[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Jul 29, 2019
OK, found a new problem. I go to harvest Witchery Garlic, the crop acts like I harvested it, but no garlic drops. Is this a Witchery thing or a bug for the crops?
This a bug on AgriCraft's end, partially caused by the fact that witchery garlic is both the seed and the fruit. It should be fixed in the next version, but that's not out yet. A "fix" of sorts is to let the crops spread, then break all but one of them to get the seeds and repeat.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
So - Damp (up 1) is functionally indistinguishable for Damp (none).
kinda, but only because there isnt a biome in this pack with a humidity value wetter than damp. jungle and swamps are registered at .9 humidity, and the only thing higher is mushroom island at 1, which i dont think is enough of a difference to matter. i think it's possible tho... say if there were a biome with humidity of 1.5 or something... not sure what it would be called.

you could also possibly make it matter if you had an alveary in a damp biome and you installed a hydroregulator in it. dunno why you'd want to do that, but there ya go.

The Shadow

Jul 29, 2019
This a bug on AgriCraft's end, partially caused by the fact that witchery garlic is both the seed and the fruit. It should be fixed in the next version, but that's not out yet. A "fix" of sorts is to let the crops spread, then break all but one of them to get the seeds and repeat
Good to know.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
kinda, but only because there isnt a biome in this pack with a humidity value wetter than damp. jungle and swamps are registered at .9 humidity, and the only thing higher is mushroom island at 1, which i dont think is enough of a difference to matter. i think it's possible tho... say if there were a biome with humidity of 1.5 or something... not sure what it would be called.

you could also possibly make it matter if you had an alveary in a damp biome and you installed a hydroregulator in it. dunno why you'd want to do that, but there ya go.

I actually wasn't even able to find reference to a humidity level wetter than 'Damp' in the standard Forestry wiki-stuff - which was why the idea of an 'up 1' at that end of the spectrum confused me. (Although I am slightly amused that I can have a hive sitting in the Ocean, with water on 5 of the 6 sides and it's 'not wet enough'. :D )

Reactions: Zimek

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Speaking of thaumcraft stuff....

For the people who have the chest and jar seals working, are you running default mod pack, server or ssp, forge or cauldron?

And anybody been able to get a setup with the essentia mirror pump thing to work the does not cause it to backstuff with extra essentia? When hooked up to something that requires more then one essentia, say 5 ignis, it will pull more then 5 and not pull whatever essentia is required next.

Also loving the fact that I'm using botania to spawn the mobs that my bloodmagic alter kills to get the drops picked up by buildcraft to feed my thaumcraft essentia needs. Also the fact that I can control my fueling for botania with buildcraft gates is amazing.

Can't wait to start with all the millionaire stuff as soon as we update.

Also, anybody have a way to fill thaumcraft staffs from energized nodes instead of a regular mode?

And another thing, automagy rocks! Got a setup to bully nodes so that we can move all of an aspect over. Going for a 100cv of all aspect super node.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I actually wasn't even able to find reference to a humidity level wetter than 'Damp' in the standard Forestry wiki-stuff - which was why the idea of an 'up 1' at that end of the spectrum confused me. (Although I am slightly amused that I can have a hive sitting in the Ocean, with water on 5 of the 6 sides and it's 'not wet enough'. :D )
when you say 'not wet enough' what exactly is telling you that it is not wet enough? and not wet enough for what?

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of thaumcraft stuff....

For the people who have the chest and jar seals working, are you running default mod pack, server or ssp, forge or cauldron?

SSP, and only a single pair of chest seals. I think you need two, one for the original chest, and a second to attune to it and smack on another. That said, when the seals pop off, they revert to plain, untargeted seals, so you'll have to retarget them to chests (as opposed to targeting them for jars).

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019

And anybody been able to get a setup with the essentia mirror pump thing to work the does not cause it to backstuff with extra essentia? When hooked up to something that requires more then one essentia, say 5 ignis, it will pull more then 5 and not pull whatever essentia is required next.

I'm using the jar seals, default single player (.74 i think right now?) and i dunno what you mean by forge or cauldron. I use the ftb launcher? Anything you wanna know about em, just ask... i did a bunch of creative testing beforehand, so ive got a pretty good understanding.

Essentia pump I have not gotten to work at all, and i have tried. Really wish it did. Problem seems to be that it says it is supposed to match the suction of whatever it's attached to, but I attach it to a alchemical construct and queue up a crafting recipe, construct gets proper suction but the pump is always stuck at 0. Tried with pipes between too, same result. The pump was actually my first choice for autocrafting instead of the jar binding seals; if the pump worked, i'd have no need for the jars.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the jar seals, default single player (.74 i think right now?) and i dunno what you mean by forge or cauldron. I use the ftb launcher? Anything you wanna know about em, just ask... i did a bunch of creative testing beforehand, so ive got a pretty good understanding.

Essentia pump I have not gotten to work at all, and i have tried. Really wish it did. Problem seems to be that it says it is supposed to match the suction of whatever it's attached to, but I attach it to a alchemical construct and queue up a crafting recipe, construct gets proper suction but the pump is always stuck at 0. Tried with pipes between too, same result. The pump was actually my first choice for autocrafting instead of the jar binding seals; if the pump worked, i'd have no need for the jars.
Just to make sure, you are using essentia mirrors, right? The pump pulls from the mirrors like an infusion altar.

Reactions: JustHeyo

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Just to make sure, you are using essentia mirrors, right? The pump pulls from the mirrors like an infusion altar.

it should work with mirrors or jars or, what i was going to use it with, the essentia locus. but it wont work with anything if it's got no suction, and yes, i tried it with all 3.

Reactions: JustHeyo

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
when you say 'not wet enough' what exactly is telling you that it is not wet enough? and not wet enough for what?

Bees. I'll breed up a queen and get a 'Hostile Environment' notice. Do the scan, and she's either Damp (none) or Damp (up 1). So, she goes into the 'make a new biome' chest. I've got a couple Normal temp/Normal humidity areas and all the different flower types (Well, except for the dragon egg), and everything else is Hot/Arid at the moment.

On the bright side, I'm most of the way towards having all the materials for making Alvearies, which will eliminate the biome problem. I have a pure Imperial strain chugging along and over a stack of Royal Jelly already stored, and I'm working up to the Industrious for the pollen clusters. Honey, beeswax and wood were collected along the way. The 'problem' bees are attempts at other lines 'since I have the parents at hand'.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Bees. I'll breed up a queen and get a 'Hostile Environment' notice. Do the scan, and she's either Damp (none) or Damp (up 1). So, she goes into the 'make a new biome' chest. I've got a couple Normal temp/Normal humidity areas and all the different flower types (Well, except for the dragon egg), and everything else is Hot/Arid at the moment.

On the bright side, I'm most of the way towards having all the materials for making Alvearies, which will eliminate the biome problem. I have a pure Imperial strain chugging along and over a stack of Royal Jelly already stored, and I'm working up to the Industrious for the pollen clusters. Honey, beeswax and wood were collected along the way. The 'problem' bees are attempts at other lines 'since I have the parents at hand'.
well, you could always use binniesmods to acclimatize the bee(s) to any biome type you want

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm getting the infrastructure in place for that, actually - although my initial decision was more based on getting those darn Rocky Bees to give me an increasing population (breeding for Fertility is dicey at best). I'm going to be putting all the labware into the top level of the sea-dome, probably with a Biogas power system tucked into the level below.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
SSP, and only a single pair of chest seals. I think you need two, one for the original chest, and a second to attune to it and smack on another. That said, when the seals pop off, they revert to plain, untargeted seals, so you'll have to retarget them to chests (as opposed to targeting them for jars).
Did you have both in your hand at the same time stacked like, or one at a time?

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019

I had both separate, I think (I seem to recall them not stacking, but it's been awhile; if they do stack, then they were stacked). Either way, it doesn't matter, I don't think. You need one seal to place on the first chest, and another to attune and place on each additional linked chest, so a minimum of two is required for any sort of functionality. As for when they popped off, it was only ever with one chest, so it wasn't some wonky stacking bug that caused it to revert.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
I had both separate, I think (I seem to recall them not stacking, but it's been awhile; if they do stack, then they were stacked). Either way, it doesn't matter, I don't think. You need one seal to place on the first chest, and another to attune and place on each additional linked chest, so a minimum of two is required for any sort of functionality. As for when they popped off, it was only ever with one chest, so it wasn't some wonky stacking bug that caused it to revert.

(pretty sure i dont disagree with anything TestyMan said, just telling the whole story from the top cuz it flows easier that way)

The first time you click on a new chest (or jar, they work the same way), it creates a new network and consumes 1 seal. if you do this with a stack, or a single item, in my experience it works just fine and consumes just 1 (yes, the seals do stack up to 64).

once you made a network, you click on the networked chest or jar with another seal and that binds the seal to the network (and will show the location of the chest or jar in the tooltip of that seal). when i did this part with a stack, it semi-bugged and the rest of the stack disappeared for a few seconds, but then reappeared in my inventory. I assume this has something to do with the fact that you can link as many seals to a networked chest or jar as you like, so when you click with a stack, the click is 'valid' for every item in the stack (but then somehow it fixes itself and only links 1 seal). Anyhow, then you proceed to use the linked seal on another un-networked chest or jar, and it gets added to that respective network.

Reactions: Booker The Geek