[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Any one having problems making 'Wooden Construction Block'?
If memory serves not all logs work with the construction block. I always keep Oak logs around for all the log combines (i use fir for everything unless it specifically does not work).

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I use Rainbow Eucalyptus (because I have a metric ton of the stuff) for things that don't retain the color of the wood. I've since discovered that 2x2 firs make just as good a source of saplings with a speedier log collection.

00Astal

Jul 29, 2019
If memory serves not all logs work with the construction block. I always keep Oak logs around for all the log combines (i use fir for everything unless it specifically does not work).
Thanks. Turns out the fences I was using was from Natura

natelovesyou

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to get Pechs to spawn? I made a 60x60 area of Magical Forest using pure nodes from Silverwood Trees and the area is 100% filled in with the biome, but not a single Pech has spawned. I've seen wisps, though. How do I get Pechs?

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to get Pechs to spawn? I made a 60x60 area of Magical Forest using pure nodes from Silverwood Trees and the area is 100% filled in with the biome, but not a single Pech has spawned. I've seen wisps, though. How do I get Pechs?
Go into creative and spawning them in is the easiest way, or you could wait for a long time.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019

In my current playthrough I have only one pure silverwood with the resulting tiny magical forest area. Two coven witches and a pech scavenger spawned within the first day of having it. I think you're just getting exceptionally unlucky with RNG.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
If the area is completely lit, that's the problem. Pech have the same spawn rules as hostile mobs - they spawn in darkness.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Are villagers in this modpack suppose to "shed" emeralds from time to time? On a few occasions, I found a random emerald in my villagers' pen, so I put down a couple of hopperhocks with chests to see if they'd pick up anything. So far the hopperhocks haven't picked up any emeralds but they are picking up rotten flesh, even though any villager-hunting zombies around are outside my base wall and should be well out of range of the unpowered hopperhocks.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, cool. I am getting a few emeralds now. Quite helpful.

A couple other questions:

If I add Fast Leaf Decay, will that cause any problems?

And if I cheat in some alder, hawthorn and rowan slabs, is that going to cause any problems? When I try to craft them from the planks I just get oak slabs and I couldn't find a reply when I asked about this issue a few days ago.

natelovesyou

Jul 29, 2019
Go into creative and spawning them in is the easiest way, or you could wait for a long time.
In my current playthrough I have only one pure silverwood with the resulting tiny magical forest area. Two coven witches and a pech scavenger spawned within the first day of having it. I think you're just getting exceptionally unlucky with RNG.
If the area is completely lit, that's the problem. Pech have the same spawn rules as hostile mobs - they spawn in darkness.
Thank you, I had played Thaumcraft some in other packs with naturally generating Magical Forests and would just happen across the little guys. Didn't occur to me that they needed darkness to spawn, as I lit up the area completely. So I'm not unlucky, just derpy. ;)

Also, I was having a severe problem with Agricraft. WAS. I have not tested all crops, but 30 minutes ago (after going to a test world and returning to my SSP world) suddenly, with seemingly no provocation, some crops were giving the wrong drops, all the "wrong" drops so far were Magical Crops plants giving Botania petals. It's pretty alarming, actually. Aluminium was giving me mystical pink petals, Infused Shard was giving me brown, Cobalt light grey, Ardite cyan, and Certus Quartz magenta. I kinda freaked out and closed the client, restarted, and tried it again in my world and then my crops were giving the correct drops again. Any clue what caused this, maybe just a weird bug or something?

Last edited:

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, I had played Thaumcraft some in other packs with naturally generating Magical Forests and would just happen across the little guys. Didn't occur to me that they needed darkness to spawn, as I lit up the area completely. So I'm not unlucky, just derpy. ;)

Also, I was having a severe problem with Agricraft. WAS. I have not tested all crops, but 30 minutes ago (after going to a test world and returning to my SSP world) suddenly, with seemingly no provocation, some crops were giving the wrong drops, all the "wrong" drops so far were Magical Crops plants giving Botania petals. It's pretty alarming, actually. Aluminium was giving me mystical pink petals, Infused Shard was giving me brown, Cobalt light grey, Ardite cyan, and Certus Quartz magenta. I kinda freaked out and closed the client, restarted, and tried it again in my world and then my crops were giving the correct drops again. Any clue what caused this, maybe just a weird bug or fluke?
Probably a glitch, but if it happens again, it is a bug. Have you changed the IDs of anything?

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
For me they are just spawn at random in the world ... i have sen them feaw times :) ( it's very rare )

natelovesyou

Jul 29, 2019
Probably a glitch, but if it happens again, it is a bug. Have you changed the IDs of anything?
I haven't dared to changed any of the item IDs, but it seems to be a one-time bug so far since it hasn't happened again after I closed and re-opened the client. And it wasn't happened prior to switching to the test world, which is odd. I can't imagine what the cause would be.
For me they are just spawn at random in the world ... i have sen them feaw times :) ( it's very rare )
They've spawned outside of magical biomes for you? Odd, I thought they were exclusive to biomes like Magical Forests.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
They spawn in magical biomes, and that isn't excusive to thaumcraft's own biomes. Ominous Woods and Flower Fields come to mind. It's also possible they wondered out of the magical biome. (Eeriee Biomes are naturally spawned in Regrowth, and perhaps tainted lands).

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, cool. I am getting a few emeralds now. Quite helpful.

A couple other questions:

If I add Fast Leaf Decay, will that cause any problems?

And if I cheat in some alder, hawthorn and rowan slabs, is that going to cause any problems? When I try to craft them from the planks I just get oak slabs and I couldn't find a reply when I asked about this issue a few days ago.
Test it and find out? No way to tell till it's tried.
I'd assume you can, but interesting that you're getting oak slabs. Have you tried the usual restart/backup and redownload the pack/launcher?

Jul 29, 2019
After going through my own pack, I'd say the slab crafting issue is a minor bug. The problem is the vanilla slab recipe uses plankWood, so any three planks make oak slabs. If mods create their own slabs, it creates a recipe conflict and apparently the vanilla recipe overrides the others.