[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know if endoflames pick up items from water streams?

I was just thinking of using a water stream to transport coal blocks near my endoflame(s) as a way of automating mana production. At the end of the water stream I will stick a hopper and then pipes leading back into the input chest. Would also make me use a little bit of buildcraft...

I am not at home right now, so I can't check.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

I was just thinking of using a water stream to transport coal blocks near my endoflame(s) as a way of automating mana production. At the end of the water stream I will stick a hopper and then pipes leading back into the input chest. Would also make me use a little bit of buildcraft...

You could just use a sign at the end and have it drop down at the point of the sign.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
You could just use a sign at the end and have it drop down at the point of the sign.
I would still need to catch the item and route it back to the start. I simply want to dump in a stack of coal blocks which are continuously underway. An endoflame flower will only take an item every 6 minutes. I do not want the other blocks to despawn, the hopper will take care of that.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I copied a setup I saw on yt somewhere.

Have a hopper drop the coal/charcoal through an open crate onto a wooden pressure plate. The plate activates a redstone signal that turns the hopper off.

I played around a bit to get a reasonably efficient setup with one crate/plate/hopper per six endoflames. I added a repeater to the redstone just so that the hopper actually dropped three pieces of coal before turning off.

I have two sets of 6 endoflames, each set feeding one of the two pools I'm going to need for the elven portal. Not bad, but definitely could be improved.

Last edited:

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019

Short answer = yes

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Could the drop be close enough for a obsian pipe to suck up what isn't used by the flames?

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Could the drop be close enough for a obsian pipe to suck up what isn't used by the flames?

you can indeed just make the stream 8 long i.e. 1st is source and other 7 are the flow of the source and at the end place either an obsidian pipe or a hopper and could have up to 16 endoflames.

Mjw5W8E.png

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
how do you keep the flow from wiping out the plants. In my testing the flow 1 down does enble the plant to get the coal and placing on the same level makes it knock out the plants. Can the floating ones be made? Think that still require glowstone though.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Plenty of things like the silverwood wand core & for making essentia tubes to mention but a few things you need silverwood trees for.
The issue discussed was getting Thaur ingots research unlocked. If silverwood isn't require for that it would n't really matter if you had same.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
you can indeed just make the stream 8 long i.e. 1st is source and other 7 are the flow of the source and at the end place either an obsidian pipe or a hopper and could have up to 16 endoflames.

Mjw5W8E.png

Can I ask what you are actually dropping out of the crate - looks like stone bricks of some kind.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
The issue discussed was getting Thaur ingots research unlocked. If silverwood isn't require for that it would n't really matter if you had same.

You can't research thaumium (or anything) without getting greatwood for the table... Which takes a bit of doing.

Not to mention Silverwood trees...

Raetac was replying to the point that Rodger made of greatwood trees taking awhile as do silverwood trees which also take awhile so a bit of confusion all round lol

Last edited:

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019

Mjw5W8E.png

Ah thats pretty much what I had in mind! Going to build something like that tonight. Gotta get some mana going for the elfheim (sp?) portal.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Raetac was replying to the point that Rodger made of greatwood trees taking awhile as do silverwood trees which also take awhile so a bit of confusion all round lol
sorry i click the wrong button and this stupid shock wave error.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Ah thats pretty much what I had in mind! Going to build something like that tonight. Gotta get some mana going for the elfheim (sp?) portal.

Another thing you can do is use a second jabba barrel and have the second near your coal storage and give them both the Bspace upgrade and link them together so that you can just put the coal in the barrel next to storage and will come out of the barrel at your endoflame setup.