[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

BLAMM!

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. We changed the fuel to require netherstars for a three hour load.

We are rebuilding it. It will drop about a stack about every six minutes.

• Magical crops grow coal, wither heads and soul sand.
  • Sir golem harvests and a powered hopper hock collects, and places into filtered BC buffers.
  • BC pipes to golem crafting. They place into B-Spaced barrels. Had to use three golems for the heads. Any body know how to make them run faster? One golem for coal and soul sand.
  • Coal feed botania flowers for local mana production.
  • Golems pull from eight other B-Spaced barrels to place soul sand then skulls.
  • Th withers fall through a 1x1 hole in the bedrock we created with Teleposers.
  • Botania flowers push the withers to a center 4x4x20 drop shoot.
  • x4 flowers that kill, x4 that poison decease the withers in about a min.
  • Hopper hock to collect the drops.
  • BC to move the items again.

This is where we are at so far. We are planing on also using BM to draw some blood from the wither to power some alters. (x4 of them to be exact)
That's impressive, but if I may offer a suggestion, I found that Thaumcraft warded blocks are as impervious to withers as bedrock and are much easier to work with. My own wither farm is still manual, but the warded structure I summon them in was easy to set up.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
That's impressive, but if I may offer a suggestion, I found that Thaumcraft warded blocks are as impervious to withers as bedrock and are much easier to work with. My own wither farm is still manual, but the warded structure I summon them in was easy to set up.
Very true, and yes much easier to work with.

Went above the nether solely for aesthetic reasons. Well, we also have the BM demon invasion up their we are chunk loading. ;)

Warded blocks seem to cause me a large amount of fps lag when I look at more then say 20 at a time, so I try to just avoid as much as I can. Altho the drop tubes and spawn rooms are warded. Also it seems the wither don't see thro bedrock at the golems upstairs.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I'm just a compulsive clicker. ;D I was a professional software tester for a while, and so clicking 'all the things' is a bit of second nature to me.

Ahh. I was never in something like that, but when I'm trying to figure out something via NEI, I'll always check what whatever I'm looking for is made of and what it's used in if the former fails. Usually, if neither of those works, it means that they're gotten by some non-standard crafting mechanism in their mod (i.e. ZTones alt-scrolling to change block numbers, Carpenter's Blocks shift-scrolling to change wedges, Witchery mutandis mutations and circle magic recipes, etc.)

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh. I was never in something like that, but when I'm trying to figure out something via NEI, I'll always check what whatever I'm looking for is made of and what it's used in if the former fails. Usually, if neither of those works, it means that they're gotten by some non-standard crafting mechanism in their mod (i.e. ZTones alt-scrolling to change block numbers, Carpenter's Blocks shift-scrolling to change wedges, Witchery mutandis mutations and circle magic recipes, etc.)
Indeed, I've formed a habit of looking through every possible way to create things in NEI, simply because there's usually a easier or cheaper way than the first thing I see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Booker The Geek

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
thanks for the heads up. careful everyone: NEI may be habit-forming. use responsibly.

In this pack? Definitely. The second time I went to make a Thaumometer, I was quickly reminded to do the responsible thing and use NEI. :D

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Oh yeah, starting work on the alveary! The pollen is starting to come in, and everything else is waiting to go!

CakeInABarrel

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I went to play a little bit today and noticed that I have another quest book in my inventory and when I open it, all my progress went back to 0% :( aww man. Tried to fix it with the creative quest book to unlock the one I already have too but some of them are hidden and I can't unlock them and I don't know what they needed so this kinda made me rage quit.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
There's a post on the first page of the thread that lists the items you need to hold to unlock a bunch of the quests. :D I had a bit of a questbook snafu myself recently and had to refer to it.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I went to play a little bit today and noticed that I have another quest book in my inventory and when I open it, all my progress went back to 0% :( aww man. Tried to fix it with the creative quest book to unlock the one I already have too but some of them are hidden and I can't unlock them and I don't know what they needed so this kinda made me rage quit.
backup your game save ... it sometimes happens

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
how can i make bottle o'enchanting for the experience seed?
In case no one else told you this, I have a several Bottles o' Enchanting from fishing early game with a vanilla fishing rod. Certainly easier than going the Mariculture tree and getting diving gear to explore kelp forests, and I assume it's one way the modpack author intended you to get this item. In my game at least, rates for fishing rod catches are pumped up so I can catch something within a 1/2 second or so of casting the rod. Early on I just went through about 6 or 7 vanilla fishing rods, plus some enchanted ones I caught, fishing for fish (for food and for composting) and whatever else I pulled up, which included about a dozen of those Bottles o' Enchanting. Turned out I actually ended up needing one. Probably am not going to need all these enchanted books, though.

backup your game save ... it sometimes happens

Oh dear... [runs off to quickly make a backup]

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Okay, having a problem with a spawner. I got this as a quest reward, and it's a bat spawner. I'm trying to use it to collect bats for the Owl quest.

I've tucked it into a dark room with a good amount of spawnable surface (at least 5x6x3 high) - and I've even had a random skelly spawn in that room (it has a door). But whether I stand right outside the door or go across the base for a decent stretch of time, not a single *bat* has spawned in there.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
Bug or an shortcut : player can craft greater band of mana form band of mana form empty mana tablet and get fully charged band, this is the best way to get massive amount of mana i this pack :) i mean MASSIVE :) mabe a fix in next update ?
My bad sory ...

Last edited:

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Okay, having a problem with a spawner. I got this as a quest reward, and it's a bat spawner. I'm trying to use it to collect bats for the Owl quest.

I've tucked it into a dark room with a good amount of spawnable surface (at least 5x6x3 high) - and I've even had a random skelly spawn in that room (it has a door). But whether I stand right outside the door or go across the base for a decent stretch of time, not a single *bat* has spawned in there.
I usually do that 8n the nether as hell bats spawn quite frequently.