[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Teraforming is on :
That's really cool. I need to get that rod, but I just only got my first diamonds and still fumbling my way through Botania. So far I've been placing dirt by hand for my base's central square, which has gotten well past the point of being eye-crossing and mind-numbing, although I'm so happy to have grass again, even dull green wasteland grass (I'm near the ocean and want to expand part of my base out there for green grass and blue water, but oof, massive squid spawnage vs my already embattled fps rates. Does Botania have a rod that gets rid of squid? XD).

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone give me advice how i can place books and use them in this modpack? Like Lectern from Mystcraft or Pedestal from Ars magicka.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Damn - something borked. My quest book just did something really weird. Lots of quests that I've already done have been reset, my Thaumcraft in particular is back down to 0%, and my Mechanist rating is (no joke) 1073741847, despite the fact that I still haven't gotten to the point of making steel. I was rushing to get started today, and the console was complaining that it couldn't keep up, skipping 47 ticks, then crashed back to desktop, so I'm hoping I didn't corrupt things. :( I'd just found an oreberry bush last night!

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
Damn - something borked. My quest book just did something really weird. Lots of quests that I've already done have been reset, my Thaumcraft in particular is back down to 0%, and my Mechanist rating is (no joke) 1073741847, despite the fact that I still haven't gotten to the point of making steel. I was rushing to get started today, and the console was complaining that it couldn't keep up, skipping 47 ticks, then crashed back to desktop, so I'm hoping I didn't corrupt things. :( I'd just found an oreberry bush last night!
Happen to me to, check backup file questbook folder. My questbook when opened creates massive lag drop below 14 FPS:confused:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Happen to me to, check backup file questbook folder. My questbook when opened creates massive lag drop below 14 FPS:confused:

What file am I looking for? I've got a couple of folders that look like backups, but I'm not sure which file in them represents the questbook.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
You dont understand. I can repeat question, but... How to fast access to book without using hotbar, book binder or bookcase in this modpack?

Maybe there's not a way, hm? I'm not aware of one, at least. You're just going to have to deal with using books like in vanilla Minecraft; except you can carry a bunch thanks to the book binder.

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
You dont understand. I can repeat question, but... How to fast access to book without using hotbar, book binder or bookcase in this modpack?
So in general read books that are laid out in the world without having to pick them up first?
Tough luck I'd say. A behavior like this is in no mod officially part of the pack.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe there's not a way, hm? I'm not aware of one, at least. You're just going to have to deal with using books like in vanilla Minecraft; except you can carry a bunch thanks to the book binder.
there's always the enrichirdion library, just using the 'H' key, you can free up another inventory space

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
What file am I looking for? I've got a couple of folders that look like backups, but I'm not sure which file in them represents the questbook.
/minecraft/saves/YOURWORLDNAME/HardcoreQuesting

make copy of players.dat ( for backup ) or rename players.datold for example
and rename players.dat-backup to players.dat

but this method doesn't work for me i had to remake some quests, now i just make backup of my world every day :)

Last edited:
Reactions: OniyaMCD

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Can anyone give me advice how i can place books and use them in this modpack? Like Lectern from Mystcraft or Pedestal from Ars magicka.
I think Bibliocraft has a Book Desk or something like that (I don't rember it's exact name.) In alot of cases you can access the book that's open on top of it. I believe it requires wood, wood slabs, a feather and a torch.

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
I think Bibliocraft has a Book Desk or something like that (I don't rember it's exact name.) In alot of cases you can access the book that's open on top of it. I believe it requires wood, wood slabs, a feather and a torch.
Aye! It works! Awesome. Thx.

Reactions: JustHeyo

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so I now have ghast seeds.. on what and where do they grow .. neither the quest book nor NEI are any help?
EDIT: I honestly have no clue what that gibberish was. :\
You're not reading at all. Every magical seed quest, including the ghast seed quest, tells you that all magical seeds including the one the quest pertains to can only grow on tilled garden soil. Barring that, you've likely planted other magical soul seeds before (probably skeleton), so the most logical option would be to assume that all magical soul seeds grow on the same type of soil.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
'e likel
Every magical seed quest, including the ghast seed quest, tells you that all magical seeds including the one the quest pertains to can only grow on tilled garden soil.

Actually no. All of the quests in the second tier (What The World Is Built On) look something like this:

OmAkwYm.png

The only magical seed quest that specifies the tilled garden soil is the first one, although that specific quest does state that all magical seeds must be planted on it.

Reactions: JustHeyo