[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Eyrion

Jul 29, 2019
The reason I believe the questbook doesn't mention it is because it is well documented in both NEI and the Lexica Botania how to get the mana pool. As for iron, you need to follow the quests in the "What the World is Made Of" Questline. It's part of the quests that use the first infusion stone. If you're ever wondering about resources, they're either in that questline or "What the World is Built From" for your more end-game resources like diamonds and certus quartz.

NEI is utterly confusing though to someone who has no idea what the mods are because the recipes for mod crafting blocks (I.E Mana Pool) are confusing, I hardly know half the names of the mods in this pack. I checked the recipe for the Mana Pool and the picture you get doesn't really look like you should *throw* the item in the Diluted Mana Pool. It also doesn't say in the Lexica Botania that you *throw* items into the Diluted/Regular Mana Pools, as far as I could tell.

Thanks for the quest tip though, mind telling me around where that quest comes up? Is it in the second "chapter" or still in the first?

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
NEI is utterly confusing though to someone who has no idea what the mods are because the recipes for mod crafting blocks (I.E Mana Pool) are confusing, I hardly know half the names of the mods in this pack. I checked the recipe for the Mana Pool and the picture you get doesn't really look like you should *throw* the item in the Diluted Mana Pool. It also doesn't say in the Lexica Botania that you *throw* items into the Diluted/Regular Mana Pools, as far as I could tell.

Thanks for the quest tip though, mind telling me around where that quest comes up? Is it in the second "chapter" or still in the first?

Actually, I've read through the Lexica since I've never really messed with Botania before, and it was quite clear to me that you throw the diluted mana pool into one with some mana in it. I seem to recall it actually telling you to use Q to throw it. Furthermore, I'm quite certain that a quick google search would have led you to some Botania wiki that would tell you how to get the regular mana pool.

Eyrion

Jul 29, 2019
only ores in this pack are in the nether, and the lexica botania would tell you about the mana pool as is recommened to read all the italized things in that book b4 starting botania. and you have to follow the quests to work up to iron seeds

Edit: got ninja'd

Thanks, other guy didn't mention Nether only for ores but I guess I'd find that out when the quest comes anyways. Confused on what you're saying about the italicized before starting the mod though. I'm playing the entire Modpack though, not just Botania.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, other guy didn't mention Nether only for ores but I guess I'd find that out when the quest comes anyways. Confused on what you're saying about the italicized before starting the mod though. I'm playing the entire Modpack though, not just Botania.

He's saying that, according to the Lexica Botania itself, italicized items in the Lexica Botania are Botania basics that you should read since you're not familiar with the Botania mod. Is this any clearer for you?

Reactions: JustHeyo

Eyrion

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I've read through the Lexica since I've never really messed with Botania before, and it was quite clear to me that you throw the diluted mana pool into one with some mana in it. I seem to recall it actually telling you to use Q to throw it. Furthermore, I'm quite certain that a quick google search would have led you to some Botania wiki that would tell you how to get the regular mana pool.

On what page in the book? Because I looked under "Mana Pool" and it only told me what it did and how to craft the Diluted Mana Pool. Not the regular one.

I did end up Googling though, no need to tell me that. I wanted to try to play the modpack without knowledge of the mods, looking up how to do things feels like cheating the mod to me. Sometimes it's necessary though.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019

The Lexica Botania actually does tell you to drop the diluted mana pool into one to get the regular mana pool.
Lexica.png

And yeah, the second chapter has your first half of your resources while your end-game resources are in the 7th questline. If there's any time where you seem to hit a wall with your resources, do some quests in the other questlines. This pack is very much about all the questlines being intertwined. For instance, to get the quest for nether essence seeds, you need to visit the nether, which is a quest in the 5th questline.

Eyrion

Jul 29, 2019
He's saying that, according to the Lexica Botania itself, italicized items in the Lexica Botania are Botania basics that you should read since you're not familiar with the Botania mod. Is this any clearer for you?

I read everything though..? This includes the Italics. You're sounding rather condescending, I'm only asking questions.

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
On what page in the book? Because I looked under "Mana Pool" and it only told me what it did and how to craft the Diluted Mana Pool. Not the regular one.

I did end up Googling though, no need to tell me that. I wanted to try to play the modpack without knowledge of the mods, looking up how to do things feels like cheating the mod to me. Sometimes it's necessary though.

Someone got there first :p

Attachments

• 2015-03-18_19.26.26.png
    2015-03-18_19.26.26.png
    275.1 KB · Views: 47

Eyrion

Jul 29, 2019
The Lexica Botania actually does tell you to drop the diluted mana pool into one to get the regular mana pool.

And yeah, the second chapter has your first half of your resources while your end-game resources are in the 7th questline. If there's any time where you seem to hit a wall with your resources, do some quests in the other questlines. This pack is very much about all the questlines being intertwined. For instance, to get the quest for nether essence seeds, you need to visit the nether, which is a quest in the 5th questline.

Hmm, never got that popup before in the book. How did you get it?

Reactions: JustHeyo

boraxx92

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there I cant get to get my server up and running. I searched around on the forums but cant seem to find anyone with a similar crash report. I have tried both using existing world and generating a new one but neither seem to be starting up. Could someone Dissect the report from me and hopefully make it right
thanks
Code:
[19:31:57] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.7.10
[19:32:19] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
[19:32:19] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
[19:32:19] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair
[19:32:19] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on 185.38.149.62:25590
[19:32:28] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing level "world1"
[19:32:29] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing start region for level 0
[19:32:30] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/LWJGLException
at net.minecraft.profiler.Profiler.func_76320_a(Profiler.java:64) ~[qi.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147465_d(World.java:459) ~[ahb.class:?]
at cofh.lib.world.WorldGenMinableCluster.generateBlock(WorldGenMinableCluster.java:193) ~[WorldGenMinableCluster.class:?]
at cofh.lib.world.WorldGenMinableCluster.generateBlock(WorldGenMinableCluster.java:183) ~[WorldGenMinableCluster.class:?]
at cofh.lib.world.WorldGenMinableCluster.func_76484_a(WorldGenMinableCluster.java:138) ~[WorldGenMinableCluster.class:?]
at cofh.lib.world.feature.FeatureGenUniform.generateFeature(FeatureGenUniform.java:38) ~[FeatureGenUniform.class:?]
at cofh.lib.world.feature.FeatureBase.generateFeature(FeatureBase.java:116) ~[FeatureBase.class:?]
at cofh.core.world.WorldHandler.generateWorld(WorldHandler.java:242) ~[WorldHandler.class:?]
at cofh.core.world.WorldHandler.generate(WorldHandler.java:205) ~[WorldHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.generateWorld(GameRegistry.java:106) ~[GameRegistry.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:280) ~[ms.class:?]
at fastcraft.a.c.a(F:84) ~[fastcraft-1.19.jar:?]
at fastcraft.Hooks.r(F:139) ~[fastcraft-1.19.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1055) ~[apx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.originalLoadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:190) ~[ms.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:131) ~[ms.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101) ~[ms.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71222_d(MinecraftServer.java:265) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.java:235) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:258) ~[lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
... 22 more

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Damnit, didn't think of hovering over the actual text. Thanks.

Why they didn't just put that popup in as a regular line of text on that page, I don't know :c
Vazkii designed Botania to be gui-less. I'm guessing they also wanted to make there not be a lot of text crowding the page. Look how much of my screen that took. Putting that all on the page would make it too crowded and unappealing to look at, because people would assume they need to read all that text, instead of having it pop up if you're wondering how to drop items on the mana pool.

An option you open up immediately with Botania for dropping items straight down is the open crate, which had no inventory you can access, but you can put everything into a hopper into the crate to get your items onto the mana pool/runic altar.

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
so... who else has beaten the gaia boss level 2? are the "treasure" drops random? coz i got 3 overgrowth seeds and i want more

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there I cant get to get my server up and running. I searched around on the forums but cant seem to find anyone with a similar crash report. I have tried both using existing world and generating a new one but neither seem to be starting up. Could someone Dissect the report from me and hopefully make it right
thanks
Do you have a crash log that's not the launcher console? I've never hosted a server myself, but forge should write the crash report in a folder in the server folder. My client version's folder is called "crash-reports".

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not having any luck with finding a clear fix for the NEI crash to desktop in this thread
I've found lots of mention of it, but the only fix i've seen has been downgrade to .65 which I'd prefer to avoid
Anyone got a definite solution ?

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not having any luck with finding a clear fix for the NEI crash to desktop in this thread
I've found lots of mention of it, but the only fix i've seen has been downgrade to .65 which I'd prefer to avoid
Anyone got a definite solution ?
Had you left your world and then gotten back in without doing a full restart of the client?