[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
You might like the Thaumostatic Harness. It goes in the chest slot and provides the same vis discount as the basic robes and then an extra 5% fidcount for aer as well, all while allowing flight, even without slowing down your block breaking speed while airbourne. It does require potentia essentia to run, but automagy has a structure which you can build to wirelessly refill it over a reasonable distance - enough to cover a base anyways
Oh my, I've just got the harness myself and my base has undergone a major facelift this weekend just gone. Didn't know about the wireless things, will have to research that one pronto

Jmdwow

Jul 29, 2019
So... how do I use steam in the hobbyist's steam engine? I have air seeds, so I can make a bunch of steam, but no matter what I do, I have no idea how to get the steam into the engine. I tried putting it into a tank and using fluid pipes, or even bottling the steam and trying to put it in, but I can't seem to do any of that. Is there some special way of getting it to work?

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
So... how do I use steam in the hobbyist's steam engine? I have air seeds, so I can make a bunch of steam, but no matter what I do, I have no idea how to get the steam into the engine. I tried putting it into a tank and using fluid pipes, or even bottling the steam and trying to put it in, but I can't seem to do any of that. Is there some special way of getting it to work?
hobbyist's steam engine creates steam from supplying burning fuel and water, it then converts that steam into power.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019

Its the next tier engine up from hobbyist's that require steam and water but you don't have to burn solid fuel. The seeds you can't use but you need to smelt down the air essence in the steam using the crucible which case i think you might as well make another crucible set to smelt lava from fire essence for both crucibles or just use a boiler with a big coal farm depending if you wanna turn it into coke or just use it in the boiler. Side note if your gonna smelt stuff with the crucible i would advise to make couple of big tanks to hold extra liquid would save you from filling up on lava or steam and have some to spare for a side project or so later.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
the kind you put in a furnace to cook stuff (coal, wood, lava bucket,..) (not actually sure if the lava bucket works in the steam engine)

Don't think lava actually works but if your not doing a plot size of maybe 2x2 i wanna know why you wouldn't just use coal which grows like a noob running through the nether over lava while on fire. But like i said above i might just make some tanks and work it around with the crucibles with some high end speed upgrade for fast smelting.

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
Without gendustry, standard bee breeding is a very long, slow and painful process. Which sadly I enjoy. :)
there is Genetics machines which is/was part of extra bees. mostly needed silky combs/wisps for the apiarist set, and tropical bees weren't cutting it, needing a total of 216 silky wisps for the 24 pieces of woven silk. got up to transmuting bees then remembered about the silky bees. also I needed oil, couldn't find an oil spout anywhere and was collecting water bees for the oily bees then I found a spout.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to unlock the Crucible of Souls? I have both Infusion and Essentia Distillation. Like suggested before in this thread I've also scanned a zombie brain. Nothing.

Urist McStout-Horn

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up. Had some cattails show up and wreck a server. Not even sure where to put this, so I'll leave it here as a cautionary tale.

Crashlog

My buddies told me this morning they couldn't log on, kept getting this sort of error every time someone logged in. Tried NBT editing my friend's player.dat file to put him on the other side of the world, away from the cattails to try and use worldedit/cofh core to get rid of them (installed worldedit after several hours trying other things to no avail).

Just ended up rolling back to the backup we made as we crossed the threshold of 0.8.2, lost about three days of progress (which for one friend was the entire time he'd been playing).

I'd suggest making pretty frequent backups, if you aren't already.

Bill_Bob_Joy

Jul 29, 2019
how do you get gold to cast a copper pickaxe head in the spirit world? I've been looking underground for essences to make seeds or anything really but I cannot figure it out.

Nightpearl

Jul 29, 2019
I am unable to edit the HQM to recover my lost quests, I have not the permissions needed? is there a way around this please? I am not playing server...

I have accomplished this, I apparently am simply unable to type a simple command :p

Nightpearl

Jul 29, 2019
how do you get gold to cast a copper pickaxe head in the spirit world? I've been looking underground for essences to make seeds or anything really but I cannot figure it out.
Could you accomplish this by doing the repeatable quests for essence from the quest book? I think you should be able to make a quest book in the spirit world, yes?

Reactions: OniyaMCD

SpawnMoarOverlords

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is server-related or something goofy with updates, but several of our players who are further along in the pack and are building induction matrices have found that if you try to place an induction casing block in ANY crafting table, it immediately crashes the game and dumps to desktop.

Edit: It's not just crafting tables...it's any crafting grid at all, even if you try placing the recipe in a golem crafting table or your inventor crafting grid. We haven't been able to find a workaround, which means I guess making a *ton* of Ultimate Energy Cubes to try to eat up some of the energy. That or run the Mekanism reactor in steam mode which needs lower energy input....I want my GigaRF production though! :p

Last edited:

Korassu

Jul 29, 2019
I am unable to edit the HQM to recover my lost quests, I have not the permissions needed? is there a way around this please? I am not playing server...

I have accomplished this, I apparently am simply unable to type a simple command :p

press esc, open to lan, allow cheats: on, start lan world, then type in the command.

Reactions: Nightpearl

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
While this is probably not going to solve your problem, I'd like to note that Aluminum Brass can also be used to make casts. If my brain turns back on I may be able to answer your actual question, however.

Phil__M

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't ever found actual Aluminum Ore in the spirit world, but I was able to find Bauxite, which is Mariculture's version of Aluminum and works for Aluminum Brass. That's how I bridged the gap to the higher material tiers. If memory serves, a Netherack pick allowed me to mine the necessary Bauxite and Copper.

Reactions: thephoenixlodge