[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have the Treefyd quest open yet?
No, I don't think so, unless I unlocked it and haven't noticed it yet. I just needed one creeper heart to make the creeper soul seeds and that's done now, so if I need another creeper heart down the line it won't be an issue. It just wasn't very easy to get one in this modpack for some reason. I do, however, now have a lifetime supply of gunpowder for my troubles.

But I have a Treefyd seed already though, from trading seeds to a chicken using the Polynesia Doctor Doolittle amulet thingy. :D

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows about a good way for the early/middle game for getting an item for walking faster?

I know about the Botania sash item, and while I really like it's speed effect, I'm really not a fan of the step-assisst effect of it. Blood magic I think is very high tier for this effect and magical crops potions are limited to 25 minutes max (which is nice, but still wondering if I don't know about another item that maybe helps there)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
No, I don't think so, unless I unlocked it and haven't noticed it yet. I just needed one creeper heart to make the creeper soul seeds and that's done now, so if I need another creeper heart down the line it won't be an issue. It just wasn't very easy to get one in this modpack for some reason. I do, however, now have a lifetime supply of gunpowder for my troubles.

But I have a Treefyd seed already though, from trading seeds to a chicken using the Polynesia Doctor Doolittle amulet thingy. :D

Hammer on with your Witchery quests until you get the quest and quest reward for it. I got my creeper heart the hard way, and smacked myself when I learned the easy way.

Anyone knows about a good way for the early/middle game for getting an item for walking faster?

I know about the Botania sash item, and while I really like it's speed effect, I'm really not a fan of the step-assisst effect of it. Blood magic I think is very high tier for this effect and magical crops potions are limited to 25 minutes max (which is nice, but still wondering if I don't know about another item that maybe helps there)

If you're looking for a way to travel a common route with it, there's a Brownstone block you can make with Tinker's Construct by pouring tin over gravel that will speed travel. I'm planning on using it for roads when I start terraforming larger areas.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019

If you're looking for a way to travel a common route with it, there's a Brownstone block you can make with Tinker's Construct by pouring tin over gravel that will speed travel. I'm planning on using it for roads when I start terraforming larger areas.

Ah thanks alot for this hint :)
Always thought these things are purely for looking-reasons, didn't know they have extra effects. ^^"

Guess this will help, besides the arcane-stones from thaumcraft, in the nearer area around my base.
But yeah, I'm searching for a long-travel item, too. I know pretty much the best are the sashes from Botania... but I really dislike step-assisst, I don't know why, I just can't get used to it's effect. ^^"

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019

in addition to the block that OniyaMCD mentioned, there are concrete(chisel), trodden dirt(botania), and paving stones of travel (thaumcraft) that do the same thing, tho i wouldnt really consider the last early/mid game. there are also vanilla beacons, if you want to affect an area but dont want to lay down roads. what I think you may be most interested in, though, is the tainted blood pendant, from botania. you can infuse it with the fleetfeet flask and give yourself speed, at the cost of mana. similar is the mariculture system of enchanting pearls and applying them to jewelry, though i'm not sure if that system can do speed. Probably can, but I'm not sure.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
in addition to the block that OniyaMCD mentioned, there are concrete(chisel), trodden dirt(botania), and paving stones of travel (thaumcraft) that do the same thing, tho i wouldnt really consider the last early/mid game. there are also vanilla beacons, if you want to affect an area but dont want to lay down roads. what I think you may be most interested in, though, is the tainted blood pendant, from botania. you can infuse it with the fleetfeet flask and give yourself speed, at the cost of mana. similar is the mariculture system of enchanting pearls and applying them to jewelry, though i'm not sure if that system can do speed. Probably can, but I'm not sure.

Thank you. :)
Guess I need to look more into these pendants/jewelery then and learn how to craft them. Sounds good from hearing about it. :]

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Ah thanks alot for this hint :)
Always thought these things are purely for looking-reasons, didn't know they have extra effects. ^^"

The ideal one in that family is the 'Brownstone Road', which involves crafting the original block twice with the TC chisel (getting Brownstone Brick and then Brownstone Road).

ewok

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with the client crashing when checking the recipe and also I have to restart the server because the mana spreaders quit working.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
  • How do they stop?
  • Server or single player?

Had the stopping of mana-spreaders, too.
Singleplayer for me.
About how they stop: I only noticed it so far with elven mana spreader facing the runic altar.
What I noticed, and what kinda is weird, is that sometimes it stopped when I was standing on the altar (to drop the items for the recipe onto it), one time it was the way around, I had the recipe in the altar and the mana-spreader didn't do anything, after I jumped onto the altar it suddenly started.

No idea if that is related (or "how" it could be related) but that's what happened on my side. The recipe where I noticed it were standard botania runes (earth and water I crafted today as I noticed it) as well as osmium-seeds.

[edit]
The normal mana-spreader facing to the manapool from the generating flowers, and the elven mana-spreader facing the botania-brewing-stuff worked completly normal.

[edit 2]

Has anyone found a good way to get at the "Auram"-aspect, besides trying to hunt wisps in the nether?

Last edited:

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone found a good way to get at the "Auram"-aspect, besides trying to hunt wisps in the nether?

3 better ways:
-capture a wisp in an imprinted crystal, spawn wisps to your heart's content with a wrath cage
-use the euclidaisy flower from botania to create lots of random essences, all of which have 2x auram
-make a big magical forest, capture a pech in an imprinted crystal, spawn pechs with wrath cage, kill pechs until they drop all the basic mana beans, breed the mana beans until you have auram beans (and every other beans too)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
3 better ways:
-capture a wisp in an imprinted crystal, spawn wisps to your heart's content with a wrath cage
-use the euclidaisy flower from botania to create lots of random essences, all of which have 2x auram
-make a big magical forest, capture a pech in an imprinted crystal, spawn pechs with wrath cage, kill pechs until they drop all the basic mana beans, breed the mana beans until you have auram beans (and every other beans too)

Thanks alot. :]
That stuff with the imprinted crystalls and wrath cage is totally new to me, so that explains for what they are :D
And I really should look more into the cross-mod-changes in some mods... totally oversaw that there is a flower for that.
Mana beans... the one thing I never worked with. Time to get knowledge in how they work after the big "no more easy exploit"-change once. ^^"

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks alot.
That stuff with the imprinted crystalls and wrath cage is totally new to me, so that explains for what they are :D
And I really should look more into the cross-mod-changes in some mods... totally oversaw that there is a flower for that.
Mana beans... the one thing I never worked with. Time to get knowledge in how they work after the big "no more easy exploit"-change once. ^^"

it was all new to me too with this pack, no worries. the basics of the wrath cage are: make wrath cage, blank imprinting crystals, and diabolist fork. kill things with diabolist fork while holding a crystal, and the crystal becomes imprinted. put crystal in wrath cage, supply with either ira, desida, or a specific aspect related to the mob (by piping into the cage), and they will spawn. crystals dont get consumed; you can swap them out as much as you like.

mana beans, i never knew them before they changed, but you basically put them on the bottoms of logs in a magical forest biome and they grow. grow 2 next to each other, and theres a good chance they will mutate into whatever the 2 aspects combine into. harvest with golems. the pechs will drop all the basic aspects as well as some others, but the basics are all you'll need to breed the lot. you can also get beans by trading with the pechs, but i found just killing them to be easier.

and the flower is pretty straight forward; supply with mana, get essences. shut it off with a lever when you're not using it.

Last edited:

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
Hey :)
I am getting a problem in my regrowth world. I created a water tank siding from railcraft and I right clicked it and it instantly crashed my world. Whenever I try to log on to that world it just logs be off and sends me to the server selection area with the message saying "A fatal error has occurred, Connection is Terminated"
Can anyone help, I really don't want to start over :)

EDIT: It's not the tank, it's when I put a buildcraft fluid pipe next to it. The pipe fills up with water and then it crashes.

Last edited:

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
This has to do with the Forge changes to liquids in the early 1300s release. Updating RailCraft fixes that particular issue, but there are similar problems in a number of other mods, so you'll want to push RailCraft to 9.6.1.0, BuildCraft to 6.4.15, and Tinker's Construct to 1.8.5

((Alternatively, rolling back to the earlier version of Forge will fix the issue, albeit at the cost of probably breaking something else.))

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
This has to do with the Forge changes to liquids in the early 1300s release. Updating RailCraft fixes that particular issue, but there are similar problems in a number of other mods, so you'll want to push RailCraft to 9.6.1.0, BuildCraft to 6.4.15, and Tinker's Construct to 1.8.5

((Alternatively, rolling back to the earlier version of Forge will fix the issue, albeit at the cost of probably breaking something else.))
Well unless they manually updated forge themself that shouldn't be the problem. The pack ships and is built on forge 1291.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Hey :)
I am getting a problem in my regrowth world. I created a water tank siding from railcraft and I right clicked it and it instantly crashed my world. Whenever I try to log on to that world it just logs be off and sends me to the server selection area with the message saying "A fatal error has occurred, Connection is Terminated"
Can anyone help, I really don't want to start over :)

EDIT: It's not the tank, it's when I put a buildcraft fluid pipe next to it. The pipe fills up with water and then it crashes.
Could you post a screenshot of your setup? obviously not the one crashing you but could you remake it in a creative world?