[1.7.10] Phoenix Reborn [Tech/Magic] [Progression] [Ores]

Mbatu

Jul 29, 2019
New update! v1.0.13!
Client: http://losangeles1.creeperrepo.net/FTB2/privatepacks/PhoenixReborn/1_0_13/PhoenixReborn.zip
Server: http://losangeles1.creeperrepo.net/FTB2/privatepacks/PhoenixReborn/1_0_13/PhoenixRebornServer.zip
Changelog:
Code:
* Updated RFTools
* Updated Botania
* Updated Modular Armour
* Allowed any type of axes to be used in the creation of wooden tools
* Allowed any type of pick but wood to be used in the creation of stone tools
* Fixed conflict between the Applied Energistics Crank and the AgriCraft Crops
* Temporarily removed the recipe for the Alchemical Tome
* Temporarily gated the Klein Stars behind RFTools Dimensions in order to prevent an exploit

This Broke the wooden Shovel Recipe

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
This Broke the wooden Shovel Recipe
Oh dear. I left it out somehow. I'll definitely include it in the next update, but I think you can live without it in the meantime.

As well, if you've recently arrived to the Nether, don't forget to watch Val use a new object that could prove to be rather useful - the Transmutation Table:

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Kazure

Jul 29, 2019
Why is there no info about how much RAM this pack min. needs? Whenever i try to create a World it crashed while using 4GB RAM saying that he ran out of Memory

rstonewall

Jul 29, 2019
Love the pack. Alas, I've had a couple of crashes while playing today. It's possible they're just due to low RAM or some other issue with my computer, but since I have no idea what the crashlog means I figured I'd toss it up here just in case it's a bug. http://pastebin.com/LagQLHUD

Why is there no info about how much RAM this pack min. needs? Whenever i try to create a World it crashed while using 4GB RAM saying that he ran out of Memory
I've spent quite a lot of time playing today with only 2GB RAM - which, okay, may have caused my crashes, but it sounds like your crashes are happening straight after you create the world, which mine weren't - they happened after I'd been playing for a few hours. Possibly RAM isn't the problem? Four's on the high side anyway, I think.

Maelstraz

Jul 29, 2019
Try to add Fastcraft.

Also crashes may happen because of world structures.

Reactions: Elec332

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
Love the pack. Alas, I've had a couple of crashes while playing today. It's possible they're just due to low RAM or some other issue with my computer, but since I have no idea what the crashlog means I figured I'd toss it up here just in case it's a bug. http://pastebin.com/LagQLHUD

I've spent quite a lot of time playing today with only 2GB RAM - which, okay, may have caused my crashes, but it sounds like your crashes are happening straight after you create the world, which mine weren't - they happened after I'd been playing for a few hours. Possibly RAM isn't the problem? Four's on the high side anyway, I think.
Thats a problem with client control
@Gideonseymour , IIRC, this is a new kind of world-gen-crash

Reactions: rstonewall

fourk

Jul 29, 2019
I've been really enjoying this pack. One thing I can't figure out though, is how to craft an ME Controller for an ME network.

In which dimensions do skystone meteors spawn?

fourk

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, currently, they do not. I'm fixing that in the next update.
Used creative-mode to spawn meteors to get the skyblocks and inscriber plans. It seems like the recipe for Formation Cores is currently bugged, as the recipe is identical to Annihilation Core.

Is there any other way to get teslaite besides running around collecting light blue flowers? When building out an ME network, the teslaite bottleneck becomes very painful very quickly, significantly more so than with any of the other resource grinds so far in the game. The rest of the ME resource tuning feels about right, but making it super difficult to build the most basic ME wiring just feels bad. It encourages ugly layouts, stacking all your machines on top of one another simply because cables are so expensive.

Thanks for the great modpack :)

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Used creative-mode to spawn meteors to get the skyblocks and inscriber plans. It seems like the recipe for Formation Cores is currently bugged, as the recipe is identical to Annihilation Core.

Is there any other way to get teslaite besides running around collecting light blue flowers? When building out an ME network, the teslaite bottleneck becomes very painful very quickly, significantly more so than with any of the other resource grinds so far in the game. The rest of the ME resource tuning feels about right, but making it super difficult to build the most basic ME wiring just feels bad. It encourages ugly layouts, stacking all your machines on top of one another simply because cables are so expensive.

Thanks for the great modpack :)
Yeah, there's going to be alternate methods of getting teslalite as well.
So in fixing this are you adding a crafting recipe or are you making them spawn because the latter might cause some difficulty with already progressed worlds.
A recipe.

bnos

Jul 29, 2019
How do you crossbreed crops when I place a crop on a crop then try to place seeds on it it goes back to just being one crop not 2

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
This is an awesome pack. Just started playing today, and am having a lot of fun with it. I've already learnt a lot about the agriculture mod that I didn't already know about, and am very keen to get into Botania, which I have only lightly touched on in modpacks before.
I love the idea of having a journal rather than a quest system in this as well, works nicely, as it doesn't force you down a specific path, but it guides you when you need it to. Bravo Gideonseymour, and the rest of your team.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, thanks the videos of Vals NoisyToys I'm testing the pack now, too. Looks quiet interessting.
I really begin to love mod-packs which makes things not too easy on you with recipes and so. And learning about new mods is quiet fun. (I begin to love agricraft ^^)

Two little questions from my very early game:
- Cacti only grows in desert-biomes?
[edit] Alright, just took a while to grow. So was confused. [/edit]

- Is there any early-game automation for getting water into the agricraft-watersystem? Or only from rain until you're able to make one of the thermal-expansion-water-machines?
(Tried a few things like putting the tank under water. And until I'm good with growing cacti somewhere I don't want to break too many of the buckets ^^)

[edit]
And a third question came up:

- Do I understand Agricraft right, that you pretty much have to "mutate" your way up. So starting with a field with "1,1,1" seeds, when you get seeds with better numbers you should switch them out so the next crossbreeding can get even better result or at least same-number-result?
(so a field with "2,2,2" would always give you 'at least' a "2,2,2" seed?)

Last edited:

dtherrien

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm stuck at the point where you need to create a Lexica Botania. I can't make paper. Does sugar cane exist in the first world or no? I've done a lot of searching around my base and haven't found any yet. Tips? Tricks? Encouragement?