[1.7.10][Public] MechanicalTitan Pack

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
yup, my mechTitan server, which is somewhat stripped down even, takes at least 5 minutes to boot up

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
No crash log, just takes a million years to load, I've never even come so far as generating the world. I've allocated up to 4GB ram and still slow as fff x)
2 minutes is average. Sorry about the file structure that's how ftb wants it. I'll see if I can't make it more intuitive next update

Tony Vennberg

Jul 29, 2019
2 minutes is average. Sorry about the file structure that's how ftb wants it. I'll see if I can't make it more intuitive next update
Yeah, I belive my computer would hande it in that kind of time, but it wont. I really think it's odd as other packs I've tried worked perfectly. So maybe I did something wrong x)

polkziggy

Jul 29, 2019
It should work with 4G of RAM. Mine ran with 3 fine. When you log in for the first time it will lag from world gen but that shoudl nto last too long. The main thing to get right is your startup file.

DtZNimpo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a good reason for the server modpack to contain all the client-side mods in it ? also , all the errors im getting when lauching the forge.jar with the mods from Minecraft/Mods into mods folder. is absurd. taking well over 5 mins to boot ( if it will boot haven't been patient enough yet ) server running on a SSD drive 8gb ram quad core.

Tony Vennberg

Jul 29, 2019
It should work with 4G of RAM. Mine ran with 3 fine. When you log in for the first time it will lag from world gen but that shoudl nto last too long. The main thing to get right is your startup file.
might sharing your startup file/bat code?

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a good reason for the server modpack to contain all the client-side mods in it ? also , all the errors im getting when lauching the forge.jar with the mods from Minecraft/Mods into mods folder. is absurd. taking well over 5 mins to boot ( if it will boot haven't been patient enough yet ) server running on a SSD drive 8gb ram quad core.
Client side mods won't hurt your server. i tried to remove all of them just for clean sake but a walia addon was wanting the be on the server because of a derp in their code. So I had to have walia and its addons on the server too but it shouldn't be a problem with running the server. All client mods will simply do nothing if they are on the server. If one of the addons updates to fix this then it won't be on the server files anymore

DtZNimpo

Jul 29, 2019
Ok well if that doesn't hurt the server i guess it's fine then , which version of java should i be using for this ? I see my console reporting out of memory error and looks like it's hanging, even tho it's running on 6gb currently.. im running java (build 1.7.0_45-b18)

DtZNimpo

Jul 29, 2019
i got it working on my end , was an issue with the permgen..

Code:
java -Xms1024M -Xmx3072M -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -jar -d64 forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar nogui
pause

Reactions: Tony Vennberg

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
Just a piece of advice for the authors (@Brizzle & the other author; can't remember the name): you guys may want to actually include a ".recipes" file for Modular Powersuits as MachineMuse doesn't have the recipes declared in her mod. These files can be pulled from her Jenkins page and are placed in the "/config/machinemuse/recipes/" directory.

I was wondering why MPS items and the Tinker Table didn't have any recipes the other night, did a quick search a few minutes ago and found out why ;-)

Great work even so.

Tony Vennberg

Jul 29, 2019

Code:
java -Xms1024M -Xmx3072M -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -jar -d64 forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal.jar nogui
pause
Whohoo! That worked, I guess mine was broken then, thanks a lot dude! :)

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019

Code:
pause
That's the first rule of modded minecraft is increase permgen. I mentioned it in the original post but you must have missed it. I'll rearrange it to make it easier to read. I'm glad you got it working[DOUBLEPOST=1412869144][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just a piece of advice for the authors (@Brizzle & the other author; can't remember the name): you guys may want to actually include a ".recipes" file for Modular Powersuits as MachineMuse doesn't have the recipes declared in her mod. These files can be pulled from her Jenkins page and are placed in the "/config/machinemuse/recipes/" directory.

I was wondering why MPS items and the Tinker Table didn't have any recipes the other night, did a quick search a few minutes ago and found out why ;-)

Great work even so.
thanks for the heads up I'll get right on it