[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

SparkmanTX

Jul 29, 2019
This is caused when you try to view the Area of Effect on a flower with the Mob Spawnable Block indicator turned on (F7). Just turn that off and you're good. I usually leave it off anyways as it lags even on my relatively powerful PC.
Thank you. I'll try that.

WidjettyOne

Jul 29, 2019
How does one unlock the Thaumcraft quests? I have finally grown a Greatwood Tree, I have an extreme infusion stone, and I have a portal to alfheim. I feel like I'm a long way through, but I've only managed to unlock the iron wand, crucible and thaumometer quests in the thaumcraft page. I could just go ahead and do thaumcraft stuff without the quests, I think, but I don't want to accidentally skip ahead.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
How does one unlock the Thaumcraft quests? I have finally grown a Greatwood Tree, I have an extreme infusion stone, and I have a portal to alfheim. I feel like I'm a long way through, but I've only managed to unlock the iron wand, crucible and thaumometer quests in the thaumcraft page. I could just go ahead and do thaumcraft stuff without the quests, I think, but I don't want to accidentally skip ahead.
Sounds like you've gotten to your greatwood sapling through means other than following through the Witchery Treefyd quest, my guess is you did it by getting the needed treefyd seed by trading with the polynesia charm. I might just have to make that treefyd seed quest a detection task...

RTiger

Jul 29, 2019
Still hitting a roadblock in the form of the blaze essence quest. At least tell me what chapter has the quest that will finally allow me to make nether seeds.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Still hitting a roadblock in the form of the blaze essence quest. At least tell me what chapter has the quest that will finally allow me to make nether seeds.

This is a common issue. I recommend searching the thread instead of clogging it up with the same question that's been asked repeatedly.

RTiger

Jul 29, 2019
I have, but its a bit hard to sift through 400 pages one page at a time.

All I can figure is getting nether essence is a quest reward at some point, but none of the quests I have finished so far have led me to that. Above that, I am tying to get redstone so I can have an easier time with Botania. The need for obsidian has also been troublesome, though I have already been to the nether without gathering any.

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019

All I can figure is getting nether essence is a quest reward at some point, but none of the quests I have finished so far have led me to that. Above that, I am tying to get redstone so I can have an easier time with Botania. The need for obsidian has also been troublesome, though I have already been to the nether without gathering any.

Use the Seach function.. you can search just this subforum only.

Reactions: TestyMan

WidjettyOne

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you've gotten to your greatwood sapling through means other than following through the Witchery Treefyd quest, my guess is you did it by getting the needed treefyd seed by trading with the polynesia charm. I might just have to make that treefyd seed quest a detection task...
I didn't trade for it, but I did make it without going far through witchery - I just tried to get each of the ingredients as quickly as possible.

Here's the a screenshot of where I'm up to in the witchery quests:
Abes3kq.png

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Use the Seach function.. you can search just this subforum only.

This. Exactly this. Why do so many people seem to have such a hard time comprehending a simple search function? Does absolutely no one understand what the seachbox at the top right of every page of this thread is for? It's just... mind boggling.

Reactions: Mindfeak926

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019

Lava + water + vat = obsidian = essence...... there now got it???

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, It's been so long since i did that quest i forgot, ....
I thought the obsidian give you essence as a reward.But i'm at work so what do i know?

Or at least that trigers the essence quest i think

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, It's been so long since i did that quest i forgot, ....
I thought the obsidian give you essence as a reward.But i'm at work so what do i know?

Or at least that trigers the essence quest i think

More or less. I'm honestly surprised at how that guy whose name is on the previous page missed the nether essence and seed quests if he's already been to the nether. Likely didn't give it a good read-through like he shoulda before asking on here.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
They work for me. I have a fairly complicated BC system for my smeltery that pipes out the liquids with a wooden fluid pipe, then redirects it using diamond fluid pipes into separate block casters, which in turn have their contents pulled out by BC item pipes. So many wooden engines and redstone torches... I really have to get around to making a laser crafting system.

Maybe the diamond pipes end up being a workaround for the issue. I'm using a single wooden fluid pipe on a casting table, and it eats some of the fluids.

Nether essence should appear with the other seed quests when you enter the Nether, assuming you entered it through the intended progression questline (making obsidian in a vat, as opposed to early casting of a portal with clay lava buckets for example).

Last edited:

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
Any ETA for 0.8 yet? Contemplating on restarting my lets play ... but that doesn't make much sense if 0.8 is just around the corner.