[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
On the vein of people taking breaks, I can say I was one of them who did from my world at least. Stepping onto SMP for a few weeks and messing around with Blood Magic gave me enough of a break, and when I came back, I appreciated my work more than when I left it and rebuilt my drive for the new project of AE2 and what I could potentially do with it. I've got a very solid base atm, but I think I'll be starting a spin off base once I get the autocrafting sorted out to cope with the mass production of Witchery compnents

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
I've been taking a break too, waiting for the changes that are coming, but I'm starting to get the itch to get back. I'd made a plan right before pausing for a new house build (because I kinda can't stand my current one) and I have the post-it reminder here on my desk. Every time I look at it, I start getting ideas, and getting ideas makes me want to play.

However, it's summer here, the days are super close to hitting triple digits, and we have inadequate AC. This makes the office unbearable for long stretches. It might be September before I get back to obsessing. Or I'll just get up before the sun and play. ;)

ItalianCGP

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a problem loading recipes from NEI, sometimes when I click an item to see its recipe it crashes my game, then I need to load the modpack again, it is a bit annoying since it happens every time I play ¬¬

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a problem loading recipes from NEI, sometimes when I click an item to see its recipe it crashes my game, then I need to load the modpack again, it is a bit annoying since it happens every time I play ¬¬
Might as well get used to it I'm afraid, it's worse in SMP

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
it happens when you relog without closing the minecraft window. make sure you close out completely whenever you leave the game, and you should never see it happen.

TheTitanic10

Jul 29, 2019
- Textures for Quadrum blocks (Dead Wood, Slate) are not showing up properly.
Workaround: Turn off Anisotropic Filtering in your video settings.
My textures are not loading, even the ones that are not from Quadrum, what should I do?
And sometimes Creepers explodes out of nowhere, how can I fix that?

OBS: Some blocks do, but not a single iten. Also, some blocks, like Cracked Sand and wood, are loading too. There's one strange case that should be mentioned: Skulls and Heads, as an iten, aren't loading, but when I put them as a helmet, their 3D model on Steve are.
OBS²: When I turn off the Mipmap option (still having no idea of what it does), all textures are gone.
OBS³: Once I played with all textures, without any lag, but I don't know how it did it.
PS: Sorry for the bad English.
PS²: My PC isn't good and runs Windows XP and 32bits system.
PS³: Sorry if someone already commented this error, it have 555 pages :p
PS4: Really great pack, keep with the good work :D

Last edited:

Peluconus

Jul 29, 2019
Well here I am again! This are the captures I took to show you the problem:

This is how my system is:
Architecture.png
This is the copper spilled on the ground and the pipes working. It's strange, because some of the ingots actually go to the drawers as they should, but the majority of them just end on the floor:
Copper.png

I'm going to try those clay pipes you said before, I hope they work better than this xD

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Well here I am again! This are the captures I took to show you the problem:

This is how my system is:
View attachment 20311
This is the copper spilled on the ground and the pipes working. It's strange, because some of the ingots actually go to the drawers as they should, but the majority of them just end on the floor:
View attachment 20313

I'm going to try those clay pipes you said before, I hope they work better than this xD

Just as a note, I had an issue with items not going into barrels (sometimes woven silk would just merrily drift by the turnoff to the Woven Silk barrel) and dumping on the floor. Clay pipes ended up fixing that completely, so it might just do the trick with your drawers.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019

You could also try to pipe everything into a drawer controller. The clay pipe will definitely help there, it's what I'm using in my farms.

Speaking of pipes, are Buildcraft fluid pipes supposed to be able to handle more than one fluid or not?

Reactions: An0nymuS

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
You could also try to pipe everything into a drawer controller. The clay pipe will definitely help there, it's what I'm using in my farms.

Speaking of pipes, are Buildcraft fluid pipes supposed to be able to handle more than one fluid or not?
at a time? no. in general? yes.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
at a time? no. in general? yes.
In my setup I've used only one pipe and fuel and water seem to take turns flowing through the pipes except they won't end up inside the engines. : / But thanks, I see that I'll be better off making two pipe lines.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
I was going to do that, or at least slow down, but now I am just getting as much done to my own satisfaction before I just quit and move on. I have really enjoyed the pack but I'm frustrated with various hiccups and issues that I can't get help with (and I'm quite reluctant to post most of my questions here because of the attitudes of some regulars), am hugely disappointed that the mek stuff is overly customized to the point of tediousness (recipe-wise) and, as I have recently learned, messed up (mek is one of my fav mods and one reason I tried out this pack) and at the end of the day, I just hate Thaumcraft and my starting the Thaum quests have reminded me vividly of this fact. I've put a lot of work into this pack, but the fun with this pack is starting to wear thin and time is not an infinite resource for me.
Very sorry if some people here have turned you off from asking questions. Feel free to ask and I'll do my best to reply with a constructive post as soon as i can.

Can someone PM me with a Regrowth server I can play on? :D
There is a link in my signature to all the servers we host. The regrowth server ip is "regrowth.mym.li" or "regrowth.mym.net" Forget exactly what it is and I'm on the phone atm.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
hugely disappointed that the mek stuff is overly customized to the point of tediousness (recipe-wise) and, as I have recently learned, messed up (mek is one of my fav mods and one reason I tried out this pack)
what is messed up about mekanism for you? I cant comment about recipe changes, as Ive never seen it before this pack, but I've been thru pretty much all of mek in regrowth and I didnt see any problems, unless you count there not being any quests for any of it. Sure, it requires a metric ton of buildcraft circuits, and a fair bit of botania lenses for the upgrades, but I'm fine with a bit of crafting. It's meant to be endgame, hence the tweaks.

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
I updated NEI and it stopped the crashes completely

romancandle

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure this has been asked before somewhere, but I can't be bothered to go through the last hundred pages, so here goes.

Is this pack still being developed? If so is there an ETA on when it will see an update?

This is my favorite pack, but it has a quite a few little glitches and minor bugs that make playing annoying at times. I'd love to see this pack become more popular and have a few servers even, but before that happens it needs a lot of work.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm sure this has been asked before somewhere, but I can't be bothered to go through the last hundred pages, so here goes.

Is this pack still being developed? If so is there an ETA on when it will see an update?

This is my favorite pack, but it has a quite a few little glitches and minor bugs that make playing annoying at times. I'd love to see this pack become more popular and have a few servers even, but before that happens it needs a lot of work.

TPL is finishing up exams at the moment, but 0.8 is in the works. There's a changelog in the first post, including a link to the 'running changelog' of what's been completed in 0.8 to date.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
In my setup I've used only one pipe and fuel and water seem to take turns flowing through the pipes except they won't end up inside the engines. : / But thanks, I see that I'll be better off making two pipe lines.
Strange. Keep in mind that fluid pipes always split liquids evenly between sides.