[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
thats strange haven't heard of that and the reason why that recipe would be broke would have nothing to do with the bat and sheep one since there problem is wool. maybe the recipe got broken or wasn't properly reloaded and may require and dashboard reset
Its a new world made in 0.7.2 so nothing was clashing with previous versions. I have tried last night and again this morning so I have a clean java and pc reset.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Its a new world made in 0.7.2 so nothing was clashing with previous versions. I have tried last night and again this morning so I have a clean java and pc reset.
ive created that seed in 0.72 so idt its bugged and if you came on here im guessin you double checked everything so im stumped

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Must have been a download glitch, I reinstalled and it works now

Melerion

Jul 29, 2019
And then there's the quest "Spiritual Soothing". Sounds innocent enough!

All you need to do is: get a Kettle, throw in a few ingredients and *POOF*, quest done.

There's a catch however. To craft this item you need a chain of stuff that basically means to do all your planting, seed cross-breeding, etc. all over again. Which is fine. At least you can do it in an eternal day environment with a beautiful red sky.

One thing I cannot figure out is, how to get Nether Wart. Or a Rune of Fire. Looks like a circular dependency to me.

I cannot make the Rune of Fire because I need Nether Wart.
I cannot make Nether Wart, because in the spirit world I do not have access to the nether and I cannot make the ingredients for the recipes available to me.

Brew of Flowing Spirit: Mandrake Root, Wool of the Bat, Glint Weed, Water Artichoke Globe, Spanish Moss, Fanciful Thread => *Kettle

Iron: (Iron Seeds) or (Mining Level: Copper)
*Witches Oven: Iron Ingots, Iron Bars
*Witch's Cauldron: Iron Ingots, Anointing Paste

Birch Sapling: (Bone Meal + Mutandis) or (Oak Sapling => Mana + *Alchemy Catalyst)

Breath of the Goddess: Birch Sapling => *Witches Oven
Odour of Purity: Hawthorn Sapling => *Witches Oven
Reek of Misfortune: (Alder Sapling => *Witches Oven) or (Diamong Vapor + Ghast Tear => *Distillery)
Whiff of Magic: (Rowan Sapling => *Witches Oven) or (Breath of the Goddess + Lapis Lazuli => *Distillery)

Chicken: Runes of Mana/Earth, Seed, Pasture Seed, Mandrake Seed
Feather: *Chicken
Rune of Air: Carpet, String, Manasteel Ingot, Feather

Leather: ((Raw Salmon | Raw Perch) => Crucible) or (Rotten Flesh => Mana Infusion + *Alchemy Catalyst)
Item Frame: Sticks, Leather

Essence of Nether: Nether Seeds
Netherrack: Essence of Nether
Nether Brick: Netherrack => *Furnace

???? Nether Wart: (Netherfish) or (Blaze Rod => Mana Infusion + *Alchemy Catalyst) or (Mandrake Root, Tear of the Goddess, Diamond Vapor, Ender Pearl, Wheat, Mutandis => *Witch's Cauldron)
???? Rune of Fire: Nether Brick, Gunpowder, Manasteel Ingot, Nether Wart

???? Blaze Seeds: Essence of Blaze, Runes of Air/Fire, Regular Essence, Essence Seed
Blaze Rod: (Raw Blazefish) or (Blaze Seeds)
Brewing Stand: Cobblestone, Blaze Rod
*Alchemy Catalyst: Livingrock, Gold Ingot, Mana Pearl, Brewing Stand

======= ???

*Strong Infusion Stone: Essence of Blaze/Obsidian/Air/Fire/Water/Earth/Gold/Skeleton/Aluminium/Experience, Regular E.
Strong Essence: Essences => *Strong Infusion Stone

Lapis Lazuli Seeds: Rune of Mana, Reek of Misfortune, Dye Seed, Essence Seed, Strong Essence, Blue Dye
Lapis Lazuli: (Lapis Lazuli Seeds) or (Mining Level: Thaumium)

Glowstone Seeds: Rune of Mana, Torch, Odor of Purity, Yellow Dye, Strong Essence
Glowstone: (Raw Glowfish) or (Redstone => Mana Infusion + *Alchemy Catalyst) or (Gunpowder + Blaze Powder => Distillery) or (Glowstone Seeds)

Diamond Seeds: Essence of Diamond, Mana Pearl, Glass, Runes of Earth/Winter, Essence Seed, Strong Essence
Diamond: (Diamond Seeds) or (Mining Level: Steel)

*Terrestrial Agglomeration Plate: Lapis Lazuli Blocks + Block of Manasteel + Runes of Water/Earth/Mana/Air/Fire
Terrasteel Ingot: Manasteel Ingot + Mana Diamond + Manapearl => *Terrestrial Agglomeration Plate
*Elven Gateway: Terrasteel Ingot, Glowstone, Natura Pylons, Living Wood

Dragonstone: Mana Diamond => *Elven Gateway
Attuned Stone: Whiff of Magic, Dragonstone, Bucket of Lava

*Kettle: Cauldron, Sticks, String, Attuned Stone
*Distillery: Clay Jar, Iron Ingots, Gold Ingots, Attuned Stone

Oil of Vitriol: Quicklime, Foul Fume => *Distillery
Diamond Vapor: Diamond, Oil of Vitriol => *Distillery
Tear of the Goddess: Breath of the Goddess + Lapis Lazuli => *Distillery

*Spinning Wheel: Item Frame, Wool, Stick, Planks, Attuned Stone
Fanciful Thread: Wispy Cotton, String, Odour of Purity => *Spinning Wheel

Mining Level: Steel: (Steel) or (Terrasteel) or (Elemental) or (Titanium)

Or maybe I'm just not seeing it. Which happens. A lot.
(Regrowth v0.7.2)

Reactions: rxiv

rxiv

Jul 29, 2019

All you need to do is: get a Kettle, throw in a few ingredients and *POOF*, quest done.

There's a catch however. To craft this item you need a chain of stuff that basically means to do all your planting, seed cross-breeding, etc. all over again. Which is fine. At least you can do it in an eternal day environment with a beautiful red sky.

(Regrowth v0.7.2)

I posted the same thing the other day - I ended up going back to the overworld and completing the nether essence quest, then waiting to redeem it in the spirit world. that got me able to make nether essence seeds. Then my next stopping point was diamonds - I couldn't get a pick that would do diamonds unless I had steel or terrasteel, and I needed diamonds for the terrasteel and titanium for the steel.

So I finally posted here - the short answer, since if you dive, you can get oysters - get an oyster to make an ender pearl. Since I had the nether essense, I could make fire and then the blaze essence - made rods, made eye of ender and alchemy catalyst - then ender chest. At that point I could enderchest stuff back and forth.

Then after spending literally days in the spirit world, I was able to finish it in a matter of minutes once I had the chest.

There are also - baubles and other gear that you can use to 'smuggle' items into the spirit world.

Last edited:

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
I posted the same thing the other day - I ended up going back to the overworld and completing the nether essence quest, then waiting to redeem it in the spirit world. that got me able to make nether essence seeds. Then my next stopping point was diamonds - I couldn't get a pick that would do diamonds unless I had steel or terrasteel, and I needed diamonds for the terrasteel and titanium for the steel.

So I finally posted here - the short answer, since if you dive, you can get oysters - get an oyster to make an ender pearl. Since I had the nether essense, I could make fire and then the blaze essence - made rods, made eye of ender and alchemy catalyst - then ender chest. At that point I could enderchest stuff back and forth.

Then after spending literally days in the spirit world, I was able to finish it in a matter of minutes once I had the chest.

There are also - baubles and other gear that you can use to 'smuggle' items into the spirit world.
i believe theres something in witching gadgets that goes into the baubles that lets you take something to the dream world but im not sure it seems like it was mentioned on this forum before

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
How do you tame a cat? I'd like one as my familiar so I can figure out if coven witches will finally give me quests, but the drops for a vanilla fishing rod are Mariculture drops, and those only seem to make the ocelot want to breed. I've gotten maybe one regular MC fish in about 50 casts, so I guess I could check with creative, but...

Edit; Nope, the MC vanilla fish is now Mariculture-d, and it won't tame the cat. Still just wants to breed and won't take more than one fish at a time.

Zephyr123

Jul 29, 2019
I updated to 7.2 and I selected all the quests i did again. The only quest i did that didn't show up was the quest with the witches oven. It's the first quest in how the world changes. How do I unlock that quest?

briang

Jul 29, 2019
I've completed the Crucible of Fire quest but clicking the Claim Reward button doesn't do anything. I've enabled cheat mode (using NBTExplorer) to allow me to use /hqm edit, but resetting and completing the quest still won't allow me to progress.

Edit:

Even though I can't claim the reward, I can progress to the next quest.

Edit^2:

I'm an idiot. My inventory was full :(

Last edited:
Reactions: ezendiba

tblade2001

Jul 29, 2019

One thing I cannot figure out is, how to get Nether Wart. Or a Rune of Fire. Looks like a circular dependency to me.

I cannot make the Rune of Fire because I need Nether Wart.
I cannot make Nether Wart, because in the spirit world I do not have access to the nether and I cannot make the ingredients for the recipes available to me.

Brew of Flowing Spirit: Mandrake Root, Wool of the Bat, Glint Weed, Water Artichoke Globe, Spanish Moss, Fanciful Thread => *Kettle

Iron: (Iron Seeds) or (Mining Level: Copper)
*Witches Oven: Iron Ingots, Iron Bars
*Witch's Cauldron: Iron Ingots, Anointing Paste

Birch Sapling: (Bone Meal + Mutandis) or (Oak Sapling => Mana + *Alchemy Catalyst)

Breath of the Goddess: Birch Sapling => *Witches Oven
Odour of Purity: Hawthorn Sapling => *Witches Oven
Reek of Misfortune: (Alder Sapling => *Witches Oven) or (Diamong Vapor + Ghast Tear => *Distillery)
Whiff of Magic: (Rowan Sapling => *Witches Oven) or (Breath of the Goddess + Lapis Lazuli => *Distillery)

Chicken: Runes of Mana/Earth, Seed, Pasture Seed, Mandrake Seed
Feather: *Chicken
Rune of Air: Carpet, String, Manasteel Ingot, Feather

Leather: ((Raw Salmon | Raw Perch) => Crucible) or (Rotten Flesh => Mana Infusion + *Alchemy Catalyst)
Item Frame: Sticks, Leather

Essence of Nether: Nether Seeds
Netherrack: Essence of Nether
Nether Brick: Netherrack => *Furnace

???? Nether Wart: (Netherfish) or (Blaze Rod => Mana Infusion + *Alchemy Catalyst) or (Mandrake Root, Tear of the Goddess, Diamond Vapor, Ender Pearl, Wheat, Mutandis => *Witch's Cauldron)
???? Rune of Fire: Nether Brick, Gunpowder, Manasteel Ingot, Nether Wart

???? Blaze Seeds: Essence of Blaze, Runes of Air/Fire, Regular Essence, Essence Seed
Blaze Rod: (Raw Blazefish) or (Blaze Seeds)
Brewing Stand: Cobblestone, Blaze Rod
*Alchemy Catalyst: Livingrock, Gold Ingot, Mana Pearl, Brewing Stand

======= ???

*Strong Infusion Stone: Essence of Blaze/Obsidian/Air/Fire/Water/Earth/Gold/Skeleton/Aluminium/Experience, Regular E.
Strong Essence: Essences => *Strong Infusion Stone

Lapis Lazuli Seeds: Rune of Mana, Reek of Misfortune, Dye Seed, Essence Seed, Strong Essence, Blue Dye
Lapis Lazuli: (Lapis Lazuli Seeds) or (Mining Level: Thaumium)

Glowstone Seeds: Rune of Mana, Torch, Odor of Purity, Yellow Dye, Strong Essence
Glowstone: (Raw Glowfish) or (Redstone => Mana Infusion + *Alchemy Catalyst) or (Gunpowder + Blaze Powder => Distillery) or (Glowstone Seeds)

Diamond Seeds: Essence of Diamond, Mana Pearl, Glass, Runes of Earth/Winter, Essence Seed, Strong Essence
Diamond: (Diamond Seeds) or (Mining Level: Steel)

*Terrestrial Agglomeration Plate: Lapis Lazuli Blocks + Block of Manasteel + Runes of Water/Earth/Mana/Air/Fire
Terrasteel Ingot: Manasteel Ingot + Mana Diamond + Manapearl => *Terrestrial Agglomeration Plate
*Elven Gateway: Terrasteel Ingot, Glowstone, Natura Pylons, Living Wood

Dragonstone: Mana Diamond => *Elven Gateway
Attuned Stone: Whiff of Magic, Dragonstone, Bucket of Lava

*Kettle: Cauldron, Sticks, String, Attuned Stone
*Distillery: Clay Jar, Iron Ingots, Gold Ingots, Attuned Stone

Oil of Vitriol: Quicklime, Foul Fume => *Distillery
Diamond Vapor: Diamond, Oil of Vitriol => *Distillery
Tear of the Goddess: Breath of the Goddess + Lapis Lazuli => *Distillery

*Spinning Wheel: Item Frame, Wool, Stick, Planks, Attuned Stone
Fanciful Thread: Wispy Cotton, String, Odour of Purity => *Spinning Wheel

Mining Level: Steel: (Steel) or (Terrasteel) or (Elemental) or (Titanium)

(Regrowth v0.7.2)

So I discovered something that seems to be fairly undocumented: in the spirit world, mutandis can mutate a plant into netherwart. So I guess make stacks of mutandis and pray that you get the mutation, just because of the sheer options now that thephoenixlodge has added every plant and its extended family to the mutandis list.

Platoonsgt1

Jul 29, 2019
So, I found an exploit in 7.1, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't fixed in 7.2
Tiny Tnt. You can craft his as soon as you have access to nether quartz (including the grindstone) and it causes nether osmium to drop an item upon exploding.
Just a bit of a tech jump.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
So, I found an exploit in 7.1, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't fixed in 7.2
Tiny Tnt. You can craft his as soon as you have access to nether quartz (including the grindstone) and it causes nether osmium to drop an item upon exploding.
Just a bit of a tech jump.
Oh great, it's not doing explosions the normal way I guess so Creeper Collateral isn't able to adjust it. Well that's certainly getting disabled for 0.7.3 then

Melerion

Jul 29, 2019
I posted the same thing the other day <snipped>

Thanks. Seems I did miss something. Although it seems rather unintended behaviour to me.

So I discovered something that seems to be fairly undocumented: in the spirit world, mutandis can mutate a plant into netherwart. So I guess make stacks of mutandis and pray that you get the mutation, just because of the sheer options now that thephoenixlodge has added every plant and its extended family to the mutandis list.

Thanks as well. This looks like the option I was looking for. And I assume this is what the author intended.

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Guys,

Is anyone else stuck at 96% in Chapter 1 "What the World Came To Be" ?

I completed all the necessary steps listed on the first page like:

- deleting the minecraft/saves/<world>/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat
- Doing the /hqm edit and even resetting the book (They say was not necessary if you deleted the folder)
- Completing all quest that I did.
- Having in my inventory the following items to unlock the rest of the quests.
  • Leather
  • Gold Ingot
  • Aluminium Ingot
  • Lapis Lazuli
  • Redstone
  • Shards
  • Diamond
  • Blaze Rod
But after all that, Chapter 1 is still at 96%.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Maybe it's an experience farm thing...