[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

asbestinuS

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
Just updated to 0.8.2 and of course, my questbook status is all messed up. So I did these things; I deleted the \hqm\player.dat and typed in the chat /hqm quest and /hqm edit and redid all the quests that were redoable.
But most of the Buildcraft/Tech stuff is still not doable, nor a lot of Botania things (like Terra Steel and so on).
How can I get these back? How do I get to Thaumcraft? In 0.8.1 I just got to the wand and the thaumanonononono---something and the search-thing.
My Reputations are still pretty low and I don't know how to get them back up...how can I fix these things? Just recopying the "old" HQM file and just redo all the things doesn't work, because the reputation will be too low for stuff. Or should I just revert to 0.8.1 as the easiest solution and hope for a later fix?
Can someone help me please?
Thank you!

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
Just updated to 0.8.2 and of course, my questbook status is all messed up. So I did these things; I deleted the \hqm\player.dat and typed in the chat /hqm quest and /hqm edit and redid all the quests that were redoable.
But most of the Buildcraft/Tech stuff is still not doable, nor a lot of Botania things (like Terra Steel and so on).
How can I get these back? How do I get to Thaumcraft? In 0.8.1 I just got to the wand and the thaumanonononono---something and the search-thing.
My Reputations are still pretty low and I don't know how to get them back up...how can I fix these things? Just recopying the "old" HQM file and just redo all the things doesn't work, because the reputation will be too low for stuff. Or should I just revert to 0.8.1 as the easiest solution and hope for a later fix?
Thank you!
As someone who has been in that situation recently I think i can help. having some ores in your inventory unlock quests, aluminum ore helps unlock the chapter 5 quests, and progressing into witchery a little to get a treefyd seed which is used for the thaumcraft trees. hope this helps

Featherbrain

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
Thank you!
For botania you need lapis

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know what I need in mine inventory for the silverwood wand questline?

Hold some gold ore and some thaumcraft shards. It should unlock the quest Life Through a Lens in "The Way the World Feels". Follow that to "A Sight for Sore Eyes" then "Magical Comfort". The silverwood wand quest requires "Magical Comforts", "Greater Capacity", "Every Cloud" and maybe even "Neo Infusion" to open up, afaik.

Does anyone know what unlocks the mystical flower seeds quests? I've held all the flowers, all the petals, all the seeds themselves, all the tulips and nothing.

Featherbrain

Jul 29, 2019
Hold some gold ore and some thaumcraft shards. It should unlock the quest Life Through a Lens in "The Way the World Feels". Follow that to "A Sight for Sore Eyes" then "Magical Comfort". The silverwood wand quest requires "Magical Comforts", "Greater Capacity", "Every Cloud" and maybe even "Neo Infusion" to open up, afaik.

Does anyone know what unlocks the mystical flower seeds quests? I've held all the flowers, all the petals, all the seeds themselves, all the tulips and nothing.
I'm missing A sight for sore eyes and magical comfort. The others I have.

Did you unlock all the "normal" flower quest?

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
I'm missing A sight for sore eyes and magical comfort. The others I have.

Did you unlock all the "normal" flower quest?

Yes, I did, and for some reason, shortly after I made that post the mystical flower quests unlocked. All I did was go grab some coal between posting and them unlocking, so I'm not sure what happened. Maybe HQM took its sweet time realizing some condition had been met.

Korassu

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got my quest book unlocked to the point i was at. The aluminum and gold ore seemed to have helped, aswell as the iron capped wand. Had several quests in chapter 5 that wouldn't unlock, but i went and grabbed several items out of my chest, wrought iron, steel, refined steel, and titanium ingots and the rest unlocked for me.

Urist McStout-Horn

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I did, and for some reason, shortly after I made that post the mystical flower quests unlocked. All I did was go grab some coal between posting and them unlocking, so I'm not sure what happened. Maybe HQM took its sweet time realizing some condition had been met.

I noticed for that one you have to have held cropstix in your hand.

Kenidy

Jul 29, 2019
For the incense stick for the botania quest, what type of incense stick do i need ?/ what potion effect do i need to infuse it with

George213

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have been using the jet pack from Mekanism for my vertical travel needs. But now that I have started dabbling in thaumaturgy, I feel that I really need to wear the thauma robes in the armor slot. I was watching some youtube videos of regrowth playthroughs, and the guys was using some sort of awesome wings that he had in his baubles slot or something. Can anyone point me in the right direction? at least which mod are they from?

Edit: It was the Esk gaming channel, FTB Regrowth, episode 54, I think. I was trying to figure out how to make golems...

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have been using the jet pack from Mekanism for my vertical travel needs. But now that I have started dabbling in thaumaturgy, I feel that I really need to wear the thauma robes in the armor slot. I was watching some youtube videos of regrowth playthroughs, and the guys was using some sort of awesome wings that he had in his baubles slot or something. Can anyone point me in the right direction? at least which mod are they from?

Edit: It was the Esk gaming channel, FTB Regrowth, episode 54, I think. I was trying to figure out how to make golems...

Might have been the Flugel Tiara from Botania, but the functionality has been changed drastically in the latest version, so you might want to look up vazkii's change log before you start working towards them (you still need to defeat the Gaia Guardian if I am not mistaken and that is not such an easy fight).

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

You might like the Thaumostatic Harness. It goes in the chest slot and provides the same vis discount as the basic robes and then an extra 5% fidcount for aer as well, all while allowing flight, even without slowing down your block breaking speed while airbourne. It does require potentia essentia to run, but automagy has a structure which you can build to wirelessly refill it over a reasonable distance - enough to cover a base anyways

Reactions: Necro9227 and Kmad

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019

Might have been the Flugel Tiara from Botania, but the functionality has been changed drastically in the latest version, so you might want to look up vazkii's change log before you start working towards them (you still need to defeat the Gaia Guardian if I am not mistaken and that is not such an easy fight).

It's definitely the Flugel Tiara, and so long as you aren't trying to float indefinitely while afk the changes should not be an issue. It has something like a 10 second limit to sustained flight, but with the addition of a glider mode and a dash. You will need to defeat the Gaia Guardian at least once to craft this item as well.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I can't reproduce the issue with the pots, it's working fine for me.
vzRug4z.png

Seems someone else already found this and reported it to the bibliocraft dev so hopefully there'll be a fix soon.

I had my pots set up in a 4x4 multi-block, perhaps that had something to do with it. I will retest them singly.

YH&OS

Update: I am running 8.0, free-standing or multi-block, dirt or garden soil, tilled or not doesn't matter. The pots will not accept crop sticks. (Shift-click had no effect either)

Last edited:

George213

Jul 29, 2019
You might like the Thaumostatic Harness. It goes in the chest slot and provides the same vis discount as the basic robes and then an extra 5% fidcount for aer as well, all while allowing flight, even without slowing down your block breaking speed while airbourne. It does require potentia essentia to run, but automagy has a structure which you can build to wirelessly refill it over a reasonable distance - enough to cover a base anyways

This sounds very appropriate for a thaumaturge. I will start looking into the automagy and the harness. I haven't really gone all the way to the end of the botania, I felt bad having to kill some demigod. The rest of the world is already dead, I don't really want to add to the problem... :)

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
So i thought i'd tackle Bees since i haven't played with them in a long time (that and a quest)... forgot how painstakingly long to takes for bee breading.