[1.7.10] Phoenix Reborn [Tech/Magic] [Progression] [Ores]

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
First off, thank you for the great pack Gideonseymour! As usual, a well designed pack, cheers! Now, I don't think what i have to report is either a bug or an exploit per se but in the Nether, dense ores don't explode :p I haven't checked at configs so possibly blacklisting dense ores for nether ores would work? Not game breaking really, up to you to fix it or not :p

dtherrien

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo....this happened. It's pretty close to my base...do they have any useful drops in this pack or should I just nuke them all? Afraid to just attack since they all turned on me when I just tried it lol.

lNoUhBv.png

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any easy way for finding mushrooms? (for the earth runes)
*kinda not lucky with finding any*

Someone mentioned caves, but i had a hard time finding them there. Instead, i found a forest; mushrooms sometimes naturally generate under trees if their leaves are low enough to create a dark enough spot.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Sooo....this happened. It's pretty close to my base...do they have any useful drops in this pack or should I just nuke them all? Afraid to just attack since they all turned on me when I just tried it lol.

lNoUhBv.png
Nuke them, unless you're planning on getting into Witchery. And wow, that is an insane amount of Hobgoblins
Someone mentioned caves, but i had a hard time finding them there. Instead, i found a forest; mushrooms sometimes naturally generate under trees if their leaves are low enough to create a dark enough spot.
Forests spawn as a sub-biome of plains in this pack, by the way.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah same for me. Ran like 2 hours through every cave I found and then found 2 mushrooms on one of these hardened-clay-hills under trees... first thing I have done with them was making mycelion through botania and grew me some big mushrooms to gather me a little supply ^^"

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah same for me. Ran like 2 hours through every cave I found and then found 2 mushrooms on one of these hardened-clay-hills under trees... first thing I have done with them was making mycelion through botania and grew me some big mushrooms to gather me a little supply ^^"
Oh snap! Forgot about that mycelium recipe xD My NEI-fu failed me. I just dug a 7x7x7 room and bonemealed my mushrooms there.

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting a frequent, annoying WheatWeevil crash in The Erebus on my server. (See http://pastebin.com/eqB0qtx8) It looks like it was fixed in v0.2pre12 (http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/220698-the-erebus/files/2223357) according to their github tracker, but the pack is still on v0.2pre11c it looks like. Is there a reason we're still on pre11c? It looks like a bunch of things were added / fixed in pre12, so I don't want to upgrade it and risk ruining the balance of the pack. I'm enjoying the progression and balance so far a lot.

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting a frequent, annoying WheatWeevil crash in The Erebus on my server. (See http://pastebin.com/eqB0qtx8) It looks like it was fixed in v0.2pre12 (http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/220698-the-erebus/files/2223357) according to their github tracker, but the pack is still on v0.2pre11c it looks like. Is there a reason we're still on pre11c? It looks like a bunch of things were added / fixed in pre12, so I don't want to upgrade it and risk ruining the balance of the pack. I'm enjoying the progression and balance so far a lot.

My guess is Gideonseymour is aware of the issue, knows that the mod is updated. Be patient young padawan, the next update will probably have the new Erebus version in :) As a retired modpack maker, i can say for sure updating a mod as soon as the issue you have is fixed can sometimes lead to more headache.

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
I see that theres a mod called Tool Utilities in this pack, and you can upgrade your tools in an anvil.
How?
It doesn't give any hint on how I actually upgrade my tools. I googled the mod, and I'm still none the wiser. Does anyone know how to use this mod?

EDIT:
Ok, so I figured out how to put one upgrade on my pick, so it mines in a 3x1 (pickaxe + 1 iron), but can't figure out how to put the second upgrade on it.

Last edited:

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I figured out how to put one upgrade on my pick, so it mines in a 3x1 (pickaxe + 1 iron), but can't figure out how to put the second upgrade on it.

Holding both Shift and Ctrl while hovering your tool should tell you it requires a torch + the tool in an anvil...unless that's broken xD

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
Holding both Shift and Ctrl while hovering your tool should tell you it requires a torch + the tool in an anvil...unless that's broken xD

AHHA! Thanks! I thought I tried doing that, but it seems as though I derped up something chronic and missed that.

I think I have encountered a bug.
When exploring, my game slows down to a crawl, I still get high fps, but I can't move or do anything.
Here's what pops up in the log:
Code:
Jan 18, 2015 5:26:46 PM climateControl.customGenLayer.GenLayerLock func_75904_a
INFO: locking (10,-173) to 35 climateControl.customGenLayer.GenLayerCache@3b82af43
Jan 18, 2015 5:26:46 PM climateControl.customGenLayer.GenLayerLock func_75904_a
INFO: lock size 11404
What's causing this? I added fastcraft, is that what's causing this? Didn't do it pre-fastcraft.

Last edited:

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
Well just read the log.. climatecontrol. So I would assume Climate Control is doing it

Fastcraft alters some basic minecraft functions, some of which are pretty obscure and not seldom used. Since the last few updates to Fastcraft were for terrain gen mostly, its safe to assume that the log spam was introduced since Fastcraft was added. Now who's to blame for the spam really? The original mod (ClimateControl) using a function that the later mod (Fastcraft) might be modifying? Player did some magic trickery in the past to support some mods that Fastcraft broke, hence why i directed Omniarch to the IC2 forums.