage removes the need for much of the configuration/partitioning. The only thing that has to have a configured destination in the ME network would be auto crafting results.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk