[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
This was the decision maker, there will be a 0.7.4. There are a few issues with 0.7.3 that I'm aware of that I'll fix for 0.7.4

I, on the other hand, would like to thank all the bug reporters - not only were all of them playing Regrowth, the volume of them convinced me that this is a bug worth looking into, even if it took me the better chunk of a day.

(Also, the bugfix gave me, or rather MatthiasM2, an idea for a rather large optimization of BuildCraft fluid pipes, so there's that)

Richard Swingle

Jul 29, 2019

scourge728

Jul 29, 2019
1. Engines need a redstone signal to turn on
2. They also need somewhere to actually put the power - attach a wooden or emerald kinesis pipe to it
thx for the help :D
but two more questions

2vkl020.png

and
8yi7hd.png

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
thx for the help :D
but two more questions

2vkl020.png

and
8yi7hd.png

Here, you need to do this:
1. Plug in a wooden (extracting) fluid pipe to the coke oven. (Or an emerald one, if you have enough funds.)
2. Plug in a redstone engine to the wooden fluid pipe.
3. Extend your wooden fluid pipe with non-extracting (like gold) fluid pipes to the destination machine/tank.
4. Send the engine a redstone signal for it to push energy to the pipe so it can start extracting.

dragon98man

Jul 29, 2019
Sotry if this was posted before but I'm up to needing gold seeds, aluminium seeds, and blaze essence. I can't for the life of me figure out where to get nether wart. I cant make fire runes without it. Tried to go to the nether and died a dozen times. Am I missing something?

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I dont have any greatwood, havent been able to make it yet. I read the faq nothing there in greatwood. I do have the book
The FAQ is missing the greatwood requirement. As I don't maintain it I can't add it. =)

But you need greatwood to make the research table and arcane workbench. I believe there is also a hidden quest that auto completes once you hold a greatwood sapling in your inventory. Or at least that was mentioned in this thread a couple of days ago.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Sotry if this was posted before but I'm up to needing gold seeds, aluminium seeds, and blaze essence. I can't for the life of me figure out where to get nether wart. I cant make fire runes without it. Tried to go to the nether and died a dozen times. Am I missing something?
As I recall you get 10 netherwart as a quest reward for going to the Nether. If not that specific quest it is a quest you have right about then.

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
We fix--- er, worked around the multiple fluids in one pipe issue in BC! (The one which caused so many people to lose their precious TCon metals). Sadly, BuildCraft comes without warranty and I don't have anything to pay you with for your unfortunate losses, except the bugfixed release right here!

That's certainly excellent service. :)

By your description of the defect does it mean that if the smeltery always only has one liquid in it, no liquid will be lost?

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
That's certainly excellent service. :)

By your description of the defect does it mean that if the smeltery always only has one liquid in it, no liquid will be lost?

Yes. The issue happens only when there are two liquids in a single fluid pipe tile at the same time, and we still don't know why.

As a workaround, you can also use emerald extraction pipes to filter the pipe to only extract one fluid. Or, of course, update to 6.4.7.

dragon98man

Jul 29, 2019
As I recall you get 10 netherwart as a quest reward for going to the Nether. If not that specific quest it is a quest you have right about then.
Well I have been there but I haven'unlockn't seen it in the book. But maybe I didn't look hard enough

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
So supposedly you can air pump natural gas into a tank, but I've been trying to pump it into a mariculture tank with absolutely no results. There have been people in the thread complaining about this but no one's answered them. My question is, since I don't know much about Mariculture, what am I doing wrong? Attached screenshots: They weren't rendering so links [X][X]

Found a solution: [X]

Last edited:

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that I ended up losing about 5 of the Thaumcraft quests.. Only 2 of them are showing up now. Bleh, will have to figure out which ones I ended up losing cause I don't remember =(

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
The FAQ is missing the greatwood requirement. As I don't maintain it I can't add it. =)

But you need greatwood to make the research table and arcane workbench. I believe there is also a hidden quest that auto completes once you hold a greatwood sapling in your inventory. Or at least that was mentioned in this thread a couple of days ago.
The treefyd seed quest is also prereq to unlock the greatwood tree quest which should lead into the tables

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I dont have any greatwood, havent been able to make it yet. I read the faq nothing there in greatwood. I do have the book
How about Lapis? Or maybe crafting a distillery and a Treefyd seed? I know both are pre-reqs for Greatwood, but not sure how they are associated with that particular quest.

I'll add this in - hadn't touched it since 0.7 came out.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
So supposedly you can air pump natural gas into a tank, but I've been trying to pump it into a mariculture tank with absolutely no results. There have been people in the thread complaining about this but no one's answered them. My question is, since I don't know much about Mariculture, what am I doing wrong? Attached screenshots: They weren't rendering so links [X][X]

I had to dig around the web for a while before getting this to work for me.

First, get night vision. That way there is no chance of you blowing up the gas.

Once you are in the cave with natural gas (find bubbles underwater and dig down until you find cave) put down your air pump. You can shift click (don't recall if it is right or left click) the pump to see if it detects the gas. If it does it will give off particles when you click.

Now to get the gas in a tank. I was only able to get it to work by placing the pump on top of a mariculture tank. Then right click the pump as normal to operate the pump.

A video I found that might be helpful. Jump to 5:25

Reactions: JustHeyo and MrZwij

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I had to dig around the web for a while before getting this to work for me.

First, get night vision. That way there is no chance of you blowing up the gas.

Once you are in the cave with natural gas (find bubbles underwater and dig down until you find cave) put down your air pump. You can shift click (don't recall if it is right or left click) the pump to see if it detects the gas. If it does it will give off particles when you click.

Now to get the gas in a tank. I was only able to get it to work by placing the pump on top of a mariculture tank. Then right click the pump as normal to operate the pump.

A video I found that might be helpful. Jump to 5:25

The mariculture air pump has to have some space around it. I struggled for a long time because my pump was up against a block on the side. Once I put it in the middle of the cave, everything was groovy.

Reactions: Draconicrose