[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Going to try this as soon as I get home! Thanks!

Yeah I got the spores, but I have no idea how to grow them into mushrooms because I need Mycelium the book says. And the only way to get that in NEI is to either use Infestation Seeds, or have a mushroom already..

The nether seems to have a lot growing around, more so in nether fortress's. At least that how I found some on version 0.6.5.

weardo05

Jul 29, 2019
has anyone else had a crashing problem when some to using thaminomicon to look at aspects of magic along with using nei to look at aspects

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Not possible.

Well durn.
Okay, I can't find this anywhere in the Lexicon, Google, that Purple Mentat Youtuber, or NEI. How are you supposed to get Infestation Seeds for that quest? It shows you toss a mushroom in the Mana Pool, but to get a mushroom you need to plant the spores on Mycelium which you need Infestation seeds/a mushroom to make?!

No, you didn't check NEI. There's a recipe involving mushrooms and nature essence to get mycellium, and mutandis can produce mushrooms from saplings and grass and such. I had mycellium ages before I even got the infestation spore quest.

Hauzzr

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to report, it seems that looking up the recipe for the Improved chests in NEI causes my client to crash. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue?

EDIT: Didn't crash this time upon trying it. Interesting...

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
thephoenixloge, What would you think of adding Gendustry, http://bdew.net/gendustry/? You wouldn't have to add quest or anything for it, but it would be a nice way to help the players that want to do bees, but have the limitations of only 2 biome types. It's just a thought, and I'm ok if you think its a bad idea. Happy Gaming!
I've said many times Gendustry is not going in. And you are not limited to just two biome types - There are multiple ways in the pack to change biomes, whether through Thaumcraft/Witching Gadgets, Witchery or Blood Magic.

Eyrion

Jul 29, 2019
Well durn.

No, you didn't check NEI. There's a recipe involving mushrooms and nature essence to get mycellium, and mutandis can produce mushrooms from saplings and grass and such. I had mycellium ages before I even got the infestation spore quest.

Yes as a matter of fact I did. The recipe called for a mushroom that I did not have an was unable to grow, I wrote that. Thanks to a friendly fellow above I now know I can mutate to get mushrooms now which I previously thought not possible. So do tell me how I could possibly know to make it that way when I had no way of getting a mushroom?

Reactions: Reverse_Farsight

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Yes as a matter of fact I did. The recipe called for a mushroom that I did not have an was unable to grow, I wrote that. Thanks to a friendly fellow above I now know I can mutate to get mushrooms now which I previously thought not possible. So do tell me how I could possibly know to make it that way when I had no way of getting a mushroom?

Check the recipe for mycellium? Ya know, search NEI and hit R over the mycellium? I mean, I also told you how to mutate the mushrooms since mutandis operations don't show up on NEI.

Eyrion

Jul 29, 2019
Check the recipe for mycellium? Ya know, search NEI and hit R over the mycellium? I mean, I also told you how to mutate the mushrooms since mutandis operations don't show up on NEI.

Read my post a few more times, I did check it. How else would I know a mushroom was required? I can't spout random recipe facts out my ass. And I said thanks to the other guy because he told me before you, there was no need for you to post at all, but I appreciate your.. *help* that wasn't rude.

If NEI doesn't show the Mutandis Operations, which I know it doesn't, then I had no way of knowing to mutate to get a mushroom unless I asked. Which I'm glad I did. When I saw the recipe I assumed it would be for later, since I had no means of getting a mushroom at that time. I regarded the recipe as you would when you see the Mana Pool recipe but had no means to make the Pure flower for the living stone, knowing that some time I would use it.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019

I'm glad to see a newbie in here :) don't mind some of the caustic responses, some of us are a little crabby right now due to at least half of these 200-some pages being the same questions repeated over and over. If you do need help with basics, feel free to PM me and I'll get in touch with you asap. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I can probably give insight on some of the "assumed knowledge" that you could hit a brick wall with.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of assumed knowledge, I neglected my tinkers tools because botania, but I made my first pig iron pick with silk touch. I'm off to the nether with my tasty treats.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Read my post a few more times, I did check it. How else would I know a mushroom was required? I can't spout random recipe facts out my ass. And I said thanks to the other guy because he told me before you, there was no need for you to post at all, but I appreciate your.. *help* that wasn't rude.

If NEI doesn't show the Mutandis Operations, which I know it doesn't, then I had no way of knowing to mutate to get a mushroom unless I asked. Which I'm glad I did. When I saw the recipe I assumed it would be for later, since I had no means of getting a mushroom at that time. I regarded the recipe as you would when you see the Mana Pool recipe but had no means to make the Pure flower for the living stone, knowing that some time I would use it.

I thought you were saying you needed the mushroom for the infestation spore for the mycellium for the mushroom? I was just trying to give you an alternate way to get mycellium.

Eyrion

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad to see a newbie in here :) don't mind some of the caustic responses, some of us are a little crabby right now due to at least half of these 200-some pages being the same questions repeated over and over. If you do need help with basics, feel free to PM me and I'll get in touch with you asap. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I can probably give insight on some of the "assumed knowledge" that you could hit a brick wall with.

Haha, yeah, I see some people are being crabby. Though the helpful people outweigh them for the most part :)

Thanks for the offer! I'll let you know if I get stuck again.. which is bound to happen :c

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Hello again all! I just did the reset and rework of my quest book all looks right except for one of the hidden ones triggered by making the object..

Additionally, Is it just me? Or does the Direwolf sound more like a mortally wounded donkey than an actual wolf?

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
I actually ran into this last night. Another quest will give you spores to grow mushrooms. If memory serves you can still make mycelium with another reciepe (it was very late last night when i got to this and i am at work now so i can not look it up).

Forestry has a machine to make mycelium. It's something like moistener Can never remember the name. Uses water and wheat and seeds to make it.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
One more question, about Mariculture this time...

"The One Ring" Other than just being a cool homage, I can't find a use for it
Hello again all! I just did the reset and rework of my quest book all looks right except for one of the hidden ones triggered by making the object..

Additionally, Is it just me? Or does the Direwolf sound more like a mortally wounded donkey than an actual wolf?
I answered my own question, it is the crafting that triggers it... Derp.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Here's one more question:

It's been a while since I tried to use a thermionic fabricator... way back in AgSkies... Has anyone found a way to automate one yet?

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I've said many times Gendustry is not going in. And you are not limited to just two biome types - There are multiple ways in the pack to change biomes, whether through Thaumcraft/Witching Gadgets, Witchery or Blood Magic.
Is it possible to get the bees from the other biome types though? Like meadows bees or jungle bees? It's not like gendustry would help there, anyway.

Also uh, I think it might be a good idea to move over all those extra mutandis plants to botania mana pool recipes or thaumcraft alchemy recipes.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to get the bees from the other biome types though? Like meadows bees or jungle bees? It's not like gendustry would help there, anyway.

Also uh, I think it might be a good idea to move over all those extra mutandis plants to botania mana pool recipes or thaumcraft alchemy recipes.
you can convert between all the hives using the mana pool with alchemy catalyst

Reactions: JustHeyo

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I'm thinking about setting up an exploding lens with a TNT flower garden, that should produe more than enough mana. What could possibly go wrong.

Turns out a lot can go wrong.

Apparently only TNT explosions work on the Entropinnium. The Entropy Lens explosion doesn't, although it doesn't destroy the flower, which simply gets uprooted. Then I had another bright idea. What if the lens explosion simply isn't powerful enough? What would happen if you combine the Entropy Lens with a Potency Lens? That should make a bigger explosion, right?

Boom... Big bada boom... That destroyed the flower, and two mana spreaders...