[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
i saw someone mention a while back to change a config file to get netherwart to grow in daylight. they didnt mention what file to change. since it isnt the agricraft files

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
i saw someone mention a while back to change a config file to get netherwart to grow in daylight. they didnt mention what file to change. since it isnt the agricraft files
It wasn't a config change, though that's getting changed with minetweaker in 0.7.2. For now, you'll need to either use a dark room for nether wart or just use nether essence seeds, since you can turn 5 essence into 16 nether wart.
Edit: Nm the second half of my statement, you do actually need a wart farm now.

Last edited:

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
It wasn't a config change, though that's getting changed with minetweaker in 0.7.2. For now, you'll need to either use a dark room for nether wart or just use nether essence seeds, since you can turn 5 essence into 16 nether wart.
This recipe was removed in .71 (confirmed) in order to make a wart farm have actual value

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
The Looni is a flower that converts Mana into chest loot. Everything from wheat and bread to Essences and Thaum items. (even overgrowth seed). I have 12 endoflames on a single feeder pumping out a drop every 35-40 seconds (I think it was)

The real items of value: (as I see it)

Greater (xxx) Catalyst (blood magic)
Overgrowth Seed
Essence of Certus
Enchanted books are good too for the Praecantatio that you get in the Essence crystallizer

I'm at work at the moment, but if you are interested I can post a picture of my "Wall 'o Loot" later

I would like to see your setup. I didn't even know about this until just now.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see your setup. I didn't even know about this until just now.

me either :p

The real challenge is the fuel for the Endoflames. I'm dropping coal blocks that last about 6 minutes per, so you need to plant the endoflames staggered out a couple minutes to minimize despawning.

Once it's set up, you get more loot that you can use… Fortunately thePhoenixLodge did a good job of editing what can be dropped in chests so it's not really OP, just incredibly "interesting".

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get cactus pieces rather than just the seeds? All I seem to be able to get are either the seeds or the green. Someone mentioned shift right click but that isn't working.

You're getting cactus green instead of cactus? Are you perhaps harvesting with a Tinker's Construct tool that has auto smelt on it?

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
was wondering something. about blood magic. are there quests for it yet or only thaumcraft? second note. will there be any server quests added? ive gotten a large amount of people on a server playing and those in groups are having an easier time getting certain quests done and its harder to do others. these mods could make an interesting set of server quests. that would require people each person in the group to do certain things and give out bigger rewards.

also would the pack dev have anything against Morpheus being in the server files?

I don't believe there are Blood Magic quests yet, but the pack is still in alpha and I believe all the magic mods will be covered eventually.

As for "server quests", there is no such thing in HQM. What you are suggesting would require a change to the mod.

keller11

Jul 29, 2019
so I might be completely missing this, but how do you unlock the Thaumcraft Quest line? I've gotten the shard seeds, crafted each of the shard, nothing. Help anyone?

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
I don't believe there are Blood Magic quests yet, but the pack is still in alpha and I believe all the magic mods will be covered eventually.

As for "server quests", there is no such thing in HQM. What you are suggesting would require a change to the mod.
well ive seen seperate quest lines one for servers and one for non servers. but you are right from what i have tested to have more then one person required for a quest to have certain items would require something added to the mod

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
so I might be completely missing this, but how do you unlock the Thaumcraft Quest line? I've gotten the shard seeds, crafted each of the shard, nothing. Help anyone?
Was mentioned above the you need faction .. Get your Arcanist score up with Botania

Bloodroot

Jul 29, 2019
You're getting cactus green instead of cactus? Are you perhaps harvesting with a Tinker's Construct tool that has auto smelt on it?

This was what happened to me before the .7 update, actually. I thought it was completely normal*, until I saw PurpleMentat getting actual cactus in a video. Until the patch, I got my cactus by transmuting slime and then just growing it on sand.

* It sort of made sense, since a number of flower crops were yielding dye instead of flowers.

Reactions: JustHeyo

Susjin

Jul 29, 2019
I have some problems here, when i updated my game and continue my map, some quests returned to be incomplete but i can do it again, but some quests can't be completed again, they can not be selected, and when i select an topic in my lexica botania the game crashes, so i decided to create a new world, but the first tinker's quest can't be completed,i have the tools and i crafted it and the quest don't complete. please i need help i like this modpack so much

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
thephoenixlodge, I would just like to say thank you for this pack:) I have little experiences with the super crafting frame other how it works. I don't know if anyone else knows this(I'm sure they do), but I thought would this work on the side of a jaba barrel! the answer is yes. Now I have a fairly easy way at crop sticks:p All I have to do is keep the barrel stocked with sticks. Its the little things.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
I have some problems here, when i updated my game and continue my map, some quests returned to be incomplete but i can do it again, but some quests can't be completed again, they can not be selected, and when i select an topic in my lexica botania the game crashes, so i decided to create a new world, but the first tinker's quest can't be completed,i have the tools and i crafted it and the quest don't complete. please i need help i like this modpack so much

Please read the FAQ for this modpack, it will answer most of your questions. https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4zr8le2nr9zh4d/regrowth-faq.txt

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
The real challenge is the fuel for the Endoflames. I'm dropping coal blocks that last about 6 minutes per, so you need to plant the endoflames staggered out a couple minutes to minimize despawning.

Once it's set up, you get more loot that you can use… Fortunately thePhoenixLodge did a good job of editing what can be dropped in chests so it's not really OP, just incredibly "interesting".
hah. i do this: floating hopper flower above the endoflames, open crate next to the floating hopper flower, throw a stack of coal blockzzz

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
thephoenixlodge, I would just like to say thank you for this pack:) I have little experiences with the super crafting frame other how it works. I don't know if anyone else knows this(I'm sure they do), but I thought would this work on the side of a jaba barrel! the answer is yes. Now I have a fairly easy way at crop sticks:p All I have to do is keep the barrel stocked with sticks. Its the little things.

It also works on the side of drawers ;)

Reactions: RehabOholic

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019

Nice one. No swirl needed, just poke the frame!

Reactions: RehabOholic

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
for botania you need to make a new lexica botania, open it's any section and use your old one again. for quests you can use /hqm edit i think it is, to cheat complete the quests you already done. tho its recommended to completely restart the quest book first, so your reputation goes as planned.