[1.7.10] Post Finem (after the end) [Tech][HQM][Hardcore] version 1.1.0

Moonrunner

Jul 29, 2019
so I get a unzip mod error installing.

PostFinem
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Issue with new md5 method, attempting to use backup method.
Local: D3190943EEE5165FAB9DDCFDD25D16A4
Remote: D3190943EEE5165FAB9DDCFDD25D16A4
Mods Folder: C:\Users\xxxxxxxxx\Desktop\MinecraftFTB\PostFinem\minecraft\mods
Dynamic Folder: C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\PostFinem\minecraft\mods
Error while extracting zip: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\xxxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\PostFinem\minecraft\mods\millenaire\cultures\byzantines\namelists\merchant_norman_family_names.txt (Access is denied)
Extracting (Backup way)
Error while extracting zip: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\PostFinem\minecraft\mods\millenaire\cultures\byzantines\namelists\merchant_norman_family_names.txt (Access is denied)
Error unzipping modpack!!!

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
that was exceptionally short. i'm down from a few days to a few minutes. so much for "any change is a good change." if this pack was designed to test how stubborn i am, it is working admirably.

i didnt even get to set my machines down this time. i think i need a break, play something easier like hardcore blood n' bones or crash landing :)

aobarbosa

Jul 29, 2019
It is verified wish to Firepower quest where you need to build the AB-9 because even after creating the quest book does not detect and can not complete the quest.

I'm doing something wrong ou'um possible bug?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Landstryder, I was enjoying some of your past streams of your pack and was wondering about something you said in your 3rd stream. You had said that you can find endermen spawners in the catacombs and was wondering if they even spawn with structures off?

Also, How do you remove/pull items of the same type out of a crafting bench? I have seen you do it when using the werkbench. Say when you click to remove cobble and it pulls it from the crafting window all at once. I noticed you can't shift click stuff out of that table. Thanks again for the great pack.

Last edited:

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Also, How do you remove/pull items of the same type out of a crafting bench? I have seen you do it when using the werkbench. Say when you click to remove cobble and it pulls it from the crafting window all at once. I noticed you can't shift click stuff out of that table. Thanks again for the great pack.

I know that double-clicking on an item will pick up all items of that type from all inventories currently open, up to a stack. Is that it?
Is there away to keep food from spoiling?
A) Eat it quickly
B) (If crops) only harvest them when you need to eat
C) Build the enviromine items that slow rot (I think they are the Esky, and then its upgrade, the freezer). Be warned, though, that I think they are hard to make early-game.

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I know that double-clicking on an item will pick up all items of that type from all inventories currently open, up to a stack. Is that it?

A) Eat it quickly
B) (If crops) only harvest them when you need to eat
C) Build the enviromine items that slow rot (I think they are the Esky, and then its upgrade, the freezer). Be warned, though, that I think they are hard to make early-game.

Thank you.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for my questions but I do not understand when he commented on there is a dimension cave. How would access to this dimension?

would caves in the overworld itself or some dimension that would access through a portal?
You must craft an elevator from enviromine.

I had 4g memory allocated and the 256m for permgen. I toggled the memory down to 3g now, seeing if that works (in case the 4g is already bad for it)
Closing the console helped alot. Still had the feeling something is burdening memory a bit (so had some very rare lag spikes and closing minecraft/reopening the launcher takes a long time) but at least it's not to the point of unplayable-lag anymore. So the console was the main-culprit in this, as it was written a few postings aboth.

- As little question about "temperate biome": So pratically anything that doesn't shout "Ice and Snow!"?
Reason I ask: I only played modpacks with enviromine so far which overwrote the world with a single biome. So when you're new to the real "Biome specific enviromine" it can be a bit confusing which biome is the right one to be in. (I ended up at extreme-hills/plains border, since I not had big problems with temperature yet I guess I made the right choice)

- And is there a way to see if the water is clean?
Didn't saw much difference when looking at the water, but from my first two tries to my third one. The third one suddenly had water that poisoned me. Didn't really notice a difference but that the other two times the water had stone/sand/gravel around it, is that the indicator for "clean"?
I made a infinite-watersource then inside my little base with the bucket we get at the beginning, this was then clean water, even though I used the poisoned-water for making it. Not sure if that's supposed to be like that or not meant to be.
I personally use 4g and 256m permgen and it's always seemed just right.
-Plains should be good, forest, desert can be ok if you have good water supply. If your quick to make some normal torches you can survive in a cold biome like taiga.
-Water quality of in world water is based off what biome the the block of water resides in. Bucket water does not have a type until you put it back down then it takes the biome characteristics. If you use bottles then those will keep the characteristics of the water they were collected from. Dirty water bottles can be cooked to get clean water.

so I get a unzip mod error installing.

PostFinem
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Issue with new md5 method, attempting to use backup method.
Local: D3190943EEE5165FAB9DDCFDD25D16A4
Remote: D3190943EEE5165FAB9DDCFDD25D16A4
Mods Folder: C:\Users\xxxxxxxxx\Desktop\MinecraftFTB\PostFinem\minecraft\mods
Dynamic Folder: C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\PostFinem\minecraft\mods
Error while extracting zip: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\xxxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\PostFinem\minecraft\mods\millenaire\cultures\byzantines\namelists\merchant_norman_family_names.txt (Access is denied)
Extracting (Backup way)
Error while extracting zip: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\PostFinem\minecraft\mods\millenaire\cultures\byzantines\namelists\merchant_norman_family_names.txt (Access is denied)
Error unzipping modpack!!!
Not sure what would cause this, perhaps you need to update the launcher, or it could have something to do with the folder it's trying to install to or from. I'd suggest making sure you have the latest version of the launcher and changing the location that it installs to.

that was exceptionally short. i'm down from a few days to a few minutes. so much for "any change is a good change." if this pack was designed to test how stubborn i am, it is working admirably.

i didnt even get to set my machines down this time. i think i need a break, play something easier like hardcore blood n' bones or crash landing :)
Seriously I was not trying to make it harder than Crash Landing to get started. BTW you can get pure water by making water bottles in the synthesizer.

It is verified wish to Firepower quest where you need to build the AB-9 because even after creating the quest book does not detect and can not complete the quest.

I'm doing something wrong ou'um possible bug?
I thought I fixed this in the 0.1.2 update. If your using the 0.1.1 or previous version it's a known issue. I'll check it again, if it's still broken in 0.1.2 it will defently be fixed next update, use the /hqm edit command to get the OP book and complete it that way for now, sorry.

Landstryder, I was enjoying some of your past streams of your pack and was wondering about something you said in your 3rd stream. You had said that you can find endermen spawners in the catacombs and was wondering if they even spawn with structures off?

Not 100% sure if the catacombs will spawn, they are so rare to begin with... they should. But honestly the enderman issues should be solved with the recipe and summon ritual that I added in 0.1.2

Double click, but be warned it can make the other things in the grid turn invisible but they will still be there.

Is there away to keep food from spoiling?
Store it in an esky or freezer but they are not cheap. Alternatively just keep the non perishable ingredients until you need to eat and craft the food only then, in the case of things like carrots break them in the decomposer and reform them when hungry.

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Phew... first time I play with weeds from agricraft activated... you surely don't want to go away for more than a minute when trying to crossbreed stuff. Lost half my good seeds cause of the weeds xD (luckily I always keep 2 second-best save in a chest, so don't have to start from zero again)
Happy that weeds only appear in empty crops, would be horrible if they could appear in a full field.

About the memory allocated and stuff:
Is there a way to see what might cause these problems?
(still tiny problems with it, but when I close the console before playing I at least don't get total freezes anymore ^^)

[edit]
These new spawners are so mean! And Scary! An totally mean-scary! :[
Guess going underground for the glowstone and stuff is really nothing that should be taken lightly ^^"

Last edited:

aobarbosa

Jul 29, 2019
I remember reading somewhere topic about finding Netherrack the overworld, as the Nether is disabled and there is no recipe for making the same. The question would be to find Netherrack on the surface or underground overworld?

I'm looking for Netherrack to be able to get Es (99) and make Ender pearl for item conduit in Ender IO and automate my production materials.

Thz

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I remember reading somewhere topic about finding Netherrack the overworld, as the Nether is disabled and there is no recipe for making the same. The question would be to find Netherrack on the surface or underground overworld?

I'm looking for Netherrack to be able to get Es (99) and make Ender pearl for item conduit in Ender IO and automate my production materials.

Thz

One of the quests tells you to search in the underground, near bedrock. You will find glowstone and soulsand down there somewhere, too.
(I'm still digging my way down, was around 30~35 or so when I found the first soulsand. Be careful, it's dangerous down there ^^)

Ah and if you're after Einsteinium for Enderpearls:
You get it out of Endstone, too. Endstone can be found on the surface, you need to looks around a bit, searching for places which looks like sand on the minimap. (so it's quiet easy to spot such places using the minimap, since the rest is obsidian or stone)

aobarbosa

Jul 29, 2019
One of the quests tells you to search in the underground, near bedrock. You will find glowstone and soulsand down there somewhere, too.
(I'm still digging my way down, was around 30~35 or so when I found the first soulsand. Be careful, it's dangerous down there ^^)

Ah and if you're after Einsteinium for Enderpearls:
You get it out of Endstone, too. Endstone can be found on the surface, you need to looks around a bit, searching for places which looks like sand on the minimap. (so it's quiet easy to spot such places using the minimap, since the rest is obsidian or stone)

Nezraddin, thanks for the tips, were quite useful, dug about 30 blocks down and found Netherrack and Glowstone.

I have another question, I'm new in the mod Minechem and now I'm working with radioactive elements, I am storing in a special chest Lead but there is a score in elemento.

What happens when the count reaches the end? the only element disappears or may occur some kind of radioactivity in the environment?

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Nezraddin, thanks for the tips, were quite useful, dug about 30 blocks down and found Netherrack and Glowstone.

I have another question, I'm new in the mod Minechem and now I'm working with radioactive elements, I am storing in a special chest Lead but there is a score in elemento.

What happens when the count reaches the end? the only element disappears or may occur some kind of radioactivity in the environment?

As long as they are in the lead chest the countdown is stopped. If the countdown reaches 0 the element will decay causing damage to any living thing near at the time. Also when it decays it will change in to another element, normally the next one down in atomic weight.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Landstryder, I was watching your stream(past one) and you had planted a cactus, and was wondering if yours grew? I have mine planted, but it has done nothing, so I checked the config and you have vanilla farming disabled. I Don't know if that effects cactus or not, but I have had one planted for several in game days now and nothing.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Landstryder, I was watching your stream(past one) and you had planted a cactus, and was wondering if yours grew? I have mine planted, but it has done nothing, so I checked the config and you have vanilla farming disabled. I Don't know if that effects cactus or not, but I have had one planted for several in game days now and nothing.
It doesn't affect cacti. They're slow, but they do grow (same with sugarcane). My advise would be to synthesize 5-10 cactus, and then plant all of them.
----------
Something else: The MFR slimes don't seem to be dropping the slime balls when killed... I tried sword, grinder, and fist, as well as with the looting 5 "Ender Scythe" (golden hoe with apparently infinitive durability) that dropped from an auto spawned enderman I killed earlier. I killed about 35 of the slimes (only tinies would spawn) all together (auto spawned... Does that make a difference?) and got no pink slimeballs.

Another unrelated thing: The unholy ghasts are a bit OP, as they seem to take only .5 damage from any source... Which happens to include the 12.5ATK rail turret sitting in the middle of my base.

A third topic completely unrelated from the prior ones: I need so much poly-methyl stuff for computer bits, and each one of those has a bunch of sub-molecules... It's tedious, as 9 stacks of methyl (CH3) only ends up getting you 1 stack of poly-methyl. Is there a way to automate crafting without having a separate synthesizer for each step?

Something else: The MFR harvester really doesn't work very well, because of the enviromine gravity... It chops down the bottom wood block, so the rest of it falls down, which interrupts the harvesting, so you need to wait for the harvester to come back and harvest the new bottom block, after which the rest of the wood falls down. It works, just very slowly, and it loses saplings because of fast leaf decay.

And yet another train of thought. Sorry for jumping around from topic-to-topic without any transitions. Does anyone know of a full, comprehensive tutorial of how to actually use OpenComputers (better than the wiki)? Or even just a LP or something that goes through most/all of the features of the mod? I managed to make myself a good robot and a semi-decent computer, and now have no idea about how to use them. I'm not talking about a how-to-lua, or even a how-to-use-the-OC-code-stuff, but a how-to-actually-use-the-mod... Because after making a bunch of bits and pieces that looked useful, and putting them into computer things, I'm lost..
Edit: Ok, upon doing a bit of research, I discovered that my main problem was that robots will only let you give them a tier 1 screen, while I had made a T2 one, a caveat which I hadn't seen anywhere in the in-game documentation :(. If anyone has a list of what all of the commands/functions in the command-line based OS are, though, that would be nice to know.

I'm still having a lot of fun playing. I'm working my way towards a big reactor and a laser drill, after which I will push into AE2 (which I've never actually done before). I think storage busses (or whatever they're called) and drawer controllers will be a great combo. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can NOT generate infinite fluix/nether/certus quartz from the seeds, right?
I have 1.5 resonant energy cells full, albeit from my cheaty stirling <--> magma crucible lava-cycling power system.
Building a minechem fusion chamber has definitely paid off, as it makes things such as osmium and vanadium easier to get.

Last edited:
Reactions: RehabOholic

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't affect cacti. They're slow, but they do grow (same with sugarcane). My advise would be to synthesize 5-10 cactus, and then plant all of them.
----------
Something else: The MFR slimes don't seem to be dropping the slime balls when killed... I tried sword, grinder, and fist, as well as with the looting 5 "Ender Scythe" (golden hoe with apparently infinitive durability) that dropped from an auto spawned enderman I killed earlier. I killed about 35 of the slimes (only tinies would spawn) all together (auto spawned... Does that make a difference?) and got no pink slimeballs.

Another unrelated thing: The unholy ghasts are a bit OP, as they seem to take only .5 damage from any source... Which happens to include the 12.5ATK rail turret sitting in the middle of my base.

A third topic completely unrelated from the prior ones: I need so much poly-methyl stuff for computer bits, and each one of those has a bunch of sub-molecules... It's tedious, as 9 stacks of methyl (CH3) only ends up getting you 1 stack of poly-methyl. Is there a way to automate crafting without having a separate synthesizer for each step?

Something else: The MFR harvester really doesn't work very well, because of the enviromine gravity... It chops down the bottom wood block, so the rest of it falls down, which interrupts the harvesting, so you need to wait for the harvester to come back and harvest the new bottom block, after which the rest of the wood falls down. It works, just very slowly, and it loses saplings because of fast leaf decay.

And yet another train of thought. Sorry for jumping around from topic-to-topic without any transitions. Does anyone know of a full, comprehensive tutorial of how to actually use OpenComputers (better than the wiki)? Or even just a LP or something that goes through most/all of the features of the mod? I managed to make myself a good robot and a semi-decent computer, and now have no idea about how to use them. I'm not talking about a how-to-lua, or even a how-to-use-the-OC-code-stuff, but a how-to-actually-use-the-mod... Because after making a bunch of bits and pieces that looked useful, and putting them into computer things, I'm lost..
Edit: Ok, upon doing a bit of research, I discovered that my main problem was that robots will only let you give them a tier 1 screen, while I had made a T2 one, a caveat which I hadn't seen anywhere in the in-game documentation :(. If anyone has a list of what all of the commands/functions in the command-line based OS are, though, that would be nice to know.

I'm still having a lot of fun playing. I'm working my way towards a big reactor and a laser drill, after which I will push into AE2 (which I've never actually done before). I think storage busses (or whatever they're called) and drawer controllers will be a great combo. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can NOT generate infinite fluix/nether/certus quartz from the seeds, right?
I have 1.5 resonant energy cells full, albeit from my cheaty stirling <--> magma crucible lava-cycling power system.
Building a minechem fusion chamber has definitely paid off, as it makes things such as osmium and vanadium easier to get.
Little slimes will not drop the slime balls, you need to embiggen one.
Increase unholy ghast spawn rate, noted (J/K).
There are easier ways to get your poly-methyl.
Not much I can do for that for the harvester, hadn't really though about it, I suppose that would make the EIO farming station superior. Maybe there is a config option to make it cut fro the top down or something, I'll check.
No infinite fluix/quartz from seeds because you can't grind them back down after growth.
If you want some power far beyond what big reactors can make, try building the Mekanism fusion reactor.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Yes cactus will grow eventually, they are very slow, especially if they are in a biome that is different from desert.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Little slimes will not drop the slime balls, you need to embiggen one.
Increase unholy ghast spawn rate, noted (J/K).
There are easier ways to get your poly-methyl.
Not much I can do for that for the harvester, hadn't really though about it, I suppose that would make the EIO farming station superior. Maybe there is a config option to make it cut fro the top down or something, I'll check.
No infinite fluix/quartz from seeds because you can't grind them back down after growth.
If you want some power far beyond what big reactors can make, try building the Mekanism fusion reactor.
Good to know about the slime size. I had assumed they'd drop slimeballs like vanilla slimes.
And again it seems I demonstrate my ignorance of minechem decomposition recipes. I really just need to take a while to look through a bunch of them in NEI.
I'll have to check out the EIO farming station, and see if that works. If not, the backup plan of using OpenComputers should still work (and will actually be made EASIER by the gravity, as I don't need to worry about height). This pack is definitely teaching me stuff about mods I thought I knew.

Do you know what the RF/tick output of the mekanism fusion reactor is?

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to completely disable enviromine gravity on OpenComputers robots? I had a robot floating 2 blocks above the ground (trying to set up an auto-algae farm, after finally figuring out how to configure them/include necessary libraries) and started mining it to pick it up. It fell, landed on the ground, got renamed, and lost all data associated with it... Including the code/components/OS inside. I'm pretty sure that's a bug.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to completely disable enviromine gravity on OpenComputers robots? I had a robot floating 2 blocks above the ground (trying to set up an auto-algae farm, after finally figuring out how to configure them/include necessary libraries) and started mining it to pick it up. It fell, landed on the ground, got renamed, and lost all data associated with it... Including the code/components/OS inside. I'm pretty sure that's a bug.
oh crap, yea defiantly take care of that next update, sorry :(