[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm pretty sure this has been answered a lot previously, but I do not want to search through all of the forums to find the specific post so please forgive me for posting this here.

I just updated my world to 0.74 and i'm stuck on the "Loading World" screen. What should I do about this?

You don't have to search through all of the forums as far as I know. There's a little search bar up at the top right that you can use to search just this thread.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Fish oil is given to you quite early in the book but you can only use it when you get iron. Clay buckets dont work and it cant be piped until you get redstone.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so I just had a crash before I went to bed. When I woke up I tried to reload my world, but the server kept continually crashing. I checked the logs and there is an error loading HQM data, so I do the sane thing and rename the HQM data files to something else.

I can load the world now just fine, but for some reason I am a zombie with a permanent 3 second duration nausea effect???

Anyone have any ideas on what I could do? I tried Milk already :D

EDIT: It looks like my world is completely fucked somehow. Every time I try to load it, the javaw process takes up 100% CPU and it barely renders. Client side I can move around just fine, but the internal server is completely borked.

No idea what to do at this point... If I can't fix this I might honestly give up on this mod pack, it's just way too unstable at this point.

EDIT: Figured out what the nausea thing was - The world crash not only corrupted several chunks in my world but it nuked my LP network, so I had Blood Magic rituals attempting to consume LP without anything to fuel them, hence the constant nausea.

Imagine how much fun it was running around with nausea effect digging up ritual stones to turn shit off :eek:

I still don't know what caused the original crash, but I've been getting them so frequently since the .7X updates it could literally be anything.

Last edited:

Gekko

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see any circles around the cauldron, without them the cost will be much higher so maybe you either need circles to reduce the cost or more altar power?
So the cauldron should be placed inside the circle? Like the ritual circle?
Maybe one day I'll understand witchery :)

Mokradin

Jul 29, 2019
Fish oil is given to you quite early in the book but you can only use it when you get iron. Clay buckets dont work and it cant be piped until you get redstone.
Use a faucet instead, it works with any tank or fluid container

Gekko

Jul 29, 2019
The Witchery books would likely help with that if you care to give them a read.
Hehe, I'm definitely reading the books, several times even, however there's a lot of vague information in the books as well as on the web. I pressume that's part of the whole idea behind these magic mods, that there are some rules that are not completely written down. Thaumcraft has the same thing. If you took the time to actually read my previous posts, you would probably see that my question actually involved stuff that was written in the books and being different from the HQM-presentation :)
At this specific problem, I actually thought that the circle just had to be in the nearby vicinity (which it also is), mistakes happen. I don't know how the witchery books would have helped me here :)

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe, I'm definitely reading the books, several times even, however there's a lot of vague information in the books as well as on the web. I pressume that's part of the whole idea behind these magic mods, that there are some rules that are not completely written down. Thaumcraft has the same thing. If you took the time to actually read my previous posts, you would probably see that my question actually involved stuff that was written in the books and being different from the HQM-presentation :)
At this specific problem, I actually thought that the circle just had to be in the nearby vicinity (which it also is), mistakes happen. I don't know how the witchery books would have helped me here :)

I recall one of the Witchery books having a diagram showing which circles had to be centered on the cauldron with varying effects based on color, and I also recall them specifying that only small and medium circles would work.

EDIT 1: From the Google Sites Witchery Wiki cauldron page:

In general, casting a brew as a spell, uses more altar power then bottling potions, so be prepared for this. It is possible to surround the cauldron with circle glyphs to reduce the power costs, white circles reduce the costs moderately, infernal circles, reduce the costs significantly (but increase the risks).

Please note these circles are different from those used in Circle Magic only rites.

EDIT 2: The Witches' Brews book, Cauldron Rituals chapter, go right to the Risks and Power section. That has the diagrams I mentioned, states that the cauldron must be surrounded by chalk glyphs, and more or less tells you what you're saying it doesn't.

Last edited:

Wrulfy

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to make a drop of luck for a redstone soup, my altar has over 5000 power, but the cauldron is doing nothing.

Any suggestions? If I store the cauldron content in 3 buckets can I put it again for try it later, without losing the ingredients?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to make a drop of luck for a redstone soup, my altar has over 5000 power, but the cauldron is doing nothing.

Any suggestions? If I store the cauldron content in 3 buckets can I put it again for try it later, without losing the ingredients?
May as well get this out of the way... if it's not working, you've probably lost those ingredients. Chances are you tossed in the ingredients in the wrong order, or forgot something. Make sure to toss in the ingredients in the order listed in the book/NEI, and (of course) don't forgot any ;). But yeah, you'll need another set of ingredients to get that done.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
I recall one of the Witchery books having a diagram showing which circles had to be centered on the cauldron with varying effects based on color, and I also recall them specifying that only small and medium circles would work.

EDIT 1: From the Google Sites Witchery Wiki cauldron page:

In general, casting a brew as a spell, uses more altar power then bottling potions, so be prepared for this. It is possible to surround the cauldron with circle glyphs to reduce the power costs, white circles reduce the costs moderately, infernal circles, reduce the costs significantly (but increase the risks).

Please note these circles are different from those used in Circle Magic only rites.

EDIT 2: The Witches' Brews book, Cauldron Rituals chapter, go right to the Risks and Power section. That has the diagrams I mentioned, states that the cauldron must be surrounded by chalk glyphs, and more or less tells you what you're saying it doesn't.

The trouble with reading the internet is this pack specifically says the recipes have changed so you tend to hope one will work but you dont really know if it will.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
The trouble with reading the internet is this pack specifically says the recipes have changed so you tend to hope one will work but you dont really know if it will.

You ought to read a little better. I never mentioned a single recipe, and the topic at hand was not recipes. The topic was the circle functionality as applied to cauldron brewing, which is not a recipe by any stretch of the imagination.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
You ought to read a little better. I never mentioned a single recipe, and the topic at hand was not recipes. The topic was the circle functionality as applied to cauldron brewing, which is not a recipe by any stretch of the imagination.
I read perfectly fine. I said this pack makes changes that you shouldnt rely on the internet being correct. You assumed I referred to the circle and not the brew or internet in general. But as I referred recipes Im not sure why you thought I said circle.

Last edited:

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I read perfectly fine. I said this pack makes changes that you shouldnt rely on the internet being correct.

The changes are recipe changes. The closest non-recipe change that I'm aware of is the expanding of mutandis-plant options. Furthermore, it's rather doubtful that any modpack maker would alter the non-recipe functionality of most mods, especially one as complicated and well self-documented as Witchery is, considering how looking in the books for circle magic setups and whatnot would cause quite a bit of confusion. What you're suggesting is a reasonable assumption is similar to asking if circle magic uses triangles instead of circles because the pack changes recipes, which I simply can't say is a logical conclusion at all.

AdmiralEinstein

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to say I love this pack! I have been playing it for several weeks now and the alterations and thought that went into redoing so much of the basic mod interactions is amazing.
I can tell a lot of thought and attention has been given and it shows.
Very Well Done!! Looking forward to the continuing development :)

Now if we could only get NEI to a stable version where it wont crash me to desktop every time the server restarts it would be even better.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to say I love this pack! I have been playing it for several weeks now and the alterations and thought that went into redoing so much of the basic mod interactions is amazing.
I can tell a lot of thought and attention has been given and it shows.
Very Well Done!! Looking forward to the continuing development :)

Now if we could only get NEI to a stable version where it wont crash me to desktop every time the server restarts it would be even better.

Not sure if this is what you meant, but if you get disconnected back to the menu, make sure to completely quit minecraft and restart the client before re-connecting to the server (also applicable for single player worlds). :)