[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
In the quest "...Has a silver lining" I made my Thaumium capped Silverwood wand... used it for a bit and then realized I had not claimed the reward.. However, It will not detect the wand now... Since being made I had placed both of the foci, Equal trade and Warding. I did remove all foci as an attempt to get it recognized.

(using op quest book to mark it complete now)

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Gas leaks and tanking gas:

Got it to work with a little research. FTB wiki gave me the point I was missing. I used the air pump hand cranked (by me) in the gas cave, with a liquid tank beside it. When I first tried it failed, but I was at the bottom of my 1x2 shaft and the walls were close. The pump needs room to work. A shift right-click will show green particles when it's positioned well. Once I moved it out into the center of the cave (gagging and wheezing the whole time, lots of debuffs) and spun the pump wheel the tank went to half full almost instantly. A couple more spins and it was full. So I filled the other 4 empty tanks I had on me too.

My residual concern is it's been 10-15 minutes and I am still showing a poison debuff. My hearts are yellow-green, but not seeing any damage ticks. May have to poison myself to see if that clears it. Have some rotten flesh here somewhere... :)

Now to figure out how I want to use this gas.

Oh, you probably want to avoid engines and exposed sparks down there. I lit no torch and stuck to hand-cranking. I didn't not try to trigger an explosion, but everywhere I researched mentioned torches will set off the gas, and some also suggested redstone would, or engines.

Poison gone. Either the client relaunch did it, or the debuffs from the diamond dolly with a snowman spawner on it did. In either case, not an issue as long as there's some way it gets removed.

Last edited:

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
In the quest "...Has a silver lining" I made my Thaumium capped Silverwood wand... used it for a bit and then realized I had not claimed the reward.. However, It will not detect the wand now... Since being made I had placed both of the foci, Equal trade and Warding. I did remove all foci as an attempt to get it recognized.

(using op quest book to mark it complete now)

I wonder if it expects an empty wand? May need to craft another if that's the case, but I'm not at all convinced that's the issue.

ratmage99

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so update on the cross-breeding issue. I decided to reset everything and go into a fresh world, and I cannot crossbreed any witchery seeds. I placed down crops with Belladonna and Potato seeds, let them grow to mature, then put down cross-crops, and I get either potato or belladonna every time. I highly doubt that I'm just that immensely unlucky only with witchery seeds. Any ideas why this might happen? I'm using default configs and everything for 0.7.1

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so update on the cross-breeding issue. I decided to reset everything and go into a fresh world, and I cannot crossbreed any witchery seeds. I placed down crops with Belladonna and Potato seeds, let them grow to mature, then put down cross-crops, and I get either potato or belladonna every time. I highly doubt that I'm just that immensely unlucky only with witchery seeds. Any ideas why this might happen? I'm using default configs and everything for 0.7.1
I'm inclined to believe that you are just that unlucky. That or I've somehow stolen all of your luck before I even began a conversation with you, as I got mine in 1-2 tries when 0.7.1 came out. Since there's not special soil or block requirements for the early seeds, I really can't think of a reason that you aren't getting them other than just being THAT unlucky.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
It was empty when I created it, just not detected.
A lot of the times I have to open the quest book for it to complete the detection part of a detection task, it won't just notice that I've had the item in my inventory before. Maybe that's what you're running in to?

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
are they both fully grown b4 you place down the crosscrops?

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what the Bloodthorn's purpose is? Is a Botania Blood magic crossover, I'm guessing it's for auto-sacrifice?

ratmage99

Jul 29, 2019
Also, none of the Witchery, Natura, or Magical Crops seeds allow me to check their recipe in NEI, might that have something to do with it?

Edit: Yeah, I don't think anyone has this bad of luck. This is just the products of attempted crossbreeding http://i.imgur.com/r6l3ty3.png

Last edited:

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
That is not a bug, JABBA is defined to unify things in the ore dictionary based on the first instance. So If you have four types of copper, putting the first in you want will convert all other forms to that same type. This is an extension of that function, so not a bug, just an unintended consequence of JABBA doing what it is programmed to do.

It's not the same mechanic.

The seed conversion happens in the output chest, not in the barrel. So you can put a 10/10/10 seed in the final chest, and then run other seeds through the barrel. All will end up in the 10/10/10 stack.

Copper ingot conversion happens in the barrel, not when the barrel outputs ingots into the chest. If you put one type of copper in the chest, and another in the barrel, nothing will be converted

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
After reading about all the troubles getting scuba tanks to fill with air from the compressor, I just want to say...

MAH TANK IS FILLIN'!

Compressor does eat power. The hobbyist steam engine is underpowered so this will take a while, but there is red in the tank bar now. It seems you have to right-click and hold on the top of the compressor. I had no movement on the bottom and the top seems to be transparent from the side, so I am standing on a chest and aiming down at the top which I can see working because the power in the compressor drains as it pumps. And the bar on the tank is slowly moving right.

Actually, the power drain thing looks to be unrelated to the scuba tank filling (but to the compressor tank filling.) It appears it takes 1200rf for each compression. Even when not tapping the tank the power drops from 1200 to near zero once it gets that high.

Reactions: JustHeyo

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
After reading about all the troubles getting scuba tanks to fill with air from the compressor, I just want to say...

MAH TANK IS FILLIN'!

Compressor does eat power. The hobbyist steam engine is underpowered so this will take a while, but there is red in the tank bar now. It seems you have to right-click and hold on the top of the compressor. I had no movement on the bottom and the top seems to be transparent from the side, so I am standing on a chest and aiming down at the top which I can see working because the power in the compressor drains as it pumps. And the bar on the tank is slowly moving right.
i use ring of chordata with scuba helm :p no need for dat pesky air

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
i use ring of chordata with scuba helm :p no need for dat pesky air

Oh, I have been doing that too. But I wanted to see if I could make the scuba set work too. :)

I think the flippers are going to be more important for me, working on my underwater base as I am. Steering with the snorkel on is a major pain.