[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Just checking the obvious (no slight meant) - you are throwing some normal "seeds" in after the petals, yes?

Edit: Amusing double-post timing.
It happens. Double-posts, and forgetting the seeds / livingrock whatever to finish up a Botania process. Who knows how many times I've messed that up...

Lunetouche

Jul 29, 2019
"As of witchery 0.23 villages may grow in size and appear in more biomes. There are configuration options for controlling this too." So anyone seen if this lets us make our own little towns by starting with some spawn egg villagers ? :p

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
I've said many times Gendustry is not going in. And you are not limited to just two biome types - There are multiple ways in the pack to change biomes, whether through Thaumcraft/Witching Gadgets, Witchery or Blood Magic.
Will there be Blood Magic quests? And how do you get Thaumcraft quests?

laod

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, whoever mentioned using an emerald pipe for helping automate botania runes. It's a life saver. With the pipe set to round robin, I set the recipe in the pipe with any single item first and a living rock last, and put everything but that first item in the chest. Then I put the first item in the dropper, push the button on the dropper and, after everything falls on the altar, push the button on the dispenser with the wand. I love it!

Attachments

• 2015-03-19_05.43.47.png
    2015-03-19_05.43.47.png
    828.6 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: rihlsul

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
This really should be stickied on the first post
Has helped me a lot !

I think what I will do is post more in this thread with Rivvest's FAQ in a spoiler with some directions to the relevant bits. His FAQ was linked once, then buried a few dozen pages back and it's great.

Hey JimmyJam, see "===== 0.71 BUGS =====" section, item 1. I hope some of the other bits in this FAQ will also be of value, as much of it I learned through wasted mats and stumbling:

Originally posted at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4zr8le2nr9zh4d/regrowth-faq.txt?dl=0

===== Regrowth FAQ =====

Regrowth is available on the FTB Launcher (http://www.feed-the-beast.com), under the Third Party Packs tab.
The official Regrowth forum thread is at http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/57184/.
This FAQ was started with the 0.65 alpha release of Regrowth. Version-specific bugs will be noted as such.

===== UPGRADING FROM 0.65 =====

- Why is it taking so long to load my world?
In 0.70, many changes to the quest line cause HQM to spend a good amount of time figuring out how to update everything. As this still doesn't work properly, and you are comfortable doing so (make a backup of the world first!) go in and delete the minecraft/saves/<world>/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat file. This will reset all players' quest progress (a necessary step for upgrading anyway, see below).

- What changes should I be aware of regarding Agricraft and crop from prior versions?
0.70 introduced Garden Soil as a requirement for growing Botania flowers and Magical Crops. Botania flowers must be planted on UNTILLED Garden Soil. At this time, there is no way to turn TILLED Garden Soil back into UNTILLED Garden Soil.
Botania flowers and Magical Crops will not grow until they are replanted on the proper soil.
Cross-breeding between different plant types no longer results in stat increases. Sorry, no more using 10/10/10 sugar cane to boost the stats of the other plants.
Mutations will now only receive the average of the stats of their parents, not the full stats - so breeding 10/10/10 wheat with 10/10/10 carrots will get you 5/5/5 sugar cane.

- How do I upgrade from 0.65 to 0.71?
Regrowth is still in alpha, and often quests are being added, removed, and ordering changed, which causes some difficulties when upgrading. Additional, some retro-active world generation occurs with this update, resulting in some lag during the first load in the new version.
Note: Always take a backup of your world first! Do not apply these steps to your original save. In case of error, you can start over and try again.
Note: The time investment is proportional to how many quests you have completed. In my case, I had around 180 complete, and this process took me about 30 minutes.
Note: The initial upgrade of a world takes some time, be patient and ignore the HardcoreQuesting errors in the console, they are really just warnings. Keep waiting. My world takes around 5 minutes to upgrade, on a high-end system. Alternatively, you can delete the minecraft/saves/<world>/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat file prior to upgrading to speed things up. If you go this route, you can skip the steps to reset the book below, and begin on manual quest completion.
Once the world has loaded, pause your game -- there's still things happening in the background and you will notice lag. In my case, I found that waiting a few minutes then restarting Minecraft entirely got rid of that lag.
Now, onto the quest book. You'll notice that all of your reputation is lost, only Chapter 1 is available, and that it is a mishmash of completed quests. Fixing this is what's going to take the most time. Dump all of your inventory into some chests. The basic process will be to complete quests, collect rewards, then dump those rewards (unless you want to be a cheater and get double credit :p). Having a completely empty inventory makes this faster. Find a safe spot to stand where you can toss items away (I went for the ocean - void chests/bags/pipes are another option) . Life will be a lot easier if you are protected from monsters or if you turn on peaceful during the process.
You'll need to have cheats enabled to accomplish this, so if you're in single player, go to the menu and Open to LAN, be sure to select Enable Cheats. I don't play multiplayer, but I assume you will need op privileges for the next bit.
Now that you can run cheats, in the chat type: /hqm edit -- this will give you a quest book you can use to re-complete your quests.
Note: If you want to make things just right, do not just dive in and start completing quests! There is a potential to over-reward yourself with reputation.
The first thing you want to do, though counter-intuitive, is reset all the quests. This is done on the main menu page of the OP quest book by hold Control and Shift, then clicking the "Reset" button (Cmd + Shift on a Mac). This has to be done to clear out the problems in Chapter 1. If you do not do this, you will not be able to re-complete all Chapter 1 quests, which prevents some other quests from unlocking, which prevents you from getting your reputation points, and is not a good time.
Now that you have a completely reset quest book, go into chapter one, and shift-click on all the quests you have completed. There are new quests in here, so be sure to leave those incomplete. Once your inventory is full, time to dump it. The easiest way is to hold down Control, Alt, and Space, then click an item in your inventory. This will throw everything out (once for the hotbar, once for the rest). You can also use NEI's cheat mode, and shift-click the trashcan icon. Now give yourself another book with /hqm edit in the chat. Continue through the chapters, shift-clicking quests, claiming rewards, and dumping. You will have to bounce around between the chapters; some quests are triggered by reputation, or quests from other chapters. If you get caught up with where you were, congratulations, you are ready to toss the OP book, grab your gear, and get back to regrowing the world!
For me, this was not enough, I hit a wall - Quests weren't opening up that I knew I had completed, a bunch of ones in the Botania and Witchery quest lines, as well as a bunch from Chapter 5. Some quests are secretly triggered by holding items in your inventory. Pick up all of the following items you have or can make: Leather, Gold Ingot, Aluminium Ingot, Lapis Lazuli, Redstone, Shards, Diamond, Blaze Rod. This should unlock the rest of the quests and hopefully with that, you can continue completing quests to the point you were pre-upgrade.
Many cross-breeding quest had opened up in Chapter 9, and the first quest in Chapter 11 was available. I chose to cheat my way through the cross-breeding quests and ditch the rewards, but you may wish to keep the rewards, or trigger the completions legitimately by picking up the seeds for each of the plants. If you are powering through, be sure to pay attention to the other miscellaneous new quests that you have probably completed, either save those rewards, or complete those quests separately to avoid trashing rewards you do deserve.

- How can I get the pre-0.70 breeding behavior back?
Edit minecraft/config/agricraft/Configuration.cfg and change Farming difficulty to 1.

===== 0.71 BUGS =====

- Spawn Sheep / Spawn Bat recipes do not work
There seems to be some issue with it matching any color of wool. I was able to get the spawn sheep to work by adjusting the recipe to only accept white wool. You can edit minecraft/scripts/earlysurvival.zs, and find the line that starts with "val wool", make it look like: val wool = <minecraft:wool:0>;

- NEI Crashes
The crash log shows:
codechicken.nei.PositionedStack.setPermutationToRender(PositionedStack.java:95)
at yuuto.enhancedinventories.compat.nei.RecipeStoneCraftingHandler$CachedStoneCraftingRecipe.getCycledIngredients(RecipeStoneCraftingHandler.java:114)
- When Enhanced Inventories tries to put together the "Inventory Crafting" page from the Wool or Wood blocks, it crashes. This doesn't happen with cobblestone (the other ingredient in the Improved Stone Chest), so I think there's a problem with the way it's putting the list of all the woods/wools together for this screen. Easily replicated by looking at uses for any color of wool or any type of wood planks, and moving to "right" of the assembly tables page. The problem does not happen when looking at that recipe directly, just when it is generated from the wood or wool component. The only way I've found to fix it is to remove the mod. :( Alternatively, don't look at the uses for wool or wood planks. :)

The crash log shows:
appeng.integration.modules.NEIHelpers.NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.java:98)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:327)
If you load a world, everything is fine, but when you exit back to the Minecraft Main Menu and load any world again, you will hit the AE2 NEI crash when you look at any recipe. It is a known issue with Modtweaker and AE not liking recipes for the inscriber being reloaded due to it caching them. Workaround: Reload the client between world loads. Alternatively, comment out the lines in ae2.zs that being with "Insciber" by placing "//" in front of them on the same line. In the mekanism.zs file, comment out the line "Infuser.removeRecipe(mekCircuitBasic)" and the recipes.addShaped line below that. (*NOTE: this will break the intended progression of AE2 and Mekanism).

- Crash when opening the Lexica Botania (Alfheim Edition)
This is because Enchiridion 2 expects the original Lexica Botania to be opened prior to the Alfheim Edition. Craft a plain Lexica Botania first and open it prior to using your Alfheim Edition.

- Dire Wolves spawn in lit areas
This appears to be a bug in Enderzoo. There is no workaround other than to disable Direwolves entire, which can be done by editing minecraft/config/enderzoo/EnderZoo.cfg and setting B:direWolfEnabled=false

===== GENERAL =====

Most, if not all, of the custom mechanics are covered in the Quest Book. Be sure to read both pages thoroughly! Additionally, there are many recipe changes in the pack, so be sure to reference NEI as well.

- Can Iron Chests/Extra Utils/Thermal Expansion be added into this pack?
These goes against the pack's goal of avoiding common "go-to" mods and so they will not be added.

- Why is there no mini-map mod?
There is an in-game mechanism using Bibliocraft, quests for it unlock early.

- I am seeing strange messages in chat when I click blocks with a stick!
This is a feature of the Ruins mod; don't click blocks with a stick.

- What are my options to get rid of the wasteland and actually regrow the world?
Blood Magic, Witchery, and Thaumcraft all offer methods to change a biome.

- My Tinker's Construct tools are not leveling up!
This is intentional. You can still use the normal modifiers.

- How do I mine Thaumium-level ores?
To achieve the Thaumium mining level you can use a Terra Shatterer from Botania (requires terrasteel), a Thaumium pickaxe from Thaumcraft, a Koboldite pickaxe from Witchery, or a Pigiron pickaxe from Tinker's Construct (requires emerald).

- What's the tool mining level progression?
0. Flint, Bone, Vitreous
1. Netherrack, Copper
2. Iron
3. Bronze, Manasteel
4. Alumite, Elementium
5. Thaumium, Pigiron, Koboldite
6. Steel, Terrasteel, Elemental, Titanium
7. Cobalt, Ardite
8. Void, Manyullyn
9. Osmium, Bound, Chameleon, Refined Glowstone

- Where can I find more information about the mods?
*NOTE* Many recipes are changed for this modpack, so be sure to check NEI when crafting items. Botania, Tinker's Construct, Witchery, Thaumcraft and Mariculture provide information through in-game books.

Select mods with additional resources:
BuildCraft: http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/
Witchery: https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/
Botania: http://botaniamod.net/

===== GETTING STARTED =====

- What is this dirty water? Is it dangerous?
This is normal water in the wasteland biome. It is not dangerous, just ugly.

- How do I get grass blocks?
Use a pasture seed on dirt blocks.

- How do I get long/tall grass?
Use bone meal on grass blocks.

- How do I get saplings?
Use mutandis on long/tall grass.

- How do I get mushrooms?
Use mutandis on long grass or find them in caves or the Nether. Mushroom spores are also a quest reward, but these must be grown on mycellium.

- I died and now I have a potion effect "Soul Fray" - what is that?
This is from Blood Magic, it prevents you from self-sacrificing yourself to death repeatedly. Otherwise, it has no effect.

===== QUEST BOOK =====

- What's the best way to get clay for the Couper's Conductance quest?
The Horn of the Wild speeds up collecting clay from the dried grasses in the world and tall grass that you have bonemealed yourself. You can find clay in the oceans (better get a snorkel first!), and there is an early quest in Chapter 3 that will reward you with a Clayconia, which is used to turn sand into clay.

- I've done all the quests in a chapter, but it is still not showing 100% complete!
There are secret/hidden quests, that will only be revealed when you've met the initial requirements.

- What are the secret quests?
Go caving, maybe you'll find something unexpected!
It sure would be nice if that mob spawner weren't so far away..
There are a lot of beehives around, perhaps you can scoop them up?

===== AGRICRAFT / FARMING =====

- What are cross crops?
Two crops (the item) on the same block.

- How do I get sugarcane?
Place cross crops on sand between carrots and wheat. Let the plants mature and then wait.

- How do I get plants to crossbreed?
Place cross crops between the two parent plants, and the appropriate soil in between. Plants will only spread when they are mature and have enough light.

- What are all of the crossbreeds?
All seeds are listed in NEI. Some require special soils.

- What plants require special soils?
Sugarcane, cactus require sand; mushrooms require mycellium; netherwart requires soul sand. All Botania flowers require UNTILLED Garden Soil. All Magical Crops require TILLED Garden Soil.

- Bone meal is not working on my (non-magical) crops! Magical fertiliser is not working on my (magical) crops!
In most cases, this is because of a low light level. Place a torch closer.

- Bone meal is not working on my (magical) crops!
Use magical fertiliser.

- How do I get more seeds?
Cross crops placed next to fully grown crops will eventually spread and create a new plant.

- How do I increase my seeds' stats?
[v0.65 only] Any newly grown seeds have a chance of gaining stats, whether it is the result of crossbreeding with a different species (even if there is no chance of mutation).
[v0.70+] Newly grown seeds of the same parent will have a chance of gaining stats. You can no longer crossbreed with plants of different species to gain stats.

- What is the range of the sprinkler?
The range is a 7-block square, centered on the sprinkler.

- What items can be composted to make Garden Soil?
All seeds and most foods, sticks, zombie flesh. Shift-clicking an item into the composter will only work if the item is acceptable. All items give the same amount of progress (1/8). For efficiency, you can turn pumpkins into seeds for 4x the Garden Soil. Sticks are a good option early game.

===== BOTANIA =====

- How do I complete a runic altar recipe?
Place the components into the runic altar by right clicking, or dropping ("q"). Right-click with the Wand of the Forest. The item and a circular progress meter will show and will fill as mana is infused. Once the mana infusion is complete, drop ("q") a piece of livingrock on top of the runic altar then right-click with the Wand of the Forest.

- [v0.65 only] Cactus is not working in altar/alchemy catalyst recipes!
[BUG] Workaround: Place all your cactus on sand and then pick them up. This will be fixed in the next version.

===== MARICULTURE =====

- [v0.65 only] My crucible furnace crashes the game / the bottom half of the cruicible furnace has vanished!
[BUG] No workaround at this time. This will be fixed in the next release.

- [v0.65 only] Fish Feeder tank size does not report correctly / the Fish Feeder will not accept my fish food.
[BUG] Workaround: Remove the fish and place them back into the Fish Feeder.

===== TECHNICAL =====

- The Wooden Engine recipe shows redstone as a component and isn't working!
[BUG] Workaround: Restart the game. Sometimes this recipe reverts to its default. The Redstone Engine recipe in this pack requires a lever instead of redstone, and has been renamed to a Wooden Engine.

- [v0.65 only] ServerStart.bat file won't launch the server.
[BUG] Agricraft is out of date. Take the version of Agricraft from your client and put it into server mods. Open ServerStart.bat and change the forge version to forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1277 instead of forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1272. If you are using Java 7, capitalize the 'P' in "permSize=256m". If you are using Java 8, remove the "permSize=256m" altogether. Then run ServerStart.bat - this will fail, but create a bunch of files. Open eula.txt and change "eula=false" to "eula=true". Finally, run ServerStart.bat again.

- [v0.71 only] ServerStart.bat file won't launch the server: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Ljoshie/enchiridion/wiki/gui/GuiMain;
[BUG] You can either remove the Enchiridion 2 mod from the server, or update config/enchiridion/enchiridion2.cfg and set "Disable Autodiscovery"=false.

- Textures for Quadrum blocks (Dead Wood, Slate) are not showing up properly.
[BUG] Workaround: Turn off Anisotropic Filtering in your video settings.

===============
FAQ Update history:
2015-03-08 - Initial Draft - rivvest
2014-03-16 - Update for 0.71

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
"As of witchery 0.23 villages may grow in size and appear in more biomes. There are configuration options for controlling this too." So anyone seen if this lets us make our own little towns by starting with some spawn egg villagers ? :p
I feel like that means new villages will be larger... but I haven't looked at the configs either.

Lunetouche

Jul 29, 2019
Reading back through the witchery thread it seems unless we turn on the world gen, no super villages for us :p
Bit of shame but i can imagine it causing dramas in some setups if suddenly a town started spawning under peoples blood magic altars etc :p
3200 garden soil later, my essence farm is finally converted :D "go big or go home" backfired hard with that change :D

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong? I removed the holden fluid pipes because I'm not sure what to do. I have a 16 tall sluice that I'd like to get pressurized water into a pressure tank and then pipe it to...well I'll figure out that part later. It's for power!

http://imgur.com/5kDBIr5

Acidion

Jul 29, 2019
So I upgraded my server and client to 0.7.1 and everything seems to have gone smoothly except that my quests seem to have reset. Anything I can do about this?

anubisrwml

Jul 29, 2019
I think my only complaint is the obvious lack of automation in the pack - unless I'm missing something there's no way to automate botania's floral fertilizer production for example. If Steve's Carts were used it might be easier but still not sure. I love the pack but some things after doing it over and over and over and over and over gets tedious.

rihlsul

Jul 29, 2019
So I upgraded my server and client to 0.7.1 and everything seems to have gone smoothly except that my quests seem to have reset. Anything I can do about this?

Hey Acidion,

This is a pretty big thread now, and it's tough to find the most recent and relevant answers in a few hundred pages. What should help you out is the section 1.0 in this FAQ below about upgrading. It's no small effort, which is the down side to running a fun pack that is still in alpha. Hope it helps you!

Originally posted at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4zr8le2nr9zh4d/regrowth-faq.txt?dl=0

===== Regrowth FAQ =====

Regrowth is available on the FTB Launcher (http://www.feed-the-beast.com), under the Third Party Packs tab.
The official Regrowth forum thread is at http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/57184/.
This FAQ was started with the 0.65 alpha release of Regrowth. Version-specific bugs will be noted as such.

===== [1.0] UPGRADING FROM 0.65 TO 0.7x =====

[1.1] Why is it taking so long to load my world?
In 0.70, many changes to the quest line cause HQM to spend a good amount of time figuring out how to update everything. As this still doesn't work properly, and you are comfortable doing so (make a backup of the world first!) go in and delete the minecraft/saves/<world>/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat file. This will reset all players' quest progress (a necessary step for upgrading anyway, see below).

[1.2] What changes should I be aware of regarding Agricraft and crop from prior versions?
0.70 introduced Garden Soil as a requirement for growing Botania flowers and Magical Crops. Botania flowers must be planted on UNTILLED Garden Soil. At this time, there is no way to turn TILLED Garden Soil back into UNTILLED Garden Soil. Botania flowers and Magical Crops will not grow until they are replanted on the proper soil.

Cross-breeding between different plant types no longer results in stat increases. Sorry, no more using 10/10/10 sugar cane to boost the stats of the other plants.

Mutations will now only receive the average of the stats of their parents, not the full stats - so breeding 10/10/10 wheat with 10/10/10 carrots will get you 5/5/5 sugar cane.

[1.3] How do I upgrade from 0.65 to 0.71?
Regrowth is still in alpha, and often quests are being added, removed, and ordering changed, which causes some difficulties when upgrading. Additional, some retro-active world generation occurs with this update, resulting in some lag during the first load in the new version.

Note: Always take a backup of your world first! Do not apply these steps to your original save. In case of error, you can start over and try again.

Note: The time investment is proportional to how many quests you have completed. In my case, I had around 180 complete, and this process took me about 30 minutes.

The initial upgrade of a world takes some time, be patient and ignore the HardcoreQuesting errors in the console, they are really just warnings. Keep waiting. My world takes around 5 minutes to upgrade, on a high-end system. Alternatively, you can delete the minecraft/saves/<world>/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat file prior to upgrading to speed things up. If you go this route, you can skip the steps to reset the book below, and begin on manual quest completion.
Once the world has loaded, pause your game -- there's still things happening in the background and you will notice lag. In my case, I found that waiting a few minutes then restarting Minecraft entirely got rid of that lag.

Now, onto the quest book. You'll notice that all of your reputation is lost, only Chapter 1 is available, and that it is a mishmash of completed quests. Fixing this is what's going to take the most time. Dump all of your inventory into some chests. The basic process will be to complete quests, collect rewards, then dump those rewards (unless you want to be a cheater and get double credit :p). Having a completely empty inventory makes this faster. Find a safe spot to stand where you can toss items away (I went for the ocean - void chests/bags/pipes are another option) . Life will be a lot easier if you are protected from monsters or if you turn on peaceful during the process.

You'll need to have cheats enabled to accomplish this, so if you're in single player, go to the menu and Open to LAN, be sure to select Enable Cheats. I don't play multiplayer, but I assume you will need op privileges for the next bit.

Now that you can run cheats, in the chat type: /hqm edit -- this will give you a quest book you can use to re-complete your quests.

Note: If you want to make things just right, do not just dive in and start completing quests! There is a potential to over-reward yourself with reputation.

The first thing you want to do, though counter-intuitive, is reset all the quests. This is done on the main menu page of the OP quest book by hold Control and Shift, then clicking the "Reset" button (Cmd + Shift on a Mac). This has to be done to clear out the problems in Chapter 1.

If you do not do this, you will not be able to re-complete all Chapter 1 quests, which prevents some other quests from unlocking, which prevents you from getting your reputation points, and is not a good time.

Now that you have a completely reset quest book, go into chapter one, and shift-click on all the quests you have completed. There are new quests in here, so be sure to leave those incomplete. Once your inventory is full, time to dump it. The easiest way is to hold down Control, Alt, and Space, then click an item in your inventory. This will throw everything out (once for the hotbar, once for the rest). You can also use NEI's cheat mode, and shift-click the trashcan icon.

Now give yourself another book with /hqm edit in the chat. Continue through the chapters, shift-clicking quests, claiming rewards, and dumping. You will have to bounce around between the chapters; some quests are triggered by reputation, or quests from other chapters. If you get caught up with where you were, congratulations, you are ready to toss the OP book, grab your gear, and get back to regrowing the world!

For me, this was not enough, I hit a wall - Quests weren't opening up that I knew I had completed, a bunch of ones in the Botania and Witchery quest lines, as well as a bunch from Chapter 5. Some quests are secretly triggered by holding items in your inventory. Pick up all of the following items you have or can make:
  • Leather
  • Gold Ingot
  • Aluminium Ingot
  • Lapis Lazuli
  • Redstone
  • Shards
  • Diamond
  • Blaze Rod
This should unlock the rest of the quests and hopefully with that, you can continue completing quests to the point you were pre-upgrade.

Many cross-breeding quest had opened up in Chapter 9, and the first quest in Chapter 11 was available. I chose to cheat my way through the cross-breeding quests and ditch the rewards, but you may wish to keep the rewards, or trigger the completions legitimately by picking up the seeds for each of the plants.

If you are powering through, be sure to pay attention to the other miscellaneous new quests that you have probably completed, either save those rewards, or complete those quests separately to avoid trashing rewards you do deserve.

[1.4] How can I get the pre-0.70 breeding behavior back?
Edit minecraft/config/agricraft/Configuration.cfg and change Farming difficulty to 1.

===== [2.0] 0.71 BUGS =====

[2.1] Spawn Sheep / Spawn Bat recipes do not work
There seems to be some issue with it matching any color of wool. I was able to get the spawn sheep to work by adjusting the recipe to only accept white wool. You can edit minecraft/scripts/earlysurvival.zs, and find the line that starts with "val wool", make it look like: val wool = <minecraft:wool:0>;

[2.2] NEI Crashes
If the crash log shows:
codechicken.nei.PositionedStack.setPermutationToRender(PositionedStack.java:95)
at yuuto.enhancedinventories.compat.nei.RecipeStoneCraftingHandler$CachedStoneCraftingRecipe.getCycledIngredients(RecipeStoneCraftingHandler.java:114)​

When Enhanced Inventories tries to put together the "Inventory Crafting" page from the Wool or Wood blocks, it crashes. This doesn't happen with cobblestone (the other ingredient in the Improved Stone Chest), so I think there's a problem with the way it's putting the list of all the woods/wools together for this screen. Easily replicated by looking at uses for any color of wool or any type of wood planks, and moving to "right" of the assembly tables page. The problem does not happen when looking at that recipe directly, just when it is generated from the wood or wool component.

The only way I've found to fix it is to remove the mod. :( Alternatively, don't look at the uses for wool or wood planks. :)

If the crash log shows:
appeng.integration.modules.NEIHelpers.NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.java:98)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:327)​

If you load a world, everything is fine, but when you exit back to the Minecraft Main Menu and load any world again, you will hit the AE2 NEI crash when you look at any recipe. It is a known issue with Modtweaker and AE not liking recipes for the inscriber being reloaded due to it caching them.

Workaround: Reload the client between world loads. Alternatively, comment out the lines in ae2.zs that being with "Insciber" by placing "//" in front of them on the same line. In the mekanism.zs file, comment out the line "Infuser.removeRecipe(mekCircuitBasic)" and the recipes.addShaped line below that. (*NOTE: this will break the intended progression of AE2 and Mekanism).

[2.3] Crash when opening the Lexica Botania (Alfheim Edition)
This is because Enchiridion 2 expects the original Lexica Botania to be opened prior to the Alfheim Edition. Craft a plain Lexica Botania first and open it prior to using your Alfheim Edition.

[2.4] Dire Wolves spawn in lit areas
This appears to be a bug in Enderzoo. There is no workaround other than to disable Direwolves entire, which can be done by editing minecraft/config/enderzoo/EnderZoo.cfg and setting B:direWolfEnabled=false

===== [3.0] GENERAL =====

Most, if not all, of the custom mechanics are covered in the Quest Book. Be sure to read both pages thoroughly! Additionally, there are many recipe changes in the pack, so be sure to reference NEI as well.

[3.1] Can Iron Chests/Extra Utils/Thermal Expansion be added into this pack?
These goes against the pack's goal of avoiding common "go-to" mods and so they will not be added.

[3.2] Why is there no mini-map mod?
There is an in-game mechanism using Bibliocraft, quests for it unlock early.

[3.3] I am seeing strange messages in chat when I click blocks with a stick!
This is a feature of the Ruins mod; don't click blocks with a stick.

[3.4] What are my options to get rid of the wasteland and actually regrow the world?
Blood Magic, Witchery, and Thaumcraft all offer methods to change a biome.

[3.5] My Tinker's Construct tools are not leveling up!
This is intentional. You can still use the normal modifiers.

[3.6] How do I mine Thaumium-level ores?
To achieve the Thaumium mining level you can use a Terra Shatterer from Botania (requires terrasteel), a Thaumium pickaxe from Thaumcraft, a Koboldite pickaxe from Witchery, or a Pigiron pickaxe from Tinker's Construct (requires emerald).

[3.7] What's the tool mining level progression?
0. Flint, Bone, Vitreous
1. Netherrack, Copper
2. Iron
3. Bronze, Manasteel
4. Alumite, Elementium
5. Thaumium, Pigiron, Koboldite
6. Steel, Terrasteel, Elemental, Titanium
7. Cobalt, Ardite
8. Void, Manyullyn
9. Osmium, Bound, Chameleon, Refined Glowstone

[3.8] Where can I find more information about the mods?
*NOTE* Many recipes are changed for this modpack, so be sure to check NEI when crafting items. Botania, Tinker's Construct, Witchery, Thaumcraft and Mariculture provide information through in-game books.

Select mods with additional resources:
BuildCraft: http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/
Witchery: https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/
Botania: http://botaniamod.net/

===== [4.0] GETTING STARTED =====

[4.1] What is this dirty water? Is it dangerous?
This is normal water in the wasteland biome. It is not dangerous, just ugly.

[4.2] How do I get grass blocks?
Use a pasture seed on dirt blocks.

[4.3] How do I get long/tall grass?
Use bone meal on grass blocks.

[4.4] How do I get saplings?
Use mutandis on long/tall grass.

[4.5] How do I get mushrooms?
Use mutandis on long grass or find them in caves or the Nether. Mushroom spores are also a quest reward, but these must be grown on mycellium.

[4.6] I died and now I have a potion effect "Soul Fray" - what is that?
This is from Blood Magic, it prevents you from self-sacrificing yourself to death repeatedly. Otherwise, it has no effect.

===== [5.0] QUEST BOOK =====

[5.1] What's the best way to get clay for the Couper's Conductance quest?
The Horn of the Wild speeds up collecting clay from the dried grasses in the world and tall grass that you have bonemealed yourself. You can find clay in the oceans (better get a snorkel first!), and there is an early quest in Chapter 3 that will reward you with a Clayconia, which is used to turn sand into clay.

[5.2] I've done all the quests in a chapter, but it is still not showing 100% complete!
There are secret/hidden quests, that will only be revealed when you've met the initial requirements.

[5.3] What are the secret quests?
  • Go caving, maybe you'll find something unexpected!
  • It sure would be nice if that mob spawner weren't so far away..
  • There are a lot of beehives around, perhaps you can scoop them up?

===== [6.0] AGRICRAFT / FARMING =====

[6.1] What are cross crops?
Two crops (the item) on the same block.

[6.2] How do I get sugarcane?
Place cross crops on sand between carrots and wheat. Let the plants mature and then wait.

[6.3] How do I get plants to crossbreed?
Place cross crops between the two parent plants, and the appropriate soil in between. Plants will only spread when they are mature and have enough light.

[6.4] What are all of the crossbreeds?
All seeds are listed in NEI. Some require special soils.

[6.5] What plants require special soils?
Sugarcane, cactus require sand; mushrooms require mycellium; netherwart requires soul sand. All Botania flowers require UNTILLED Garden Soil. All Magical Crops require TILLED Garden Soil.
Note: With 0.71, NEI will show the soil needs for mutations.

[6.6] Bone meal is not working on my (non-magical) crops! Magical fertiliser is not working on my (magical) crops!
In most cases, this is because of a low light level. Place a torch closer.

[6.7] Bone meal is not working on my (magical) crops!
Use magical fertiliser.

[6.8] How do I get more seeds?
Cross crops placed next to fully grown crops will eventually spread and create a new plant.

[6.9] How do I increase my seeds' stats?
[v0.65 only] Any newly grown seeds have a chance of gaining stats, whether it is the result of crossbreeding with a different species (even if there is no chance of mutation).
[v0.70+] Newly grown seeds of the same parent will have a chance of gaining stats. You can no longer crossbreed with plants of different species to gain stats.

[6.10] What is the range of the sprinkler?
The range is a 7-block square, centered on the sprinkler.

[6.11] What items can be composted to make Garden Soil?
All seeds and most foods, sticks, zombie flesh. Shift-clicking an item into the composter will only work if the item is acceptable. All items give the same amount of progress (1/8). For efficiency, you can turn pumpkins into seeds for 4x the Garden Soil. Sticks are a good option early game.
Note: With 0.71, if you mouseover the Composter's input slots, items that can be composted in your inventory are highlighted.

===== [7.0] BOTANIA =====

[7.1] How do I complete a runic altar recipe?
Place the components into the runic altar by right clicking, or dropping ("q"). Right-click with the Wand of the Forest. The item and a circular progress meter will show and will fill as mana is infused. Once the mana infusion is complete, drop ("q") a piece of livingrock on top of the runic altar then right-click with the Wand of the Forest.

[7.2] [v0.65 only] Cactus is not working in altar/alchemy catalyst recipes!
[BUG] Workaround: Place all your cactus on sand and then pick them up. This will be fixed in the next version.

===== [8.0] MARICULTURE =====

[8.1] [v0.65 only] My crucible furnace crashes the game / the bottom half of the cruicible furnace has vanished!
[BUG] No workaround at this time. This will be fixed in the next release.

[8.2] [v0.65 only] Fish Feeder tank size does not report correctly / the Fish Feeder will not accept my fish food.
[BUG] Workaround: Remove the fish and place them back into the Fish Feeder.

===== [9.0] TECHNICAL =====

[9.1] The Wooden Engine recipe shows redstone as a component and isn't working!
[BUG] Workaround: Restart the game. Sometimes this recipe reverts to its default. The Redstone Engine recipe in this pack requires a lever instead of redstone, and has been renamed to a Wooden Engine.

[9.2] [v0.65 only] ServerStart.bat file won't launch the server.
[BUG] Agricraft is out of date. Take the version of Agricraft from your client and put it into server mods. Open ServerStart.bat and change the forge version to forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1277 instead of forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1272. If you are using Java 7, capitalize the 'P' in "permSize=256m". If you are using Java 8, remove the "permSize=256m" altogether. Then run ServerStart.bat - this will fail, but create a bunch of files. Open eula.txt and change "eula=false" to "eula=true". Finally, run ServerStart.bat again.

[9.3] [v0.71 only] ServerStart.bat file won't launch the server: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Ljoshie/enchiridion/wiki/gui/GuiMain;
[BUG] You can either remove the Enchiridion 2 mod from the server, or update config/enchiridion/enchiridion2.cfg and set "Disable Autodiscovery"=false.

[9.4] Textures for Quadrum blocks (Dead Wood, Slate) are not showing up properly.
[BUG] Workaround: Turn off Anisotropic Filtering in your video settings.

===============
FAQ Update history:
2015-03-08 - Initial Draft - rivvest
2014-03-16 - Update for 0.71

Reactions: JustHeyo

Acidion

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you i appreciate that. However that is a more manual way....I can do this....but I was wondering if there was maybe a way to edit the dat file to fix this issue.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I think my only complaint is the obvious lack of automation in the pack - unless I'm missing something there's no way to automate botania's floral fertilizer production for example. If Steve's Carts were used it might be easier but still not sure. I love the pack but some things after doing it over and over and over and over and over gets tedious.

You can make it by dropping a stack of bonemeal into the mana pool, no automation needed.

rihlsul

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you i appreciate that. However that is a more manual way....I can do this....but I was wondering if there was maybe a way to edit the dat file to fix this issue.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, understandable. I did ask about that, but apparently it would be a beast of a project. If you find any better way, it would be incredibly helpful. I admit, across my several games with several different teams, doing all this manually was ... not my idea of a fun time.

Reverse_Farsight

Jul 29, 2019
IF you only want the fertiliser because you want lots of flowers, you can automate flower production without using fertiliser.

Mana pool + jaded amaranthus + drum of wild + redstone mana spreader + hopperhock will get you an infinite mystical flower farm. Otherwise, if you want the stuff just for mutandis or whatnot then yeah like someone said above, you can mass produce it easy enough by hand it sounds like.

Reverse_Farsight

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong? I removed the holden fluid pipes because I'm not sure what to do. I have a 16 tall sluice that I'd like to get pressurized water into a pressure tank and then pipe it to...well I'll figure out that part later. It's for power!

What good is sluice without water turbine? :eek:

Am I missing something? Are the water turbines included the updated pack?

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019

A pressure tank? I don't see one in NEI, so I'm assuming there isn't one. If you mean a tank holding pressurized water, it's listed as a liquid in NEI, so I could be wrong, but it should just be able to be stored in any tank that can hold any type of liquid, i.e. iron tanks from railcraft. The tricky part is picking up the liquid to store it for later use, since the pressure will destroy almost any block. Only thing I can think of in this pack that could pick up the pressurized water would be mek's electric pump or the BC pump. You can just set up a row of sluices that lead into a generator if you wish to go that route.

Anyways, good luck and I hoped that helped.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019

I'm confused as to what the problem is exactly. What part isn't working? I played with the sluice and turbine a little in 0.65, but did not actually set up a pressure vessel/tank multiblock. 0.7 dropped and I got distracted. :)

My testing did teach me a few things:

1) pressurized water is interesting and tricky. When exactly it interacts (read: destroys) terrain is a bit hard to predict so far. May be random. Does that obsidian actually prevent it completely?
2) Mariculture water-power related stuff is side sensitive. For example, I thought the turbine wasn't working... and it wasn't in my setup... because I was trying to pull from the face of the generator. Swiching to top/bottom or any side resolved that.
3) Pressurized water is very bursty as it comes out of the sluices. So your idea of storing it in a tank and then generating from the tank is sensible (though I didn't get to try that myself.) I do the same thing with steam, and prefer to do it with nuclear (in other packs) and regular power generation also for control and buffering reasons. With steam it let's me mix and match fuels more easily while maintaining a single generator front end structure. Not really an issue with hydro in this case though, the only real reason to use it is to steady up the grid supply so it's always on, rather than packetized.

By the way, the air pump is an easy test tool to see if power is actually coming out. It has a gui power indicator (and isn't used for much else most of the time.)

I am guessing you will need either a wooden/emerald liquid pipe on a correct side of a sluice, (I think any side or bottom will work, but not the front... which needs at least one space open for the water to generate.) or a golden pipe if it auto-ejects (as is common on a lot of Mariculture blocks, though most have a gui to control it and the sluice does not.) Will need one of those to exit the pressure vessel into the generator also.

And remember, you can't have a direct wooden/emerald liquid pipe connection between two liquid inventory blocks. They connect to the one pulled from, and must connect to another non-wooden/emerald pipe which then can feed into the target block. And they need a wooden engine or a gate with a pulsating upgrade, at least in most cases.

Wonder if iron tanks will take pressurized water and survive. They autoeject their fluids if you pull from the bottom.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused as to what the problem is exactly. What part isn't working? I played with the sluice and turbine a little in 0.65, but did not actually set up a pressure vessel/tank multiblock. 0.7 dropped and I got distracted. :)

My testing did teach me a few things:

1) pressurized water is interesting and tricky. When exactly it interacts (read: destroys) terrain is a bit hard to predict so far. May be random. Does that obsidian actually prevent it completely?
2) Mariculture water-power related stuff is side sensitive. For example, I thought the turbine wasn't working... and it wasn't in my setup... because I was trying to pull from the face of the generator. Swiching to top/bottom or any side resolved that.
3) Pressurized water is very bursty as it comes out of the sluices. So your idea of storing it in a tank and then generating from the tank is sensible (though I didn't get to try that myself.) I do the same thing with steam, and prefer to do it with nuclear (in other packs) and regular power generation also for control and buffering reasons. With steam it let's me mix and match fuels more easily while maintaining a single generator front end structure. Not really an issue with hydro in this case though, the only real reason to use it is to steady up the grid supply so it's always on, rather than packetized.

1) It does seem to be random which block will be destroyed next and when and yes, obsidian does prevent it from being destroyed. I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, it checks the blast resistance of the block for what can/can't be destroyed.
2) Look in the book, joshie, put a lovely picture in showing a correct setup. :D
3) I'm fairly certain that the pressurized water needs to be in the world to be used to create power, as it needs to hit the turbines. If the thought is having the generator in a different place from the pressurized production, then that's a reason to have it somewhere else. Otherwise, might as well just hook up a generator in front of the sluices and let them do their thing.