[1.7.10] Post Finem (after the end) [Tech][HQM][Hardcore] version 1.1.0

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
thanks, I didn't realize they had changed the debuff name.
Personally I think that sanity drops too fast. I get back down to the level where all the good stuff spawns and I only have time to find and mine one or two things before I NEED TO RUN back to the surface and wait a few minutes for my sanity to recover.

lazybone92

Jul 29, 2019
How does one get ender pearls? I know it can be crafted with einsteinium but you cant produce anything that will give you einsteinium.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I think that sanity drops too fast. I get back down to the level where all the good stuff spawns and I only have time to find and mine one or two things before I NEED TO RUN back to the surface and wait a few minutes for my sanity to recover.
You may be getting near a block like the firestone ore and nether bee hives which rapidly overheat your brain causing you to drop sanity very fast. There are items you can carry on your hot bar that will reduce certain effect and extend your stay underground. Certain armor and equipment might also help, such as the gas mask included in enviromine items. Dark Steel armor may at some point be set have the best resistance to the environment.

How does one get ender pearls? I know it can be crafted with einsteinium but you cant produce anything that will give you einsteinium.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
You can get it from netherrack, found deep underground. Careful there are some fairly dangerous blocks that spawn in netherrack deposits

Reactions: Pudding01

RedRobin96

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way of slowing down the growth of weeds, because I can't seem to walk away from my crops for five seconds.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Love the pack, hate the ghasts... Any way to disable them? They pretty much ruin the pack for me.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way of slowing down the growth of weeds, because I can't seem to walk away from my crops for five seconds.
That is hard coded in the mod, the only option is to completely disable them or not. The only thing I can say is that once your have maxed crops they don't really have to be attended any more other than to harvest them when you need food. There are also other means of staying fed for those that don't want to do the agricraft stuff.

Love the pack, hate the ghasts... Any way to disable them? They pretty much ruin the pack for me.
You could edit the config file and remove them from spawning if you really want. They are mainly to encourage you to use turrets for base defense, and generally to make things more difficult if your not prepared for them. They are pretty easy to deal with once you have an upgraded laser blaster, but if you still want to disable them you can remove the line in the BiomeTweaker config files that makes them spawn.

Last edited:

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
That is hard coded in the mod, the only option is to completely disable them or not. The only thing I can say is that once your have maxed crops they don't really have to be attended any more other than to harvest them when you need food. There are also other means of making staying fed for those that don't want to do the agricraft stuff.

You could edit the config file and remove them from spawning if you really want. They are mainly to encourage you to use turrets for base defense, and generally to make things more difficult if your not prepared for them. They are pretty easy to deal with once you have an upgraded laser blaster, but if you still want to disable them you can remove the line in the BiomeTweaker config files that makes them spawn.
I understand the purpose, but the problem isn't killing them, as I can kill them with the starter blaster. The problem is the spawn rate. The ammo required to deal with these things either by rifle or turret becomes such a huge resource drain.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I understand the purpose, but the problem isn't killing them, as I can kill them with the starter blaster. The problem is the spawn rate. The ammo required to deal with these things either by rifle or turret becomes such a huge resource drain.

For me I find that once you find a place to dig into, or a cave that you can close off it gets better. It only took a few hours to get a steady income of oxygen to use as ammo for the first turret. Since there really isn't anything above ground beside algae for the first few hours of play its not that bad. I did have to start over a few time do to king ghast spawning first thing, but after I found a cave it was all good.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
For me I find that once you find a place to dig into, or a cave that you can close off it gets better. It only took a few hours to get a steady income of oxygen to use as ammo for the first turret. Since there really isn't anything above ground beside algae for the first few hours of play its not that bad. I did have to start over a few time do to king ghast spawning first thing, but after I found a cave it was all good.
That just proves my point even more. The mobs in this pack force you to be a hermit to survive. What fun is that? You have basically just negated any interaction with the mobs to begin with, so what's the point of even having them in your game?

Edit: Yeah I'm done with this pack. I liked it at first, but between enviromine (my most hated annoying mod), the ghasts, and special mobs that steal items from you, this pack is just a whole mess of annoyance. The quest line was fun in the beginning but I just can't get past all of the mods that induce difficulty through cheap annoyance.

Last edited:

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
That just proves my point even more. The mobs in this pack force you to be a hermit to survive. What fun is that? You have basically just negated any interaction with the mobs to begin with, so what's the point of even having them in your game?

Edit: Yeah I'm done with this pack. I liked it at first, but between enviromine (my most hated annoying mod), the ghasts, and special mobs that steal items from you, this pack is just a whole mess of annoyance. The quest line was fun in the beginning but I just can't get past all of the mods that induce difficulty through cheap annoyance.
Sorry to hear that, maybe give it another try after the next update comes out, I plan to change the way the nether mobs spawn quite a bit by introducing nests that will spawn them rather than just spawning all the time everywhere.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to hear that, maybe give it another try after the next update comes out, I plan to change the way the nether mobs spawn quite a bit by introducing nests that will spawn them rather than just spawning all the time everywhere.
That sounds like a great way of doing it. I'll be sure to check it out then.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
The change log for 0.2.2 is up in the main post, and the file has been submitted. Should be on the launcher in a day or few.

Please note that if you want to play a world that was created before 0.2.0 with the latest update you will need to use NBT explorer or some similar to edit your world and turn the structure generation back on.

Reactions: RehabOholic

darthwesix

Jul 29, 2019
umm I don't know what the quest book wants me to get to complete the quest with glucose and chlorophyll

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
umm I don't know what the quest book wants me to get to complete the quest with glucose and chlorophyll
Check the left side, there is probably another sub part to that quest. If I recall correctly you need to synthesize algae next. Sorry for being vague, I'm on holiday and can't check my computer right now.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Woops, ok now that I'm home I can see the problem clearly. When I updated some of the mods it broke the HQM Quests so I need to fix that and get another update out asap

Reactions: RehabOholic

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Update 0.2.3 has been submitted. Expect to see it on the launcher soon.

Version 0.2.3
==============
Fixed HQM quest that got broken in last update by engineer's toolbox update
Removed ore spawn that got turn on by engineer's toolbox update
Added some flavour text to Quest Chapters
Many changes to Pigmen Villages
Removed recipe for Flans Vehicle table because it crashes client
(there will be other ways later to get some of the vehicles)

YakuzaTheKid

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing this today and i had a huge problem after playing for 2 hours. My chest disapeared leaving the items on the ground, made another one and later i loged off. When i logged back in, all my crops where missing and the chest disapeared again, leaving the items on the floor again, and this time all my stuff despawned before i could replace the chest. Am i missing something or was it a huge bug that screwd me over?

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing this today and i had a huge problem after playing for 2 hours. My chest disapeared leaving the items on the ground, made another one and later i loged off. When i logged back in, all my crops where missing and the chest disapeared again, leaving the items on the floor again, and this time all my stuff despawned before i could replace the chest. Am i missing something or was it a huge bug that screwd me over?
Was the chest floating at all? Is it possible that some block fell on the chest? Possible that some how a creeper got in twice? Maybe some how a bad spot otherwise.

YakuzaTheKid

Jul 29, 2019
The chest was on the ground, does the enviromine gravity make it break if we break the block below? i didn't break it tho and the chest was broken when i got it in the world. And a creeper would only explode if i was nearby so i would take damage and the surrounding would have been the destroyed, and none of those happened