[1.7.10] Post Finem (after the end) [Tech][HQM][Hardcore] version 1.1.0

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
That was fun!! I started my first world and a KING GHAST was there to great me to this wonderful pack. It even had SEVERAL friends to welcome me to the neighborhood. All I received was death, and it became the fastest game over in my Minecraft life.lol

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Started today to play around with the modpack. So far it's quiet fun. Especially since I never worked with MineChem so far, quiet interessting to work with it.

First World was lost due of the knowledge "No, MineChem machines do not keep their energy" when I tried to move into a mountain... need to see which tool I can craft for this next time.
Second World I'm trying to build on the surface... just to notice how very annoying all these new Ghast-types are, one that "shoot" little ghasts after me, one that makes no sound, sneaks up on me and attacks me in melee, irks! Guess I should look again for finding a nice hiding-hole underground...

One thing I'm wondering for the early phase of the game: Your main-income for metals (especially iron in the beginning) comes from decomposing cobblestone or did I oversee a better way?
Besides turning cobble into clean stone again, since the chances seem higher for getting things. Over 1'300 pages of recipes for decomposing stuff into iron is evil to look through, hehe.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Started today to play around with the modpack. So far it's quiet fun. Especially since I never worked with MineChem so far, quiet interessting to work with it.

First World was lost due of the knowledge "No, MineChem machines do not keep their energy" when I tried to move into a mountain... need to see which tool I can craft for this next time.
Second World I'm trying to build on the surface... just to notice how very annoying all these new Ghast-types are, one that "shoot" little ghasts after me, one that makes no sound, sneaks up on me and attacks me in melee, irks! Guess I should look again for finding a nice hiding-hole underground...

One thing I'm wondering for the early phase of the game: Your main-income for metals (especially iron in the beginning) comes from decomposing cobblestone or did I oversee a better way?
Besides turning cobble into clean stone again, since the chances seem higher for getting things. Over 1'300 pages of recipes for decomposing stuff into iron is evil to look through, hehe.
I don't think minechem machines keep energy at all when you break them... The mekanism cardboard box might, but making that would require some more advanced tech (at which point you can generate power on your own).

Yeah, I would very much advise staying off of the surface, at least until you can make some of the turrets.

You are correct that cobble is the main early-game metal generation. Once you get an aqueous accumulator and an igneous extruder, swap to stone. I think stone drops about 2x as many items as cobble.
For iron, just decompose cobble. You can get the 'pure' iron, pyrite, magnetite, and iron(iii)oxide. The three molecules contain iron, and can be put back into the decomposer to get that iron (as well as other atoms)--If you've every played modded skyblock, resource generation here is kind of like that, except cobble/stone in a decomposer instead of dust in a sieve.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
1. Is there any way to make zombie pigmen spawn based on light level, so that they don't spawn in the middle of a well-lit base? If so, I think that would be a nice change.
Zombie Pigmen---like a few other mobs---spawn in groups. If one spawns too close to a thin outside wall, there is a chance that one or two will spawn inside your base. Solution? Surround your base with a 5-block moat of water if possible. An obvious side benefit to this is that it gives you somewhere to plant your algae close by.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
My biggest problem seems to be silverfish. Have they been amped up for this pack? 3 worlds, 3 gameovers due to annihilation by silverfish

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Zombie Pigmen---like a few other mobs---spawn in groups. If one spawns too close to a thin outside wall, there is a chance that one or two will spawn inside your base. Solution? Surround your base with a 5-block moat of water if possible. An obvious side benefit to this is that it gives you somewhere to plant your algae close by.
I know that, but I've seen few zombie pigmen spawn in the middle of my base (well-lit) without any spawning outside.

My biggest problem seems to be silverfish. Have they been amped up for this pack? 3 worlds, 3 gameovers due to annihilation by silverfish
Yup, silverfish are annoying. I've found a few ways to deal with them.
1. Get a sword that can 1-shot the easier ones. The tough ones are still annoying, though
2. A lava bucket, and a couple cold water bottles to help with the heat.
3. A chisel. The chisel's left-click cycles through a block's chiseled states. Stone has chisel versions. Silverfish stone does not. If you hit every block once with a chisel before you mine it, you will know if it is silverfish or not, as silverfish will not chisel. (This also has the side effect of letting you conserve stone, as they turn into stone bricks)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having problems, with slow downs to the point that opening a chest almost freezes the game?
Not sure if there is a way to see if it's a mod inside the modpack. I don't have the problem with other modpacks I'm playing. Always happens after I play for a longer time (so quiet over 1 hour).

So far (I'm starting tech and slowly getting my agricraft area going) I'm having quiet alot of fun. MineChem is really nice, even though some recipes need alot of steps to follow, the Chemist's journal helps so much of not having to count everytime new xD

aobarbosa

Jul 29, 2019
You can go to the Nether? I created a portal to the Nether and try to connect not worked.I watched a youtuber playing modpack where he created the portal and went to the Nether collect Netherrack and Quartz, but in a version prior to 0.1.2. The Nether was disabled?

Sorry an error of spelling, because we used the Google translator

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having problems, with slow downs to the point that opening a chest almost freezes the game?
Not sure if there is a way to see if it's a mod inside the modpack. I don't have the problem with other modpacks I'm playing. Always happens after I play for a longer time (so quiet over 1 hour).

So far (I'm starting tech and slowly getting my agricraft area going) I'm having quiet alot of fun. MineChem is really nice, even though some recipes need alot of steps to follow, the Chemist's journal helps so much of not having to count everytime new xD
Are you on the newest version of the pack? I had that on the older versions but haven't seen it crop up on the newest.

What it looks like it is (Landstryder actually pointed it out to me) is the FTB console itself. If you look in task manager when its happening there will probably be a java instance eating up a ton of system memory and that should be the instance for the FTB console. You can safely kill it without killing Minecraft itself and that should help.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Are you on the newest version of the pack? I had that on the older versions but haven't seen it crop up on the newest.

What it looks like it is (Landstryder actually pointed it out to me) is the FTB console itself. If you look in task manager when its happening there will probably be a java instance eating up a ton of system memory and that should be the instance for the FTB console. You can safely kill it without killing Minecraft itself and that should help.

Yep, playing on the newest Version.
Thanks alot for the hint with the FTB-console, will try it without it being open in the background. Would explain why I have to use the task-manager to kill the FTB-launcher after this problem appears. Since it only happened in this modpack so far, I thought it might be one of the mods that's acting up.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
You can go to the Nether? I created a portal to the Nether and try to connect not worked.I watched a youtuber playing modpack where he created the portal and went to the Nether collect Netherrack and Quartz, but in a version prior to 0.1.2. The Nether was disabled?

Sorry an error of spelling, because we used the Google translator

Yes, the nether was supposed to be disabled from the beginning. Due to an oversight the mod that disabled that was left out of a few versions, and is now back in version 0.1.2
Short answer- there is no nether. (there is also no end, but there is a cave dimension you can get to other than overworld)

Yep they are amped up and supposed to be a bit of a nightmare (at least until you figure out a strategy to deal with them).

It is best to spend the first day just searching for a temperate area and a cave or hole that you can secure with the limited building blocks your started with. Your first base needs to have easy access to clean water, a place where you can get under the obsidian to get your cobble, a solid roof in case it rains (the starting construction blocks don't count as solid), enough room to survive until you can make something for power generation.

Dang I thought this problem had be resolved when I updated forge versions and enviromine. How much memory are allocating and how much permgen, if those are less than 2g and 256m respectively that might be the issue. I've also been told that assigning more than 4g can cause this type of issue too, but I have no idea if that is true or not.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Does leaving structures on break something in game? or Is it more of a balance thing?
It completely breaks the game, you would be able to find vanilla villages and end fortresses. Villages are are not suppose to exist on post holocaust earth, and the fortress would allow for access to the end dimension which is also not found on earth. I wouldn't mind if the desert temples, underground dungeons and pyramids still spawned. If anyone can suggest a mod to just disable the villages and end portals then I would defently include that and could get rid of that notice, as I know it quite annoying to remember and I'm sure many folks have forgotten to disable structures in there worlds.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
-Advanced tech (or at least, how far I've gotten into it) feels kind of like "hey, look at all these cool tech mods," for a large part because a bunch of branches are unlocked at the same time, and also partly because the quest branch for each individual mod is relatively short.
-The tech stuff could probably spend a bit more time on Thermal Expansion/MFR... They seem a bit underrepresented in comparison to enderio.
-I assume there will be some bee quests?
-Advanced Tech is defently just that, look at these cool tech mods and use of them what you want to help recover civilization.
-I just about left thermal expansion out, it's there for the diehards. I wanted the main tech mod focus to be EIO.
-Defiantly will be bee quests. Update 0.1.3 should finalize the quest book with bee quests and add methods for getting the basic bee types.

aobarbosa

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for my questions but I do not understand when he commented on there is a dimension cave. How would access to this dimension?

would caves in the overworld itself or some dimension that would access through a portal?

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone can suggest a mod to just disable the villages and end portals then I would defently include that and could get rid of that notice, as I know it quite annoying to remember and I'm sure many folks have forgotten to disable structures in there worlds.

i forgot only once but the only structure i ever found was a statue in the middle of a desert.

have you considered adding rogue-like dungeons? they could be considered the bases of the former returnees. modification of dungeon loot should get rid of any chance to find something game-breaking while allowing the opportunity to use the above-ground section as a possible base. there is the chance of finding food in them, i suppose. idk if there is any way of getting rid of that since there are kitchen areas and places for underground farms.

In my latest attempt at the pack, I spawned in a swampland biome. i searched for 500 blocks and never left the swamp before i found a suitable cave. now whenever i get a drink to protect me from the heat, i get poisoned and my hunger drops like a rock. you're killing me, man, killing me. literally. I don't expect this playthrough to last long just because the first time i die, i'll spawn so far away from my base and---with the way my luck has been running---in the dark.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019

Dang I thought this problem had be resolved when I updated forge versions and enviromine. How much memory are allocating and how much permgen, if those are less than 2g and 256m respectively that might be the issue. I've also been told that assigning more than 4g can cause this type of issue too, but I have no idea if that is true or not.

I had 4g memory allocated and the 256m for permgen. I toggled the memory down to 3g now, seeing if that works (in case the 4g is already bad for it)
Closing the console helped alot. Still had the feeling something is burdening memory a bit (so had some very rare lag spikes and closing minecraft/reopening the launcher takes a long time) but at least it's not to the point of unplayable-lag anymore. So the console was the main-culprit in this, as it was written a few postings aboth.

- As little question about "temperate biome": So pratically anything that doesn't shout "Ice and Snow!"?
Reason I ask: I only played modpacks with enviromine so far which overwrote the world with a single biome. So when you're new to the real "Biome specific enviromine" it can be a bit confusing which biome is the right one to be in. (I ended up at extreme-hills/plains border, since I not had big problems with temperature yet I guess I made the right choice)

- And is there a way to see if the water is clean?
Didn't saw much difference when looking at the water, but from my first two tries to my third one. The third one suddenly had water that poisoned me. Didn't really notice a difference but that the other two times the water had stone/sand/gravel around it, is that the indicator for "clean"?
I made a infinite-watersource then inside my little base with the bucket we get at the beginning, this was then clean water, even though I used the poisoned-water for making it. Not sure if that's supposed to be like that or not meant to be.

Reactions: pndragon65

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
I made a infinite-watersource then inside my little base with the bucket we get at the beginning, this was then clean water, even though I used the poisoned-water for making it. Not sure if that's supposed to be like that or not meant to be.

I made an infinite water source inside my base too but it was still poisoned. Maybe you built your source in a different biome? I am fairly sure that it is a natural part of being a swamp that makes it poisoned.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I made an infinite water source inside my base too but it was still poisoned. Maybe you built your source in a different biome? I am fairly sure that it is a natural part of being a swamp that makes it poisoned.

Ah that could be. I think the water may count to the plains biome, my little water-pond is inside the extreme hills biome. Didn't know that it was biome-specific if the water is clean or not. ^^"

Reactions: pndragon65

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
There it is... dead, too far from spawn, in the middle of the night

Edit: Gameover when i died of hunger right outside the door to my base. I'm crying on the inside