[1.7.10] Phoenix Reborn [Tech/Magic] [Progression] [Ores]

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Phew... Erebus really creeps me out... I'm not a fan of insects and absolutely not of spiders... this place... *shivers*

A lil question about this:
Is the "bamboo shoot" very limited of where and when it grows?
I tried it first in normal sunlight then - after reading the saplings of erebus grow in darkness - in a cave, last back in erebus (volcanic desert biome where my portal is). But even with help of bonemeal and watering-can I cannot get them to grow.. do they only grow in the biome I found them in?

I have to research it myself - I've tried bamboo shoots in the overworld (mesa), underground (mesa), in Erebus (lots of light, no light, medium light) and nothing is growing anywhere. :(

This is the changelog for 1.0.17 and 1.0.18... Definitely didn't mess anything up and have to re-push it...
Client: http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/privatepacks/PhoenixReborn/1_0_18/PhoenixReborn.zip
Server: http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/privatepacks/PhoenixReborn/1_0_18/PhoenixRebornServer.zip
Code:
* Disabled InfiniteInvo
* Added LaunchGUI as a warning
* Added NEI Integration and NEI Addons
* Updated RFTools
* Updated BuildCraft
* Updated Applied Energistics 2
* Updated Blood Magic
* Updated EnderTech
* Fixed recipe for LeadStone Helm
* Disabled Recipe for the Machinist's Workbench (You still have the Project Table)
* Edited recipe for Snowbells to make them easier to obtain
* Increased the rarity of Biome Dimlets
* Fixed Bucket Recipe
* Removed the Iron Bucket from the Overworld Loot Tables (I saw you, Dr. Icepaws)
In the future (a couple updates from now), LaunchGUI will only detect when InfiniteInvo is enabled, and warn people about their armour slots.

So InfiniteInvo is still enabled then for this update? (Edited to add: reading is your friend. He did say it was disabled :p).

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I have to research it myself - I've tried bamboo shoots in the overworld (mesa) underground (mesa), in Erebus (lots of light, no light, medium light) and nothing is growing anywhere. :(

So InfiniteInvo is still enabled then for this update?
No, it's disabled. However, if anyone enables it in the future (it won't be shipped enabled), Launch Gui will appear when the launch, telling them to look out for their armour slots.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
No, it's disabled. However, if anyone enables it in the future (it won't be shipped enabled), Launch Gui will appear when the launch, telling them to look out for their armour slots.

Ah! Thanks for the clarification. Of course, if I'd read your previous post a bit more carefully, I'd have seen the magic words "Disabled InfiniteInvo". :p Sorry for missing that!

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have any experience with crop automation with this pack? It looks like with automation, no seeds are dropped. So you operate at a net loss. This is probably because of the setting for Hunger Overhaul which has seeds at 0.

Currently I'm taking some of the crop and converting them back into seeds automatically, but I'm wondering if that's intended. Also, I love Agricraft, too bad there's no way to automate the crops. (That I can see.) Any attempt to automate and they go back to "vanilla" mechanics it seems.

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
I have to research it myself - I've tried bamboo shoots in the overworld (mesa), underground (mesa), in Erebus (lots of light, no light, medium light) and nothing is growing anywhere. :(
Seeing the sun is bad, and mesa is a little hot (so has less chance to grow). The big thing that seems to matter is having enough water. I'm not 100% sure what the sweet spot is on water yet, but I place mine in the middle of a huge pool of water (10x10) and they seem to eventually grow. First a 1 high bamboo, but eventually they get pretty tall.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have any experience with crop automation with this pack? It looks like with automation, no seeds are dropped. So you operate at a net loss. This is probably because of the setting for Hunger Overhaul which has seeds at 0.

Currently I'm taking some of the crop and converting them back into seeds automatically, but I'm wondering if that's intended. Also, I love Agricraft, too bad there's no way to automate the crops. (That I can see.) Any attempt to automate and they go back to "vanilla" mechanics it seems.
The only two ways to automate agricraft currently are with Thaumcraft's Golems, or with MFR, and since neither mod is in this pack as far as I can see on the modlist in the first post, you're out of luck there.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
The only two ways to automate agricraft currently are with Thaumcraft's Golems, or with MFR, and since neither mod is in this pack as far as I can see on the modlist in the first post, you're out of luck there.

@Sibmer I'm using autonomous activators quite successfully in conjunction with a hopperhock in my stream. A bit expensive with one activator per plant, but it works fine with agricraft. :)

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
I'm noticing that very few (none?) of the autocrafters support the low level wood & stone pick / axe recipes that use a pick or axe as a component of the recipes. Most consume the whole item instead of just damaging it. We've tried Steve's Workshop, Steve's Factory Manager, Cyclic Assembler, Ender IO Crafter, AE. All can't handle those recipes. Maybe add a cooked stone version for all of the stone versions?

In addition, the ender io capacitor bank recipe that uses a Leadstone Energy Cell Frame gives a full version with 5,000,000 RF. Basically giving you 5 million RF for nothing. This is done intentionally in the mineTweak script, but it doesn't make a lot of sense?

Adiem

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like I'm missing something obvious. How do I fill a petal apothecary? I'm not able to make buckets yet and bambuckets don't seem to work.

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
Right click in the top of it, in the bowl itself. Sometimes it's easiest to jump up on top of it and look down.

Hmmm... That's probably too obvious.

I just tested in 1.0.18 and it works just fine. Sometimes the game gets out of sync and it's filled but doesn't look filled. Perhaps this is the case for you? So you're trying to fill something that's already filled? If all else fails, try to break the petal apothecary and place it again.

Last edited:

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019

Adiem

Jul 29, 2019
Right click in the top of it, in the bowl itself. Sometimes it's easiest to jump up on top of it and look down.

Hmmm... That's probably too obvious.

I just tested in 1.0.18 and it works just fine. Sometimes the game gets out of sync and it's filled but doesn't look filled. Perhaps this is the case for you? So you're trying to fill something that's already filled? If all else fails, try to break the petal apothecary and place it again.
I figured it out. I was trying to fill the apothecary with a stack of bambuckets. It worked once I switched to a single bambucket.